FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

I still haven't played it.

Would you say its worth playing?

I had not played it since I joined here 10 years ago.
And now I have,its a worthy game,with what I would only describe as
many PES type traits in it.Its a tactical game and IMO realistic results.
Only gripe is CPU will take ball into corner at crucial time and only a flying kung fu kick will get it back.

I had not played it since I joined here 10 years ago.
And now I have,its a worthy game,with what I would only describe as
many PES type traits in it.Its a tactical game and IMO realistic results.
Only gripe is CPU will take ball into corner at crucial time and only a flying kung fu kick will get it back.

Hmmmm, I've played every single fifa since 95, apart from 13 a lot, i know the game very well, thanks for the input, thing is you've missed ten years so i think missing out on ten years then coming back you will see the game in a fresh way rather than in my eyes who been there done that and is used to the games faults and strengths.

Its why i asked honome, me and him used to play fifa 09 online, his style is similar to mine and we both look for similar things.

Hmmmm, I've played every single fifa since 95, apart from 13 a lot, i know the game very well, thanks for the input, thing is you've missed ten years so i think missing out on ten years then coming back you will see the game in a fresh way rather than in my eyes who been there done that and is used to the games faults and strengths.

Its why i asked honome, me and him used to play fifa 09 online, his style is similar to mine and we both look for similar things.

Yes it's worth playing in my opinion. I don't play v CPU so online depends on your style of play and the type of people you pay against. Fully assisted is crap playing v 5 star teams. Better with lower star teams but manual games are great in my opinion.
In all fairness though, nobody else's opinion matters does it? Try the demo and see what you think.

damn I f***ing love Cavani playing upfront for my Lazio team he has changed us from a decent side just creeping into the champions league to title challengers he is an absolute beast in the 18yard box.spent my whole transfer budget on him in the 15/16 season summer was worth every penny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPmb4Ef93k

Last edited:
I still keep playing it as well, even I never was into FIFA a lot.
Played 09, 12 and 13 for some time, but not very often, as it hadn´t got me that much.

This year though, I´m kinda impressed by the gameplay that finally got this "anything-can-happen" feeling which usually PES had been given me the last years.

I keep playing CM with 1860 Munich (2nd Division Bundesliga) and I really enjoy it, even I have 4 new players at once with injuries after a few games only.
But that´s better than having absolutely no injury at all (someone on this forum stated that this is the case with this year´s PES, which is a killer for me) and it´s quite challenging managing your team.

Didn´t really dig UT and online gaming in general but even that keeps on growing now.

I think it´s worth trying.
When I - whose last footy game he enjoyed was PES 2014 - started playing the FIFA 15 demo on PC, I kind of was sure that this would feel like any other FIFA game I played before.

But it disabused me a lot :)

The issue i have with FIFA now since spending a week with PES is the ease to dribble past several people..pes you are forced to stop and check

Yes it's worth playing in my opinion. I don't play v CPU so online depends on your style of play and the type of people you pay against. Fully assisted is crap playing v 5 star teams. Better with lower star teams but manual games are great in my opinion.
In all fairness though, nobody else's opinion matters does it? Try the demo and see what you think.

I play only on the pc vs the ai. I cant be fucked with online. Id rather take my laptop to my mates house and play him. Online ranked is full of psycopaths. I'll have to download the demo on origin.

I've not played the game for a while, been playing the new PES, and thought I'd give it another go online.

eJpSwFk.jpg

A 9-2 win.

It was 4-1 after 20 minutes.

Sorry guys. The game is shit. In my (strong) opinion, obviously. But it's based on my experiences. It's broken. (At least, it is online.)

I hope to God they change everything next year.

Last edited:
That's why I never played FUT.It doesn't represent the fifa that I like.It's gameplay is different to the other modes.Any one who plays fifa know that.It's kids mode.

That's why I never played FUT.It doesn't represent the fifa that I like.It's gameplay is different to the other modes.Any one who plays fifa know that.It's kids mode.

It's still the same gameplay. I've played FUT, Seasons, offline, assisted, manual, and it's all pretty shit (at default settings).

I've not played the game for a while, been playing the new PES, and thought I'd give it another go online.

eJpSwFk.jpg

A 9-2 win.

