FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

I haven´t played online for a while now.
I keep on playing the CM with default sliders on professional and still enjoy it a lot and that´s from someone who used to play PES every year.

I chose TSV 1860 Munich 2nd Division team with low finances with an average overall stats of each player between 65 - 70.
Since I´m in the 1st division and the Euro League group phase (only 2 games to go which I HAVE to win not to get kicked out), I feel how struggling it is to create chances but also so much rewarding when they are successful.

As I accepted the offer to manage the national team of Belgium I get to get them through the world cup qualifications.
As there are a lot of 80+ players, it feels a lot different playing with them and quite easier too, as the players show their abilities.

So it seems to be a lot different what teams you play with to get an overall impression.
Of course when I play with my friends, I mostly chose stronger teams like Bayern Munich, Real Madrid etc but even then I can enjoy that game.

EDIT:
And in single player, every CPU team plays like Barcelona, skating around my penalty area, keeping 90% posession.

Doesn´t feel like that to me at all!
Every match feels different and I have the impression that every team plays different tactics, also dependent on the scoreline.

But each to their own ;)

Last edited:
Sliders, sliders, sliders!

Does it help the game become slow and realistic ONLINE? No it doesn't.

And in single player, every CPU team plays like Barcelona, skating around my penalty area, keeping 90% posession.

I buy the game every year for my son, so don't label me with "Twitter Generation", I don't even use social networking - too old for that nonsense!

My personal opinion is that FIFA 15 is a mess, offline and ONLINE. I've posted my opinion and won't say anything more on the matter, it's just a game at the end of the day, the world will keep on turning despite how poor FIFA 15 is! :D

But you can label people with the 'work for EA' tag just because they have a different opinion. Double standards.

I say different opinion but I don't like the default game myself. It's 100 mph pingpong rubbish. I play on manual. I don't use 5 star teams all the time when playing online. It's a slower game which I prefer. I just play the game the way I prefer and have no issue with the defending. I honestly do not see why other people get so offended with me saying that? I enjoy the game the way I play it and I also don't nit pick every single little detail of it. I've learned to let little things go over my head.

I'm also too old for all the crap. If you are, then I wouldn't expect stupid comments like the work for EA one. I'd expect that from a kid.

I enjoy the game for what it is. I play decent enough footy while playing it. Anybody who has played against me can vouch for that so give the childish comments a rest just because I said I don't have an issue with some things you do. Over the last few weeks I've said I'm fine with the defending and that makes me an EA employee. Ridiculous, pathetic comment if truth be told.

Last edited:
Are used keys actually able being sold?

Cause I wanna do the same with my PES 2015 key :P

Seen that enquiry a few times , this apparently is the situation.

If you buy a second hand key, it won't work unless you buy the whole Steam account. After a game key has been activated from an account on Steam, it is permanently tied to it. That means you can't buy and activate a key which has already been activated on another account.

Yep, thx, googled it up and it´s true and the same thing goes with an origin account.

If you can sell keys on g2a.com, I´d be careful buying keys on that site.

FIFA 15 is horrible, both on next gen and old gen. I bought it for my son and I pop upstairs to give him a game every now and then and if EA think this represents the beautiful game then they need their heads testing.

I really enjoyed FIFA 14 but this is awful. Defending is a joke, game is super fast - I dont want to offend anyone but this feels and plays like a child's version of cartoon football.

Maybe its because I play a lot of PES 2015 now, which is slower and far more realistic. But FIFA seems to take 2 steps forward and then 3 back.

Online its a mess. Games end with silly scorelines, like the old days. I played a kid the other night, he chose Real Madrid (boring) and I was Atletico. Score ended up 9-5 to me. Yep, NINE - FIVE.

Beneath the polish, amazing presentation and tonnes of stadiums there's such a hollow, shallow, childish arcade fest of a game here. And don't get me started on 'sliders'. I shouldnt have to tinker with them to make the game playable - and when you play with sliders, you fix one issue but break another.

Awful, awful, awful game and it shocks me how many Ultimate Team Zombies get sold by EA's Marketing Machine every year.

My son loves it. Although he is 8 years old.

Pretty much the perfect summary of FIFA 15. After playing 14 for almost an entire year, I can't believe how disappointing 15 is.

Went online yesterday for a few matches and the average goals per game was ~10. No skill involved. Played a few manual matches and goals per game ~8 with again little skill needed to create chances, despite very few decent passing movements due to manual issues.

Offline, sorry folks but sliders don't fix this game's most glaring issues, unless you've magically uncovered new sliders that dictate AI elements.

And good god, after playing PES (or just watching live games on TV) I have no idea how EA thought these new player models were a realistic representation of athletes.

Take PES and FIFA, mash them together and you'd have an awesome game of football. Each on their own is very difficult to find lasting satisfaction.

I buy the game every year for my son, so don't label me with "Twitter Generation"

I've posted my opinion and won't say anything more on the matter
You're doing much more than posting your opinion. You've been here one day and found it necessary to spam the FIFA 15 forum with posts stating that FIFA 15 is horrible, a mess, a pile of crap, awful awful awful, hollow shallow childish, silly, boring, cartoon football, fun for 8-year olds, and that adults need their heads tested if they think it's representative of real football.

Oh, and you accused someone of being an EA rep because they happened to opinionate themselves about enjoying FIFA 15.

All this for a game you hate. Why are you even here?

Anyway, that's what young people do, the Twitter-generation etc. Everything's shit to them and they just LOVE complaining about it. So yeah, my comment to you stands.

Pretty much the perfect summary of FIFA 15. After playing 14 for almost an entire year, I can't believe how disappointing 15 is.

Went online yesterday for a few matches and the average goals per game was ~10. No skill involved. Played a few manual matches and goals per game ~8 with again little skill needed to create chances, despite very few decent passing movements due to manual issues.

Offline, sorry folks but sliders don't fix this game's most glaring issues, unless you've magically uncovered new sliders that dictate AI elements.

And good god, after playing PES (or just watching live games on TV) I have no idea how EA thought these new player models were a realistic representation of athletes.

Take PES and FIFA, mash them together and you'd have an awesome game of football. Each on their own is very difficult to find lasting satisfaction.

8 goals per game with manual settings? Now and then I suppose it could happen (never has for me as 4 is prob the max I've ever been involved in) but per game? Honestly? Find that very hard to believe.

This isn't a stick up for FIFA comment before some other clown comes along and says that. It's an honest question as 8 goals per game has never been my experience while playing manual. Default settings it's a fair comment as the game is crap and goals galore.

If I wanted to play FIFA online with two friends, all on the same team, what options do I have?

Co-Op Seasons is locked to two players per team, right?

Would the only way be to go into Be A Pro (or whatever it's called online)? In which case, could you have a team of three "anys"?

I think Fray Bentos is a well known Evo Web WUM that comes back in different guises every now and again, if you want to waste your life away keep replying to him :PP

If I wanted to play FIFA online with two friends, all on the same team, what options do I have?

Co-Op Seasons is locked to two players per team, right?

Would the only way be to go into Be A Pro (or whatever it's called online)? In which case, could you have a team of three "anys"?

Pro Clubs but it's been locked to only one Any the last few years. Played it years ago when 3 of us went Any and it was a right mess.

8 goals per game with manual settings? Now and then I suppose it could happen (never has for me as 4 is prob the max I've ever been involved in) but per game? Honestly? Find that very hard to believe.

This isn't a stick up for FIFA comment before some other clown comes along and says that. It's an honest question as 8 goals per game has never been my experience while playing manual. Default settings it's a fair comment as the game is crap and goals galore.

Don't know what to say. Guys are wide open. Short passing game is higher risk less reward than just long passes to forwards, who then easily create chances because either they're wide open because the defensive AI is shit, defenders are just darn clumsy, or they can easily create a chance because the defensive mechanics are underpowered relative to the dribbling system.

