FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Your GK to 20 slider settings changed FIFA 14 for me. With the overhauled GK's in FIFA 15, we're gonna have to rethink the setting again.

Very excited to tinker with FIFA 15 sliders.

I think that's all EA did for Fifa 15 and claimed it as a new feature ;)

But yeah I found it made a great difference, especially seeing realistic goalmouth scrambles and long shots palmed away so it's a race between you and the defender to get to it etc etc.

Now that's silly. You're happy with EA not improving their game? Some bring up good points and they shouldn't be neglected because some on either side are too sensitive, which I don't understand too.

Valid points for game improvement should be noted, not neglected.

I was being sarcastic by the dark side thing.Because most of Klash's posts here haven been about us being manipulated by western culture and we keep saying we like fifa to just protect our ego?! You think that's okay then!

Of course ,I'd like for EA to improve their game.But let's be honest why improve your game that much while you have no competition at all. You have to blame PES for the state of football games with 7 or 8 years with almost nothing solid to play.
Even their new game nothing to impress me yet.Same old same old. At least fifa is solid more advanced experience with logical outcomes instead of pure randomness for the sake of variety.

If anyone doesn't like EA then vote with your wallet. That's why PES2014 is my last game for now until they change to the better.Fifa15 plus the changes abd based on Fifa14 is my game. That's why I post here not there. And improvements are important.

But when you read this thread carefully,you will realize that most of nonsense bashing posts and attacks comes from PES thread regulars.Every single year they do the same esp before release, it's so annoying.Most of the year this thread is the most peaceful of the two games.

Sorry for off topic lads.Back to fifa discussion again.
I've been thinking about the club that I'll manage in fifa15. I managed Blackburn in 14.That stadium deal made me think about a PL side to have ur own stadium but all of my previous clubs were from championship.As for PL I'm thinking of newly promoted sides. What do you think lads ?

Last edited:
This silly bashing happens in both threads actually.

Anyway, I'm yet to be impressed by both, but for the time being I'm more interested in Fifa 15 only from the videos. Playing is a whole different story.

I was being sarcastic by the dark side thing.Because most of Klash's posts here haven been about us being manipulated by western culture and we keep saying we like fifa to just protect our ego?! You think that's okay then!

Of course ,I'd like for EA to improve their game. But let's be honest why improve your game that much while you have no competition at all. You have to blame PES for the state of football games with 7 or 8 years with almost nothing solid to play.
Even their new game nothing to impress me yet.Same old same old. At least fifa is solid more advanced experience with logical outcomes instead of pure randomness for the sake of variety.

If anyone doesn't like EA then vote with your wallet. That's why PES2014 is my last game for now until they change to the better.Fifa15 plus the changes abd based on Fifa14 is my game. That's why I post here not there. And improvements are important.

But when you read this thread carefully,you will realize that most of nonsense bashing posts and attacks comes from PES thread regulars.Every single year they do the same esp before release, it's so annoying.Most of the year this thread is the most peaceful of the two games.

Sorry for off topic lads.Back to fifa discussion again.

First sentence in bold hits the essence. Why would anyone bother to make serious improvements to their product with competition and income being like they are right now?

But I can't really blame only PES for the lack of competition. Sure, they dropped the ball massively, but there should be 3rd, 4th or even 5th publisher capitalizing on that ... after all, isn't football the most popular sport on the planet? There's plenty of money revolving for more than two publishers to be profitable.

Yet no-one seems to be interested to delve into the wonderful world of exclusive licensing and lock-outs. No prem, no bundesliga, no champions league ... just to mention a few most prominent cash cows.

....and in that respect EA (and Konami to a lesser extent) have done their job. Keep competition out, protect their revenues.

The wonderful modern world of gaming, huh.

Licensing is to blame to a large extent, as I see it. If licenses weren't exclusive, any game could have licensed teams and have a chance of selling the minimum amount required for the next game to be worthwhile. As it is, EA have most of them sewn up, with Konami clinging on to the few they have and trying to pry EA's fingers away from one or two of the fringe exclusives.

Back in the late 90's when nobody really had licenses, the technology involved in football games was pretty simplistic and the gap between the presentation of the game and the real deal was utterly vast, there was a pretty even footing between every company. You didn't have to sell as many to break even, and the title of 'best' football game was within reach of almost anyone. That just isn't true at the moment; you need hundreds of people to make a valid contender, you need a lot of sales to make it worthwhile and not having licences simply isn't good enough anymore.

There could probably be one more football series to contend with what we currently have. But it's telling that, amongst those few alternative titles that have emerged like FIFA Street, Ubi's game and the Sensi reboot, nobody has tried to release a 'serious' football sim. The only place you can find people attempting to make those is on phones, where the conditions of the late 90's exist.

Last edited:
I do sometimes wonder how practical it would be to release a football game without any licenses at all, BUT include within it not only an easy edit mode but also an integrated, sophisticated, streamlined system of sharing data.

In which acquiring the latest and greatest community-sourced database would be a few button presses within the game's frontend.

Every PC/console is online now... could it be feasible at this point to make your game deliberately open to community-generated data that is easily accessible by anyone? And how legally secure would that be?

anyone played the beta or gamescon and comment on the fouls. There was a serious lack on he PC and NG version. Saying that I have just started a be a pro season on the ps4 and noticed that the AI fouls each other far more regular than when playing single player as the whole team.

This is a feedback from Scorpio and I don't like it :THINK: (seems arcadish, less fouls):

Had the chance again to play the game all day yesterday at the community day for editors for the FIFA database.

Must say that I'm really impressed with it and am very excited for it's release. Can't play FIFA 14 anymore now.

The ball is much more looser, lots of bad controls (even from the better players), midfield battles, more lenient refereeing which results in more aggresive play from both the AI and human.

I don't quite get the problem. I hated it in FIFA 14 were every little challenge was stopped by the referees whistle. Now you can tackle the ball and get the man but play continues. Much improved advantage rule aswell.

I do sometimes wonder how practical it would be to release a football game without any licenses at all, BUT include within it not only an easy edit mode but also an integrated, sophisticated, streamlined system of sharing data.

In which acquiring the latest and greatest community-sourced database would be a few button presses within the game's frontend.

Every PC/console is online now... could it be feasible at this point to make your game deliberately open to community-generated data that is easily accessible by anyone? And how legally secure would that be?

Don't you think if this were possible Konami would have done this by now? They're half way there after all, with the community support and ability to use and import user created edits, no?

Now that we are talking about this, I had been meaning to ask, how much would a company have to spend to get into the industry competitively?

50 Million?

Sounds like THE solution, but it would most likely end up as a lawsuit target - "officially endorsed back-door to obtain licenses, which are supposed to be exclusive for product X, in product Y" kind of yadda yadda yadda.

Now that we are talking about this, I had been meaning to ask, how much would a company have to spend to get into the industry competitively?

50 Million?

It's not all about the lump sum. Exclusive multi-year licenses (e.g. EPL, Bundesliga) keep every one out of the game until such agreement expires. That's the whole point of exclusivity.

Last edited:
I disagree about licenses being the barrier.A football game can focus only on 11vs11 online mode just like fifa's but with more advanced gameplay. Or a game based on something like UT or MLO where you build your team from the ground up. The company can only get the fifapro license to get players likeness.
Both ideas would sell and one day they might get more licenses or they won't be exclusive anymore.

For me it's just pure laziness and minimizing the dangers by playing it safe. It's the companies not the licenses.

I'm glad that fifa keep pushing the game in small increments rather than sitting on laurels for years.

Licenses aren't the only barrier, but they certainly are a barrier. All else being equal, most are going to buy the game with the licenses.

Not having the licenses isn't an excuse for PES not being successful, but it's certainly a disadvantage that has to be overcome, and means that Konami has to pretty much nail everything else, which they've failed to do.

Yep, back in the old days you didn't mind spending 2 weeks (in my case) editing the game because you would have a year of great gameplay. These days they both have their faults, and thats without the licenses issue.

This is a feedback from Scorpio and I don't like it :THINK: (seems arcadish, less fouls):

Indeed. If he doesn't see the gameplay ramifications due to lack of fouls, then we have a fundamentally different view when it comes to football games.

How many times have you seen fouls given for nothing? I've been left scratching my head plenty of times. Scorpio isn't a numpty and I'd take his info before any of the people on here who want bloody tattoos in the game! He's played it and I'm pretty sure he's saying you can actually bloody tackle a bit more without getting blown up for a non existent foul.
And tbh, I don't want the bloody whistle being blown every few seconds anyway. Stop/start in a game would do my head in.

Yeah from my experience with FIFA14 NG I felt a serious lack of officiating. Weird that he feels is less now on FIFA15. not questing credibility just find it strange, is it how I am playing that results in less fouls

How many times have you seen fouls given for nothing? I've been left scratching my head plenty of times. Scorpio isn't a numpty and I'd take his info before any of the people on here who want bloody tattoos in the game! He's played it and I'm pretty sure he's saying you can actually bloody tackle a bit more without getting blown up for a non existent foul.
And tbh, I don't want the bloody whistle being blown every few seconds anyway. Stop/start in a game would do my head in.

Thanks mate, that’s exactly what I was trying to explain. The cpu does foul more, AND you can now lunge into a tackle without the whistle blowing every 5 seconds.

Think of it as premier league refereeing.

That's great.
From the vids I can see that the AI is more humanly aggressive and tends to make wrong risky tackles which is going to be great compared to the static AI in 14.

It's not all about the lump sum. Exclusive multi-year licenses (e.g. EPL, Bundesliga) keep every one out of the game until such agreement expires. That's the whole point of exclusivity.

I didn't mean just licenses, I meant everything, for a year's iteration of a game. You'd probably need 2.5-3 years to develop a game from the ground up. Programmers, artist, the lot. Is 50 Million pounds enough?

That might be why no one has tried. You'd have to sell a million copies at original price on your first iteration to get even. It's a massive expense.

Last edited:
Every PES video makes me really want to play PES. I really really wish I could say the same for these FIFA vids but I can't.

I've enjoyed NG FIFA 14 quite a bit,so I'd be shocked if I don't end up enjoying 15,but gotta say these pre-release fifa vids are doing nothing for me.

Back
Top Bottom