It was 4-1 after 20 minutes.

Sorry guys. The game is shit. In my (strong) opinion, obviously. But it's based on my experiences. It's broken. (At least, it is online.)

I hope to God they change everything next year.

I read in the PES thread that you stated is a kiddies game. On default settings I'd agree with you but labelling it that full stop when it has different settings available is quite ridiculous.
I guess there will never be a 9-2 game of PES online then?
Anyway, people can have their opinions of whatever game they want but labeling it a kids game isn't exactly true is it? I don't see all the kids playing on full manual so I can't agree with that comment sorry.

NO WAY...it's different

How so?

I've seen the same bullshit happen in Seasons as in FUT. It might happen a little bit more in FUT, but it's still the same.

And I couldn't agree more with Chris that FIFA this year feels like a kids game - very little thought, very little skill required to succeed.

If it's fully a kids game stick them all on manual and see how they get on with it. Stupid comment in my opinion. Parts of it are for kids but not all of it so can't agree with that comment. PES on default settings is like pingpong too so cannot understand how everyone is wanking over that now.
I've had some enjoyable games on PES using the trigger all the time for manual passing (I've found out how to set it to manual without that now) but wouldn't go overboard with it like some are. It's decent. Both games are in my opinion.

Last edited:
FIFA requires little thought, little skill, hence it's a kids game is a stupid comment, and you're supposedly intelligent reply is just to force everyone to play manual. Seriously?

(And I call bullshit on PES being pingpong passing, especially on the highest difficulty. I can easily button mash my way to scoring 3+ goals in FIFA, against CPU or human opponents; I think I've scored 3 once in PES on the highest difficulty.)

I'm still loving the game against the CPU, playing online almost made me hate the game, so i'm not doing that again.

FIFA requires little thought, little skill, hence it's a kids game is a stupid comment, and you're supposedly intelligent reply is just to force everyone to play manual. Seriously?

(And I call bullshit on PES being pingpong passing, especially on the highest difficulty. I can easily button mash my way to scoring 3+ goals in FIFA, against CPU or human opponents; I think I've scored 3 once in PES on the highest difficulty.)

Who is forcing anybody? I said to fully call it a kiddies game is bollocks as due to the option of manual that statement is not true. That's pretty much a fact as far as I'm concerned.

Who mentioned scoring in any game? Pingponging is nothing to do with scoring. It's passing and I just pingponged the hell out of the ball so you can call bullshit as much as you want fella but it doesn't change the fact I just passed the ball around just like I can do on FIFA's default settings.

Who is forcing anybody? I said to fully call it a kiddies game is bollocks as due to the option of manual that statement is not true. That's pretty much a fact as far as I'm concerned.

Who mentioned scoring in any game? Pingponging is nothing to do with scoring. It's passing and I just pingponged the hell out of the ball so you can call bullshit as much as you want fella but it doesn't change the fact I just passed the ball around just like I can do on FIFA's default settings.

You seem to struggle with the fact that when the vast majority of us are talking about FIFA, we're talking about FIFA on the default settings - the base gameplay it offers and the version of the game that is marketed by EA and played by most people.

There are options to improve the FIFA experience, with sliders and passing settings, though those settings are for everyone, like myself, but regardless they only paper over the cracks and don't change the fact that the game as marketed and played by most is a simplistic, shallow, flawed, and arcade representation of football.

Calling it a kids game might be a tad harsh - a tad - but it certainly can feel like it when playing on default settings, especially online. Even at its best, it still feels like a very shallow experience.

Last edited:

PES is a table tennis game.Every pass is the same.There's no real time physics or logic in that game.Most of the situations are predetermined.All the players have the same speed on the ball.And Godin or Pique can catch the likes of Ronaldo easily thanks to the amateurish catch up mechanics. I've been playing PES more than you. So I can see that it's the same game even with the so called "new engine". PES2011 was the only game that lasted longer on PS3.After that decreased from a month to a week esp this year's game.It feels like a fresh game to you but sooner you will see what I mean. Every single 1-on-1 is the same.Keepers don't think they just stick to their line.They have a force field around them when they jump in the air. Heads are scripted. Your teammates shy away from going forward.

