FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

I manage to solve all Fifa gameplay problems yesterday.

I finally gave up trying to enjoy it and sold the game! :SMUG:

54b.gif

I manage to solve all Fifa gameplay problems yesterday.

I finally gave up trying to enjoy it and sold the game! :SMUG:
I picked up FIFA 14 for $9.99 a couple days back, that was my fix. Much better game overall, plus all the mods/codes/tools work with 14 that EA made sure don't work with 15.

I´m not a football die hard fan, at least at professional levels. But this Fifa made me buy a console. I never played 14 but after testing the demo and watching loads of videos, I coudn´t resist. One of the things that made me buy this was the presentation and overall graphics. I know it shouldn´t be the most important thing but damn, this game rocks... And these replays :SNACK:.

I bought PES anyway and I confess I did enjoy the game. For the past 15 days I only played PES and between friendlies, cups and a full season in master League, the overall feeling is "meh". Some gret moments, but the sound, comentary, presentation, licenses, game physics etc are too much to forget. I´m getting back to Fifa for sure, as I never had the same satisfaction in PES.

Angus - where did your post go? I saw it about the DB edits, etc - you know I'm always game for that - but of course trying to get the game playing right for the console folk as well.

Thankfully the sliders that are just about final have combat the defensive line issue. Yes it still happens on occasion, but it's definitely not there as consistently - and that's what matters to me. I'll have another video of it sometime this week. In the meantime, I've posted the sliders in the slider thread.

I picked up FIFA 14 for $9.99 a couple days back, that was my fix. Much better game overall, plus all the mods/codes/tools work with 14 that EA made sure don't work with 15.

Yes mate, i agree that 14 was miles better in terms of gameplay than 15. I still have it on PS4 and i´ll keep playing it when i´m bored with PES.

I don't know if this a post-patch thing or not but there is now a problem with stadiums when starting a new Career Mode game.

I've just spent last 3 hours editing all teams' stadiums to get rid of those that have Waldstadion as their default for example since camera is weird for me with my settings in that stadium.

And yet now when I start a CM, I see a team like Standard Liege that had that as their default, still has it even tho i've changed them to have Stadio El Medio.

The stadium thing which you get to choose like when picking name/nationality at start of CM mode does NOT work. Either way teams start with whoever they had by default! It's frustrating since i cant play in some stadiums and yet now i'm forced to!

I´m not a football die hard fan, at least at professional levels. But this Fifa made me buy a console. I never played 14 but after testing the demo and watching loads of videos, I coudn´t resist. One of the things that made me buy this was the presentation and overall graphics. I know it shouldn´t be the most important thing but damn, this game rocks... And these replays :SNACK:.

I bought PES anyway and I confess I did enjoy the game. For the past 15 days I only played PES and between friendlies, cups and a full season in master League, the overall feeling is "meh". Some gret moments, but the sound, comentary, presentation, licenses, game physics etc are too much to forget. I´m getting back to Fifa for sure, as I never had the same satisfaction in PES.

Same to me, 100%!

Angus - where did your post go? I saw it about the DB edits, etc - you know I'm always game for that - but of course trying to get the game playing right for the console folk as well.
Felt it was off-topic and kind of a slap to slider people like yourself.

i sold fifa to play PES but it's growing old on my fast now..the AI passing was nice at first but it gets very samey. The whole fouling system is also broken beyond belief. No AI fouls, every foul by a you is a booking no matter how soft and off the ball fouls no matter how violent are simply ignored.

I will wait until future patches to see what happens then i may switch back, FIFA 15 was a bit of a mess too in other areas especially the kick off bug

Hey, i have a question.

In PES 2015 it isn`t possible anymore to choose the cpu side, when you play offline leagues or cups with your friends.
This ruins the experience for me and my friends, we always play leagues and now you are forced to play vs the AI.

So, we thought about trying Fifa.

Is it possible in Fifa 15 to select the cpu side in offline leagues/ cups?

i sold fifa to play PES but it's growing old on my fast now..the AI passing was nice at first but it gets very samey. The whole fouling system is also broken beyond belief. No AI fouls, every foul by a you is a booking no matter how soft and off the ball fouls no matter how violent are simply ignored.

I will wait until future patches to see what happens then i may switch back, FIFA 15 was a bit of a mess too in other areas especially the kick off bug

Yep, both games need significant patches unfortunately. It's a good thing there's other great games out now and releasing in the future, cause I don't see these games getting fixed.

I've been back and forth between the 2 but at the moment I'm sticking with FIFA. The core of PES is great in terms of how you can play the game but almost all of it is ruined by constant shortcomings.

FIFA for me is the opposite where the core is a mess but at least I can enjoy a number of other great game play features and atmosphere. The varied shooting, the ball physics and keepers all stand out as really vital aspects which it nails.

I went back to 14 last night and it felt more like a step forwards than a step backwards, it was a breath of fresh air because the package seemed much tighter as a whole (online at least, certainly not offline which I'd say is definitely a worse game).

Managed to get an online game and it was a close encounter, felt more fair thanks to the more professional defending (i.e. easier, less defenders running past their man like they're off for a Sunday morning jog), more about skill (rather than skill moves) and less spammy overall. Just seemed tighter, whereas 15 feels more experimental, faster and "slidey".

I wonder if maybe the offline and online parts of the game need dramatically different gameplay? I feel like 14 is terrible offline but great online, and vice versa in 15.

(The only reason I stopped playing 14 was because of that exploit EA never fixed, where your opponent would quit out of the game via the Xbox\PS button and you'd be the one awarded a loss for "quitting", wankers...)

Yep, both games need significant patches unfortunately. It's a good thing there's other great games out now and releasing in the future, cause I don't see these games getting fixed.

I only play football games, I've really had a tough time getting into any other videogame over the past 2-3 years. Probably only the Portal games held my attention. The NBA 2k series is great, and I watch basketball plenty, but it just not football.

It really sucks, I have to constantly find new tv series to watch for leisure *first world problem* instead of playing something I enjoy. Football Manager takes too much time, that I don't have. I just wish one of the two companies got it completely right. I'd be soooo happy.

I only play football games, I've really had a tough time getting into any other videogame over the past 2-3 years. Probably only the Portal games held my attention. The NBA 2k series is great, and I watch basketball plenty, but it just not football.

It really sucks, I have to constantly find new tv series to watch for leisure *first world problem* instead of playing something I enjoy. Football Manager takes too much time, that I don't have. I just wish one of the two companies got it completely right. I'd be soooo happy.

small-violin.gif

Honestly still don't get why people go on about a kick off bug? Every time someone tries it, I just take the ball off them. They are prats for trying it but it's not exactly hard to get the ball off them. In fact, it's bloody easy to tackle them. Non issue imo.

FIFA 15 is horrible, both on next gen and old gen. I bought it for my son and I pop upstairs to give him a game every now and then and if EA think this represents the beautiful game then they need their heads testing.

I really enjoyed FIFA 14 but this is awful. Defending is a joke, game is super fast - I dont want to offend anyone but this feels and plays like a child's version of cartoon football.

Maybe its because I play a lot of PES 2015 now, which is slower and far more realistic. But FIFA seems to take 2 steps forward and then 3 back.

Online its a mess. Games end with silly scorelines, like the old days. I played a kid the other night, he chose Real Madrid (boring) and I was Atletico. Score ended up 9-5 to me. Yep, NINE - FIVE.

Beneath the polish, amazing presentation and tonnes of stadiums there's such a hollow, shallow, childish arcade fest of a game here. And don't get me started on 'sliders'. I shouldnt have to tinker with them to make the game playable - and when you play with sliders, you fix one issue but break another.

Awful, awful, awful game and it shocks me how many Ultimate Team Zombies get sold by EA's Marketing Machine every year.

My son loves it. Although he is 8 years old.

Honestly still don't get why people go on about a kick off bug? Every time someone tries it, I just take the ball off them. They are prats for trying it but it's not exactly hard to get the ball off them. In fact, it's bloody easy to tackle them. Non issue imo.

I've read a lot of your posts and you seem to get really offended by anyone who criticizes FIFA 15. Do you work for EA or something?

Let people grumble, we pay £40 for this pile of crap, year after year!

I've read a lot of your posts and you seem to get really offended by anyone who criticizes FIFA 15. Do you work for EA or something? Let people grumble, we pay £40 for this pile of crap, year after year!
Ah, the old "works for EA" bash.

And that makes you kind of slow doesn't it, buying a game year after year you feel is crap? As far as complaining, heck it's the internet, moan away! So easy to create a profile and start ranting. No effort involved in that. Too much work to actually learn how to edit in order to fix some of the issues. But that's the Twitter generation for you.

And don't get me started on 'sliders'. I shouldnt have to tinker with them to make the game playable
Holy cow bro, just read this, you're even too lazy to spend 30 seconds adjusting sliders! I guess we can forget my comment about you maybe learning how to edit, LOL.

Last edited:

I am talking about the AI..on the highest level from kick off you can simply sprint through the defence to the goal

I've read a lot of your posts and you seem to get really offended by anyone who criticizes FIFA 15. Do you work for EA or something?

Let people grumble, we pay £40 for this pile of crap, year after year!

The boring old do you work for EA line.
Offended? Not at all. You have an opinion and I don't share it. What the hell is wrong with that? In my opinion, the kick off glitch people talk about doesn't exist as it is a piece of piss to defend against. I don't have an issue with the rest of the defending either. If you pay £40 for a game you don't enjoy year after year then you are an idiot. There's plenty of games I don't enjoy but you won't find me in all the threads slagging them off. I just won't play them.
I enjoy playing against my son's and some manual online seasons as the default game is crap but I say the kick off glitch is easy to defend against (because it is) and I have to listen to absolute shit saying I work for EA! Fuck me.

Ah, the old "works for EA" bash.

And that makes you kind of stupid doesn't it, buying a game year after year you feel is crap? As far as complaining, heck it's the internet, moan away! So easy to create a profile and start ranting. No effort involved in that. Too much work to actually learn how to edit in order to fix some of the issues. But that's the Twitter generation for you.

The thing is the demo and release wasn't crap, it is the further updates that ruin the product after release. The user shouldn't have to edit to fix things, they may want to edit to improve their personal experience but not try to sort out blatant defects in the game that a 5 minute play test will highlight

I am talking about the AI..on the highest level from kick off you can simply sprint through the defence to the goal

Oh. I get you. You mean when you are attacking. Why do that then? I'd just pass back from the kick off if I was to play against the AI. Anyway, each to their own.

The thing is the demo and release wasn't crap, it is the further updates that ruin the product after release. The user shouldn't have to edit to fix things, they may want to edit to improve their personal experience but not try to sort out blatant defects in the game that a 5 minute play test will highlight
I have no idea about online, for me after edits FIFA 15 plays a top-notch offline football game. But then I'm a glass is half full type unlike many/most posters on this forum apparently.

Sliders, sliders, sliders!

Does it help the game become slow and realistic ONLINE? No it doesn't.

And in single player, every CPU team plays like Barcelona, skating around my penalty area, keeping 90% posession.

I buy the game every year for my son, so don't label me with "Twitter Generation", I don't even use social networking - too old for that nonsense!

My personal opinion is that FIFA 15 is a mess, offline and ONLINE. I've posted my opinion and won't say anything more on the matter, it's just a game at the end of the day, the world will keep on turning despite how poor FIFA 15 is! :D

Back
Top Bottom