FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Every PES video makes me really want to play PES. I really really wish I could say the same for these FIFA vids but I can't.

I've enjoyed NG FIFA 14 quite a bit,so I'd be shocked if I don't end up enjoying 15,but gotta say these pre-release fifa vids are doing nothing for me.

Irony is I feel the exact opposite. Every PES video I watch is putting me off while some of the Fifa vids interested me.

Like I said before though, playing is a whole different story.

Irony is I feel the exact opposite. Every PES video I watch is putting me off while some of the Fifa vids interested me.

Like I said before though, playing is a whole different story.

Really? Mind sharing what's interesting to you? And what's putting you off with the PES vids?

You're so right though about playing can be a whole different story. There have been years this past generation that I was more intrigued by PES pre-release but once the games were in the wild I've preferred FIFA since 08.

Right now it could just be the case that I've played so much FIFA that PES looks fresh and different, and it's a case of the grass is always greener on the other side.

The only issues I see is that the speed is a bit too high, so the movement is pretty frantic. Also the high through balls seems too accurate. Otherwise it looks pretty good I think. Keepers seems much less scripted, ball control isn't perfect, much better foot planting especially when receiving and turning to pass, ball physics is great and there's even, to me at least, new momentum/inertia animations where players have the weight on the wrong foot. Also players use their stronger foot when dribbling more often then previous games.

In one video there was this scramble in the box where you could sense the uncertainty of the situation which to me was the greatest thing in older PES games.

But I understand the concerns for people on consoles that plays online, it looks really bad. But for us offline players on PC I have high hopes, because we can usually mod a bunch of those concerning issues anyway.

Also the AI on that career video didn't look too bad I think. At least not bad enough for me to start crying.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a video from either game that's particularly impressed me TBH but at the end of the day for Fifa15 on PC I know I'm getting Fifa14 console version + a few visual improvements and mods will fix the rest.

I haven't seen a video from either game that's particularly impressed me TBH but at the end of the day for Fifa15 on PC I know I'm getting Fifa14 console version + a few visual improvements and mods will fix the rest.

probably mods will not able to fix unrealistic player models and abnormal movement animations. These things disturbs me most on fifa.

Really? Mind sharing what's interesting to you? And what's putting you off with the PES vids?

You're so right though about playing can be a whole different story. There have been years this past generation that I was more intrigued by PES pre-release but once the games were in the wild I've preferred FIFA since 08.

Right now it could just be the case that I've played so much FIFA that PES looks fresh and different, and it's a case of the grass is always greener on the other side.

The only issues I see is that the speed is a bit too high, so the movement is pretty frantic. Also the high through balls seems too accurate. Otherwise it looks pretty good I think. Keepers seems much less scripted, ball control isn't perfect, much better foot planting especially when receiving and turning to pass, ball physics is great and there's even, to me at least, new momentum/inertia animations where players have the weight on the wrong foot. Also players use their stronger foot when dribbling more often then previous games.

In one video there was this scramble in the box where you could sense the uncertainty of the situation which to me was the greatest thing in older PES games.

What he said ^

Plus the games look more natural to me than PES. There's definitely less of that skating going on compared to previous Fifa's I've played, which always had put me off before.

Need to play the demos soon.

Hi, I have 2 questions.

Will ball be slow down, when I wil pass? You know, ball physics.....

And seconds, will be passes curve with rotation?

Thank for the answer. :-)

What he said ^

Plus the games look more natural to me than PES. There's definitely less of that skating going on compared to previous Fifa's I've played, which always had put me off before.

Need to play the demos soon.

Agreed. PES looks like the actual technology needs a lot of work. Too much of what I see in those videos is genuinely jarring, rather than things you can just write off as 'well, at least the general idea's there'. Players passing with their stronger foot even though the body's in the wrong position to allow that sort of movement, the sort of things that are why foot planting and use of the stronger/weaker foot matter. FIFA looks generally a lot better at that side of things.

I'll definitely play a lot of both demos before I sign up for anything, given that feel is utterly crucial. But I feel like PES is more likely to need the extra 3 or 4 months to patch itself up to the eyeballs, whereas (provided the demo holds up to scrutiny) FIFA 15 will give me my Falcao & Di Maria fix.

1409576208-media.jpeg

Agreed. PES looks like the actual technology needs a lot of work. Too much of what I see in those videos is genuinely jarring, rather than things you can just write off as 'well, at least the general idea's there'. Players passing with their stronger foot even though the body's in the wrong position to allow that sort of movement, the sort of things that are why foot planting and use of the stronger/weaker foot matter. FIFA looks generally a lot better at that side of things.

I'll definitely play a lot of both demos before I sign up for anything, given that feel is utterly crucial. But I feel like PES is more likely to need the extra 3 or 4 months to patch itself up to the eyeballs, whereas (provided the demo holds up to scrutiny) FIFA 15 will give me my Falcao & Di Maria fix.

Huh, interesting. Like I said, maybe it's the case of the grass is always greener 'cause I don't see much that's particularly jarring in the PES vids. I'm also no-where near as familiar with PES as I am with FIFA, so maybe I'm not as well equipped to pick-up the smaller details.

It also might just be that I more enjoy the pace of play that I see with the PES vids, though it's too looking pretty open; FIFA's back-n-forth however reminds me more of hockey or basketball. Yeah, so much of this is due to the people playing it, but it pisses me off that the game rewards such bullshit play.

whereas (provided the demo holds up to scrutiny) FIFA 15 will give me my Falcao & Di Maria fix.

Pretty sure our strategy this year is to one-up the striker-less formation and go with a cb-less lineup. Fucking Ed Woodward is playing to much Ultimate Team!

Back
Top Bottom