FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Offline, with sliders, I've got to admit it's been a bit of a sensation for me. But I didn't buy it to play online, I didn't really have an interest in playing the CPU (if it was 2vCPU yes, but I don't live with friends and there's no online way of doing this).

I'm just gutted that there's a great game there with sliders that you can't experience online. If EA's theory is "don't mess with a winning (arcade) formula", why don't they offer two options when playing online - REALISTIC or FUN FUN FUN - and we'll see which one has more players after a few weeks...

I think I'll be playing FIFA against the CPU and PES online (where I'm hoping the winners are the guys with the better footballing brains and not button-spammers and glitch-finders, but I'm hoping against hope really aren't I - at least the Ultimate Team rip-off they're doing sounds more interesting).

I still enjoy that game as well.

Been playing around with the Ultimate team quite much and played a few offline seasons and offline tournaments to get some coins in order to buy a few better players.

Played 2 - 3 FUT online matches and didn´t enjoy them at all.
Opponents had players like Bale, Benzema and some other star players against me and I couldn´t stand a chance as it was too hard to defend against them.
The strongest player I have is Defoe.
Thinking of playing offline until my team is strong enough but somehow I doubt I´ll have more fun then.

Offline is still very enjoyable, I like the career mode a lot.

The only online matches I enjoyed where regular ones, season wise with Bayern Munich.
I don´t really get how to play online by selecting any team I want.
There is only Bayern Munich, as I set that as my fav team.

this game is broken after this or the latest updates. you dont even have to run around the defence, just run at the cpu's defence, they just staring like cows. and i dont want to imagine whats going on online. bye bye FIFA

Guys just a quick one can you sign legends in other modes then fut?? Like in career mode or whatever fifas master l equivalent is or are then only available in fut

thanks

Guys just a quick one can you sign legends in other modes then fut?? Like in career mode or whatever fifas master l equivalent is or are then only available in fut

thanks
Only in Ultimate Team. (Which is only on the Xbox I think?)

this game is broken after this or the latest updates. you dont even have to run around the defence, just run at the cpu's defence, they just staring like cows. and i dont want to imagine whats going on online. bye bye FIFA

on what system and what AI level does this happen? I am away with work so havent tried the new patch yet.

If you have a PS4 can you please capture a video demonstrating running straight through the defence, preferably on world class level or above

Is it me or is manual less manual than years past? I hadn't played manual fulltime in years but this year, I'm playing manual online matches and it's not near as frustrating or difficult to play pretty football with manual.

Manual seasons has been a great experience for me. Def the way to go, if you can get a match. I actually was up till 4am playing manual seasons because I kept getting matches. It's weird 'cause earlier at 6pm local time I couldn't get a single match. Go figure.

This game certainly shines with manual v manual, but the worst issues are still there, they're just muted. It's much much easier to keep clean sheets in manual matches but the defensive system, the AI and the mechanics, are still shit. Still, the good outweighs the bad.

Maybe I'll give offline another go with full manual since manual isn't as hard as I remember and I might not need to gimp the CPU and slow the game down too much.

on what system and what AI level does this happen? I am away with work so havent tried the new patch yet.

If you have a PS4 can you please capture a video demonstrating running straight through the defence, preferably on world class level or above

This was already a problem, and it's one of the reasons why I gave up on playing offline - cause the CPU defensive AI (and defensive AI in general) is so poor.

Here's two videos in which I go end to end without the CPU attempting a single tackle. Both are on Legendary. I guess you could blame the easy counter-attacking play on assisted passing settings but this is still shockingly poor defending by the CPU.

YouTube - FIFA 15 Atl Madrid So easy to rip apart CPU defense, not one attempt at tackle made

YouTube - FIFA 15 Soooo much space on counter attack, CBs let striker through on easy 1 2

Any slider settings on these videos?
Shit I´m so glad I don´t notice these things on my game. They might be there, maybe a couple times in certain matches. But for sure its not a regular thing. Playing on World Class and the challenge is big enough.

I don't know whether I've ever really subscribed to manual becoming 'more manual' or 'less manual', because to me that suggests that EA are somehow assisting manual, which I don't really believe. At the same time, as the game has changed manual has certainly become easier if you compare it to how it was five years ago. This is probably a combination of me being more experienced and the game becoming (a little) less hectic.

It's kind of sad that manual is defined by so many people as a difficulty, because really, all that manual should mean is that the AI isn't taking over the direction of your passes.

Online seasons, I'm enjoying it bar one staggering bug, running straight into your opponents box from kickoff unchallenged is probably the most deeply frustrating flaw in the entire game.

Any slider settings on these videos?
Shit I´m so glad I don´t notice these things on my game. They might be there, maybe a couple times in certain matches. But for sure its not a regular thing. Playing on World Class and the challenge is big enough.

That's with everything at default settings, Legendary difficulty. Those two videos, as well as all the others I posted shortly after the game came out, is why I quit playing single player. Just too much bad AI leading to too many easy goals.

I might try going back with playing manual, and maybe on World Class, to see if that gives me joy.

Funnily enough I noticed the opposite as mentioned in a few posts here :)

What, you're finding manual more difficult this year?

I don't know whether I've ever really subscribed to manual becoming 'more manual' or 'less manual', because to me that suggests that EA are somehow assisting manual, which I don't really believe. At the same time, as the game has changed manual has certainly become easier if you compare it to how it was five years ago. This is probably a combination of me being more experienced and the game becoming (a little) less hectic.

It's kind of sad that manual is defined by so many people as a difficulty, because really, all that manual should mean is that the AI isn't taking over the direction of your passes.

Huh, I found manual too frustrating several years ago, which is why I switched back to assisted and semi. For whatever reason, manual seems much easier to me this year.

Part of this is I might have switched off manual back before tactical defending was introduced, so maybe a big factor is that you have more time on the ball now?

But I don't know why it's sad that manual is connected with difficulty. Not having the AI assistance certainly makes things more difficult. What I find frustrating is people define manual as being more realistic.

Last edited:
What, you're finding manual more difficult this year?

Difficult wouldn't be the word, but less assisted yes.

The one very disappointing thing I'm noticing, perhaps because I've been using passing error 0-20 for myself that after a few years where weak foot simulation has been improved a lot 15 seems to not care much about which foot you're making even complex passes with, will try:

AVOIDS_USING_WEAKER_FOOT = 500
PHYSICAL_AVOIDS_USING_WEAKER_FOOT = 800

From Fidel's Fifa 14 CL.ini, perhaps if it works it will essentially give all players the avoids weak foot trait to encourage them to only use their strong foot when possible.

Difficult wouldn't be the word, but less assisted yes.

Huh, interesting. Maybe my impression is different this year because I'm playing online; maybe if I try manual offline I'd have a similar impression than previous years.

The one very disappointing thing I'm noticing, perhaps because I've been using passing error 0-20 for myself that after a few years where weak foot simulation has been improved a lot 15 seems to not care much about which foot you're making even complex passes with, will try:

AVOIDS_USING_WEAKER_FOOT = 500
PHYSICAL_AVOIDS_USING_WEAKER_FOOT = 800

From Fidel's Fifa 14 CL.ini, perhaps if it works it will essentially give all players the avoids weak foot trait to encourage them to only use their strong foot when possible.

Funny (and disappointing) too is that improved weak foot, especially in dribbling, was a pre-release advertisement for 15. I've hardly seen its impact.

Another pre-release promoted feature that I've hardly noticed is the improved sliding tackling in which you retain possession. They made a big deal about it pre-release and I've rarely noticed it.

Online seasons, I'm enjoying it bar one staggering bug, running straight into your opponents box from kickoff unchallenged is probably the most deeply frustrating flaw in the entire game.

That's not a bug. You can't stop people attempting it but you can certainly tackle them and take the ball of them easily enough. The fools try most games but I just drop off and take the ball of them. It certainly is annoying that they attempt it but I constantly find myself shouting down the Kinect at them telling them not to be so stupid and to give me my ball back. Just drop and don't home in on them straight from the kick off. Works for me.

That's not a bug. You can't stop people attempting it but you can certainly tackle them and take the ball of them easily enough. The fools try most games but I just drop off and take the ball of them. It certainly is annoying that they attempt it but I constantly find myself shouting down the Kinect at them telling them not to be so stupid and to give me my ball back. Just drop and don't home in on them straight from the kick off. Works for me.

It's not a bug. But it is another example of the poor programming and unbalanced gameplay leading to an exploit... which is why so many people are doing it.

It is pretty easy to stop though... unless it's friggin Ronaldo.

Oh yeah believe me, I'm dropping off alright, is not every occasion when they get through but when they do, it's usually because of dormant AI letting attackers run past them while your urgently switching to the appropriate defender. And I don't cross paths with Ronaldo Madrid anymore. Since locking my matchmaking to 4 star teams the online had been far more enjoyable.

Oh yeah believe me, I'm dropping off alright, is not every occasion when they get through but when they do, it's usually because of dormant AI letting attackers run past them while your urgently switching to the appropriate defender. And I don't cross paths with Ronaldo Madrid anymore. Since locking my matchmaking to 4 star teams the online had been far more enjoyable.

Are you playing manual? Finding matches okay with only 4 star teams?

okay sorry it was the result of the speed +acceleration sliders mix:CONFUSE:

Yeah, I'm now remembering why I stopped playing manual: manual makes the easy passes hard and the hard passes easy. I can hit a 40-yard diagonal through pass on the ground easier than I can hit a guy 10 yards away.

There's almost no benefit to bother with a short passing game. It's too risky. In fact, a lot of online manual matches descend into just who's better at hitting the long through passes.

Im hearing that there are now less CPU fouls since the update (nooo). Can anyone here confirm this?

I've had quite the opposite experience. Have played several matches since the update (using Matt10's sliders/15 min/WC) and many have ended up with the level of fouls/cards in the pic below (I was Newcastle). One game had 14 yellows and a red handed out.

IMG_20141020_152641_413a.jpg

I've had quite the opposite experience. Have played several matches since the update (using Matt10's sliders/15 min/WC) and many have ended up with the level of fouls/cards in the pic below (I was Newcastle). One game had 14 yellows and a red handed out.

IMG_20141020_152641_413a.jpg

Tackle/foul/card stats we've all been crying out for for a long time!

That's with everything at default settings, Legendary difficulty. Those two videos, as well as all the others I posted shortly after the game came out, is why I quit playing single player. Just too much bad AI leading to too many easy goals.

I might try going back with playing manual, and maybe on World Class, to see if that gives me joy.

Like I said, I don´t seem to see these happening in my career mode. Don´t know why people are having these. At least for me I find it hard to break through defense.

Are you playing manual? Finding matches okay with only 4 star teams?
Nope, assisted. Yeah the 4 star teams are just a better balance of decent players and less speed whoring. I still occasionally get matched against some pricks who try the ping pong, Sprint and lofty tactics but they're far easier to shut down when they're not spamming Ronaldo and Bale.

Ok, if you are so good in the game show me a video on legendary and default sliders and no ini edit that you have 25 tackles on the CPU...

Back
Top Bottom