FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Pye, If you are winning with 4-4-2 against legendary mode good teams, then I take my hat off to you sir.

Yeah replace the the WB with some big CB and you wont concede as much from crosses, but it does sacrifice WB overlap play, but that's probably evened out with your RW and LW :)

Bought the game on pc. Its ok not bad not great. I was getting a bit bored with it waiting for a certain other game to come out thinking should I just have waited for PES. When disaster, while checking my credit card online I noticed a charge for 69.99 on my bill. Checked it and somehow I am the owner of FIFA 15 on PS4 now to. wtf. Account has not been hacked and no one else has access to my PS4 this weekend, not a pre order cause its a month after release and the worst thing no f**king refunds from PSN for digital purchases. Has anyone heard of a phantom purchase before

That sure is strange!

Anyway, about tactics, its kinda funny because after all we all are trying to win with diferent ways. I understand the CB in SB position, but its a strategic option. I trained so hard and finally I get how to defend on this game and now I consider it to be the best soccer game ever. Its beatifull when we do the correct things and start watching the CPU playing another way, simply because he is forced to. I can use SB´s to defend properly and I prefer fast small SB´s because I can risk a bit more in attack, and still recover fast enough in counters. Its just a matter of correct positioning before anything else.
Most of my games now I can cover passing lanes even on CPU counters and its so satisfying watching the CPU literally giving up fast forward plays and starting to look for other ways, like deep crossing, long shooting etc...

Its so amazing the hardness of this game because we have to battle every game, instead of beating any team after we find all the tricks to do it. CPU is realistic, smart and will exploit us if we let him. Teams also play diferent and we have to adapt, exploring each team´s weakness.

That sure is strange!

Anyway, about tactics, its kinda funny because after all we all are trying to win with diferent ways. I understand the CB in SB position, but its a strategic option. I trained so hard and finally I get how to defend on this game and now I consider it to be the best soccer game ever. Its beatifull when we do the correct things and start watching the CPU playing another way, simply because he is forced to. I can use SB´s to defend properly and I prefer fast small SB´s because I can risk a bit more in attack, and still recover fast enough in counters. Its just a matter of correct positioning before anything else.
Most of my games now I can cover passing lanes even on CPU counters and its so satisfying watching the CPU literally giving up fast forward plays and starting to look for other ways, like deep crossing, long shooting etc...

Its so amazing the hardness of this game because we have to battle every game, instead of beating any team after we find all the tricks to do it. CPU is realistic, smart and will exploit us if we let him. Teams also play diferent and we have to adapt, exploring each team´s weakness.

You are totally spot on.

I am experiencing so much variety in games. Won last game 4-2...just drew 0-0...and its true, every game is a battle because the CPU can score easier than you can.

I have one gripe though with the AI regarding lesser CPU teams, and that is when you are smashing them by a comfortable difference, they don't have any damage limitation tactic, its just they will constantly attack so the score line gets bigger. Not a big deal but maybe a future iteration will introduce this.

p.s how annoying is it when the CPU is winning or they are satisfied with a draw and they play keep ball and time wasting tactics! love it but so frustrating!

p.p.s Regarding the post about hacking, must be a messed up day cos just realised my steam account has been accessed by someone else in france:SHOCK: off topic but don't forget its free to play 10 games on steam weekend starting tomorrow.

I have one gripe though with the AI regarding lesser CPU teams, and that is when you are smashing them by a comfortable difference, they don't have any damage limitation tactic, its just they will constantly attack so the score line gets bigger. Not a big deal but maybe a future iteration will introduce this.

QUOTE]

Scratch what I just said.. just beat WBA 4-0 by 75 minutes..they agve up, parked the bus. Was so surprised!!

been posting a lot so will shush for a bit :p

QUOTE]

Scratch what I just said.. just beat WBA 4-0 by 75 minutes..they agve up, parked the bus. Was so surprised!!

been posting a lot so will shush for a bit :p

Ahaha this game has these things. Wen we see something missing, then comes a match were everything is diferent!

Last match I had I thought it would be a walk in the park, because my team is getting in form and recently I brought in some great young loans. Mother@£§@*$ CPU went all over me with hard tackling and pressing all over, I simply couldn´t cope with them and gave up the goal.
I started to risk more and they started to get tired, missing tackles more and more. Brought in 3 subs at 70th min, and kept going. It was really hard because the CPU midifield blocked all my options but after a while a cross came in and a young midfielder, who I never used to pick, but with some nice physical stats, went up for it and won the header in a tight fight with the CPU defender = 1-1. Keeper didn´t move.
Damn I screamed "YEESSSSS"!! lol and kept looking for the second goal, and despite CPU was totally exhausted, time was too litle and I couldn´t do anything. But still probably the best feeling I had in a draw...

So here is the unrealistic part. I pretty much sold my entire team to fund for 5, yes 5 defenders who can

a) Jump
b) Marking
c) Standing Tackle
D) Acceleration.

The reason I have CB for WB is simple. When the CPU crosses, if you have a small WB, he will get out jumped and they will score....

Very true!

To look on the other side:
I was borrowing Luca Toni in my Ultimate Team and that guy is a beast when it comes to headers.

He nearly won every header duel in the box with his height of 193m and heading accuracy of 89.

So going by tall defenders with a good header accuracy is definitely not unimportant.

I used to have the same opinion the last few years.

But I´m glad that FIFA 15 proved me wrong on that one.

I definitely feel a difference in playing with for example Lennon (very agile, fast) and Lampard (slower, not that agile but strong shot) and yeah, Luca Toni.
Quite inertial movement, but a header beast.
Also Defoe and Diouf play different.
Using them as ST´s.

EDIT:
Also in the Center.
Bought Huddlestone but I don´t really like playing with him. He feels kinda clumsy.
But Delph for example plays way better and also Perkins plays a lot different.

Also had weak and cheap players on the wings as defenders and invested now into Gibbs and Jones and they feel a lor more ball-winning.

So, individuality is definitely there.

Last edited:
I used to have the same opinion the last few years.

But I´m glad that FIFA 15 proved me wrong on that one.

I definitely feel a difference in playing with for example Lennon (very agile, fast) and Lampard (slower, not that agile but strong shot) and yeah, Luca Toni.
Quite inertial movement, but a header beast.
Also Defoe and Diouf play different.
Using them as ST´s.

EDIT:
Also in the Center.
Bought Huddlestone but I don´t really like playing with him. He feels kinda clumsy.
But Delph for example plays way better and also Perkins plays a lot different.

Also had weak and cheap players on the wings as defenders and invested now into Gibbs and Jones and they feel a lor more ball-winning.

So, individuality is definitely there.

so basicly its just about speed, heading and strength ...yay they added strength this year :BRMM:

rather talk about why my defending running player starts jogging after a few yards of sprint when it comes to track down the ball carrier...:JAY:

Ok thanks I'll try that.

Pressing super cancel became second nature in previous fifas because it allowed the striker to back off from a through ball that would put him offside. It seems that no longer works anymore though, you always run towards the ball even with super cancel pressed. It only seems to work for me when you don't want to chase a ball going out of play.

i have no problem with defending now, rule number one ease off the sprint button and you will just create wide open gaps. I use contain and the odd burst of speed where required.. Having some great games

i have no problem with defending now, rule number one ease off the sprint button and you will just create wide open gaps. I use contain and the odd burst of speed where required.. Having some great games

Are u using Legacy or Tatical defending? Personally im done with Tatical, it took me a long time to finally swicth from Legacy to tatical in FIFA14, but for me EA killed the tatical defending in 15, contain is shit + pulling players do nothing but easy penalties.

Defending really is a fucking joke on this game.

People fucking know it too as most of the time people just dribble at defence all the time. Defenders get confused and run round in circles like a fucking boat then they score. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Bought the game on pc. Its ok not bad not great. I was getting a bit bored with it waiting for a certain other game to come out thinking should I just have waited for PES. When disaster, while checking my credit card online I noticed a charge for 69.99 on my bill. Checked it and somehow I am the owner of FIFA 15 on PS4 now to. wtf. Account has not been hacked and no one else has access to my PS4 this weekend, not a pre order cause its a month after release and the worst thing no f**king refunds from PSN for digital purchases. Has anyone heard of a phantom purchase before

So you bought the game twice? its ok, no need to make up a story, lol

What sliders are you guys using.

Are u using Legacy or Tatical defending? Personally im done with Tatical, it took me a long time to finally swicth from Legacy to tatical in FIFA14, but for me EA killed the tatical defending in 15, contain is shit + pulling players do nothing but easy penalties.

tactical defense and air balls switching.

for me defending is only a joke when you loose concentration and hold sprint down too much, thats when defenders run off. for me they are just doing what you say. if if you back off an attacker using contain and time your tackles then there are no issues

Yep. I also find that a reserved application of the teammate press button works a well as it really should in a lot of situations if you also move the joystick while pressing in the direction the ball is travelling at the opponents feet.

Defending really is a fucking joke on this game.

People fucking know it too as most of the time people just dribble at defence all the time. Defenders get confused and run round in circles like a fucking boat then they score. It's ridiculous.

Still not having an issue. One on one its my guess where to move against what he's doing. I read what they are going to do and tackle them. I don't read them and I get skinned. Really not sure what the issue is. I'm not talking about any other players, just the one I'm controlling versus the one my opponent is controlling.
I jockey and time my tackles. I honestly can't see what the problem is with this.

I think the learning curve is taking a tad bit longer to defend. Some days I could suffocate a dribbler where he shoots 40 yrd out the whole game. Then, my defenders get clumsy and trips over. I think having a player w/ MED(attack) HIGH (defend) workrate is key

Still not having an issue. One on one its my guess where to move against what he's doing. I read what they are going to do and tackle them. I don't read them and I get skinned. Really not sure what the issue is. I'm not talking about any other players, just the one I'm controlling versus the one my opponent is controlling.
I jockey and time my tackles. I honestly can't see what the problem is with this.

I think you're just about the only person on any forum discussing FIFA that I see who regularly defends the defending in this game.

If you've got it all figured out, you should probably be competing for cash money, or at least posting videos to help others out, 'cause I don't know a single longtime FIFA fan who isn't struggling with the balance issues in FIfA 15.

I think you're just about the only person on any forum discussing FIFA that I see who regularly defends the defending in this game.

If you've got it all figured out, you should probably be competing for cash money, or at least posting videos to help others out, 'cause I don't know a single longtime FIFA fan who isn't struggling with the balance issues in FIfA 15.

If I had a player run at me in real life, they should be able to take me on quite often. If I stand my ground, don't dive in and time my tackle then I will have my fair share of dispossessions. Just the same in this game. I honestly couldn't give a toss what other peoples experiences are. These are the experiences that I am having. It's nothing out of the ordinary IMO. I'm very sorry this upsets you, annoys you or whatever it is doing to you to make you constantly quote my opinion. Stupid comments about me playing for money still doesn't change my opinion of how I handle the defending. I was talking one on one on this occasion. Nothing else and I do ok at it. There will be times I'm run rings around. Other times I'll tackle the opposition every single time. Other times it's 50/50, 60/40 or whatever. Personally, I'm not having or seeing a massive issue. Is that so fucking hard to understand? Could that change in the future? Quite possibly but for now I don't have an issue. It's my experience. Nobody else's. I accept you and loads others have an issue but I don't and there others who have stated the same. Go off and quote them now as I'm bored of you constantly quoting me. Get over it. I'm happy with the game, you aren't. Leave it at that.
I have no interest in posting any videos either. It's common bloody sense to me.

This isn't an invitation for an essay from you or multiple video clips to be posted up as I don't care. I pick the game up, I have a few games, I enjoy them (I defend pretty well) and I've had a bit of fun. It's a game and I get out of it what I need. A release from the crap going on. Cheers.

Last edited:
Fixed for you. :SMUG:

I know you are joking but I don't think you know me or remember a lot of my posts if you actually believe that. I have slaughtered certain aspects of this series over the years and I think there's plenty of people on another site who would laugh at that comment. There's some things I don't have issues with though.

I know you are joking but I don't think you know me or remember a lot of my posts if you actually believe that. I have slaughtered certain aspects of this series over the years and I think there's plenty of people on another site who would laugh at that comment. There's some things I don't have issues with though.

Ok, i really don't remember your old time posts criticizing the game, but reading only your recent posts i honestly have the impression that you works at EA since you defend them (and specially Fifa) with so much passion.

Back
Top Bottom