FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

If Evo-web had awards, this would be odds on favorite for 'pretentious post of the year'.

The most important thing is for all of us to know what we want and have fun with what we enjoy from these games.

Other peoples approval doesn't matter, never matters now and never, ever will matter!

They're adamant it was the right decision last year so I doubt they will, yet another reason to go for the PC version!

Off Topic:

WE GOT THE SUMMERHOUSE! Received the phonecall to say the bid was accepted, I know it was the news all Fifa fans were waiting for ;)

Congrats :)

They're adamant it was the right decision last year so I doubt they will, yet another reason to go for the PC version!

Off Topic:

WE GOT THE SUMMERHOUSE! Received the phonecall to say the bid was accepted, I know it was the news all Fifa fans were waiting for ;)

Nice!!!!

10653355_794232363961073_1508433074182762353_n.jpg

Off Topic:

Yeah, I'd be shocked if we see any change, despite it being such a controversial (and horrible imo) addition. I'm kinda tempted to build a new PC just so I don't have to put up with the unmodded version of CM for an entire year.

Congrats! Probably the best news in the FIFA 15 forum!

The most important thing is for all of us to know what we want and have fun with what we enjoy from these games.

Other peoples approval doesn't matter, never matters now and never, ever will matter!

There is no small irony in you decrying the role of people's egos and yet you insist on going on and on with the off-topic, high and mighty-type posts.

Seriously, how about just keeping it to FIfA?

Off Topic:

Congratulations m8!

About the snow picture, looks a lot more realistic than 14.

Thanks for the congrats peeps! Don't want to curse it so I'll wait until it's all signed towards the end of September then post some pics somewhere in OT, help persuade you all to rent it for a week in Summer, Fifa fans get a discount ;)

I'm kinda tempted to build a new PC just so I don't have to put up with the unmodded version of CM for an entire year.

Definitely worth it, the simple things like being able to create your own player photos and stuff is great, annoying that one of your favourite players spends his career in the shirt of an old team or something like that! Lots of other little tweaks you can do with the various cfg files to improve the CM as well which all help.

What am i being high and mighty about exactly? :CONFUSE:

High and mighty is not the correct phrase. The point klash is that these days just about every discussion you participate in regarding FIFA eventually leads to you making things personal, making it about ego, insecurities, fear, etc. Instead of actually talking about what people say about the game, you make it about psychology/philosophy/sociology, or just plain anti-EA.

I think everyone prefers that we keep things FIFA-related.

I mostly play career mode and IMO gameplay>graphics and presentation, but I wonder when will EA add tattoos to players? There are so many players today with tattoos that you just can't ignore them and without them scanned and "realistic" faces make no sense. If EA is lazy they can just hire one of the modders that made many great tattoos like Rob Kenshin http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187634

Not that that wouldn't be cool, I imagine adding tattoos would be extremely labor-intensive/expensive to make sense. Maybe we'll see them when face scans progress to full body scans.

Definitely worth it, the simple things like being able to create your own player photos and stuff is great, annoying that one of your favourite players spends his career in the shirt of an old team or something like that! Lots of other little tweaks you can do with the various cfg files to improve the CM as well which all help.

I'd love to but the likelihood of it happening is pretty small at the moment. Question: what controller do you use?

High and mighty is not the correct phrase. The point klash is that these days just about every discussion you participate in regarding FIFA eventually leads to you making things personal, making it about ego, insecurities, fear, etc. Instead of actually talking about what people say about the game, you make it about psychology/philosophy/sociology, or just plain anti-EA.

I think everyone prefers that we keep things FIFA-related.

That's just me, i always go deep. If you don't the argument goes round in circles because people just avoid questions they don't like.

Not that that wouldn't be cool, I imagine adding tattoos would be extremely labor-intensive/expensive to make sense. Maybe we'll see them when face scans progress to full body scans.
As i mentioned before EA had to get approval to use Colin Kaepernick's Tattoo's for Madden 15 so maybe it's the same FIFA15.

Not just tattoos, but what EA really needs to do to make a good game is to get Benzema's nostril hair exactly the right length, ensure Gareth Bale's hairband is properly bump-mapped, and make Iniesta's bootlaces have the correct nobbley bit at the end.

LAZY!

As i mentioned before EA had to get approval to use Colin Kaepernick's Tattoo's for Madden 15 so maybe it's the same FIFA15.

EA has stated it's up to the players to get permission from the tattoo artist before any art work can be placed in the game. I still find it odd as to why that would be required and how did the WWE, NBA & UFC games manage to have tattoo's included

Last edited:
That's just me, i always go deep. If you don't the argument goes round in circles because people just avoid questions they don't like.

You gotta be kidding me. Do you even realize how nonsensical and ironic your posts are?

You avoid discussion about the game by going off on strange tangents, shifting the topic to calling people insecure, making things personal, talking about people's fears and egos. Sorry to burst your bubble, but none of this is deep. It's kinda sad, a little funny, but mostly annoying.

If you want to go deep, go deep about the game.

Last edited:

EA has stated it's up to the players to get permission from the tattoo artist before any art work can be placed in the game. I still find it odd as to why that would be required and how did the WWE, NBA & UFC games manage to have tattoo's included

Pretty sure I read somewhere the issue is of copyright laws, and if they show the real tattoos, they open themselves up to lawsuits by the tattoo artists. I think I read that Kaepernick got the okay from his artist. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

EA pays money to use the likeness of the players in the game. This has been part of the lawsuits going with NCAA football, with players now going to be compensated for their image rights deals. So I guess some new arrangement, if it's even possible, would somehow need to be made that protects them from copyright infringement before they'd show all the real tattoos.

Pretty sure I read somewhere the issue is of copyright laws, and if they show the real tattoos, they open themselves up to lawsuits by the tattoo artists. I think I read that Kaepernick got the okay from his artist. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

EA pays money to use the likeness of the players in the game. This has been part of the lawsuits going with NCAA football, with players now going to be compensated for their image rights deals. So I guess some new arrangement, if it's even possible, would somehow need to be made that protects them from copyright infringement before they'd show all the real tattoos.

I always assumed once you got a tattoo it was exclusively yours, a tattoo artist being allowed to file a lawsuit about a tattoo sounds ridiculous.

Oh well back to Fifa, how bout them nets ay

Last edited:
I'd love to but the likelihood of it happening is pretty small at the moment. Question: what controller do you use?

I use a wireless 360 controller with a cheap PC-Wireless adaptor from Ebay, wired 360 controller of course works and the PS4 controller is almost fully compatible if you have a simple/cheap bluetooth dongle although I found some issues where it would stop working intermittently which was annoying so I reverted to the wireless 360 controller which works pretty flawlessly.

Great! Especially when having an EvoWeb PES tourney with it as well!

;)

Placebo > :BLINK:

Your pays the rent you can do what you like, within reason ;)

Nice idea. For those of us who've always wanted to visit Sweden, we now have a place to stay.:BEER:

It's a great location, especially for anyone into fishing/hiking etc :)

Placebo's screen after they accepted his summerhouse bid :D

LOL indeed ;)

Back
Top Bottom