FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Thinking of going back to FIFA 15 now, PES is getting boring. It's lovely game to play ON the pitch but there's just not enough to keep it interesting and ONLINE is a lag fest.

I heard there was a new patch for FIFA 15 to make defending better/easier? Is this true?

Yes, there was a new patch and there were some tweaks but do no expect any major upgrades. Still, you can fix some issues with sliders/tactics.

Thanks for quick reply.

Only really interested in online though.

To be honest, I am so bored with PES I might just order it, thanks again :)

There´s a setting in tactics menu were you choose some players to go up in set pieces I believe?

Can anyone confirm this?

I knew you could edit to tell them to cut inside or make more forward runs, stay central or drift wide, etc. but can you give them setpiece instructions like forcing central defenders to go up for corners?

I also find it highly unrealistic that sometimes really tall CB's stay back for corners!

Bought this again yesterday - had lots of fun with a mate playing Co-Op Seasons last night, spent around 5 hours on it - haven't had one of those sessions on a footy game since I can remember.

Game is still too fast for my liking but as a package it just feels so much deeper than PES 2015. You get a lot more for your money here and it really does make a difference to me having all the different stadiums, the better commentary and graphics. That might sound shallow but it's 2015 - I don't want game menus that look like something from the PS2 anymore.

Shooting on FIFA 15 is more realistic, every shot doesn't fly in the back of the net like they do in PES 2015. The whole atmosphere and feeling in the game is, I dunno, more exciting I guess.

One question: What difficulty does everyone play on in Career Mode? Really struggling on Legendary and I'm a pretty good player - CPU keeps the ball for ages, can't seem to win it back.

Last edited:
Bought this again yesterday - had lots of fun with a mate playing Co-Op Seasons last night, spent around 5 hours on it - haven't had one of those sessions on a footy game since I can remember.

Game is still too fast for my liking but as a package it just feels so much deeper than PES 2015. You get a lot more for your money here and it really does make a difference to me having all the different stadiums, the better commentary and graphics. That might sound shallow but it's 2015 - I don't want game menus that look like something from the PS2 anymore.

Shooting on FIFA 15 is more realistic, every shot doesn't fly in the back of the net like they do in PES 2015. The whole atmosphere and feeling in the game is, I dunno, more exciting I guess.

One question: What difficulty does everyone play on in Career Mode? Really struggling on Legendary and I'm a pretty good player - CPU keeps the ball for ages, can't seem to win it back.

For my youtube CM here https://www.youtube.com/user/Matt10L, I play Home matches on World Class and Away matches on Legendary.

Makes for more of a home vs away advantage - and allows those significant stadiums to be a bit more intimidating.

I am playing cm as valencia and when I'm taking a corner, one CB (otamendi) always stays behind defending instead of going forward. Is there a way to change this?

I think you can click on the player in squad menu and command player to go forward. Or you can R stick on him and manually move him up.

There´s a setting in tactics menu were you choose some players to go up in set pieces I believe?
Can anyone confirm this?

I knew you could edit to tell them to cut inside or make more forward runs, stay central or drift wide, etc. but can you give them setpiece instructions like forcing central defenders to go up for corners?

I also find it highly unrealistic that sometimes really tall CB's stay back for corners!

Thanks for the feedback. I did some additional testing:
-In team management menu/instructions you can change CB attacking behavior: it does not help for corners; one CB always stays back.
-Using R stick is not a good solution either; AI corner taker makes the cross before you reach the penalty area unless you sprint and fatigue the cb (plus it forces you to be the receiver and AI corner taker makes terrible crosses).
AFAIK in previous FIFAs there was s custom set pieces where you could make you own corner formation. This yeas EA has removed that feature.

So I think we are stuck with this anomaly of one CB staying back for corners.

Last edited:
I play with Dortmund and both CBs are coming forward for corners. I'll have to check the team and player instructions, cant remember making any changes for that.

Thanks. I have also started playing as Dortmund in cm and left cb hummels goes forward and right cb sokratis stays behind at the centre of the field.
That is even if I select in instructions-attacking support-join the attack or play as striker

Last edited:

"THIS" to the bold parts. Totally agreeing here.

In Career Mode I play on professional.
Don´t know what kind of player I am, quite an okay one, not bad, but no pro, average I guess.

But professional is totally fine to me.
Started with a quite weak team from division 2 where every player had an average of 65 and it was really struggling.

Now that the team developed quite well (I´m playing the season of 2018) and have players with average of 75 in my team it´s still struggling.
Was on the first place in the Bundesliga for quite a while but in the end it got quite difficult and missed to maintain, so it´s been 2nd in the end.
I have winning streaks, but not all through the season, play draws, have wins, have losses, sometimes a bit higher scores, sometimes lower...can´t really complayin on that.

I accepted to be the national coach of Belgium and there you have Hazard, Benteke, De Bruyne, Mandala (R.I.P.) etc., well really good players and in the friendlys I first felt that maybe professional is getting a bit too easy, as the Belgium team is a lot stronger than my club team.

But now in the worldcup I lost my first game against Mexico 0:1 and the second game against South Africa was so tight that I narrowly won 1:0, so I don´t have the need to raise the difficulty yet.