There are no fouls for you but CPU can get away with it.Playing 20 mins matches results in other matches be like 6-4,8-1.And you call fifa kids game? I'm sorry that I'm tired of playing a scrpted game of football that fakes individuality but using a sort of force field around players.Fifa's individuality isn't perfect but I like freedom more than scripted situations that will get repetitive the more you play.

You seem to struggle with the fact that when the vast majority of us are talking about FIFA, we're talking about FIFA on the default settings - the base gameplay it offers and the version of the game that is marketed by EA and played by most people.

There are options to improve the FIFA experience, with sliders and passing settings, though those settings are for everyone, like myself, but regardless they only paper over the cracks and don't change the fact that the game as marketed and played by most is a simplistic, shallow, flawed, and arcade representation of football.

Calling it a kids game might be a tad harsh - a tad - but it certainly can feel like it when playing on default settings, especially online. Even at its best, it still feels like a very shallow experience.

How am I struggling to understand that when I clearly said there are options there?

I said it's bollocks for somebody to fully call it a kiddies game so the one struggling to understand things is you fella as I have also clearly said the game is shit on default settings.

If it's fully a kids game stick them all on manual and see how they get on with it. Stupid comment in my opinion.
Here we go again. You play your way and enjoy it, great. The game is designed with non-manual players in mind too, and my belief is that if I need to spend hours learning how to stop myself kicking the ball out of play with a world class player then it's less of a game and more of a ballache. I don't have the time to do that. Ditch fully auto, I agree. Because it's *too* auto. Put everyone on semi. Then you're not going to see a world class player kicking the ball out of play every time he gets the ball (which is what would happen if it was me controlling him), but you'll see the passes misplaced if the aim is too far off, or in a stupid place to put a pass.

In my opinion, fully manual is akin to having a body balance stick, a button for left foot and a button for right foot, and a knee control trigger. That's my opinion. I'm glad the option is there for everyone who enjoys it, but I don't - and just because I don't enjoy it, doesn't mean the game should be written off for me. Ditch (or fix) fully auto, leave semi, make that the default.

Also. I want to play Ultimate Team because it's an online mode with some permanence and meaning. It's not endless friendlies and a set squad you can't improve. It's the only online career mode. So, for me (and others like me, who aren't the majority - which you should understand being a manual player), I'm a bit fucked. It's the only mode I'm interested in.

I guess there will never be a 9-2 game of PES online then?
Terrible argument but okay, I'll bite.

Yeah there will be a 9-2 on PES. But I'm averaging 5 goals a game on Ultimate Team, with a 10 goal thriller once a week (and that's being kind, and also excluding the games where the other guy quits once he's 3 or 4 goals down). My last five games on PES? 3-0, 2-0, 2-1, 0-1, 1-1. The gameplay is stiffer, freedom is stifled, ball physics aren't as good - as a result, the game is more realistic, it requires intelligence ahead of reflexes, and delivers realistic scorelines as a result. I'd rather have that. (My opinion.)

No doubt FIFA's good points are genuinely amazing feats of programming. But there's not enough CPU power to have those good points, plus Pro Evo's. And if FIFA's good points give me 9-2 games regularly online, what good are they really to me? Where is the satisfaction?

("So play manual then", no, read the first bit again, I shouldn't have to, and I can't play other manual players on Ultimate Team anyway...)

I'm very happy the Fifa I play is nothing like the Fifa some of you are playing, think it must be defective...
You only play offline, with sliders, on fully manual. You only see the best of the game. You lucky bastard. ;)

Here we go again. You play your way and enjoy it, great. The game is designed with non-manual players in mind too, and my belief is that if I need to spend hours learning how to stop myself kicking the ball out of play with a world class player then it's less of a game and more of a ballache. I don't have the time to do that. Ditch fully auto, I agree. Because it's *too* auto. Put everyone on semi. Then you're not going to see a world class player kicking the ball out of play every time he gets the ball (which is what would happen if it was me controlling him), but you'll see the passes misplaced if the aim is too far off, or in a stupid place to put a pass.

In my opinion, fully manual is akin to having a body balance stick, a button for left foot and a button for right foot, and a knee control trigger. That's my opinion. I'm glad the option is there for everyone who enjoys it, but I don't - and just because I don't enjoy it, doesn't mean the game should be written off for me. Ditch (or fix) fully auto, leave semi, make that the default.

Also. I want to play Ultimate Team because it's an online mode with some permanence and meaning. It's not endless friendlies and a set squad you can't improve. It's the only online career mode. So, for me (and others like me, who aren't the majority - which you should understand being a manual player), I'm a bit fucked. It's the only mode I'm interested in.

Terrible argument but okay, I'll bite.

Yeah there will be a 9-2 on PES. But I'm averaging 5 goals a game on Ultimate Team, with a 10 goal thriller once a week (and that's being kind, and also excluding the games where the other guy quits once he's 3 or 4 goals down). My last five games on PES? 3-0, 2-0, 2-1, 0-1, 1-1. The gameplay is stiffer, freedom is stifled, ball physics aren't as good - as a result, the game is more realistic, it requires intelligence ahead of reflexes, and delivers realistic scorelines as a result. I'd rather have that. (My opinion.)

No doubt FIFA's good points are genuinely amazing feats of programming. But there's not enough CPU power to have those good points, plus Pro Evo's. And if FIFA's good points give me 9-2 games regularly online, what good are they really to me? Where is the satisfaction?

("So play manual then", no, read the first bit again, I shouldn't have to, and I can't play other manual players on Ultimate Team anyway...)

You only play offline, with sliders, on fully manual. You only see the best of the game. You lucky bastard. ;)

Here we go again is exactly what I thought when you posted what you did fella. You don't like the game but for the life of me, why repeat it every few weeks. It's strange behaviour. You won't find me on the COD thread blabbing on about the same thing over and over again so give it a rest and move on and please don't come back in a few weeks and say the same type of thing again as it's boring.

Yep, I'm sensible ;)

If the only option in a football game was online I simply wouldn't play a football game, no idea why people put themselves through it, but then I'd apply that logic to any game TBH.

Here we go again is exactly what I thought when you posted what you did fella. You don't like the game but for the life of me, why repeat it every few weeks.
Why do you keep responding just as often telling everyone YOU like it so THAT'S okay? (Just as easy to turn that around.)

It's all about opinions, fella. You've said many a time you don't understand people taking the time to "moan". Why are you wasting your time to counter-moan? Because praise, or moaning, are opinion-based, and that's what a forum is for... If you find it as boring as you say, you wouldn't keep replying and/or visiting this place. That's all it's for - talk!

I try to back my opinions up. They're not based on five minute play sessions, they're based on a passion for football games (which is another opinion I know you disagree with because I've seen you write "how can people talk so much about a football game, it's only a game" repeatedly).

I do that to incite discussion, and occasionally in the hope that others agree (so that maybe there's hope the title will change in the future, if a lot of the fanbase agree), or in-case there's a workaround (perhaps if I play a fully manual game online I'll enjoy it, which I haven't done, and shouldn't have to - it means I can't play an online mode with permanence for a start, unless I want to put myself at a massive disadvantage - but I've bought the game and love the ball physics etc. so if there's a way I can enjoy it, I'll try it).

Yep, I'm sensible ;)

If the only option in a football game was online I simply wouldn't play a football game, no idea why people put themselves through it, but then I'd apply that logic to any game TBH.
The joy of outwitting someone (as opposed to a limited AI) is great, in my book. But that only counts when you're actually outwitting someone as opposed to out-glitching them or out-reflexing them, or beating them because you know the code better than the sport. There are frameworks that lessen those things - I'm not feeling cheated online in PES (YET!!) and it doesn't happen in Football Manager.

I don't understand how you can only play offline, there's only so much AI can do - but it's each to their own and while there's no online manager mode, I'm glad it's there!

CBA
Pretty sure my opinions aren't based over 5 mins either and I reckon I've years on you but yes, it is just a bloody game and I understand people saying whatever but saying it repeatedly is crazy. What's the point? I just responded to crap saying its a kiddies game when I'm certainly not a kid so call bullshit on that.

Back
Top Bottom