FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Ok, i really don't remember your old time posts criticizing the game, but reading only your recent posts i honestly have the impression that you works at EA since you defend them (and specially Fifa) with so much passion.

I defend them with a passion? Because my recent posts have said I don't have an issue with defending? Fuck me.
I think the game is an absolute farce on assisted settings. That's not defending them with a passion is it?
What else do I say to defend them with a passion? Enlighten me please.

Still loving fifa15 and also having no issues defending.fully manual-world class..

Takes me back to the old ISS 2000 days back on the n64..happy as a pig in shit!

Also love tearing assisted players a new one with my brand of manual football...assisted players don't know what there missing!

They can't score if I've got the ball and there chasing my shadows.

Still loving fifa15 and also having no issues defending.fully manual-world class..

Takes me back to the old ISS 2000 days back on the n64..happy as a pig in shit!

Also love tearing assisted players a new one with my brand of manual football...assisted players don't know what there missing!

They can't score if I've got the ball and there chasing my shadows.

If your enjoying Fifa so much maybe you should stop drawing on walls.

Getting my popcorn and waiting for all the clique in here to have a dig at Placebo and Banksy because they've basically said the same as me. Or am I the only one to get quoted and told to give it a rest/shut up because I was the first (or one of) to say I don't have an issue with defending?!
Guess I'm not the only one on forums who doesn't have an issue with it afterall ;)

If I had a player run at me in real life, they should be able to take me on quite often. If I stand my ground, don't dive in and time my tackle then I will have my fair share of dispossessions. Just the same in this game. I honestly couldn't give a toss what other peoples experiences are. These are the experiences that I am having. It's nothing out of the ordinary IMO. I'm very sorry this upsets you, annoys you or whatever it is doing to you to make you constantly quote my opinion. Stupid comments about me playing for money still doesn't change my opinion of how I handle the defending. I was talking one on one on this occasion. Nothing else and I do ok at it. There will be times I'm run rings around. Other times I'll tackle the opposition every single time. Other times it's 50/50, 60/40 or whatever. Personally, I'm not having or seeing a massive issue. Is that so fucking hard to understand? Could that change in the future? Quite possibly but for now I don't have an issue. It's my experience. Nobody else's. I accept you and loads others have an issue but I don't and there others who have stated the same. Go off and quote them now as I'm bored of you constantly quoting me. Get over it. I'm happy with the game, you aren't. Leave it at that.
I have no interest in posting any videos either. It's common bloody sense to me.

This isn't an invitation for an essay from you or multiple video clips to be posted up as I don't care. I pick the game up, I have a few games, I enjoy them (I defend pretty well) and I've had a bit of fun. It's a game and I get out of it what I need. A release from the crap going on. Cheers.

So let me get this straight: essentially you don't give a shit what anyone else says, you don't give a toss about other people's experiences, and you're not interested in participating in a discussion about other people's opinions, especially when those people are interested in backing up their opinions with actual proof.

You have a rather odd way of participating in a discussion forum.

(Not too mention you seem to keep missing the point that being able to defend competently isn't the same as the game not having glaring defensive errors. And you being able to defend well online playing manual has nothing to do with the CPU AI failing grossly at times in single player. Or that playing assisted - the way the VAST majority of people play - is an entirely different experience from manual. Or that 1-on-1 defensive mechanics are only one part of the issue - just as much an issue is the poor AI, teammate awareness, spacing, tactical instructions not working properly, keeper flaws, ets.)

Last edited:
Count me in.
Also got no issues with defending.
Struggled a bit at first but got it quite well now.
tactical defending, standard sliders, professional.

So let me get this straight: essentially you don't give a shit what anyone else says, you don't give a toss about other people's experiences, and you're not interested in participating in a discussion about other people's opinions, especially when those people are interested in backing up their opinions with actual proof.

You have a rather odd way of participating in a discussion forum.