I´m quite fine with the variations of the matches.

BTW, I´m playing with the Tele Broadcast cam and noticed that in some stadiums (Camp Nou for example) the height of the cam is different than in my home stadium Allianz Arena.
I thought they fixed that in the latest patch?

Last edited:
I also play on Tele Broadcast fully zoomed out and yes, heights are different at all stadiums which is annoying but realistic as watching on tv is the same I.e all teams have different camera angles.

I tried legacy defending for first time yesterday, I prefer it and wish EA would ditch the tactical defending and keep nice and simple. I really don't enjoy using tactical anymore, I never feel in control.

Game switched to Slow as well, it's a joy to play.

Legacy defending is a joke. It's not you defending at all so no way should they go back to that. You never feel in control with tactical? How can you not as its even more control?! Legacy is no control whatsoever. Hold a button down and let computer do it for you. This day and age, we should have more control so tactical is definitely the right way to go.
Above you said you are a good player. How can you be if you let the computer do things for you? It's not you playing (defending). Holding a button down and closing your eyes is a joke imo as that is all it would take to make a tackle.

Legacy defending is a joke. It's not you defending at all so no way should they go back to that. You never feel in control with tactical? How can you not as its even more control?! Legacy is no control whatsoever. Hold a button down and let computer do it for you. This day and age, we should have more control so tactical is definitely the right way to go.
Above you said you are a good player. How can you be if you let the computer do things for you? It's not you playing (defending). Holding a button down and closing your eyes is a joke imo as that is all it would take to make a tackle.

Why are you always so dramatic about everything? I enjoy Legacy Defending, it suits me fine. I also hate Manual, is that ok with you?

I wonder if I should get this now..

I have plunged back in and enjoying it a lot. IT WILL feel super-fast at first though, so put the speed down to slow.

I have kept PES 2015 but really thinking of trading it towards GTA V. It's so bad online that I can't be bothered with it anymore.

i hate to say it be now im thinking of coming back - PES is good but its just too samey - had a game of the FIFA demo yesterday and really enjoyed it

I have both games and before PES I was playing Fifa all the time. Then I tried PES and bought it, Fifa was showing some annoying problems. But after a couple months playing PES I realized I never had the feeling that Fifa gave me. Scoring in PES is not so rewarding, its just not exciting. Shooting is lame and easy. Its hard to create the chances but then on the box there´s just no variation, no unexpected things, not like before. Fifa in the other hand, doesn´t play that realistic in the buildup, but the animations, the environment, the crowd sounds, the stadiums, and finally the things that can happen inside the box killed PES for me. Came back a couple days ago and I could play the game all night long.
Game is not perfect, there´s also strange things hapening sometimes, but overall, in my opinion, is so much complete, even on the pitch. Plus, my eyes don´t hurt while playing on sunny days, even in stadiums with shadows. And the best part of it, this game actually has FOULS!!!
Now who is starting with Fifa, prepare to learn to defend or the game will be frustrating.

About legacy/tactical defending, this year is very diferent and legacy is not even close to automatic. Who thinks that with legacy defending you just have to run and press X is sooo wrong. Fifa defense has to be patient and clever, period. Unless playing easy levels. I believe World Class is the way to go, but I´ve been trying Legendary. Sometimes it feels unfair though.

I have both games and before PES I was playing Fifa all the time. Then I tried PES and bought it, Fifa was showing some annoying problems. But after a couple months playing PES I realized I never had the feeling that Fifa gave me. Scoring in PES is not so rewarding, its just not exciting. Shooting is lame and easy. Its hard to create the chances but then on the box there´s just no variation, no unexpected things, not like before. Fifa in the other hand, doesn´t play that realistic in the buildup, but the animations, the environment, the crowd sounds, the stadiums, and finally the things that can happen inside the box killed PES for me. Came back a couple days ago and I could play the game all night long.
Game is not perfect, there´s also strange things hapening sometimes, but overall, in my opinion, is so much complete, even on the pitch. Plus, my eyes don´t hurt while playing on sunny days, even in stadiums with shadows. And the best part of it, this game actually has FOULS!!!
Now who is starting with Fifa, prepare to learn to defend or the game will be frustrating.

About legacy/tactical defending, this year is very diferent and legacy is not even close to automatic. Who thinks that with legacy defending you just have to run and press X is sooo wrong. Fifa defense has to be patient and clever, period. Unless playing easy levels. I believe World Class is the way to go, but I´ve been trying Legendary. Sometimes it feels unfair though.

Well said, good post. Legacy is much different to what it used to be.

I play World Class difficulty, SLOW gameplay - it's a lovely game.

Legacy can be as different to how it used to be as it wants but I'll never go back to it. Rather have more input into the game. I don't even play the game often but still don't have any issue with tactical defending at all.

Is it ok to say this without somebody coming out with a boring comment saying I'm angry or dramatic because I have a different opinion?

Legacy can be as different to how it used to be as it wants but I'll never go back to it. Rather have more input into the game. I don't even play the game often but still don't have any issue with tactical defending at all.

Is it ok to say this without somebody coming out with a boring comment saying I'm angry or dramatic because I have a different opinion?

Oh yes, I didn´t even wanted to say that Legacy is the way to go. Forgot to mention it.

I see it as two diferent options for defending, tactical being a little harder, and legacy a little simpler but unforgiven if we use it the wrong way. I like legacy, I feel I control certain aspects of defense with it.

Its good to have both options and choose the one it feels more confortable to each one of us.

Quite same here!

I bought FIFA first as I really enjoyed the demo.

I wanted a footy game where unpredictable stuff happens and when scoring a goal makes me lift my fist up and scream a loud "Yeah!".

PES used to do that to me, but this year it´s FIFA and after a couple of months I still see goals I haven´t seen before.

Another thing:
I never really cared about the stadium atmosphere that much.
But yesterday I played in the CL knockout stage against Real Madrid with my headphones on and I was the away team.
When I scored the first goal the crowd was cheering as usual.
But when RM equalized...DAMN!!!
That cheering was a lot more extreme and all those vuvuzelas and with the slight shaking camera...AWESOME!

My big mistake was to purchase PES 2015 (PC) even I was enjoying FIFA.
It´s been 25 € "only" but it never clicked and to be honest I feel a little mad about myself giving KONAMI my money for their game.

Of course I´m hoping PES 2016 to be better, but I don´t have high hopes anymore tbh.
But on the other hand I´m really curious about the next FIFA releases.

About defending:
I use the tactical one.
Couldn´t deal with it at first and tried legacy for a bit and I felt it being too easy and too automated for my taste.

Switched back to tactical and practiced my timing for the push and pull button and everything and I don´t wanna miss it no more.
Each to their own.

Each to their own fella. People can play however they want. I'm just saying I prefer more input into controlling what goes on on the pitch so I prefer tactical and manual. I get some plebs with their stupid comments saying is it ok with me if they don't like playing a certain way though. People can do what they want. I couldn't care less. I mentioned my preference. It's ok for others to state their preferences but if I do I get stupid comments like that. Hypocritical? I'd say so.

Alright PU6HY you don't need to go on about it, you've made your point, no?

But you must admit - your posts do come across as quite angry & confrontational a lot of the time? It isn't just a coincidence that quite a few people have picked up on it.

You seem like a nice person though so let's drop this and talk about the game :))

I was talking about the game but then get daft comments back. Not sure why having a different opinion with certain things makes my comments angry but whatever.

Well, while I don´t like to go into these discussions... I must admit by saying "legacy defence is a joke" some people might feel you´re saying "people using legacy are a joke". Its not my case, but I think some people understood it like that.

Anyway, I might try tactical again because I like a challenge and to be honest, tactical may be more rewarding once we learn to use it.

Quite same here!

Another thing:
I never really cared about the stadium atmosphere that much.
But yesterday I played in the CL knockout stage against Real Madrid with my headphones on and I was the away team.
When I scored the first goal the crowd was cheering as usual.
But when RM equalized...DAMN!!!
That cheering was a lot more extreme and all those vuvuzelas and with the slight shaking camera...AWESOME!

My big mistake was to purchase PES 2015 (PC) even I was enjoying FIFA.
It´s been 25 € "only" but it never clicked and to be honest I feel a little mad about myself giving KONAMI my money for their game.

Yep, ambience in Fifa is miles better, no discussion. What about celebrations? In PES, sometimes I´m loosing 2-0 and if I score a goal, player go runing like crazy... almost as if they scored the winner goal at the 90´. Its those small details... They are just too many to make me enjoy the game.

About buying PES, sometimes I regret the money I´ve spent, but I also know, if I didn´t buy it, I would still be thinking that I should do it. At leasst now I know wich one is the best for me.

Well, while I don´t like to go into these discussions... I must admit by saying "legacy defence is a joke" some people might feel you´re saying "people using legacy are a joke". Its not my case, but I think some people understood it like that.

Anyway, I might try tactical again because I like a challenge and to be honest, tactical may be more rewarding once we learn to use it.

I said it was a joke but why take it so serious?
I think it is. It doesn't mean that it is for others. That's surely a given? People are a bit too precious over the term joke or whatever other ones are used at times.

I said it was a joke but why take it so serious?
I think it is. It doesn't mean that it is for others. That's surely a given? People are a bit too precious over the term joke or whatever other ones are used at times.

I dunno it was just my thought about it. People are sensitive sometimes and the slightest missunderstanding leads to this kind of discussions. Anyway, its a good sign. It means whe are playing a good game ahah.

I never thought I would go back to FIFA, but I have to say that it's clearly the better game this year.

PES is a superior product in some ways. I think the passing game and the build-up resembles an actual football match far better than FIFA does, but that all counts for nothing when scoring goals isn't satisfying. I can't put my finger on it but it isn't satisfying to put the ball in the back of the net on PES, whereas FIFA feels almost perfect in that regard. There's an unpredictability factor about 15 that you used to be able to associate with past PES titles.

PES can be as beautiful as it likes in the build-up, but if it all culminates in an empty goal - an empty feeling - then it's wasted. FIFA is superior.

Back
Top Bottom