FIFA 13

really cant decide which to play fifa 13 or pes 13

I think I'm going to buy FIFA 13 on day one as it looks like it'll be worth the full asking price and could possibly be the best footy game since PES 5/6. Will wait to pick PES 2013 up on the cheap as it appears to be missing some product and doesn't seem to offer much other than a few gameplay improvements.

I think I'm going to buy FIFA 13 on day one as it looks like it'll be worth the full asking price and could possibly be the best footy game since PES 5/6. Will wait to pick PES 2013 up on the cheap as it appears to be missing some product and doesn't seem to offer much other than a few gameplay improvements.

pes 13 only 18.00 on pc though but i hear what you are saying...i miss master league though from pes ps2 days but it seems its possibly unrecoginsable now.

Just played it on PS3, got a couple of games in Krylya Sovetov - Zenit and Barca-Spartak (the current EAFC challenge).

First impression: man, how crappy and slow everything is on PS3 compared to PC! And PS3 joystick is shit for FIFA, I much prefer XBOX one that I use on PC. Also, the console freezes when I try to play skill games mode.

The game is much slower than the demo. About the pace of FIFA12 retail. I guess EA did the same thing as with 12 - fast demo, slow retail. Good.

Hulk and Witsel are at Zenit. Great :) Hulk even has a real face. None of you care obviously, but anyway.

Otherwise the first touch seems a bit toned down from the demo, which is a slight negative, but it's still there for the most part. Passing and shooting, keepers, all that is like the demo more or less.

Anyway, I'll say it again. if someone has a decent PC, do yourself a favor and play on PC. You can even HDMI it to your TV if you need that big screen. PC version will be much smoother, better looking, and more customizable than the console ones. Night and day. Next gen consoles can't come soon enough.

UPD: Played some more. Headers are OP it seems like. I was Zenit against Chelsea online season. Lost 2-4. Chelsea guy scored all 4 goals on headers. I think he had like 5-6 shots and all headers went in. That was with Bruno Alves and Lombaerts as CD, which are both great in the air, so seems a bit unrealistic.

Last edited:
UPD: Played some more. Headers are OP it seems like. I was Zenit against Chelsea online season. Lost 2-4. Chelsea guy scored all 4 goals on headers. I think he had like 5-6 shots and all headers went in. That was with Bruno Alves and Lombaerts as CD, which are both great in the air, so seems a bit unrealistic.

headers being easy weren't so bad last year as 2011 was awful as everyone scored headers, hopefully 13 they tweak it so header's are hard to score

I have the same issue, though fortunately I'm not particularly bothered by it as someone who isn't into UT. I have a nasty feeling that you'll need FIFA 13 to solve the problem. It is a widespread/known problem, but currently there is no solution.

The theory goes that once you go onto UT on FIFA 13, it will sort.

Ah good to know thank you.

I usually play a few times and then give up on it. But I wanted to see what players I get with my free packs...oh well.

How do you guys position for headers? I've never seen any contextual positioning for headers based on stats. The only thing I could do is to press RT+LT to free my player but this usually results in misplaced headers.

I always use L2 to position my player for headers as you know L2 function is made for that situation other than for skills.

Just played it on PS3, got a couple of games in Krylya Sovetov - Zenit and Barca-Spartak (the current EAFC challenge).

First impression: man, how crappy and slow everything is on PS3 compared to PC! And PS3 joystick is shit for FIFA, I much prefer XBOX one that I use on PC. Also, the console freezes when I try to play skill games mode.

The game is much slower than the demo. About the pace of FIFA12 retail. I guess EA did the same thing as with 12 - fast demo, slow retail. Good.

Hulk and Witsel are at Zenit. Great :) Hulk even has a real face. None of you care obviously, but anyway.

Otherwise the first touch seems a bit toned down from the demo, which is a slight negative, but it's still there for the most part. Passing and shooting, keepers, all that is like the demo more or less.

Anyway, I'll say it again. if someone has a decent PC, do yourself a favor and play on PC. You can even HDMI it to your TV if you need that big screen. PC version will be much smoother, better looking, and more customizable than the console ones. Night and day. Next gen consoles can't come soon enough.

Toning the positives of the game down, I hope this isn't true.

Toning the positives of the game down, I hope this isn't true.

Yep the headers and the first touch thing don't sound positive, but we will see for ourselves this evening :))

Hopefully it isn't that bad.

Any other Americans with the game? tell us what you think?!

I always use L2 to position my player for headers as you know L2 function is made for that situation other than for skills.

Is this true? I'm quite ignorant, it seems. It's taken me all this time to find out, on the Alternate setup that R2 (RB or R1 for people with the normal setup) and L2 can be modifiers on long pass. At least R2 makes it go flatter.

Did anyone notice the Live Match Day updates have come for this week in the demo? :COOL: I was kind of hoping they would truly be live, but weekly updates are still good.

Good news.

The way Lewandowski can protect his space without before receiving the ball is great.I gotta say that once I get the game, Dortmund will be the team I first use on CM.

The way Lewandowski can protect his space without before receiving the ball is great.I gotta say that once I get the game, Dortmund will be the team I first use on CM.

im always in 2 minds go a good qaulity team or a poor or lower league team and build them up

individualilty of teams and individuals meant that it kinda sucked going crap teams..i mean the way i played with the control pad ws more important than the players on my team hope its changed this year looks liek it.

thats why i liked old master league u start with crap players that cant score from anything beyond 15yrds and all slow...when u buy fast winger or tall headerer or great passer it makes a huge diff to the team..hope fifa 13 is like this so when u start crap team and buy new players u can feel there effect and presense

Back
Top Bottom