I don't care what others think about me not having an issue with defending. My opinion is what counts to me. Just like yours is to you. I've said it's a shame it bothers you and others but I'm not going to let it bother me one bit. I accept you can post a video up where something bugs you too. It's a game FFS and will never be perfect. You and others can keep banging on and on about the issues you are having but it won't change anything. I said I'm still not having an issue a few weeks after it was last mentioned but every single time I get you chirping back at me. You can still discuss things and not actually care what somebody else thinks you know. I have a different opinion to you. I don't need to post videos. I don't need proof. I'll just carry on playing the game and enjoy it... because I do! I don't jump on your posts every time you post so just ignore my little comment saying I'm still not bothered by defending instead of coming back with your smartass 'you should be making money from gaming comment'. It's boring and pathetic.
I then get absolute bollock comments about working for EA just because something doesn't bother me and I'm not having issues with bloody defending because I'm not! I hadn't posted in here for a long time before 15 came out and only said defending isn't an issue to me and then I have to read crap saying all I do is defend EA. I'm still waiting for everything I defend them about. He'll be looking for a while though as my comments have basically been...
Defending isn't an issue to me
Assisted settings is a joke
I couldn't give a toss about Nets, boots and sock tape
If that means I defend EA then I guess I'm guilty but it doesn't though does it so what a stupid comment that was! No offence but it was ridiculous!
So if I come back in a months time and respond to somebody that I'm still not having issues with the defending, let's just leave it there shall we? Iechyd da.

Don't use sliders just default settings and for me it's pretty much on the money the defending,just as pu6hy rightly States...timing,positional awareness and matching the steps of the opposing ball carrier..lunges should be easily turned and seeing danger earlier and making the right adjustments with cursor control is key.

For me there's not a huge amount to criticise this year...no games ever going to perfect but as a digital footie player going back almost 3 decades..I've little to complain about.

There should be some error and your never going to always get it right..that's footie..a world ruled by chaos or a unpredictable ball of air with many pitching variables.

Last edited:
My only critique now of ea is that they need to outsource there player face and modelling to pes productions...pes productions have forgotten what gameplay actually means and could probably do with the work after this years abomination flops.

Eas game provides a wealth and depth of control..

Always the laughing stock of the purists ea,how the tables have turned..a company for me right on top of there game and the last two years Fifa has been pretty dam good.

Last edited:
Never really enjoyed Fifa games like this one. Played 11 or 12 a lot I think. But always that "meh".

I play on World Class no slider settings apart from first touch error for CPU and USER.

Having a blast and to me, this is the most realistic defending in a soccer game ever. It makes us think, not rush, and once we notice, we´re doing the same things the we should do in real life soccer. Yes its a videogame and its not perfect sim, but damn its a blast when I win a tough match.
People complain, and I understand why, I had the same feeling after a couple matches. Now I´m loving this game but sad when others don´t believe how good this one is... I might upload some clips next time I play.

Last match I had was against Sporting, wich is in 3rd place of Portuguese League (in game). I won the match with a luky own goal, and 80 mins of Park the Bus mixed with a good amount of luck too. But I could keep positioning enough to make them shoot from distance and miss some close chances. Fantastic win! Totally not deserved, but felt sooo good!

Never really enjoyed Fifa games like this one. Played 11 or 12 a lot I think. But always that "meh".

I play on World Class no slider settings apart from first touch error for CPU and USER.

Having a blast and to me, this is the most realistic defending in a soccer game ever. It makes us think, not rush, and once we notice, we´re doing the same things the we should do in real life soccer. Yes its a videogame and its not perfect sim, but damn its a blast when I win a tough match.
People complain, and I understand why, I had the same feeling after a couple matches. Now I´m loving this game but sad when others don´t believe how good this one is... I might upload some clips next time I play.

Last match I had was against Sporting, wich is in 3rd place of Portuguese League (in game). I won the match with a luky own goal, and 80 mins of Park the Bus mixed with a good amount of luck too. But I could keep positioning enough to make them shoot from distance and miss some close chances. Fantastic win! Totally not deserved, but felt sooo good!

Exactly. I hope EA don't go back to the mindless systems of yore, and that Konami go this route too.

Last edited:
And there's another one above not having issues. Go off and give them earache now. Nice one.

I don't really get why you keep harping on this "not having issues." This isn't about competency. This is about flaws in the game, flaws that I and others have shown with clear video examples (which you conveniently choose to not watch).

This isn't about "having issues." I give as much as I take online. I get toasted sometimes in 1-on-1 instances, and toast others plenty; I concede loads of cheap bullshit goals, and I score loads of cheap bullshit goals. I play on Legendary and I win more than I lose.

Like I've said, over and over and over, 1-on-1 defending is only one aspect of it. You can bury your head in the sand and avoid the issues, but the issues are there.

Plus, almost everyone here who "doesn't have issues" is either playing with sliders or manual or on a lower difficulty setting. There are ways to mitigate the worst of the game's flaws, but the flaws exist, and they make for an unbalanced affair in favor of attack.

The core of this game is fantastic, but it's wickedly affected by some severe flaws that are present unless you adjust your control scheme or use sliders or utilize tweaks only available to PC players. The game at default has defensive issues, it's not about competency, and it's more than the 1-on-1 mechanics.

If someone doesn't believe there's issues, then go back and explain the videos I and others have posted in a way that shifts blame away from the game. Otherwise, the proof is the proof.

My only critique now of ea is that they need to outsource there player face and modelling to pes productions...pes productions have forgotten what gameplay actually means and could probably do with the work after this years abomination flops.

Eas game provides a wealth and depth of control..

Always the laughing stock of the purists ea,how the tables have turned..a company for me right on top of there game and the last two years Fifa has been pretty dam good.

Agree with that -- faces and bodies. For me they're like the elephant in the room when I'm playing FIFA 15.

It's amazing to me how so many people do not see that the defending is completely Man-Marking based. Just take some time in replay and see how the players stare right at their mark, and follow their path all the way through.

I wouldn't call it realistic defending at all. It is realistic in the sense that you have to be super aware and oddly enough, stick skills in defense are more important than ever. From switching to a player to block the passing lanes, to another where they are pressuring the dribbler with secondary pressure option - all while not trying to lose your "shape" so your defenders don't get ADD (Attention Deficit Defending).

But seriously, not to burst anyone's bubble, if EA fixed the defending from being Man-Marking to Zonal-Marking (+ a little Man marking) - we would then see truly what this game, out of the box, has to offer.

For the record, as can be seen in my many posts in the sliders thread, I absolutely love this game this year. It really has the foundation in place - now the execution just needs to hit the target a bit more.

I don't really get why you keep harping on this "not having issues." This isn't about competency. This is about flaws in the game, flaws that I and others have shown with clear video examples (which you conveniently choose to not watch).

This isn't about "having issues." I give as much as I take online. I get toasted sometimes in 1-on-1 instances, and toast others plenty; I concede loads of cheap bullshit goals, and I score loads of cheap bullshit goals. I play on Legendary and I win more than I lose.

Like I've said, over and over and over, 1-on-1 defending is only one aspect of it. You can bury your head in the sand and avoid the issues, but the issues are there.

Plus, almost everyone here who "doesn't have issues" is either playing with sliders or manual or on a lower difficulty setting. There are ways to mitigate the worst of the game's flaws, but the flaws exist, and they make for an unbalanced affair in favor of attack.

The core of this game is fantastic, but it's wickedly affected by some severe flaws that are present unless you adjust your control scheme or use sliders or utilize tweaks only available to PC players. The game at default has defensive issues, it's not about competency, and it's more than the 1-on-1 mechanics.

If someone doesn't believe there's issues, then go back and explain the videos I and others have posted in a way that shifts blame away from the game. Otherwise, the proof is the proof.

I've said plenty of times I'm not having issues that are bothering me. Weeks later I said I'm still not bothered by any defensive issues. I don't need your stupid comments (I've mentioned which ones) just because I said that. Give it a rest with me. Go and chew sometime else ear off now.
I'm not seeing or looking for things that are going to bug me that much. Do things bug me? Yeah. Sure they do but nothing that is going to wind me up so much. I don't want to watch any of your videos as they might get in my head and start annoying more. I deal with the defending. I accept it. Just leave it at that yeah. It bugs you loads. Gutted for you but I'm ok with how it is. Really not sure why you struggle to understand that and keep jumping down my throat? No more please. Move on to someone else who is dealing with it (as I wasn't the only one afterall) as I can't be bothered anymore with this.

All this crap because I said I'm still ok with the defending. Jeez.

It's amazing to me how so many people do not see that the defending is completely Man-Marking based. Just take some time in replay and see how the players stare right at their mark, and follow their path all the way through.

I wouldn't call it realistic defending at all. It is realistic in the sense that you have to be super aware and oddly enough, stick skills in defense are more important than ever. From switching to a player to block the passing lanes, to another where they are pressuring the dribbler with secondary pressure option - all while not trying to lose your "shape" so your defenders don't get ADD (Attention Deficit Defending).

But seriously, not to burst anyone's bubble, if EA fixed the defending from being Man-Marking to Zonal-Marking (+ a little Man marking) - we would then see truly what this game, out of the box, has to offer.

For the record, as can be seen in my many posts in the sliders thread, I absolutely love this game this year. It really has the foundation in place - now the execution just needs to hit the target a bit more.

In the main it's pretty well executed and bare in mind it's impossible to give the end user control of every player on the pitch at once so compromises have to be made somewhere..

I've pllayed pretty much every footie game that's ever graced a home console or computer and I'd like you to show me a example of where it's done better unless we are comparing Fifa now to real life.

Yes,there's always room for improvement and critique is never a bad thing...but what it does it does well and as a developer you have four different groups of people to satisfy.

It's no easy thing making a football game but I'm grateful there's atleast one game now that's representitive of 21st century gaming and football today.

For me Fifa this year is a farcry from previous efforts..it's far more skill based and has a depth and variety that I feelwas more then missing form previous years.

Is it a revolution..no,but it's light years ahead of where pes productions are and if you learn to appreciate its subtlety and variety..working the ball and being both creative and using the space and angles it's very rewarding.

There's error,individuality and loose touch..it also exists on a very free plain in the manual settings which also throws up a lot more options then a assisted game.

Does it have to pander to less skilled players and the hardcore alike..yes.

You can't make a game so exclusive to one audience that your not going to provide a bridge to the end user that demands are different form the most hardcore player.

Insanity+that+is+crazy+the+first+time+somebody+told+me_8e26f0_4330095.jpg

Playing default Fifa and not expecting it to be shit, despite sliders being able to improve so many aspects of it.

Playing online Fifa and not expecting to be against glitching, pace abusing, cheap goal scoring kids.

That's the definition of insanity to me.

Insanity+that+is+crazy+the+first+time+somebody+told+me_8e26f0_4330095.jpg

Playing default Fifa and not expecting it to be shit, despite sliders being able to improve so many aspects of it.

Playing online Fifa and not expecting to be against glitching, pace abusing, cheap goal scoring kids.

That's the definition of insanity to me.

C'mon Placebo, you ought to know better than most that at this point last year with NG FIfA 14, I was talking about it being the best football experience I'd ever had. NG FIFA 14 (last gen 14 sucked) gave me more joy and lasted longer than any FIFA prior.

That was all on Legendary, without any sliders (though I did experiment at times with very minor tweaks), and with default assisted settings.

So is it really insane to not expect a similar experience this year? Instead, I find the complete opposite. And it's almost all down to the defending, especially the AI, not being improved enough while the attacking side of the game is even more effective than last year.

NG 14 at default settings was a great experience for me, even though it had some serious defensive issues. This year it's worse, and it's just too much for me.

And I'm sorry, but sliders might improve many aspects of it for you, but they don't fix any of the issues I have with the game; the aspects that most people use sliders to change, I enjoy at default. I have zero interest in slowing the game down, or decreasing speed, for example. And I'm just not that big a fan of playing manual anymore.

But if it is insane to expect a quality experience with this game as it's designed to play at default, then that kinda says it all, doesn't it?

C'mon Placebo, you ought to know better than most that at this point last year with NG FIfA 14, I was talking about it being the best football experience I'd ever had. NG FIFA 14 (last gen 14 sucked) gave me more joy and lasted longer than any FIFA prior.

I think that must have been a fluke then because almost nobody is completely happy with vanilla Fifa, I know I'm certainly not! :)

Using matt's sliders and have a wonderful time with this game, defending is just a thing to get used to and it is how it's supposed to be, i don't recall it be much different in the other previous games but i may be wrong. Great game.( PS4)

the game is great and personally i dont have a problem with original sliders, i am now only playing with a few tweaks for my taste.

Also I wonder if people are having trouble defending using far out cams, i use dynamic full zoom, maybe its easier as you are closer to the action..just a thought i know its not everyones cup of tea

Back
Top Bottom