FIFA 13

whats the earliest date I can get a copy of fifa 13 by for pc?

and where is best place to buy to get ASAP at best price?

Digital download?

And also should I go russia etc?

I couldve bought using india origin proxy trick for a tenner few months ago is that still possible?

cheers

Yo DeniroBobbbbbb!! How you doing bro?

Join the old gang! Me, Nerf, Brunnoce, Gerd, EatonTJ, Placebo, Daz, etc. everybody has long switched over and we're all eagerly awaiting!

Welcome back old pal!

Yes.... Join... Us....

Great reviews from both ign and eurogamer. Both are saying that fifa13 is the best football game ever!!!!

I also have season ticket! Cant wait for Saturday!!!!!

Great reviews from both ign and eurogamer. Both are saying that fifa13 is the best football game ever!!!!

You were telling us the same thing the other day :P

Forget reviews, magazines or other people. As long as you enjoy a game, that's the main thing. Every film I've ever seen and it's had a good review, I've hated. And vice versa.

Could someone give me a brief overview to this EA App for FUT that is either out or supposedly out?

Also I will buy the season ticket tonight. Does that mean I can play Fifa from the early release on Saturday right up to when I get the game on Friday?

Cheers

Could someone give me a brief overview to this EA App for FUT that is either out or supposedly out?

Also I will buy the season ticket tonight. Does that mean I can play Fifa from the early release on Saturday right up to when I get the game on Friday?

Cheers

FUT web app is down again yes.

And yes you can play FIFA13 from the early release untill the game is officially out in the shops. :)

All my mates are putting together teams on FUT and I can't even get on to the web app because it's saying I need to update my security question and answer - doing so requires Fifa 13 full game. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

same for me, asked me my siblings name which i dont remember setting up, i have one sister put her middle name in and it declined me. Then it locked me out and EA won't open my account even after i sent an email with my passport details to prove identity. Total gobshites. I can open a bank account but can't access my UT.

Im not sure why it even asked me for a question my first thought is because i went from wifi to homeplugs and its done something to my IP. Its now asking for me to log in from a trusted source

Update for anyone interested, put in my old wifi adapter and disabled my homeplugs, went into UT on FIFA 12 and it went straight to reset password so it was an network issue and thought it was a different PC

The thing with these reviews is always the same. Reading or listening to them gives the distinct impression that they're absolutely clueless. The IGN video review is absolutely abysmal.

Having said that, the Eurogamer review is probably the most interesting review of FIFA from a mainstream outlet I've ever seen. I'm not sure about the score, but the line near the end about its addiction to superficiality is one of the most accurate I've seen in years.

Because it's the absolute truth. Watch the Celebration video which came out yesterday. Watch the YouTuber's skill videos. Look at Ultimate Team. FIFA is probably the most superficial game on the market, and for all of its good and bad, it's surely undeniable that much of what makes it popular is precisely not football.

It's just a pity that Eurogamer also declare it a "brilliant simulation of football", because it's simply not true.

Yo DeniroBobbbbbb!! How you doing bro?

Join the old gang! Me, Nerf, Brunnoce, Gerd, EatonTJ, Placebo, Daz, etc. everybody has long switched over and we're all eagerly awaiting!

Welcome back old pal!

Hello matey!, and the rest of the chaps, do hope you are well. Blimey, I feel a little like Jack in Lost not wanting to accept my fate until finally, inevitably i'm ushered through the darkness and into the light.

To stretch the analogy beyond breaking point, I think that would make Gerd 'John Locke', you 'Desmond', nerf 'Sawyer' and I guess Proff Nutmeg 'Hurley'! - still tending the PES Island until another follower comes along to take his place :)

Yep, since 09. First impressions of the 13 demo were positive for me, so I'm waiting patiently for the full PC version to arrive.

Hope life is treating you well :TU:

Very well thank you mate.

I have to say bar the speed on the demo which I thought even on slow setting was still a tad too quick for my tastes it felt really fresh and enjoyable.

The prospect of being able to start a career as manager with Hertha, Sheff Wed or even if im brave enough Oxford United, with the prospect of being able to move jobs ala SWOS is just to enticing to turn down.

All I wanted to do in PES2013 was play a few league seasons in the Brasileirao and then start a ML, but the former of course isnt available and the latter seems to be going down a road I dont want to travel. Shame.

db

The thing with these reviews is always the same. Reading or listening to them gives the distinct impression that they're absolutely clueless. The IGN video review is absolutely abysmal.

Having said that, the Eurogamer review is probably the most interesting review of FIFA from a mainstream outlet I've ever seen. I'm not sure about the score, but the line near the end about its addiction to superficiality is one of the most accurate I've seen in years.

Because it's the absolute truth. Watch the Celebration video which came out yesterday. Watch the YouTuber's skill videos. Look at Ultimate Team. FIFA is probably the most superficial game on the market, and for all of its good and bad, it's surely undeniable that much of what makes it popular is precisely not football.

It's just a pity that Eurogamer also declare it a "brilliant simulation of football", because it's simply not true.

Whilst I tend to agree, your final statement is very subjective; a simulation is an imitation of a particular situaton or behaviour. There's very little doubt that FIFA13 - and pretty much every other FIFA or football game to date - don't reflect the real game in some way. Therefore, it is a simulation of football, and a brilliant one at that.

Many will take it to a different level, claiming it's more of an arcadey feel, but ultimately it is a simulation regardless of how you perceive that description.

I also agree that the Eurogamer revier is very good, certainly better than the IGN ramble.

you misquoted and misanderstood: that's the quote:
"Indeed, it's one of the things that makes it so engaging, because it's not just a brilliant simulation of football, it's also a brilliant simulation of what football has become: addicted to superficiality, "

Addicted to superficiality refers to football not to fifa. Old trick of people who want to criticise for the sake of it.

Could also someone give me an overview as to what the Kinect can do for FIFA. I never use the piece of shit, so would like some ROI on it!

I believe you can do subs on the fly, and change tactics,and get booked/bollocked for swearing at the ref. Anything else?

You won't get told off (booked) for swearing at the ref, they removed that, but the ref might become more strict with your team and it may cause stories in the press about you etc. etc.

Kinect support is basically a gimmick inclusion so they can meet their contract with MS for all future titles to have kinect support (conjecture).

Hmmm.

How can it work out which player I want to put on? I can see this turning out very badly, and subbing the wrong player in.

You should be able to swear like a trooper and get booked. Especially at the linesman for offside decisions.

you misquoted and misanderstood: that's the quote:
"Indeed, it's one of the things that makes it so engaging, because it's not just a brilliant simulation of football, it's also a brilliant simulation of what football has become: addicted to superficiality, "

Addicted to superficiality refers to football not to fifa. Old trick of people who want to criticise for the sake of it.

No, addicted to superficiality refers to one of the aspects of football that FIFA is simulating. It's fairly clearly what is said by the quote. I didn't misquote, I didn't misunderstand. The writer (debatably) considers it to be a brilliant simulation of football, but not just that, a brilliant simulation of football's addiction to superficiality.

Scutch said:
Whilst I tend to agree, your final statement is very subjective; a simulation is an imitation of a particular situaton or behaviour. There's very little doubt that FIFA13 - and pretty much every other FIFA or football game to date - don't reflect the real game in some way. Therefore, it is a simulation of football, and a brilliant one at that. Moreover, the design shouldn't specifically decide to do something in an unrealistic manner.

Many will take it to a different level, claiming it's more of an arcadey feel, but ultimately it is a simulation regardless of how you perceive that description.

I also agree that the Eurogamer revier is very good, certainly better than the IGN ramble.

There are some games which could be accurately defined as simulations, like the top end racing sims and flight sims. FIFA can never reach that level of simulation because, while flying a plane or racing a car is a realistic concept, having a vague control over the minds of a football team is not.

Where you could fairly accurately define and judge two racing simulators against eachother, you can't with football games because certain questions aren't really answerable. You can't, for instance, give an objective answer to how much control we should have over events and how much control play stats should. Nor can you give a good answer to how FIFA should scale itself down to 6 minute halves.

With some areas though, I think you can be completely objective in judgement. FIFA's motion physics simply aren't realistic, or even close. For me, a simulation would have a reasonable simulation of each area of the sport, and a consistent philosophy on how the subjective design questions are answered.

In my mind, that is a definition with some level of objectivity, and that's what I hold any sports game to. In the case of these reviewers stating that FIFA is a simulation, we have no idea what they mean, and I sincerely doubt they do either. For that reason, while yes, perhaps I can't say he's wrong because our definitions differ, he shouldn't actually write in the first place.

Last edited:
No, addicted to superficiality refers to one of the aspects of football that FIFA is simulating. It's fairly clearly what is said by the quote. I didn't misquote, I didn't misunderstand. The writer (debatably) considers it to be a brilliant simulation of football, but not just that, a brilliant simulation of football's addiction to superficiality.

Tricky one, but I don't know how subjective the concept of simulation actually is. I think the definition is weakened hugely by aspertions that FIFA is a simulation though.

There are some games which could be accurately defined as simulations, like the top end racing sims and flight sims. FIFA can never reach that level of simulation because, while flying a plane or racing a car is a realistic concept, having a vague control over the minds of a football team is not.

Where you could fairly accurately define and judge two racing simulators against eachother, you can't with football games because certain questions aren't really answerable. You can't, for instance, give an objective answer to how much control we should have over events and how much control play stats should. Nor can you give a good answer to how FIFA should scale itself down to 6 minute halves.

With some areas though, I think you can be completely objective in judgement. FIFA's motion physics simply aren't realistic, or even close. For me, a simulation would have a reasonable simulation of each area of the sport, and a consistent philosophy on how the subjective design questions are answered.

In my mind, that is a definition with some level of objectivity, and that's what I hold any sports game to. In the case of these reviewers stating that FIFA is a simulation, we have no idea what they mean, and I sincerely doubt they do either. For that reason, while yes, perhaps I can't say he's wrong because our definitions differ, he shouldn't actually write in the first place.

Good post.

You don't execute it. It is random based on the speed the ball is coming at you, how good your player is etc.

Holding L2 when receiving the ball seems to show no first touch errors at all tho.

why would u want a full 90min football sim..how much % of a real football game is borign as hell.

a 6min half footy game should moreso replaicte the highlghts show on MOTD with mostly end to end action, shots and excitment.

You don't execute it. It is random based on the speed the ball is coming at you, how good your player is etc.

Holding L2 when receiving the ball seems to show no first touch errors at all tho.

However if the ball is bouncing or you receive it mid-air, you can flick it around with the right stick which looks brilliant against a pressure hog.

I'm a bit confused with this L2 and R2 new free dribbling. I hold both, move directions and it doesn't really seem to do much.

How do you do the cocky passing of the ball from right foot to left foot, and the sort of free movement that fifa street had?

Much help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom