FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

from what nestor villanueva says on fsb podcast the gameplay from fifa 15 vids from gamescom look nothing like the game he played at E3 ,he loved the fifa 15 he played at E3,but EA have changed the game so much to make it with gameplay for spamming fut kids again,they should not have touched the E3 gameplay for the basic game and just changed the gamescom gameplay for there fut mode,that crowd love this superfast ott gameplay.
hope the sliders on final fifa 15 game can save the single player game.
perhaps online on the new pes 2015 can be good this year,i buy both games for ps4 anyway this year.

I was listening to a PES united podcast, the E3 one. One point in particular stuck with me. One of the guys said he spoke a lead programmer from EA in the FIFA team and he was asking him about headers, spam through balls, homing clearances , etc.

He said that the programmer told him " I'm still not allowed to make the football game I want to make" it's the bigwigs at EA pulling all the strings, not even the programmers have freedom. There hands are tied.

Last edited:
I was listening to a PES united podcast, the E3 one. One point in particular stuck with me. One of the guys said he spoke a lead programmer from EA in the FIFA team and he was asking him about headers, spam through balls, homing clearances , etc.

He said that the programmer told him " I'm still not allowed to make the football game I want to make" it's the bigwigs at EA pulling all the strings, not even the programmers have freedom. There hands are tied.

I remember that as well.

I believe that. Similar to the Need for Speed Shift games, which could have been so good but were held back by decisions to make the game as accessible as possible to the masses.

Yep, that quote stuck with me too. I think it's pretty clear FIFA'S remit is to cater for a certain demographic. Not the likes of us unfortunately.

I don't buy it. If FIFA's remit was to cater only to "a certain demographic", by which I infer you mean kids playing FUT with little interest in realistic football, then we would have seen a different direction of development than we have over the last generation.

Instead, anyone who's played FIFA regularly over the last decade would clearly know that the game has gotten more realistic, not less. For example, what were two of the three big new features last year, the game's first year on next gen? AI and realistic player movement. And they certainly made a difference (even if not as much as we might like).

This idea that FIFA's development is catered singularly toward a demographic that does not include "us" (which I'm not even quite sure we could define, as there seems to be no small amount of evowebbers who are interested in arcade-type football) is simply not consistent with the facts. Each year we've had features added that improved realism (like the new ball physics this year) and fundamentals (like more realistic first touch), even if they haven't been quite significant enough.

Hell, if FUTers were the only interest of the dev team, each year skill moves would be the top priority, and yet, amazingly enough, tricks and skills have hardly been touched in years.

And if we're going to go off of pure hearsay, from some random dev who we have no idea who he is, we've heard from other sources, guys I trust like Dave and Tom at FUThead, who've had an ongoing relationship with the devs and truly believe that the fIFA team are interested in putting out a realistic football game - albeit one that is exciting and fun to play, of course.

Last edited:
That's your opinion. The FIFA I have played (yes, I buy it every year) hasn't advanced realism nearly enough in the past few years. It's all marketing hype, gimmicks and presentational enhancements that add little to the gameplay in real terms, leaving me playing a game that feels almost identical to the one before.

FIFA was on a good path with 08, 09 and 10, but since then I feel the series has stagnated and not explored its true potential.

That's your opinion. The FIFA I have played (yes, I buy it every year) hasn't advanced realism nearly enough in the past few years. It's all marketing hype, gimmicks and presentational enhancements that add little to the gameplay in real terms, leaving me playing a game that feels almost identical to the one before.

FIFA was on a good path with 08, 09 and 10, but since then I feel the series has stagnated and not explored its true potential.

i thought fifa 14 NG was a decent step up

I don't buy it. If FIFA's remit was to cater only to "a certain demographic", by which I infer you mean kids playing FUT with little interest in realistic football, then we would have seen a different direction of development than we have over the last generation.

Instead, anyone who's played FIFA regularly over the last decade would clearly know that the game has gotten more realistic, not less. For example, what were two of the three big new features last year, the game's first year on next gen? AI and realistic player movement. And they certainly made a difference (even if not as much as we might like).

This idea that FIFA's development is catered singularly toward a demographic that does not include "us" (which I'm not even quite sure we could define, as there seems to be no small amount of evowebbers who are interested in arcade-type football) is simply not consistent with the facts. Each year we've had features added that improved realism (like the new ball physics this year) and fundamentals (like more realistic first touch), even if they haven't been quite significant enough.

Hell, if FUTers were the only interest of the dev team, each year skill moves would be the top priority, and yet, amazingly enough, tricks and skills have hardly been touched in years.

And if we're going to go off of pure hearsay, from some random dev who we have no idea who he is, we've heard from other sources, guys I trust like Dave and Tom at FUThead, who've had an ongoing relationship with the devs and truly believe that the fIFA team are interested in putting out a realistic football game - albeit one that is exciting and fun to play, of course.
I totally agree.I started playing fifa on PS3 since WC game.And every year it got better and better. Offline experience is more realistic than it's online counterpart.
The biggest step btw games was Fifa14 PS4.The 1st fifa game or any football game to keep me interested in playing 6 seasons of CM.I'm still playing atm( 7th season ) plus 2 seasons on PC before upgrading.For me that's a sign for a great game at its time.
Despite the crapy vids( which seem to be the case with most fifa vids)I can't wait to play it and experience the new depth of tactics and the other stuff.

Well now you've changed the discussion and are talking about something else entirely. I would agree with you that they haven't advanced realism "enough", but that's because I, and obviously you, want more out of the game. (Though maybe we simply want more than is possible in a game developed on yearly cycle - which is also why the game feels so similar each year.)

That said, I don't buy your (previous) argument that the devs are catering to only one specific audience, and that audience isn't us (and I'll point out that FUTers have been extremely vocal complaining about OP headers and through balls too, so if those aren't fixed it's not necessarily because of them). And I don't know how anyone who is trying to be objectionable could look at the feature list of previous years and conclude that realism was not a goal.

Has it all been "enough?" No, I'd agree with you and say it has not been, though I'd also agree with hitmanuk and argue that NG 14 was a nice step forward for the series and a good start to NG. Despite its flaws (which aren't few or insignificant), FIFA NG 14 is still the best football game ever made, imo of course.

But has it all been hype, gimmicks, and presentational enhancements? I'd argue that's not only a wrong opinion but factually incorrect based on the list of features added in recent years. Do you, for example, believe that the last year's biggest gameplay additions, realistic player movement and AI upgrades, were hype, gimmicks, and presentational enhancements?

Last edited:
My issue with not even just fifa, all football games, they're far behind to where they could be in all departments and amount of money they revenue and make from yearly sales, it's underwelming the state football games are in. Just my opinion anyway.

My issue with not even just fifa, all football games, they're far behind to where they could be in all departments and amount of money they revenue and make from yearly sales, it's underwelming the state football games are in. Just my opinion anyway.

Yes. Couldn't agree more. PES has been in a sorry state for too long now but I believe that's a result of developer incompetence above all else. I'm not exactly blown away by what I've seen of PES2015 - some good, some great, but a lot to worry about - but it is at least moving in the right direction i.e. away from being shit.

I agree completely.

I just wonder whether it's the nature of having a yearly production cycle. At least when it comes to FIFA that is. When it comes to PES, yeah, definitely agree that developer incompetence was a primary factor (not that FIFA isn't immune to this either!).

Last edited:
The problem I have with football games especially fifa is the fact that there is little improvement in the genre compared to other games. EA makes a ton of money from Fifa and Ultimate team, Infact Ultimate team made about 400 million dollars last year.

I expect to see this money being used to develop the game but it never happens and it makes me sad. Just watched the new 2k trailer and the presentation shits all over fifa's why the hell can EA not fix the poor commentary or reach the great heights 2k are .

I mean when a company with less money and less resources than EA is making a better game all-round game it says a lot it has to get you thinking.

With the amount of money EA makes from fifa alone you would think that fifa would be the best sports game in the world if this money is put to good use but no its one exclusive license after another.

Look at how people praise 2k , do you think that if the NBA allowed exclusive licensing we would know that achieving 2k levels of realism and graphics were possible.

Truth is we all would be playing Nba live 14 and praising it like it was the best thing since sliced bread. Simply because you have not seen better.

The reason why football games are so backward is simple "Exclusive Licensing" , take that a way and you will see true creativity and innovation.

P.S there are others here who might refuse to accept this and say that fifa has been improving and reaching new heights. I suggest you get out of the cave you are living in and look outside and see how far behind we are and how EA gives you slight change everyyear for your $60, simply because they can.

P.S there are others here who might refuse to accept this and say that fifa has been improving and reaching new heights. I suggest you get out of the cave you are living in and look outside and see how far behind we are and how EA gives you slight change everyyear for your $60, simply because they can.

Wow, didn't realize I was living in a cave. Could've sworn this was a duplex!

Yes but sadly these demos aren't enough to form final verdicts, well for me.

They're way too short.

Not to mention the gameplay gets tinkered and changed with the final release. Happened numerous times with both games, especially in PES.

I managed to get in for the Career Mode Beta (on X360), so will crack on with that tonight (haven't been at home so that was the first chance to download it). Played a couple of kick off games to see if there's any big difference, and it looks good so far. Although as always, it's early days!

If there were any major gripes with 14, I'm happy to see if they've sorted it.
I'll do an in depth report in a couple of days...

Jamesy, is gameplay better than 14? (xbox 360) ?
Can you give your score of Fifa 14 and Fifa 15 beta ?

I only managed 2 games last night, but felt that there's an improvement already.
First impressions were:
- heavier ball (a good thing)
- easy to mess up shots if rushed
- CPU defenders kick ball out of play when pressured, instead of upfield
- mis-timed sliding tackles leave your team wide open
- replays of goals / near misses during the game, a bit like TV in real life

I'll have a better overview tonight though.
Thinking of a CM with a Championship club, purely to see what happens to your finances when promoted.
After that I'm thinking a top team, to see how the fixtures work out with domestic & european games...

I only managed 2 games last night, but felt that there's an improvement already.
First impressions were:
- heavier ball (a good thing)
- easy to mess up shots if rushed
- CPU defenders kick ball out of play when pressured, instead of upfield
- mis-timed sliding tackles leave your team wide open
- replays of goals / near misses during the game, a bit like TV in real life

I'll have a better overview tonight though.
Thinking of a CM with a Championship club, purely to see what happens to your finances when promoted.
After that I'm thinking a top team, to see how the fixtures work out with domestic & european games...
what about the pace/speed of gameplay ? is it still so fast and arcadish as FIFA14?

Back
Top Bottom