FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

I'm a little confused by this post - everything you've highlighted has been pointed out, in videos no less by myself and others, since the game was released. The defensive AI and positioning is shockingly poor in too many instances. So what's new?

And regarding the second video, why the focus on the animation? My interpretation is it's just another example of poor AI - improper threat analysis and response, one of the biggest issues with the game.

Honestly though, if you're interested so much in realistic football, just play PES, which plays such a great brand of football straight out of the box this year (finally).

What a grand suggestion, mfmax. Play PES - such a simple solution. Why are you in the FIFA forums if you support "just play PES". PES is missing a lot more than just gameplay elements for me, so I choose to play FIFA. I really don't want to, or have to, explain it to you.

Regarding the videos. Where are these videos that illustrated exactly what I'm talking about? Where is the why the defensive line moves back the way they do? Do you know?

It's because the second you pass by the DM, they drop back even further. The immediate "fix" is to increase line height significantly, increase marking - but then you lose the realism because the line height is just too high - and balls over the top become OP.

Why is it new? Because in previous patches, the defensive line height didn't act as obvious as it did now in being this passive the minute the ball goes past the DM. See this video, at the 3:57 mark how it looked with update #1:

YouTube - FIFA 15 Sliders Breakdown - Two Impactful Changes (Gameplay)

See the difference?

Jogging animation - yes it's an animation because it's triggered by the low sprint speed value of 50. This means we have to raise it to lessen the animation. Again, I haven't seen anyone else mention this within the thread, if it did - then I apologize the 147 pages was a bit lengthy for research.

Improper threat analysis is built from marking @ 50 - raise it to 60, combine it with a length discrepancy and width - and you've "positioned" the players to find the threat. Anything below 60 marking and the CPU stops caring. In addition, line height is important because it serves two purposes. Transition in defense and it also prompts the players to step up to intercept the ball.

I haven't seen anyone else within this thread address the why the defensive position acts the way it does. I have seen the common complaint and the comments, but noone analyzed the why - so that's why I made those videos a bit ago, but didn't share here.

Again though. I'm interested in this game, I'm not interested in the other - and if you know me, which you do because we've never agreed on anything, you know I have been a PES supporter longer than most. I've invested countless hours in FIFA 15 - so I'm going to continue until it is where I want it.

The sliders are built in 1-click values, so the possibilities are significant as are the effects. It interest me and interests others on here, and elsewhere - not sure why you are here though if all you're going to do is provide criticism of those that are trying to dig a bit deeper to find solutions.

I'm a little confused by this post - everything you've highlighted has been pointed out, in videos no less by myself and others, since the game was released. The defensive AI and positioning is shockingly poor in too many instances. So what's new?

And regarding the second video, why the focus on the animation? My interpretation is it's just another example of poor AI - improper threat analysis and response, one of the biggest issues with the game.

Honestly though, if you're interested so much in realistic football, just play PES, which plays such a great brand of football straight out of the box this year (finally).

Simply do not post in this thread with something that amounts to PES is better than FIFA.

Thanks for Your work Matt10, have been following on Operation Sports with some interest.

Last edited:
Simply do not post in this thread with something that amounts to PES is better than FIFA.

Thanks for Your work Matt10, have been following on Operation Sports with some interest.

I didn't say it's better. I think an argument could be made that FIFA 15 is the better video game and there's a lot that sucks about PES, but in terms of realistic, balanced football, FIFA is just a bit of a mess this year. And I just don't know why you'd try to fit a round peg into a square hole when there's a quality alternative for once, if realistic football is the priority.

I didn't say it's better. I think an argument could be made that FIFA 15 is the better video game and there's a lot that sucks about PES, but in terms of realistic, balanced football, FIFA is just a bit of a mess this year. And I just don't know why you'd try to fit a round peg into a square hole when there's a quality alternative for once, if realistic football is the priority.

So just a remix of your original 'go and play PES' comment only a bit wordier.

What a grand suggestion, mfmax. Play PES - such a simple solution. Why are you in the FIFA forums if you support "just play PES". PES is missing a lot more than just gameplay elements for me, so I choose to play FIFA. I really don't want to, or have to, explain it to you.

Regarding the videos. Where are these videos that illustrated exactly what I'm talking about? Where is the why the defensive line moves back the way they do? Do you know?

It's because the second you pass by the DM, they drop back even further. The immediate "fix" is to increase line height significantly, increase marking - but then you lose the realism because the line height is just too high - and balls over the top become OP.

Why is it new? Because in previous patches, the defensive line height didn't act as obvious as it did now in being this passive the minute the ball goes past the DM. See this video, at the 3:57 mark how it looked with update #1:

YouTube - FIFA 15 Sliders Breakdown - Two Impactful Changes (Gameplay)

See the difference?

Jogging animation - yes it's an animation because it's triggered by the low sprint speed value of 50. This means we have to raise it to lessen the animation. Again, I haven't seen anyone else mention this within the thread, if it did - then I apologize the 147 pages was a bit lengthy for research.

Improper threat analysis is built from marking @ 50 - raise it to 60, combine it with a length discrepancy and width - and you've "positioned" the players to find the threat. Anything below 60 marking and the CPU stops caring. In addition, line height is important because it serves two purposes. Transition in defense and it also prompts the players to step up to intercept the ball.

I haven't seen anyone else within this thread address the why the defensive position acts the way it does. I have seen the common complaint and the comments, but noone analyzed the why - so that's why I made those videos a bit ago, but didn't share here.

Again though. I'm interested in this game, I'm not interested in the other - and if you know me, which you do because we've never agreed on anything, you know I have been a PES supporter longer than most. I've invested countless hours in FIFA 15 - so I'm going to continue until it is where I want it.

The sliders are built in 1-click values, so the possibilities are significant as are the effects. It interest me and interests others on here, and elsewhere - not sure why you are here though if all you're going to do is provide criticism of those that are trying to dig a bit deeper to find solutions.

I'm here because I'm a huge fan of the franchise. I actually want FIFA to have the better gameplay because it has a far higher ceiling of what the game could be, and I hate that I have to put up with so much of the inferior features, modes, etc in PES.

And I have no idea why you think we never agree on anything. For the most part, I agree with your criticisms of what's wrong with FIFA's gameplay. Where we differ is I don't think FIFA's greatest flaws are fixable with sliders - it just doesn't have the nuts and bolts needed in the core game code. I've spent countless hours tweaking sliders in FIFA since they first came out, recording detailed statistics, played with your sliders sets, Orions, other sets, and I've yet to see a satisfying solution to the the game's biggest issues. Meanwhile many slider adjustments have negative knock-on effects elsewhere. That's not to say that sliders aren't a valuable feature that can improve the experience for many people; but they're tweaks, not true fixes.

It's not criticisms of your efforts - I couldn't care less how you spend your time - it's questioning whether or not you can fit the round peg of FIFA 15 into a square hole of realistic, balanced, intelligent football. Like I've said, I personally don't think it's possible to use superficial tweaks (i.e. sliders) to fix core issues, and I'm surprised that someone so clearly interested in deep, tactically-accurate, realistic and well-balanced football would continue a futile effort when there's a solid alternative available.

Regarding the videos, here's a video I posted within days of release. It shows a flat backline defense retreating immediately upon a quick transition, with no effort made to kill the counter-attack before it can start. (Not too mention the CDM not properly playing the holding position, or the CPU defense - on Legendary - being so easy to bypass in the attacking third with a simple 1-2 pass because TWO defenders just don't track me.)

YouTube - FIFA 15 Soooo much space on counter attack, CBs let striker through on easy 1 2

In regards to the second issue, the only thing that video you posted showed was the CB not aggressively trying to stop the 1-on-1, and didn't show anything to compare with. Defenders/midfielders not participating aggressively enough in defense when the play is past them has been an issue that's been brought up for years, so like I said, that video displayed nothing new and it was hard to understand how sliders could improve the issue since you didn't show an example of the situation in which the defender responded properly.

As I've said many times before, I applaud yours and others efforts to improve the game, and I've gained many enjoyable hours in the past with FIFA due to sliders sets and input from others, but unfortunately I consider this year a futile effort, and ultimately pointless considering the quality of football the other game offers this year.

Last edited:
So just a remix of your original 'go and play PES' comment only a bit wordier.

No, like I said, I think FIFA 15 is probably the better overall game. In fact, it's the game I've bought for two of my young nephews for Christmas, because it's a better fit for them.

If you're a casual player, I'd absolutely recommend FIFA first. If you're interested primarily in online multiplayer, I'd probably go with FIfA, because PES is a lagfest and FIFA's modes are far better. If you're mostly interested in playing with your favorite teams and players, I'd pick FIFA. If a realistic management mode is the top priority, you have to go with FIFA.

But like I said, if you're primarily interested in balance, realism, AI, tactics, depth, and proper football, the clear winner this year is PES. And to be fair, the opposite has been true for almost a decade now, so it's not as if I've got anything against the FIfA franchise. This isn't hate talking; it's disappointment.

Finally given up with this and trading it in for PES. Kinda glad to be back to PES anyway, as it's what brought me here in the first place.

Trouble with FIFA, for all its fancy graphics, presentation, kits, stadia etc is that the football just isn't good enough. Defending is an afterthought, and CPU defenders on your team might as well not be there, they're just so stupid. Going forward can produce some good moments, but all too often it's the same old goals, even on manual.

Always the same playing against any team, no variation in tactics, and as you start to ramp up the difficulty, the CPU doesn't get 'better', they just get quicker, while your players become even more retarded, more heavy legged and your keeper becomes a joke.

I'll be very happy to be away from the 100mph online games, too.

Last edited:
Always the same playing against any team, no variation in tactics, and as you start to ramp up the difficulty, the CPU doesn't get 'better', they just get quicker, while your players become even more retarded, more heavy legged and your keeper becomes a joke.

Gotta disagree.
Been playing the CM for a while now, I´m in the 3rd season and no match feels the same.
I also notice tactical variations by the CPU.
Some teams I play against press it hard and some go more on build up.

Also, when the CPU is leading, often they go on total defense, also vice versa, when I´m leading they go on all out attack.

And the goals they score against me, aren´t the same either.

Playing on professional with default sliders.
I noticed that jogging animation quite often but It never bugged me that much, that I had to adjust the sliders.

To me, FIFA this year adds enough realism, at least the way I play it.
I can slow down, building up, trying to find gaps, but I also can speed up with fast counters when I get the opportunity.

I don´t say that this isn´t possible with PES, but I read quite often FIFA 15 being a goal- and sprintfest and that´s just not true imo.
I also never tried to run through the defense right after the kick-off.
Why should I anyway? I wanna play proper football and that is definitely possible with FIFA 15.

We got two good footy games this year where each lacks of, but also shines with something, so it´s good to have a choice.

I'm here because I'm a huge fan of the franchise. I actually want FIFA to have the better gameplay because it has a far higher ceiling of what the game could be, and I hate that I have to put up with so much of the inferior features, modes, etc in PES.

And I have no idea why you think we never agree on anything. For the most part, I agree with your criticisms of what's wrong with FIFA's gameplay. Where we differ is I don't think FIFA's greatest flaws are fixable with sliders - it just doesn't have the nuts and bolts needed in the core game code. I've spent countless hours tweaking sliders in FIFA since they first came out, recording detailed statistics, played with your sliders sets, Orions, other sets, and I've yet to see a satisfying solution to the the game's biggest issues. Meanwhile many slider adjustments have negative knock-on effects elsewhere. That's not to say that sliders aren't a valuable feature that can improve the experience for many people; but they're tweaks, not true fixes.

It's not criticisms of your efforts - I couldn't care less how you spend your time - it's questioning whether or not you can fit the round peg of FIFA 15 into a square hole of realistic, balanced, intelligent football. Like I've said, I personally don't think it's possible to use superficial tweaks (i.e. sliders) to fix core issues, and I'm surprised that someone so clearly interested in deep, tactically-accurate, realistic and well-balanced football would continue a futile effort when there's a solid alternative available.

Regarding the videos, here's a video I posted within days of release. It shows a flat backline defense retreating immediately upon a quick transition, with no effort made to kill the counter-attack before it can start. (Not too mention the CDM not properly playing the holding position, or the CPU defense - on Legendary - being so easy to bypass in the attacking third with a simple 1-2 pass because TWO defenders just don't track me.)

YouTube - FIFA 15 Soooo much space on counter attack, CBs let striker through on easy 1 2

In regards to the second issue, the only thing that video you posted showed was the CB not aggressively trying to stop the 1-on-1, and didn't show anything to compare with. Defenders/midfielders not participating aggressively enough in defense when the play is past them has been an issue that's been brought up for years, so like I said, that video displayed nothing new and it was hard to understand how sliders could improve the issue since you didn't show an example of the situation in which the defender responded properly.

As I've said many times before, I applaud yours and others efforts to improve the game, and I've gained many enjoyable hours in the past with FIFA due to sliders sets and input from others, but unfortunately I consider this year a futile effort, and ultimately pointless considering the quality of football the other game offers this year.

We do disagree initially - but find ourselves agreeing to disagree, which is fine. I just have concerns when individuals speak so matter of fact on sliders. It shows me that they haven't tested enough, haven't asked the right questions and aren't willing to put in the time to do so. That's fine, I enjoy problem solving and figuring out where the triggers are - so I don't accept incorrect answers, nor do I support those that want to make statements that are false. Not saying you have, but some are misguided due to not enough time spent and not asking the right questions - one would call this assuming.

Fwiw, I don't need to look at PES, it doesn't have it for me. I hated the PES14 models and engine and PES15 is just the same. I uninstalled it and won't return to it. You know me, so you know I gave it a good effort - but this year's just wasn't worth my time. In addition, your suggestion of simply going to that game, while I know not your intention, appears belittling mine and countless others' efforts to get this FIFA 15 game working right.

Here's a video of when I first got the game, edited sliders - played on Legendary - and enjoyed the crap out of it. Sliders made this game, at the time, simply awesome. There is hardly anything in this video that looks so wrong. Yes, there are quirks, and yes there are some small issues - but for all the things people say FIFA doesn't do - it's proven that it's possible in this video. If it's possible then, it's possible again - and that's what I hold on to. I don't just sit there with my thoughts though, I write them down and I execute a plan to test. I don't test by myself either, I have a community test - and then I go live on Twitch to test. So all the faults can be seen, all the bugs can be seen, and slowly - one by one - I can dismiss statements of "kick off glitch" or "CPU never passes back" or "No CPU build up", all supported with video evidence.

Skip to 6min mark for gameplay
YouTube - FIFA 15 Sliders Breakdown - Gameplay + Slider Update (Version 5)

It's almost EA's M.O. with updates though, heck even games - look at NCAA Football 13, search "DB Glitch". I start to see a glaring issue, and then the next update makes it tens times worse. The defensive line issue was slight, but increase line height (pre-update) and marking - you're golden - but this most recent update has made the Defensive Line, and it's players, a complete separate entity from reacting to what is in front of them.

Your video proved the issue of what was to come in later patches. The DM gets passed, the defensive line drops back. The only issue is now the DM gets passed, and you're 1 v 4 - they still drop back. In your video, if you hadn't had an accompanying striker with your player who was ahead making a run - the defensive line would have stood their ground and backed off less.

The videos I posted with the Defensive Line and Jogging Animation were before we found a fix for one of them - and that was the jogging animation. It had nothing to do with the players not being eager to get to the ball. It had everything to do with a mix of the Sprint Speed value and the Marking Value. Simply changed Sprint from 50 to 52 and marking from 50 to 60 - and the Jogging animation all but removed itself in that scenario. Note - that before this most recent update, the Jogging Animation was not as evident on 50 Sprint Speed. It sure was when you got down below 50, 40 and 30 of course as you saw in the video above.

You may test sliders for yourself, but you have to think more outside of the box.

Next time you do get into sliders and want to keep an open mind - ask the right questions when something looks off.

Why does this animation occur? What triggers it?

What slider value(s) can I test to lessen this animation from happening again?

What is the highest value to absolutely remove this animation, what is the lowest?

If this chosen value doesn't seem to have an effect, what is another value I can look at?

It's a combination of thinking outside the box, never settling, and accepting that it's going to take time. Sliders that appear to not work for some is because some (most) give up too quickly and then speak so matter of fact. I'd ask that people ask themselves the questions I've posted everytime an issue shows up before making such statements. A good example is for the jogging animation, it took me about 10 minutes to figure out what was wrong with it, and how to lessen it. The defensive line issues is still ongoing, and I've logged about 30 hours trying to fix it.

Last edited:
If you really think that the AI issues and unrealistic behavioral aspects of the game can be somehow upgraded through sliders that have zero connection to the intelligence of the game, then there's really no where to go with this.

I've played with all your slider sets and I follow the efforts over at Operationsports, and while some issues are improved upon through round-about ways that don't actually address the true, root causes, sliders don't actually upgrade the areas of the game that need it to provide a deeper, more intelligent, satisfying experience.

Good for you for molding FIFA into something you can enjoy. Unfortunately for me it still feels like a flawed and poor simulation of the real thing, and as far as I'm concerned the power to sufficiently fix FIFA 15's glaring issues and upgrade the gameplay in its lagging areas properly is only with the developers.

FIFA 15 is a game focused on animations and visuals, not intelligence and fundamentals. You can't input the latter through adjusted sliders when it's not hardcoded into the game. After a year in which visuals clearly took precedence, hopefully this year EA will return to basics.

Last edited:
If you really think that the AI issues and unrealistic behavioral aspects of the game can be somehow upgraded through sliders that have zero connection to the intelligence of the game, then there's really no where to go with this.

I've played with all your slider sets and I follow the efforts over at Operationsports, and while some issues are improved upon through round-about ways that don't actually address the true, root causes, sliders don't actually upgrade the areas of the game that need it to provide a deeper, more intelligent, satisfying experience.

Good for you for molding FIFA into something you can enjoy. Unfortunately for me it still feels like a flawed and poor simulation of the real thing, and as far as I'm concerned the power to sufficiently fix FIFA 15's glaring issues and upgrade the gameplay in its lagging areas properly is only with the developers.

FIFA 15 is a game focused on animations and visuals, not intelligence and fundamentals. You can't input the latter through adjusted sliders when it's not hardcoded into the game. After a year in which visuals clearly took precedence, hopefully this year EA will return to basics.

Sliders, all sliders,in all EA games, are meant for a roundabout of what is hard-coded in the game - if your'e in this conversation, then that should be a given. Other than a complete stats engine overhaul, there isn't much else to go off of, other than take your advice and play the other game, right?

With that said, of course the game is focused on animations - that is the end product of what is under the hood. You are right about the fundamentals, but you're wrong in thinking that it needs the code, and only the code, to fix the issues the game has in the fundamentals. I've already shown the video that combat the glaring issues with the game.

The most current update has hurt more than it has helped, and it's probably because too many people thought there were issues with the game out of the box. EA listens to the misguided negativity - and ends up putting in some hard code that completely screws up the game - even more. So now sliders can't even fix the defensive line drop back - adding on to more issues with its ADD.

In all honesty, you probably should not have commented at all. You didn't help any, and I'd suggest the next time you do feel that urge to contribute, ask yourself if what you're going to say is helping or hurting the progression of the thread. EA can take the negativity only so far, but it's the guys that are constructive, and supporting, that get heard. If you really do care about the franchise as a fan - then you would be in better light to do so.

FWIW, there are countless others that are learning about the game now, and especially sliders, and realizing that they want more realistic play. Yet, they aren't just stopping there, they are encouraged to find out the "why" and the "what if" - which already puts them a step up than the individuals who give up and say play the other game. It is thinking outside the box, and as a result, it will make EA expand theirs.

This is pointless, as we simply disagree. You think sliders fix the issues with the game, and your videos prove it. I've played with your sliders, and other sets, and I still see too much wrong with the core of the game. We simply have different standards, expectations, and preferences.

And please, it's not up to you to determine what type of comments and discussion should occur. And I have no idea what "the progression of this thread" is suppose to mean. I've supported and defended this game and franchise for years, which I will continue to do so when it's warranted, and conversely I'll point out the game's weaknesses. I think it's pretty clear that this is a place of open discussion and debate. Sorry but I'm not sorry that I disagree with your opinions.

Regards to sliders, it's not about being negative to what they can achieve. We just have different interpretations to what degree and types of influences they have. You see them as actual fixes, and I do not. I see them as slight tweaks that cater to preferences and ability levels at best, and at worst as bandaid solutions that often cause negative byproducts elsewhere in gameplay. As I've said before, sliders are a great feature to have, but to consider them to be fixes implies the game's issues are far, far more superficial than they really are.

Sliders, all sliders,in all EA games, are meant for a roundabout of what is hard-coded in the game - if your'e in this conversation, then that should be a given. Other than a complete stats engine overhaul, there isn't much else to go off of, other than take your advice and play the other game, right?

With that said, of course the game is focused on animations - that is the end product of what is under the hood. You are right about the fundamentals, but you're wrong in thinking that it needs the code, and only the code, to fix the issues the game has in the fundamentals. I've already shown the video that combat the glaring issues with the game.

The most current update has hurt more than it has helped, and it's probably because too many people thought there were issues with the game out of the box. EA listens to the misguided negativity - and ends up putting in some hard code that completely screws up the game - even more. So now sliders can't even fix the defensive line drop back - adding on to more issues with its ADD.

In all honesty, you probably should not have commented at all. You didn't help any, and I'd suggest the next time you do feel that urge to contribute, ask yourself if what you're going to say is helping or hurting the progression of the thread. EA can take the negativity only so far, but it's the guys that are constructive, and supporting, that get heard. If you really do care about the franchise as a fan - then you would be in better light to do so.

FWIW, there are countless others that are learning about the game now, and especially sliders, and realizing that they want more realistic play. Yet, they aren't just stopping there, they are encouraged to find out the "why" and the "what if" - which already puts them a step up than the individuals who give up and say play the other game. It is thinking outside the box, and as a result, it will make EA expand theirs.

There are few posters on this forum, or anywhere on the internet, that have spent as much time constructively criticising FIFA as the individual you're talking down to.

I'm happy to see that some people are able to get a lot more out of FIFA with the wealth of options at their disposal, but in general I feel you end up trivialising the size of FIFA's fundamental problems when you focus on fiddling with sliders.

Funnily enough I once did believe sliders would be a great thing for FIFA, thinking that it would give us the customisability to make a realistic football simulation even if EA's default gameplay continued to frustrate. Now I'm rather of the mind that the vast range of options - sliders, gamespeed, and assistance - actually allow EA to get away with producing laughably imbalanced games year after year.

The sad truth is that even if sliders could get close to fixing FIFA's gameplay problems, it would mean nothing to those who play online. One might hope that someone improving FIFA via sliders would make a meaningful difference to the next game in the franchise, but I see little evidence of this. EA seem to be catering to casual gamers more now than they were just a few years ago. Though there are plenty of improvements to be seen in both FIFA 14 and FIFA 15, I'd rate both lower than their respective predecessors in terms of how it all comes together.

If I had to guess, when EA see what people like you are doing, they're not saying "Oh, wow, we should look into making the game more like that by default", they're saying "It's good we put in sliders to placate the hardcore". That's why, despite using sliders when I play offline, and despite using manual whenever I play, I would be enormously excited if EA announced they were scrapping sliders and controller options - because it would force them to focus more on what their default game is like.

Sorry, we'll just agree to disagree, guys. You want to play a game that didn't have sliders in it, play the disgrace that was PES 14. I'd rather we have the option to improve the game with sliders, than not at all, and be forced to wait for a patch update, after patch update, hoping they might've fixed the goalkeepers or the idiotic defensive line following attackers deep into the box.

You can choose to do something about the game, or you can't. You can go for the approach of Me vs EA or you can just work with what you have. That's what sliders are. I never said they fix all the core issues - they lessen the effect of them. Myself and a couple thousand others enjoy it, and we're grateful that EA keep sliders in their games. Considering the lack of focus on fundamentals, I'm not sure we'd want to force their hand to branch into an area like realistic game play, without a safety net (sliders).

Sorry, we'll just agree to disagree, guys. You want to play a game that didn't have sliders in it, play the disgrace that was PES 14. I'd rather we have the option to improve the game with sliders, than not at all, and be forced to wait for a patch update, after patch update, hoping they might've fixed the goalkeepers or the idiotic defensive line following attackers deep into the box.

You can choose to do something about the game, or you can't. You can go for the approach of Me vs EA or you can just work with what you have. That's what sliders are. I never said they fix all the core issues - they lessen the effect of them. Myself and a couple thousand others enjoy it, and we're grateful that EA keep sliders in their games. Considering the lack of focus on fundamentals, I'm not sure we'd want to force their hand to branch into an area like realistic game play, without a safety net (sliders).

I actually play a game without sliders in it every time I play FIFA online - it's one of the most frustrating games I've ever come across. I obviously have no issue with you using the sliders to make the game more enjoyable for yourself - but I maintain that I'd prefer to see EA focus on trying to make one great game, than continue to make a casual oriented game by default with a million and one variants that vary between severely flawed to completely broken.

There is nothing wrong with sliders - but in the long run I don't think they're going to get us where we need to get or want to go. I feel we should encourage EA to focus on the base game and make sure it's a well balanced football simulation above all. FIFA has had option after option added to it through the last gen and into this one, but for far too many options, every value has serious issues. Off the top of my head we have nine different ways of setting up our player switching - yet none of them work especially well. I'm not against choice, but I am against EA offering 10 bad choices when they could offer 1 good one.

I personally believe that FIFA's control settings are a mess and I have believed this very strongly for well over five years. I strongly believe that EA have failed to improve assisted because they know that many purist gamers will switch over to manual, despite that option also having dire issues. In fact, I strongly believe that EA would have worked on assisted by now if it wasn't for semi and manual existing.

In any case: Merry Christmas (to you and to all)

Last edited:
I actually play a game without sliders in it every time I play FIFA online - it's one of the most frustrating games I've ever come across. I obviously have no issue with you using the sliders to make the game more enjoyable for yourself - but I maintain that I'd prefer to see EA focus on trying to make one great game, than continue to make a casual oriented game by default with a million and one variants that vary between severely flawed to completely broken.

There is nothing wrong with sliders - but in the long run I don't think they're going to get us where we need to get or want to go. I feel we should encourage EA to focus on the base game and make sure it's a well balanced football simulation above all. FIFA has had option after option added to it through the last gen and into this one, but for far too many options, every value has serious issues. Off the top of my head we have nine different ways of setting up our player switching - yet none of them work especially well. I'm not against choice, but I am against EA offering 10 bad choices when they could offer 1 good one.

I personally believe that FIFA's control settings are a mess and I have believed this very strongly for well over five years. I strongly believe that EA have failed to improve assisted because they know that many purist gamers will switch over to manual, despite that option also having dire issues. In fact, I strongly believe that EA would have worked on assisted by now if it wasn't for semi and manual existing.

In any case: Merry Christmas (to you and to all)

I agree completely with you in regards to what needs to be fixed. The thing is I was thinking about how best to put it, and what I came up with is this:

Criticizing EA (constructively or not) - does no good to the game right now. Meaning the one that is in my hands named FIFA 15.

The difference between what criticizing EA and accepting is the use of sliders. Criticizing EA is like just creating a wish list, versus sliders is working with what you got - after all you spent your hard earned cash on it - no point in creating a wish list if the goal is to fix/improve the game in your hands right now.

Fwiw, I spoke a while back to someone who has provided his thoughts with the dev team. The balance of finding agreement between casual and hardcore gamers is a tough one apparently. I half hearted accept this - but I do understand where it would come from. I can't imagine a casual gamer trying to play the FIFA game that I play now with sliders and expect to come away with a result using their previous methods of kick of glitches, etc. There is no kick off glitch with these sliders - it's gone, honestly, I have tried. The sliders are like playing a user who is playing full manual - that's how much fun it is.

I understand EA and their sliders is a cop out - I mean, I more than accept that. The thing is - people underestimate the value of them. What is also underestimated is just how much knowledge you gain by learning the intelligence/engine of FIFA 15 by working on sliders. I can answer any question now because of the time I have spent on sliders. I can do it for FIFA 14 as well. Anyone can do the same thing if they're willing to put in the time because they see enough value to play this FIFA 15 game - not FIFA 16 or FIFA 17 - just this game, that is in my hands, that I paid for.

I have to accept that there are those that will always look for the future of the series and dismiss what is in their hands, right now (unless you've sold it already), but if there are possibilities of core issues being fixed, or the negative effects lessened, then that is where the focus should be. That is where the inspiration comes from - and that is what the devs listen to, the how, the why and the what if - not for next year's game, or after, this year's game - and only this year's.

I never had issues with the control scheme, but then again I play all manual except for short passing @ semi and gk @ assisted. I know guys had complaints in the past about player switching etc, who would have thought a simple increase in Sprint and Acc would fix these issues.

With that said, I wanted to show a clip of what more sliders can do even after this update, and even if there is still that defensive line issue. It is miles away from how default looks. Yes, it masks some glaring fundamental issues - but you'll still enjoy the crap out of your games. Sliders increase or decrease percentages of what the hardcode gameplay produces - that's all - you pick your battles with the game in hand, it will only help what's in it for the future.

YouTube - FIFA 15 Sliders - Operation Sports Community Sliders - Gameplay Only

Merry Christmas!!

So after reading a post on here, I went and bought pro 2015.

Before I start this post, once again, I have no allegiance to any game or company and these are just opinions like any other poster.

Like I have said before, FIFA 15 main problem is the acceleration and speed of being able to turn a player i.e cut inside or basically dash past. Once you eliminate this, and you can by playing with the acceleration and sprint speed setting, I honestly feel no other football can touch this.

I played pro. First game. Superstar setting. Barca vs Man city. I won 3-1. There was so much space, and balls over the top are so effective too (by the way I am comparing this to edited Fifa, and not vanilla Fifa which also suffers from too much space and over the top ball syndrome). There was one foul on me in the first three games of pro and every goal they scored came from a through ball which split open my defence.

The game for me just didn't feel next gen at all, maybe I am missing something. Anyways, I have edited Fifa by setting sprint speed to 0 and acceleration between 45-47. The reason its between these two numbers is because any lower and your defenders cannot keep up with the CPU at all and any higher it just feels like normal again which was the problem in the first place.

Honestly have now fallen in love with Fifa again as slowing it down now completely changes the gameplay. SO much midfield play is now involved. The days of giving it to the fastest striker and watch him blitz it are gone. I'll give you a contrast. Fifa with no editing, CPU team on the attack, formation has set 3 players to stay up forward. Defence gets the ball and plays it up to the strikers. From then I was able to run 40-45 yards with a faster player and the dash function. With edited Fifa, striker will get the ball, he will be able to gain some space by accelerating but will be caught up after 10 yards or so. Therefore you have to play the ball back, hold it up etc.

I give you massive credit Matt 10 for doing what you do and I urge all fifa players who have become sick of the pace and acceleration, to slow it down and enjoy. :))

I played pro. First game. Superstar setting. Barca vs Man city. I won 3-1. There was so much space, and balls over the top are so effective too (by the way I am comparing this to edited Fifa, and not vanilla Fifa which also suffers from too much space and over the top ball syndrome). There was one foul on me in the first three games of pro and every goal they scored came from a through ball which split open my defence.

The game for me just didn't feel next gen at all, maybe I am missing something.

I play both games on the highest difficulty and I find them to be fairly comparable, though PES's difficulty spikes are greater and more impactful.

PES's difficulty settings are strange. Exhibition on any setting can be crazy easy. But play other modes, and you'll come across some extremely difficulty matches in which space is limited and the slightest mistake will be punished. It can be actually very frustrating - I regularly play PES's CL mode on Superstar and I'll breeze through the group stages but then once the knock-out rounds come, it's like a totally different game.

I definitely wouldn't make a judgement based off exhibition matches, and certainly not just one - both games have their share of difficulty spikes that make comparing a single match experience pointless. Just like FIFA's experience can be dramatically different from CM to exhibition games, it's the same within PES, though I think FIFA handles its spikes better.

But you're absolutely right - PES doesn't feel next get at all. In comparison to FIFA, it's pretty embarrassing. Still, aside from a couple issues, for me its football is pretty awesome. I've found a slider set that makes FIFA tolerable, if not enjoyable, but it just doesn't satisfy like PES does this year.If EA puts enough effort into its AI, I could see myself being back on the FIFA bandwagon next year though.

I will definitely go back maybe after a few months to Pro seeing as we have maybe 11 months left till the new set of games.

Mate do me a favour, I know this sounds too simplistic but just try this setting..

7 min matches....legendary....set your sprint speed to 0, and acceleration to 47. Slow mode. Only change your settings, not CPU.

I might be crazy, but I honestly love the way this game plays on that. Its definitely a challenge. Fast players are not over powered and defending is much harder seeing as the CPU is faster.

You're probably going to play a 5 at the back formation. These settings are not in detail like Matt 10, but I didn't want to mess around with so much because I just can't see what else is broken in Fifa this year. They added weight, inertia, momentum to the players...this was the most thing that was lacking. Its only the speed that kills it.

Anyways try one game with that setting mate, if you think it makes it crap or not a difference, then fair play. In the end its horses for courses.

By the way of you want some method to my madness for why I chose those particular settings....the sprint speed to me has literally no effect. When I turned it down to 0 but kept everything up, I was still able to breeze through teams with Ronaldo and bale and sturridge etc...fast players....moment you turn down the acceleration, that's where you cannot blitz anymore. So I played a game...Real Madrid vs Accrington lol. On Acceleration 46 my defenders couldn't deal with there strikers. Unrealistic. On 47, I could, they couldn't score. With a better team of course it will be much more challenging, but that's definitely what I am looking for.

I think one more career mode sesh with these settings then definitely dedicate time to pro. You're right, cant judge a game by only 5-6 games, maybe I was to rash to dismiss it.

Last edited:
oh and one more thing, is there really a difference to the difficulty in playing an exhibition to a CM mode?...I didn't think the games were advanced that enough in tech to do that. Must keep an eye out.

oh and one more thing, is there really a difference to the difficulty in playing an exhibition to a CM mode?...I didn't think the games were advanced that enough in tech to do that. Must keep an eye out.

Both games have features that don't affect exhibition matches but do influence gameplay in the various modes.

In FIFA, form, morale, home/away, team talks... all these influence the difficulty/gameplay. Also I think the PC guys have found stat-boosting modifiers in the code that have a random impact on each CM match.

In PES, go up against a team with its players on yellow or red arrows deep into the CL knockout rounds and the difficulty can feel near-impossible at times.

The latest OS community sliders by Matt and Orion are good, unfortunately no slider can stop teams from trying to walk the ball into the net, its too late for 15 I hope EA can sort this in 16.

I agree completely with you in regards to what needs to be fixed. The thing is I was thinking about how best to put it, and what I came up with is this:

Criticizing EA (constructively or not) - does no good to the game right now. Meaning the one that is in my hands named FIFA 15.

The difference between what criticizing EA and accepting is the use of sliders. Criticizing EA is like just creating a wish list, versus sliders is working with what you got - after all you spent your hard earned cash on it - no point in creating a wish list if the goal is to fix/improve the game in your hands right now.

Fwiw, I spoke a while back to someone who has provided his thoughts with the dev team. The balance of finding agreement between casual and hardcore gamers is a tough one apparently. I half hearted accept this - but I do understand where it would come from. I can't imagine a casual gamer trying to play the FIFA game that I play now with sliders and expect to come away with a result using their previous methods of kick of glitches, etc. There is no kick off glitch with these sliders - it's gone, honestly, I have tried. The sliders are like playing a user who is playing full manual - that's how much fun it is.

I understand EA and their sliders is a cop out - I mean, I more than accept that. The thing is - people underestimate the value of them. What is also underestimated is just how much knowledge you gain by learning the intelligence/engine of FIFA 15 by working on sliders. I can answer any question now because of the time I have spent on sliders. I can do it for FIFA 14 as well. Anyone can do the same thing if they're willing to put in the time because they see enough value to play this FIFA 15 game - not FIFA 16 or FIFA 17 - just this game, that is in my hands, that I paid for.

I have to accept that there are those that will always look for the future of the series and dismiss what is in their hands, right now (unless you've sold it already), but if there are possibilities of core issues being fixed, or the negative effects lessened, then that is where the focus should be. That is where the inspiration comes from - and that is what the devs listen to, the how, the why and the what if - not for next year's game, or after, this year's game - and only this year's.

I never had issues with the control scheme, but then again I play all manual except for short passing @ semi and gk @ assisted. I know guys had complaints in the past about player switching etc, who would have thought a simple increase in Sprint and Acc would fix these issues.

With that said, I wanted to show a clip of what more sliders can do even after this update, and even if there is still that defensive line issue. It is miles away from how default looks. Yes, it masks some glaring fundamental issues - but you'll still enjoy the crap out of your games. Sliders increase or decrease percentages of what the hardcode gameplay produces - that's all - you pick your battles with the game in hand, it will only help what's in it for the future.

YouTube - FIFA 15 Sliders - Operation Sports Community Sliders - Gameplay Only

Merry Christmas!!

First of all, thx a lot for your effort!!!
You sacrificed a lot of time gaining knowledge about those slider effects and sharing it with us!
That´s great.

Tbh,I never felt the need of adjusting sliders as I kept enjoying it the way it is (offline CM, professional, moddingway).

But this vid makes me wanna try them out!

Loving how it looks.

I am playing cm as valencia and when I'm taking a corner, one CB (otamendi) always stays behind defending instead of going forward. Is there a way to change this?

I think you can click on the player in squad menu and command player to go forward. Or you can R stick on him and manually move him up.

I am playing cm as valencia and when I'm taking a corner, one CB (otamendi) always stays behind defending instead of going forward. Is there a way to change this?

There´s a setting in tactics menu were you choose some players to go up in set pieces I believe?

Oh God, that still happens? Well this was an issue on the last game, what I did was delete all the squad files, restart the game and let it update themselves again and that worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom