FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

im going to sound like a broken record here but WHY WHY WHY does the AI always have to score in the 90th minute?

they have maybe 2 chances the whole game your 2-1 up you hit the post, bar, their keeper saves it, cleared off the line ect then soon as it hits 88mins+ you cant pass and your players dont respond to your inputs and they score it really is rage inducing

I mean if it happened 2/3 times a season ok fair enough but its going on every other game I really wish I could speak to a EA dev and ask them why they put this in to happen so regularly

Last edited:
im going to sound like a broken record here but WHY WHY WHY does the AI always have to score in the 90th minute?

they have maybe 2 chances the whole game your 2-1 up you hit the post, bar, their keeper saves it, cleared off the line ect then soon as it hits 88mins+ you cant pass and your players dont respond to your inputs and they score it really is rage inducing

I mean if it happened 2/3 times a season ok fair enough but its going on every other game I really wish I could speak to a EA dev and ask them why they put this in to happen so regularly
It's called scripting.
Don't be mad, just embrace it.

Obviously as soon as I get the information that the AI is becoming super attacking I become super defending and then just leave a fast forward up front and try to hit them with the long ball, I'd say I outscore the AI in last 10 minute goals at least 5-1 if not more so.

Just got to love the commentary in this game at times. Alan Smith was babbling on about the game I was playing probably ending in a 0-0 draw..........I was winning 2-0 at the time lol...bless him.

They almost never score in the 90th minute against me.

im playing on legendary are you guys too? maybe its my ability thats not good enough to fight off the CPU in the last 10 minutes I do set it to defensive/park the bus and make sure I use subs for tired players

but there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the AI has boosts at 45min and 90min mark as proved on soccergaming by modders

maybe the better players dont notice it since they are either 2 or 3 goals ahead ect in the 25 career mode games I have played in serie a I would say 18 of them have had last minute goals from the AI

anyway still loving the game heres a couple I scored in career mode during the last 5 games im sitting in 4th at the minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgYR6p3-fuI

Last edited:
might just have to up my game then .just brought sokratis in jan to try shore up the backline I think I may get it on my pc for the mods really enjoyed messing around with creation master and rev mod on fifa 14 pc

I play WC with default sliders and I learned to defend properly. I might concede a goal late in the game but it has never been a rule for me. Sometimes I´m the one who scores, because the CPU gets too agressive and forgets defense, wich I love. I just finished my season with Barnsley at League One and won the title, with the best defense. My GK was the also considered the best, but it was mostly because of me playing good defense.

Also, I keep reading that AI doesn´t shoot, doesn´t cross etc. That ain´t true. I defend in a way close to my box that CPU usually can´t find those "drible and shoot solutions". They used too, but its amazing how CPU had to change the approach as I changed mine. They now almost always are draged to the lines and their only solution is to cross. Also, not on all games but a good amount of, I´ve seen long range shots and even a couple goals from outside the box.

I was amazed with how soon people started messing with sliders. Some are respected members who know what are looking for. But others didn´t even tried diferent approaches to gameplay. I´ve had all types of matches and stats. I had some rare matches where CPU didn´t put a ball in my box, believe it or not. I even had a match a couple days, where CPU ended with 53% passing accuracy. Rare thing, but happened. Usually they finish between 65% and 85%, in a perfect balance for me.

Last edited:
Playing CM as Liverpool, i'm in the League cup final still in F.A.cup and 3rd in the league new transfer window for January and i get offers for Super Mario and Sturridge, i get told to ask between £21m - 52m for Sturridge so i go for the max, he says he wants to leave, Barca say 52m is too much so they go away, next thing i get a message from the board saying he's been sold for 19m to Barca and the originally offered 31m. WTF? Then the C@@ts go and sell Super Mario for 18m to Stoke City when other teams were offering 30m. Also is there any way to stop the Goalkeeper kit clash? If i play in Liverpool's Yellow away kit against Sunderland you can bet their keeper has a yellow fucking kit on.

i read alot on reddit and the advice of always save your career mode before important events rings true, you could maybe go back and accept the original offers if you have a save?

do any of you lads know if this its possible in career mode like older fifa games to move a controller to the AI side? and change their line ups ect I have done something stupid and left a created player who is like a 90+ in PSG's squad lol only made him to wind up my mate when we played vs online with custom squads

ALmost a great game for me, does everything well except variation in the cpu play. Seeing a couple cross field passes every other game is starting to grate with me now after playing for over 100 hours, just when I think I've found the right combination of sliders/tactics/instructions, nothing ever sticks. If the team tactics worked 100% it would have had it all.
The thing that gets me is that the game does have this stuff in there, if the cpu is losing last five minutes they go long ball, just seems there's no way to make teams have greatly varying styles from the first whistle. Sliders, tactics, custom ini's none of them seem to work.
Watching the video's of Pes 2015 just highlight this even more. The variation in passes by the cpu puts Fifa to shame, long, short, forwards, backwards and most tellingly airbourne, I don't play online so for me to be satisfied as a single player, team and player id is needed, I can only see Huddlestone burst into the box after playing a 1-2 on the edge of my area so many times, even though he's instruction is to always stay back.
Find myself excited for Pes release now because of these factors, which is disappointing, cause I'm not sure why it is Fifa is failing on what should be the fundamentals of a football game, I guess the single player experience doesn't bring in the money like the online side of the game.
Not bashing Fifa at all, it real is a very, very good game, which in some ways makes it's failings more apparent, it's the total package but it just feels to clinical, nothing has ever made me as emotional as scoring a winner with Burchet in ML on Superstar level.

hmm career mode noticed a bug not seen mentioned before

im playing in serie a and around march i checked other league tables i noticed chelsea were in 7th with 6 losses in EPL and bayern were 5th in their league about 12 points off

so anyway come the end of the season i qualified for the champions league and checked other tables again to see the teams i could meet and see chelsea finished 1st but with only 4 losses?! and bayern wont their league by around 12 points nice one EA

Just re-visting a month in: with Placebo's sliders (thanks!) I'm still having a lot of fun in Career Mode.

Scoring some crackers, the sliders really make the game more fun - especially shooting. Legendary is the way to go, I get beat sometimes but generally feel reasonably in control.

Will try PES demo, but doubt it'll impress me as much on PC, which is all I have these days.

finished 3rd in serie a with lazio first season leaked alot of goals but my firepower upfront saved us so many times had a great battle with Inter and Napoli for 3/4 place went to the last day of the season and i scored in the 95th minute against sampdoria after holding on all game to win 1-0 felt great

signed marchisio and chiellini 2nd season despite both being 29/30 I went for experience and wanted more italian players.Once I secure a league title I will start building a young strong team with these guys around it

2nd season so far has been so so tough the AI have really stepped it up played 4 drawn 2 lost 2 not the start I wanted anyone else had that where the AI seem alot harder 2nd season or is it just me? still not giving up on winning the league.I have to say the transfers on my CM have been perfect Man City sold aguero to real madrid but replaced him with cavani also juventus replaced marchisio,chiellini with hummels and oscar and looking around the leagues in edit player although most teams havent done alot of transfer they seem better than my liverpool CM hamsik to liverpool,dzeko to dortmund ect and kept their best players higuain still at napoli,suarez at barca even see newcastle signed joel campbell and arsenal replaced him with gio dos santos which might be considered strange i guess

Last edited:
It probably isn't beyond the realms of feasibility, but you're far more likely to be able to build a development team from within than from without. Unfortunately, despite the problems with current football games, they are technically impressive. There is a reason why there aren't many Kickstarters for sports sims but plenty for almost every other genre. You'd have to get a -very- long way before it will be worth it and work needs to be done in a wide variety of areas (animation, physics, ai, networking etc.) Even if you're relatively successful in making a game, you eventually come up against a wall of costs (motion capture, licenses) that make the sports sim market a monopoly despite the genre's popularity.

I've thought about working on something myself for a long time, but I am limited hugely when it comes to modelling and animation, and the latter is extremely important for FIFA.

Then focus on the gameplay in lieu of animations/licenses/fluff.

Seriously I'd play something that looked like WE 2002 if it offered the most realistic simulation of football.

Imagine the depth if all the effort was put into physics, collisions, player individuality, tactical differences...

53766-World_Soccer_Winning_Eleven_2002_(Japan)-3.jpg

Then focus on the gameplay in lieu of animations/licenses/fluff.

Seriously I'd play something that looked like WE 2002 if it offered the most realistic simulation of football.

Imagine the depth if all the effort was put into physics, collisions, player individuality, tactical differences...

This is reasonable only up to a point, because in truth it's hard to divorce animation from all of those things.

Making a ball move around realistically is fairly simple. Making an animation system which can cope with the free movement of that ball is hard. You mention collisions, but making getting believable interactions/contact between players is again, hugely dependent on animation.

You could argue that things like graphics, and licenses have nothing to do with gameplay, but animation is absolutely core to gameplay in a sports simulation.

Last edited:
...You could argue that things like graphics, and licenses have nothing to do with gameplay, but animation is absolutely core to gameplay in a sports simulation.

I agree. It's one of the reasons why I haven't had an issue with some of the goalkeeper mistakes I would see on PES from a philosophy perspective...but the animations were not good enough to represent that the keeper was beaten because of a good reason. Instead, it just looked like the goalkeepers were stupid. There's probably some coding/logic issues here too but I think if you can have enough animations to deal with a multitude of scenarios, then you can aim for a free ball concept which delivers scenarios with a wide variety of outcomes.

This is reasonable only up to a point, because in truth it's hard to divorce animation from all of those things.

Making a ball move around realistically is fairly simple. Making an animation system which can cope with the free movement of that ball is hard. You mention collisions, but making getting believable interactions/contact between players is again, hugely dependent on animation.

You could argue that things like graphics, and licenses have nothing to do with gameplay, but animation is absolutely core to gameplay in a sports simulation.

So would animations on a scale with this be unrealistic for an Indie developer?

YouTube - WE2002 (PSX) - UEFA champions league 2012-2013 - Contiene callnames.

I've never designed a game so obviously being very naive here. Just interested really. From what I've read it's mostly the AI which provides the greatest headache.

I think a small studio could definitely produce a decent football simulation though.

The best cricket game produced was recently made by Big Ant Studios. They're an experienced outfit, but pale in sized compared to the established developers. Yet, Don Bradman's Cricket is so much more in-depth then anything EA or Codemasters were ever able to come up with. As is their Rugby game.

It's achievable, but probably lacks the demand that would justify the investment it would require.

It's achievable, but probably lacks the demand that would justify the investment it would require.
I think if the public was asked if they were interested in a third football game that concentrated on realism, there'd be a resounding yes. But there's a difference between turning that enthusiasm into enough cash to create the game, or a better game the next time. Especially if all of that money goes towards the gameplay and not the graphics or the licenses.

It'd be heaven to me, but it would be enough to put the majority off, I reckon.

Saying that, I guess the sales of PES 2015 will be an indicator of that. I'll be interested to see how many people are available to play online next week, compared to FIFA 15.

The 'thrid' football game would be like i said before, something developed by a decent sized game studio with motion capture studio. It would be like an extension of Football Manager, instead, 'football player' where the gameplay is a dedicated simulation of the sport entirely.

Also i look at the game 'Lords of Football'. Thats still a very good idea and that could still be a game people would love to play, issue there is they didn't work nearly enough on the match gameplay, it was shit, even for an independent studio, a game like that needs to keep it's head down and work hard on recreating a match simulation just like shown about in ISS Pro Evolution 2 which is still arguably the best Football game ever released by Konami, better than PES 5 and 6.

I guess game modes is another issue, if it was a small project it would be just the one focus. Some would want that be-a-single-player style of game where you take a youth player through the ranks and become a superstar, which would be great online if you played in teams full of other players. There's a lot of dedication needed for that though (although there's ways around it by having AI fill in the blanks).

However, what I'd love to see is an online manager mode. Play as the whole team, traditional-style. Real transfers. Hyper realistic gameplay.

With a small budget it wouldn't be possible to do both of those.

Still, I can't help but think there must be a millionaire games lover somewhere who would throw money at the thought of a super realistic football game (for his own enjoyment) that could potentially turn out to be a good investment as well.

A man can dream.

However, what I'd love to see is an online manager mode. Play as the whole team, traditional-style. Real transfers. Hyper realistic gameplay.

With a small budget it wouldn't be possible to do both of those.

I mentioned this to Jimmy but sounds like you'd also be interested.

There's a site that offers competitive leagues for both PES and FIFA that uses it's own economy. Only one of each player exists in the world, and you have to bid for them amongst other teams.

The use of wages on higher rated players mean you won't come up against Messi, Ronaldo, or anyone rated above 85 generally.

Will PM you the link.

Back
Top Bottom