I pretty much only play as Borussia Dortmund and hitting long diagonal passes to Reus is ridiculously easy. Then if he's not already one-on-one for a shot, it's cake beating defenders.

Meanwhile, so many games are against Madrid or Barca, and while you more frequently come up against opponents interested in playing realistic football in manual matches, the majority still are spamming exploits. Defending against constant long passes to Bale, Ronaldo, Suarez, etc. sucks ass and gets dull quick.

Games are pretty good when people are interested in playing football; they're terrible when opponents are interested in just winning. Unfortunately, the latter mentality is pretty much all I see, no matter the match settings.

It's a shame because if it weren't for a few glaring exploits, AI weaknesses and imbalances, I'd probably really enjoy both single and multi-player.

But I should also say that I've had plenty of low scoring manual matches online as well. These high scoring ones were just from that day.

The problem however is that these high scoring matches - which people are experiencing no matter the match settings or the mode - shouldn't be possible and indicate major flaws.

(Most of the low scoring matches in manual typically are just as unrealistic though, with neither player able to string together decent passing moves despite playing with elite teams. If you're any good or in a good groove, it's really, really, really easy this year to create chances and goals, no matter the mode or settings.)

Last edited:
You and your "manual settings". 90% of people play the game the normal way. I haven't got the time to sit there trying to master a pass from my centre back to my right back, only for it to go out of play every time. It's not realistic. We play with pro footballers, not Sunday League's best.

FIFA fan boys who always shout "But but but MANUAL" from the rooftops just use this as an excuse to paper over the many cracks which FIFA 15 has.

Don't get me started on the player models either.

5403185d768a5.jpg

The thing is, everytime I visit this thread, you're in here, doing everything to protect the game. We get it, you love it - but many, MANY people are really fed up with EA's lazy, half arsed attempt at video game footy now.

Thank God the other game is half decent again or we'd be doomed. People need to stop buying FIFA and then it will get better.

I responded to the guy saying 8 goals per game on manual. That's not the norm. What's wrong with saying that?

As for saying you have to practice that much for the passing just goes to show how poor you must be at it as it isn't even hard. It's dumbed down from years ago. A mate of mine was over last night and he hasn't played on a console in years. We swapped pads for a bit and his passing was pretty good so it's bollocks when people say they can't pass with their Centre backs to their right backs. There's hardly anything to master. The games I have are more realistic than the standard ping pong crap you'd see on default but anyway, you don't like the game so why be a complete sad and pathetic bastard and keep saying how shit it is. Don't play it. Sell it. Your problem is solved.

And FFS, listen. I'm not protecting anything. How hard is it for some of you to just accept I don't have issues with the things I replied to? ie. Defending and kick off issues some of you have. Sorry for being half decent at taking the ball off my oponent.
I've also said many a time that the default game isn't for me which agrees with what you say so Fuck me! How the hell is that constantly defending the game? Are you stupid? Illiterate? All of the above? I don't like the default game so I play it differently. It's not an excuse. It's what I prefer.

I respect others opinions but if I have a different one I'm an EA representative or I'm protecting the game. Some people are thick as shit and aren't capable of understanding what I type.
For the 800th time, I don't care who makes any game. I have no loyalty. I play what caters for me. It does the job. It's a bit of fun with my kids. I quite enjoy online seasons too, even with its issues. I let them go over my head the majority of the time though. I'm not interested in dissecting every little bit of the Game. I have enjoyable games. Game being the main word here. It's a release from the shit I have to deal with in the real world and tbh I hardly play that much anyway.

I then get bellends saying I defend everything about the game. If you knew me from over the years, you wouldn't say that as I have slagged this game off plenty in the past. You are focussing on a few things I've said lately and that's it. Those comments have only covered a few areas of the Game. I happened to initially respond as I wasn't having the same experiences. Maybe, just maybe I coped with them better than others. Maybe I don't care as much about the issues now I'm getting older. Maybe you are just a prat who keeps rejoining and slagging off games you don't like. Who knows?

