FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

The problem I have with football games especially fifa is the fact that there is little improvement in the genre compared to other games. EA makes a ton of money from Fifa and Ultimate team, Infact Ultimate team made about 400 million dollars last year.

I expect to see this money being used to develop the game but it never happens and it makes me sad. Just watched the new 2k trailer and the presentation shits all over fifa's why the hell can EA not fix the poor commentary or reach the great heights 2k are .

I mean when a company with less money and less resources than EA is making a better game all-round game it says a lot it has to get you thinking.

With the amount of money EA makes from fifa alone you would think that fifa would be the best sports game in the world if this money is put to good use but no its one exclusive license after another.

Look at how people praise 2k , do you think that if the NBA allowed exclusive licensing we would know that achieving 2k levels of realism and graphics were possible.

Truth is we all would be playing Nba live 14 and praising it like it was the best thing since sliced bread. Simply because you have not seen better.

The reason why football games are so backward is simple "Exclusive Licensing" , take that a way and you will see true creativity and innovation.

P.S there are others here who might refuse to accept this and say that fifa has been improving and reaching new heights. I suggest you get out of the cave you are living in and look outside and see how far behind we are and how EA gives you slight change everyyear for your $60, simply because they can.

They are just protecting their egos. Some people fear being wrong even if it's just an opinion and there no definitive right in this discussion.

Agree with your post man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_cRqUP9jiU

2K like konami on the ps2 got the gameplay right early then have been allowed to go to astronomic levels in terms of presentation. The graphics really don't look great at all, very average at best, still looks like a 360/ps3 game its the presentation and full package which is outstanding. There so much which can be done with football games but dirty money and greed is holding us back.

Last edited:
I've seen that picture, magnificent house...Lucky sod..hope you'll get it.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Thanks, we made a bid so waiting to see if it's accepted, area is great and fishing is very good so fingers crossed, I'll share more pics in OT if we get it!

On-Topic:

Was hoping to see some more news about at the very least extra tweaks being made to career mode and hopefully more slider improvements, the one consolation for me is that Fifa 14 on PC is > than Fifa 14 on PS4 with the mods/tweaks etc so Fifa 15 on PC will be a great improvement, would be disappointed if I were planning to pay £60 or so for the PS4 version though.

Was hoping to see some more news about at the very least extra tweaks being made to career mode.

Hopefully they remove the bug this year, where when you sell a couple of players and get some loans in, the players return to the parent club and the following season you get the players removed from you squad and no budget adjustment to compensate the wages.

I found it brilliant when I played as Exeter loaned 7 players and the following season after being promoted, I just had my youth players and no money in the bank to sign a single player.

I also wonder if they fix competition rules this season??

Last edited:
They are just protecting their egos. Some people fear being wrong even if it's just an opinion and there no definitive right in this discussion.

Hey Klash, here's a crazy thought: how about keeping your opinions to what's relevant to the game rather than making odd personal attacks.

Your continued suggestions that people are insecure, protecting their egos, etc. have zero value in a discussion about a video game.

Hey Klash, here's a crazy thought: how about keeping your opinions to what's relevant to the game rather than making odd personal attacks.

Your continued suggestions that people are insecure, protecting their egos, etc. have zero value in a discussion about a video game.

Sorry but easy peasy has a point.

Also the western world is built on a fear based culture where everyone builds egos to protect themselves. Its very easy to see them and spot insecurities.

Two big q's that should be easy to answer:

1. Do long passes still run forever, and not slow down realistically?
2. Does every clearance out of the box still end up at feet?

Two big q's that should be easy to answer:

1. Do long passes still run forever, and not slow down realistically?
2. Does every clearance out of the box still end up at feet?

Regarding number 1, that was one of my main concerns too, but I haven't seen any evidence of it so far in all the videos I've watched.:))

They have to get rid of the stupid glitches it CM.

So many times the entire weekend fixtures end 0-0 and then I have a glitch where I make a sub and then I have 3 players with their bibs on sitting on the halfway line in a circle and then the game crashes.

Also the western world is built on a fear based culture where everyone builds egos to protect themselves. Its very easy to see them and spot insecurities.
See this shit right here, it has no place in these forums. Absolute Bullshit.

See this shit right here, it has no place in these forums. Absolute Bullshit.

Despite him having a valid point, in some very extreme cases, it really shouldnt be here. Grand sweeping statements like that engender a lot of bad things. Especially as the Western culture is something so complex you couldnt describe it if I asked you. It takes an open mind to even entertain this as a discussion point. But this place is not that discussion room.

Last edited:

If Evo-web had awards, this would be odds on favorite for 'pretentious post of the year'.

No idea if this is accurate:

http://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-15-demo-guide/

FIFA 15 Demo Release Date and Platforms

The FIFA 15 Demo will be released on September 9th, 2014. (1)

The exactly FIFA 15 Demo release date depends of your region and your platform: (1)

September 9th, 2014 (Tuesday)
- PC (9:30am) and XBox gamers (2pm)
- North America Playstation gamers (7:30pm)

September 10th, 2014 (Wednesday)
- European Playstation gamers (5pm)

FIFA 15 Demo will be released for XBox 360, Playstation 3, PC, XBox One and Playstation 4. (2)

Last year, FIFA 14 Demo was available on September 10th.

I only managed 2 games last night, but felt that there's an improvement already.
First impressions were:
- heavier ball (a good thing)
- easy to mess up shots if rushed
- CPU defenders kick ball out of play when pressured, instead of upfield
- mis-timed sliding tackles leave your team wide open
- replays of goals / near misses during the game, a bit like TV in real life

I'll have a better overview tonight though.
Thinking of a CM with a Championship club, purely to see what happens to your finances when promoted.
After that I'm thinking a top team, to see how the fixtures work out with domestic & european games...

This sounds good, Jamesy (except replays; I hope they are not too intrusive).
Are there any new sliders?
Is there an option to remove "fog of war" (hidden stats of players in career mode)?
Thanks.

Is there an option to remove "fog of war" (hidden stats of players in career mode)?
Thanks.

They're adamant it was the right decision last year so I doubt they will, yet another reason to go for the PC version!

Off Topic:

WE GOT THE SUMMERHOUSE! Received the phonecall to say the bid was accepted, I know it was the news all Fifa fans were waiting for ;)

Back
Top Bottom