FIFA 13

Those are like I said... FIFA Street moves (reverse elastico, hocus pocus pass, fake shot pass is fake Henry pass [one of the skill moves in "what skill moves would you like to see in next FIFA series"]!)

So yeah... Not FIFA Street skill moves at all, aye Placebo? :P

And yes, I know I am not forced to use them skill moves, but seeing them in GAME which aims to be REALISTIC FOOTBALL SIMULATION is clearly amusing. Especially with how easy it is to pull them off (takes no time to master stick movements, gets practice getting timing right.

Have you seen so many high-end skill moves in football game? I mean come on... Football is not about Panna (opponent humiliation with ball going between the opponents legs, not about goals) ;).

YouTube - The most amazing street football soccer ever crazy move ground panna akka street soccer 2010

But if you like skills, see this for inspiration :D.

Last edited:
Anyone else think this is because of frame rate issues? PES graphics are probably less demanding on consoles and thus can have the pitch much closer to the stands, and of course less demanding physics taking off the CPU etc. etc.
I thought that, though there are some stadiums in FIFA where it is not the case (I think the generic Netherlands one for example)... but maybe it's to do with stadium attendance too.

Some background info on this (since i'm in the editing community): a friend who mods fifa told me that 90% of the stadiums are unchanged since FIFA 04 (lol), thats why for example the Hamburg stadiums has ads of AOL even tough there have been 2 other stadium name sponsors since then. Well, just one of many reasons I simply can't play FIFA.

FIFA is about humiliation with all the banter boy lads playing it nowadays though. "I FACKIN' DONE YOU THERE FAM!!!!1!!ONE!ONE!!!111!ONE! SUCK MA DICK INIT"

Anyone else think this is because of frame rate issues? PES graphics are probably less demanding on consoles and thus can have the pitch much closer to the stands, and of course less demanding physics taking off the CPU etc. etc.

That argument kind of goes out of the window when you have the likes of 'Be A Pro' cam (and the PES equivalent), or whatever the fuck it's called.

If the camera angle was locked to the more popular 'wide' cam you could be right, but when you can get down to pitch level, behind the player and see a huge swathe of the stadium in the background, then it's probably not a frame rate issue.

More likely bad stadium modelling or legacy models from PS2.

I asked someone from EA about the pitches being not close enough to the pitch when fifa 10 came out and they said it was because of how the camera system works, bollocks if you ask me tho.

I asked someone from EA about the pitches being not close enough to the pitch when fifa 10 came out and they said it was because of how the camera system works, bollocks if you ask me tho.

There is a problem in PES when you use custom cameras to expand the area visible, the stand nearest the virtual camera will either be invisible and therefore a black space will appear or the stand is visible but not the crowd. So there might be an element of truth to this despite FIFA using a different engine.

As seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM2nmzNDHxU&feature=player_detailpage#t=125s

Last edited:
There is a problem in PES when you use custom cameras to expand the area visible, the stand nearest the virtual camera will either be invisible and therefore a black space will appear or the stand is visible but not the crowd. So there might be an element of truth to this despite FIFA using a different engine.

As seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM2nmzNDHxU&feature=player_detailpage#t=125s

yeah it could be that mate but it just takes away from realism and atmosphere of the came, especially at grounds like stamford bridge.

In regards to the EA season ticket thing which allows you early release:

Placebo or whoever knows, so am I correct in thinking if you purchase it (It says it's $25 or something), you get to download FIFA a few days early but NOT only that but other EA games like NHL as well?

Early Release date for NHL is today through that season ticket pass thing. So if I were to purchase it today, I could download NHL today and also FIFA later ? Or is it a separate transactions?

Nah mate the subscription gives you access to Maddenn, NHL and fifa, all for the same price, basically you pay $25 and you get all the games included for 1 year.

If they spend the same amount of time on a proper fatigue system, footplanting, player models, skilled defence, realistic dribbling, introduce timing on things such as jumping, headers or shots, inertia & physics, exploitable longballs, adding error on tricks, making midfield useful, reward possession & football vision, making Clubs mode playable, making sliders online, etc....i would be happy.

Nah mate the subscription gives you access to Maddenn, NHL and fifa, all for the same price, basically you pay $25 and you get all the games included for 1 year.

Awesome! Thanks. well in that case, I think it's definitely worth it.

How do I make this purchase though ? I heard you need 2000 Microsoft points or something? I don't even know what that is. can I not just pay $25 or whatever it costs with a credit card?

I can't bother with this Microsoft points stuff. How do I get them? I know Placebo bought them off e-bay last year or something but what if I don't wanna do that. What's the alternative?

Awesome! Thanks. well in that case, I think it's definitely worth it.

How do I make this purchase though ? I heard you need 2000 Microsoft points or something? I don't even know what that is. can I not just pay $25 or whatever it costs with a credit card?

I can't bother with this Microsoft points stuff. How do I get them? I know Placebo bought them off e-bay last year or something but what if I don't wanna do that. What's the alternative?

well you can use your credit card to by the points on the xbox itself or go to websites like this http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/cheap-microsoft-points/microsoft-4000-points-us/ they are cheaper and legal, when you have ordered the points they email you a code to redeem on your xbox and bobs your uncle, just make sure you get the MSPs in the correct region.

Another thing to think about is that once you have put your credit card details on the xbox its fucking impossible to get them off it, i would go for the redeem codes personally mate

Last edited:
^ As did FIFA 11 and FIFA 10 with the pre release videos..The thing is FIFA is arcadey on assisted controls..that's just the way it is and always will be so kids can get hold of it and play it relatively easily, put it on manual and the game changes

Back
Top Bottom