Don't know what to say. Guys are wide open. Short passing game is higher risk less reward than just long passes to forwards, who then easily create chances because either they're wide open because the defensive AI is shit, defenders are just darn clumsy, or they can easily create a chance because the defensive mechanics are underpowered relative to the dribbling system.

I pretty much only play as Borussia Dortmund and hitting long diagonal passes to Reus is ridiculously easy. Then if he's not already one-on-one for a shot, it's cake beating defenders.

Meanwhile, so many games are against Madrid or Barca, and while you more frequently come up against opponents interested in playing realistic football in manual matches, the majority still are spamming exploits. Defending against constant long passes to Bale, Ronaldo, Suarez, etc. sucks ass and gets dull quick.

Games are pretty good when people are interested in playing football; they're terrible when opponents are interested in just winning. Unfortunately, the latter mentality is pretty much all I see, no matter the match settings.

It's a shame because if it weren't for a few glaring exploits, AI weaknesses and imbalances, I'd probably really enjoy both single and multi-player.

Fair comments mate. Not every game I play is great fun as there are people like you've just described but overall, I do have enjoyable games on my preferred settings. Sorry if that upsets that kid from earlier.

I pretty much only play as Borussia Dortmund...

...Meanwhile, so many games are against Madrid or Barca

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. No disrespect to ya but have you tried playing as a lower ranked team so that you don't get matched up with Real Madrid or Barcelona?

I follow Juventus and often play as them but to keep things fresh, after a couple of games I will change to another team between 3.5 - 4 stars (from the Serie A or elsewhere).

I play on assisted and get some really good games with the majority of opponents trying to play more realistic football. If that's what you're trying to achieve then maybe you can still find that experience online.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. No disrespect to ya but have you tried playing as a lower ranked team so that you don't get matched up with Real Madrid or Barcelona?

I follow Juventus and often play as them but to keep things fresh, after a couple of games I will change to another team between 3.5 - 4 stars (from the Serie A or elsewhere).

I play on assisted and get some really good games with the majority of opponents trying to play more realistic football. If that's what you're trying to achieve then maybe you can still find that experience online.

And who the hell ever said I was sane? Sanity is boring.

Seriously though, yes I've tried playing as lower ranked teams. I've found it difficult at times to get matches, especially when playing manual. You're right though, those matches are better. But they're still flawed and exploitable - it's just, like with manual, the exploits are a tad harder to exploit.

It's also still the same old solution: you have to alter the game, play it with different settings, teams, etc. to get a better experience, which is a half-assed solution that is damning in itself of the game's failure in its default state to provide a realistic and satisfying experience.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when we can only defend the game with the qualification that it cannot be played on default settings or with any team you'd like.

amazing 2nd season beat of the table juventus 2-1 in the penultimate game to close the 3 point gap and go top with 1 game left

x58tpy.jpg

on the final day I was 2-0 down vs Torino couldn't believe it but managed to pull it back to 2-2 with a penalty then clinch the title in the 87th minute with a superb Mauri volley BUT after the game there was no trophy presentation?? does FIFA 15 not have one for every league? or is it because I finished joint top but won on results against? even the emails made no mention of winning the league very very disappointing...

oh well cup final next against AC Milan

Got off on the wrong foot PU6HY your not a fan boy, you like the game, fair doos to you

Sick of EA churning out same arcade, speedfest every year though.

We need a 3rd football game on market, give Konami and EA a run for their money

Fed up with huge wrestler player models

Fed up with Ultimate Team, Thru Ball in the air, zombies

Fed up with Martin Tyler

Fed up with playing against speed merchants using Real madrid because they have a hard on for Ronaldo and his boring tricks

Give me a real football game, not this cartoon garbage

I've read a lot of your posts and you seem to get really offended by anyone who criticizes FIFA 15. Do you work for EA or something?

Let people grumble, we pay £40 for this pile of crap, year after year!

To be fair to him the kick off bug is not as apparent to me too, last year it was horrific. Fifa does have its issues and most of them IMO are found online, i'm still enjoying offline but I think the online portion of every game in this generation as well as the last is pants.

Last edited:
never mind the kick off bug this is worse

2wq6edy.jpg

by real life rules as stated by someone on here it goes first on results against the team your level on points with I beat Juve both times in the league 4-3 and 2-1 but the game hasn't awarded anyone the title..

I simmed to the next season and my stats say titles won 0 nothing I can do about it either as the only game save I have is the last game of the season Juve play Livorno and beat them everytime 4-0 5-0

fuck sake EA

Last edited:
This is ypur 1st season?! This bug of no results or awards at all in the 1st season has been there for so long.You won the title but there will be no results in your CV. It's annoying I know.

Would love to play the game online with me being Leyton Orient and someone else being Dagenham for example, but will never happen as people just want to whore Barca, Real, Bayern. Shame.

This is ypur 1st season?! This bug of no results or awards at all in the 1st season has been there for so long.You won the title but there will be no results in your CV. It's annoying I know.

it was actually the second season there seems to be nothing I can do about it either since I stupidly only have one save so just going to replay it and forfeit the title to Juve and try win the cup final later tonight at least it gives me something to play for next season

And who the hell ever said I was sane? Sanity is boring.

Seriously though, yes I've tried playing as lower ranked teams. I've found it difficult at times to get matches, especially when playing manual. You're right though, those matches are better. But they're still flawed and exploitable - it's just, like with manual, the exploits are a tad harder to exploit.

It's also still the same old solution: you have to alter the game, play it with different settings, teams, etc. to get a better experience, which is a half-assed solution that is damning in itself of the game's failure in its default state to provide a realistic and satisfying experience.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when we can only defend the game with the qualification that it cannot be played on default settings or with any team you'd like.

I agree with all that - but I've been ok without having to go to manual settings and I guess you can pick whoever you like but it's probably the matchmaking settings that cause those similar top teams to come up all the time. I wish the seasons/competitive mode made you change star level after each game or consecutive wins or whatever the case would be to ensure there was more variety.

Get rewarded for drawing or winning with a lower ranked team. Didn't this system used to happen. FIFA 09 maybe??

I co-sign that... absolutly hating fifa 15, and i really tried to like it but in the end i just couldnt.. thank god(or konami) PES is finnally enjoyable for me after long long 5-6 years.

Player models, i dont evan know where to start, they werent that bad in fifa 14, in 15 lets sum it up saying they look like AVATAR figures(long arms and legs, small heads)
500px-Grace_as_an_Avatar.JPG

Last edited:
I co-sign that... absolutly hating fifa 15, and i really tried to like it but in the end i just couldnt.. thank god(or konami) PES is finnally enjoyable for me after long long 5-6 years.

Player models, i dont evan know where to start, they werent that bad in fifa 14, in 15 lets sum it up saying they look like AVATAR figures(long arms and legs, small heads)
500px-Grace_as_an_Avatar.JPG

:APPLAUD:

i'm having a bad morning but this cheered me up no end!! That is spot-on, they either look like big wrestlers OR super skinny, tall, dangly armed players.

People might argue that it doesnt hurt the gaming experience but it does I want my players to look like, erm, football players.

EA do so much right in regards of presentation but the core gameplay and player models leave a lot to be desired.

as for online - its a shambles. like someone said above, choose a lower league side and wait around for ages for a match. its all about playing as Real Madrid BOOOOORRRIIIIINNNNGGG.

FIFA is dead to me.

Cycle begins.....

Join back to evo web with a different name.

Act like a knob

Pretend you support a team that you don't.

Act like a knob.

Keep going back into the same threads and repeating the same old over the top crap over and over again.

Act like a knob.

Piss off somebody.

Then pretend to be their friend.

Act like a knob.

rinse and repeat until you get banned.

Apart from a few close ups with some stupid shoulders the player models aren't an issue at all for me. In game view they look fine. Never had a problem with them in any previous games either. Not sure what the fuss is about to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom