FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

i just hope that they'd fix the super accurate sliding tackle by the cpu. I felt that the cpu are OP when they do sliding tackles. The almost slides for everything, and got it almost every time.

Kick off bug?
One two lobbed exploit?

I must live under a rock as I've missed these. (I don't pkay online though so could explain why). The last bug I remember on FIFA was you could score from kick off by knocking the ball forward and shouting from the circle line.

This game looks facking good. Bundelisga pa announcer sounds amazing

It's definitely still fast. However, the line settings are the culprit there. 50/50 by default is too spread out, which makes the matches end-to-end like the Man City-Chelsea match he posted. I do like the defenders meeting the attackers though. The player models also look more "solid" especially on the sharp dribble turns, etc - promising there.

From a slider perspective, I am seeing good things, but who knows what the final product will look like - take FIFA 15 as an example there.

still looks too fast to me

I don't know what people really expect of EA & FIFA now. First & foremost FIFA is by all intents and purposes a video game. How slow do you really want it to be? It's a 90+ minutes real time game squashed in less then 20 minutes. Did you watch how fast was Barcelona & Real Madrid games last night? I had a hard time keeping up with the fast paced action just watching & couldn't believe how quick those players in the field react. But people want FIFA to move at a snails pace but still capture everything that happens in a real game. Watch any Premier league game.. it's definitely not slow! Yes there's changes in pace but it is by no means slow. On the contrary the EPL is known for pace.

all videos gone but same person start new channel with videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJGvdJWi7SavmaIzvQ9E5w

game looks very good. cant wait to see how manual looks like :DD

I always felt manual is not so realistic to be honest. It doesn't take that much effort to string around a few passes in real life like it does on manual. The thing with power combined with precise direction and all the other variables that are taken into account just to pull off a simple pass is a bit over the top in manual. It's really simple for a professional footballer (and we are supposed to be controlling professional footballers) to hit a pass.

There should be a "Snail pace" setting for some people so the game can be played extremely slowed down.

"Slow" obviously isn't cutting it, but I'm pretty sure a lot of these games are being played on "Normal" speed.

cant please everyone, thats just life, i just ignore the obvious stupid comments :)

FIFA 16 looks like a brilliant game. It's very good from the videos surely even better when you play it. I couldn't ask for more from EA.
But like you said it's life. People watch real football and complain that a player missed a shot for example. Same happens in a game they call it scripted!

I always felt manual is not so realistic to be honest. It doesn't take that much effort to string around a few passes in real life like it does on manual. The thing with power combined with precise direction and all the other variables that are taken into account just to pull off a simple pass is a bit over the top in manual. It's really simple for a professional footballer (and we are supposed to be controlling professional footballers) to hit a pass.
I do agree with this. I think semi is a happy medium for people who want a bit of vulnerability with their passing bit still want to enjoy the match. At the end of the day it's supposed to be a game and it's supposed to be satisfying and fun, I'm not having fun if I'm investing too much attention on having a successful pass from player A to player B rather than figuring out how to create a goal scoring opportunity.

i agree that manual is a little too difficult compared to real life, this is why i advocate for manual + always-on guideline like PES have (the arrow) as i think that provide the best balance between freedom and difficulty.

however, compare to assisted, manual is still much much closer to real life. this i can guarantee! :DD watch any fifa manual match vs fifa assisted match and i think you will agree also

Last edited:

I do agree with this. I think semi is a happy medium for people who want a bit of vulnerability with their passing bit still want to enjoy the match. At the end of the day it's supposed to be a game and it's supposed to be satisfying and fun, I'm not having fun if I'm investing too much attention on having a successful pass from player A to player B rather than figuring out how to create a goal scoring opportunity.

It's a problem when I see a simple pass I want to make from a CB to a right back (under no pressure whatsoever) but I'm literally too scared to make it because I might just overhit / underhit or misdirect it. Should I decide to take the 'risk' and make the pass & succeed and the RB receives it successfully, I'm now stuck by the touchline under pressure from the AI because trying to send the ball between to opponents to a CM suddenly proves to be too complex a task! Never mind creating a goal scoring opportunity lol! :P

i agree that manual is a little too difficult compared to real life, this is why i advocate for manual + always-on guideline like PES have (the arrow) as i think that provide the best balance between freedom and difficulty.

however, compare to assisted, manual is still much much closer to real life. this i can guarantee! :DD watch any fifa manual match vs fifa assisted match and i think you will agree also

I haven't seen it - maybe it does look realistic in terms of how it flows and the passing lanes.. but pulling it off it what I think isn't worth the frustration.:))

It's a problem when I see a simple pass I want to make from a CB to a right back (under no pressure whatsoever) but I'm literally too scared to make it because I might just overhit / underhit or misdirect it.

Sounds like a brilliant simulation of real life football, how many times do we see a CB trying a Xavi pass and cocking it up monumentally? :)

It's a problem when I see a simple pass I want to make from a CB to a right back (under no pressure whatsoever) but I'm literally too scared to make it because I might just overhit / underhit or misdirect it. Should I decide to take the 'risk' and make the pass & succeed and the RB receives it successfully, I'm now stuck by the touchline under pressure from the AI because trying to send the ball between to opponents to a CM suddenly proves to be too complex a task! Never mind creating a goal scoring opportunity lol! :P

I haven't seen it - maybe it does look realistic in terms of how it flows and the passing lanes.. but pulling it off it what I think isn't worth the frustration.:))

this is a player skill problem not a manual problem. i have no frustration on manual and i meet many players online better than me who have no frustration. all i can say is practice & practice, watch youtube video of skill manual player and learn from, or play online. the reward for good manual play is worth it! i will upload fifa 16 demo manual play when it release to share also

Sounds like a brilliant simulation of real life football, how many times do we see a CB trying a Xavi pass and cocking it up monumentally? :)
Rarely - unless you watching Sheffield Wednesday! :))

Found this write-up on another site quite interesting:

So managed to get a couple of hours in of clubs on the beta to form a better opinion. Thought I'd point out what I liked/didnt and some new features (i played as 'any' so controlled the whole team)

Game speed: Much much slower than fifa15. Didn't enjoy that but probably one of those things where you just adjust to how slow it is after a day or 2 and then it feels normal

Dribbling: Was naffing horrible because of how much slower the game speed was. You turn like a snail which made going past people difficult, and easy to get tackled

Defending: This had pros and cons. I don't know if anyone has noticed how in previous fifa's the game tries to make defending very difficult. What I mean by that is, if you read the play and move a player where you think the ball will go so you can intercept, the ball which magically take a path round you or the game auto moves the player you are marking away from you so that the pass always gets through and you can't intercept. When in reality, you have read what the opposition player is going to do so you should be rewarded in those situations. Well in fifa16, intercepting was much easier, most of the time that I got a player between the passer and the target I intercepted it without the ball taking a path around me. So that was good. However the downside is being on the attacking side - you still can't run towards the ball! Say you have a striker standing uptop, you play a pass to his feet, he still remains standing and cannot move towards the ball to collect it, which makes it very easy for the defender to just move infront of him and intercept the pass.
Tackling: Back to my first point about the game making it difficult - too often when you tackle a player, the ball will fall loose but conveniently at another attackers feet, so you have to make 2/3 successful tackles on different players before you actually come away with the ball. Well, that is still present here

Control: Still horrible. Sometimes your player will just have random bad first touches, even in situations where this should not happen, and with the gamespeed being much slower, its harder to adjust to this and recover before you are closed down. Also still has that terrible control for receiving passes in the air - sometimes takes 2/3 maybe 4 touches when receiving it to feet out the air, or if the ball hits your chest the game still launches your player forward about 2-3 feet in an attempt to control the pass, and you often ending up running into an opposition player. I think the OP tactic for defending will be playing team pressing/high pressure

Shooting: Goalkeepers are still absolutely awful, let in save-able shots all the time. Too easy

Passing: This was interesting, lobbed throughballs were much more difficult to get right, and the power of passes was different. I kept under-hitting throughballs, so this makes it a lot harder which is probably a good thing, or will it remove the fun as its a bit harder to create chances?

Overall: Didn't enjoy the 2hours I spent playing, maybe things I will adjust to and end up preferring but it still annoys me they have annoying features which are just there to be frustrating (like bad control/tackling). It also annoys me that in clubs, the challenges and edit options are the exact same as they have been for 4/5 years now. Seriously, it isn't hard to vary it a bit and its even easier to just improve it and some new features! Also you can still go straight from one club game to another but have the 2minute countdown inbetween games, so whats the point, it take the amount of time as in the older fifa's where you just back out tot he menu, pick your position and search!

This turned into a much longer post than I expected, my bad! And this was just clubs, I have no idea if the gameplay in FUT or other modes are any different

That really sounds like an improved FIFA 14 which is brilliant. That's why the onliners like the one above are complaining about the turn speed and poor touches.

Huzzah.

The quoted post 2 up where it states your forward doesn't come towards the ball when you pass to him. I don't have that problem. I just move the stick as soon as I press pass and my forward comes to the ball. Never had an issue with it.

That really sounds like an improved FIFA 14 which is brilliant. That's why the onliners like the one above are complaining about the turn speed and poor touches.

Huzzah.

Yes, I also hope they don't increase the turn speed. FIFA 15 was absolutely atrocious just because the CPU turns 360 twice in just 2 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom