FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

i always struggled with this, pes speed feel right on 0 or -1 but when emulated in fifa it was like the players are running in glue..strange but pes feels better slow
I agree with this, for me the better option is globally lowering player speed, accel and agility, and keeping the sliders at their default setting (possible on the PC). This year for example I lowered players' speed and accel to 1-39, then set speed slider at 60 and accel slider at 70. Prevents that glue feeling that comes with slider settings set too low.

I agree with this, for me the better option is globally lowering player speed, accel and agility, and keeping the sliders at their default setting (possible on the PC). This year for example I lowered players' speed and accel to 1-39, then set speed slider at 60 and accel slider at 70. Prevents that glue feeling that comes with slider settings set too low.

Does that work with career mode new players(youth) ?

About the DMF or CM,I found that setting "stay at the edge of the box" instead of balanced helps in keeping him back.But if his work rate is high,he will keep going up.Also your defence staying way back separate from midfield,offside trap instead of cover helps too.

Has to do with a variety of settings, including player attack/defend work rate, d-pad tactics, and line height and line length sliders. Set those sliders at 0 and 0 for example and watch your defenders hang back when attacking.regardless, I noticed the DMF tends to "float," moving forwards and backwards a lot. But he can and does stay put back at midfield for long stretches.

4-3-3 formation with a DMF in the middle, I'm the one on the attack (screen 1). You can see the positioning of my DMF in both screens circled in red:

dmf_zps96992d64.jpg

Cheers, I will look into that

Career mode values can be edited on the PC. Youth player ratings can be set to whatever parameters you like.

I want to reduce the speed like you said in your post.That's the thing I'd like to change.I guess I need DB master but how I can edit that globally and does it affect regens in Career mode ?
Thanks

I want to reduce the speed like you said in your post.That's the thing I'd like to change.I guess I need DB master but how I can edit that globally and does it affect regens in Career mode ?
Changes you make to the players in the database do not affect youth players coming up in career mode. There are separate carer mode files that need to be edited, to set youth player regen parameters.

Yes, you use DBM 14 or 15 to globally raise/lower ratings. You open the database with DBM, export all the tables into a folder, then open and edit the various table values using Excel or a free Excel-like program such as Open Office. Player ratings values are located in the players table. Other tables contain other values, the referee table can be edited to help create more fouls/cards, other tables like the formations table can be edited to make positional adjustments to formations, or to globally apply team tactics changes or player instructions to specific positions.

Changes you make to the players in the database do not affect youth players coming up in career mode. There are separate carer mode files that need to be edited, to set youth player regen parameters.

Yes, you use DBM 14 or 15 to globally raise/lower ratings. You open the database with DBM, export all the tables into a folder, then open and edit the various table values using Excel or a free Excel-like program such as Open Office. Player ratings values are located in the players table. Other tables contain other values, the referee table can be edited to help create more fouls/cards, other tables like the formations table can be edited to make positional adjustments to formations, or to globally apply team tactics changes or player instructions to specific positions.
1st of all, thanks for taking time to help me.So, is it possible to edit the stats of any upcoming player (me or cpu)? Because I only play CM.Which files for regen parameters? What speed range did you use?

1st of all, thanks for taking time to help me.So, is it possible to edit the stats of any upcoming player (me or cpu)? Because I only play CM.Which files for regen parameters? What speed range did you use?
I don't play or edit CM so I can't help you, there's a CM edit thread over at soccergaming, you can find answers there or ask questions.

Speed range... I use 1-39 for 99% of players, the top 200 or so players are rated 40-99. I use this same rating scale for several ratings: balance, strength, accel, agility, vision and tackle ratings. The other ratings I leave at their default values. I'm primarily interested in improving three things: removing CPU cheats, reducing the overall speed of the game, and creating more fouls and cards. These edits accomplish that.

Last edited:
Thanks mate.I read on modding way from Portuguese or Brazilian site that 1.04 might be released this week.They said it's to balance several aspects of the game mainly striker vs defender speed. Let's hope it's true.

Anyone know if it's possible to increase the goals scored in games between the cpu? They rarely score more than 3 goals per game, and it's really boring and unrealistic that the top scorer in Premier League only manage to score 16-17 goals a season.

I manage Northampton in league 2.My striker (Nicholis) is the top scorer with 28.I'm midtable(won't promote). Still 5 matches to go. How long do your matches last? I play 15 mins half.

Anyone know if it's possible to increase the goals scored in games between the cpu? They rarely score more than 3 goals per game, and it's really boring and unrealistic that the top scorer in Premier League only manage to score 16-17 goals a season.
Those are dead-on realistic stats. If you want sim/game scoring stats that are unrealistic, I suppose you could globally edit all GKs and lower their abilities and overall ratings by 30-50%

253mb update...

XB1/PS4/PC

The third title update for FIFA 15 is now live for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. This new update feature new FIFA 15 content and also addresses certain issues brought to our attention by the FIFA community.

Added Content & Features
• New authentic player faces for promoted Barclays Premier League teams Leicester City, Burnley, and Queens Park Rangers.
* Accessible after this week’s MatchDay Live update for all non-FUT modes
** Accessible after a FUT squad update coming this week

• Added players, kits, and badges for the two new MLS expansion teams Orlando City and New York City FC to FIFA Ultimate Team
• Updated FIFA Ultimate Team player item portraits for 18 high-profile players
• Added ability to assign Player Instructions via the squad screen in FIFA Ultimate Team

Issues Addressed
• Gameplay improvements to defensive positioning and lob through balls
• Improvements to kit clashing logic in Pro Clubs and Seasons
• Improvements to cameras in multiple licensed stadiums
• Improvements to “Looking Ahead” audio and overlays in Career Mode
• Improvements in Team Management functionality in multiplayer matches
• General stability fixes in Career Mode
• Ability to Player Lock in Player Career with multiple controllers in use
• Fix to online user population counts in Pro Clubs and Seasons menus
• Fix for issues with player names on certain kits in the BPL
• Fix for audio storylines in in Match Day Live games
• Fixed an issue where transferring progress across console generations could cause FUT Season progress to be tracked incorrectly.
• Addressed FUT player item portraits that show a white background in FUT
• Fixed an issue that would cause the Team of the Week preview to be displayed incorrectly.
• Compare Price in the FUT Transfer Market now works for players who were transferred close to the transfer deadline.
• Using the “Compare Price” feature on in-form Players Items now compares the item with other in-form versions instead of the normal version.

X360/PS3

The second title update for FIFA 15 is now live for the Xbox 360 and PS3. This new update feature new FIFA 15 content and also addresses certain issues brought to our attention by the FIFA community.

Added Content
• New authentic player faces for promoted Barclays Premier League teams Leicester City, Burnley, and Queens Park Rangers.
* Accessible after this week’s MatchDay Live update for all non-FUT modes
** Accessible after a FUT squad update coming this week

• Added players, kits, and badges for the two new MLS expansion teams Orlando City and New York City FC to FIFA Ultimate Team
• Updated FIFA Ultimate Team player item portraits for 18 high-profile players

Issues addressed
• Gameplay improvements to defensive positioning and lob through balls
• Improvements to kit clashing logic in Pro Clubs and Seasons
• Stability improvements to Career Mode and Co-op Seasons
• Improvements to cameras in multiple licensed stadiums
• Game Face stability fixes in Career Mode
• Fixed an issue where transferring progress across console generations could cause FUT Seasons progress to be tracked incorrectly.
• Compare Price in the FUT Transfer Market now works for players who were transferred close to the transfer deadline.
• Using the “Compare Price” feature on in-form Players Items now compares the item with other in-form versions instead of the normal version.
• Stability improvements when receiving invites for FUT Friendly Seasons.
• Stability improvements at the end of FUT Single Player Seasons matches
• Fixed undefined text on EASFC notifications for FUT Single Player Season promotions.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the Team of the Week preview to be displayed incorrectly.
• Improved stability when receiving FUT Online Friendlies invites.

Last edited:
Very decent update, I like the ability to set player instructions in Ultimate Team - most of the time I just didn't have the patience to set it up before every match. Would be nice if we could also set the team tactic sliders in the squad screen too.

Defensive positioning/pressing from kick off seemed improved, with the wide players not leaving such huge gaps to the centre mids but not played enough to give any concrete feedback on the gameplay differences yet.

Finally,Fifa15 became a solid balanced game to follow fifa14 Nextgen.I love the pace now.It results in more tactical game thanks to the improved positioning and balanced speed btw attackers & defenders.
The game is more tight now which was missing to make it a solid one.Speed isn't overpowered anymore (thank god) coz defenders can keep up.Dribbling is more satisfying now and hard.Fouls and cards thanks to slower pace.They actually listen and care about the product.

Played two online games of FUT before I had to come back to the office (boooooooo).

Could be down to the placebo effect, particularly as I've hammered PES in the last 7 days (although I will say, I don't think it is, because the last time I went from PES to FIFA I had the 9-2 which I posted a screenshot of)...

BUT...

The game seemed miiiiiiiiiles slower to me. I passed the ball around to make space, which wasn't a good way to win before (in my experience). I didn't feel rushed. (Could be because the teams I was playing weren't superstar teams, but they were better teams than mine, which usually results in me being pressed to death.)

At 60 minutes in the first match, the score was still 0-0, which I don't think has happened to me before (online in Ultimate Team). At half time, I did a little dance.

As soon as a goal went in, the "all-out attack" strategies came out though and there were plenty of through-balls, although lofted through-balls seemed less successful. It felt like FIFA again at that point (too many incisive through-balls), but defensive positioning seemed improved enough as a whole to deal with it (although I think there's still a tendency for the back line to jog up too far).

The guys I played tried to use the kick-off bug 4-5 times in total, and although one of them managed to get to the edge of the area and have a shot (which was deflected and cleared), they didn't have success generally. Still appears possible though if you get your dribbling right.

The final score of both games was 2-1 to me (must say, I scored a 95th minute goal in both games, but I don't see as many last-minute goals as others complain of).

I seemed to see a lot of goalkeeper deflections spilling out into dangerous places, which was a mild concern, but none of these instances led to goals (so I don't think this is a patch thing, I don't think the code has changed here).

They were undoubtedly the two best matches I've played in FIFA 15 online. Things seem much tighter (although my worry now is, what will the player instructions do to this balance - I see a lot of people telling every single player to get forward all of the time).

Looking forward to much more testing tonight!

Last edited:
Finally,Fifa15 became a solid balanced game to follow fifa14 Nextgen.I love the pace now.It results in more tactical game thanks to the improved positioning and balanced speed btw attackers & defenders.
The game is more tight now which was missing to make it a solid one.Speed isn't overpowered anymore (thank god) coz defenders can keep up.Dribbling is more satisfying now and hard.Fouls and cards thanks to slower pace.They actually listen and care about the product.

Played two online games of FUT before I had to come back to the office (boooooooo).

Could be down to the placebo effect, particularly as I've hammered PES in the last 7 days (although I will say, I don't think it is, because the last time I went from PES to FIFA I had the 9-2 which I posted a screenshot of)...

BUT...

The game seemed miiiiiiiiiles slower to me. I passed the ball around to make space, which wasn't a good way to win before (in my experience). I didn't feel rushed. (Could be because the teams I was playing weren't superstar teams, but they were better teams than mine, which usually results in me being pressed to death.)

At 60 minutes in the first match, the score was still 0-0, which I don't think has happened to me before (online in Ultimate Team). At half time, I did a little dance.

As soon as a goal went in, the "all-out attack" strategies came out though and there were plenty of through-balls, although lofted through-balls seemed less successful. It felt like FIFA again at that point (too many incisive through-balls), but defensive positioning seemed improved enough as a whole to deal with it (although I think there's still a tendency for the back line to jog up too far).

The guys I played tried to use the kick-off bug 4-5 times in total, and although one of them managed to get to the edge of the area and have a shot (which was deflected and cleared), they didn't have success generally. Still appears possible though if you get your dribbling right.

The final score of both games was 2-1 to me (must say, I scored a 95th minute goal in both games, but I don't see as many last-minute goals as others complain of).

I seemed to see a lot of goalkeeper deflections spilling out into dangerous places, which was a mild concern, but none of these instances led to goals (so I don't think this is a patch thing, I don't think the code has changed here).

They were undoubtedly the two best matches I've played in FIFA 15 online. Things seem much tighter (although my worry now is, what will the player instructions do to this balance - I see a lot of people telling every single player to get forward all of the time).

Looking forward to much more testing tonight!

Feedback is post patch?

Blown away by the in-depth patch analysis on the official FIFA 15 forums.

With discussion like this, who needs Evo-Web or any alternative discussion site?

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2972090.page

(To be serious for a minute, this is why I don't think EA will ever take feedback seriously - even though in this instance it appears they have - because the mental capacity of the average player seems to be on par with a 9-year-old. They can't even string a sentence together. Fuck.)

Still gutted by the lack of fouls though. Ive played two matches (15min halves) since the patch and had 1 foul given me, apart from that though im happy.

Random i know but can someone please check on there version of FIFA if Chris Woods from Leicester City has his scanned face because he doesn't on mine and i don't understand why he would be left out if the other players have there scanned faces (i had to delete all my squad files for the rest of the faces to work btw)

just installed the patch, went 1-0 down to palace on legendary. Kicked off with rooney run past all defenders to goal line shot and scored, turned it off.

Patch definitely makes a positive impact, but it's not big enough to make the game tactical (online anyway).

Played lots more games now and scorelines are more realistic in general, but my last game I conceded near enough to the EXACT same goal four times. Three passes from defence, to midfielder (this step not always necessary), to striker (without pause), rolls the ball one way with his foot (little dribble move) and finesse shot into the corner. Powerless to stop it.

Playing 4-4-2 vs his 4-2-3-1, every single time my attack came to an end (and I do mean EVERY time), he had a man unmarked beyond the half way line, who only had to beat a defender and he's through to score.

Tried fiddling with the player instructions to keep two midfielders in holding positions, but no. They're still too far forward all the time, and if someone plays a CAM, he's always free in that position.

It's crap and it's broken (FUT but I see no online gameplay difference in other modes), sorry.

If only they had the balls to take this patch and apply it to the power of ten. There's definitely a reduction in speed and defenders are better positioned, but the whole dribbling system is still ludicrously overpowered. Master a SINGLE type of dribble trick and you'll beat a man 9 times out of 10.

Last edited:
I agree with the DM being far too high from their assignment. I often see Matic in that holding position but whenever you go on attack I see Matic always linger around the box, even if I choose to stay back on attack. Something's wrong with this.

Maybe selecting the position as CB and put it higher up could solve it.

From my experience Dm's seem to get confused if you have two central midfielders told to stay back, doesn't matter if it's 2 DM's or 1 DM and 1 CM don't set both to stay back, this is my usual formation:

eUkBv1Y.jpg

Most of the personnel has changed now but the positions remain the same, the bottom DM is as far back as he can be before he's a CB, he's told to stay back, next above him is a CM, next above him is either a CAM or a CF depending on the strength of the opposition and/or the fitness/injuries of my squad, I find it a good formation to protect the back four as well as provide flexibility in attack.

Back
Top Bottom