FIFA 13

I think Formations and team movement (mainly defensively) are becoming my number one changes for 14... Maybe even over footplanting....

The midfield still doesn't exist in Fifa, one pass and your at the back four...think this is what PES does so much better. When possession is given up it doesn't always mean counter attack in one pass.

Again, you can choose not to play that ball in Fifa and make it feel more realistic, but it shouldn't be there too often at all. Not if DM/CB's are marking up.. etc.

I think Formations and team movement (mainly defensively) are becoming my number one changes for 14... Maybe even over footplanting....

The midfield still doesn't exist in Fifa, one pass and your at the back four...think this is what PES does so much better. When possession is given up it doesn't always mean counter attack in one pass.

Again, you can choose not to play that ball in Fifa and make it feel more realistic, but it shouldn't be there too often at all. Not if DM/CB's are marking up.. etc.
Couldn't agree more.

The tactical side has been neglected for so long. There's no proper team pressing, just a reaction to the guy who receives the ball, and (as previously discussed) the other defenders remain too passive.

I think the play needs to tighten up, with teams defending more compact, marking more tightly and doing a more alert job of denying passing lanes. Breaking an opponent down should be more about waiting for the movement that creates separation and timing the pass at the right moment, or a clever combination, or drawing someone out of position.

I remember saying about FIFA 10 that the easy, early pass into the striker's feet is always on, and that hasn't changed.

Teams still play largely the same style as well. The edit formation and custom tactics options have barely been touched since at least '09, and I feel like there's so much to be improved and unearthed if they would make it their focus one year.

Couldn't agree more.

The tactical side has been neglected for so long. There's no proper team pressing, just a reaction to the guy who receives the ball, and (as previously discussed) the other defenders remain too passive.

I think the play needs to tighten up, with teams defending more compact, marking more tightly and doing a more alert job of denying passing lanes. Breaking an opponent down should be more about waiting for the movement that creates separation and timing the pass at the right moment, or a clever combination, or drawing someone out of position.

I remember saying about FIFA 10 that the easy, early pass into the striker's feet is always on, and that hasn't changed.

Teams still play largely the same style as well. The edit formation and custom tactics options have barely been touched since at least '09, and I feel like there's so much to be improved and unearthed if they would make it their focus one year.

I fear they may wait for next generation consoles... but it'd be the biggest change they could make i think... It may solve the defending problems we were talking about yesterday too..

Mind you I cant believe they haven't changed the fact you can press shoot with a defender in the box to clear and it goes inch perfect to the striker.

Still think clearances should be manual... or semi... or atleast have a crap load of error on.. anything other than what it is.

That would stop the 'basketball' end to end feeling.

So FIFA 08 is still the closest EA have come to making a great believable and enjoyable Football sim. Is it a surprise it wasn't David Rutter at the helm when this was the case. I'll play FIFA and enjoy clubs but that 1v1 experience I still long for is missing.

I'm not saying it has to be 100% realistic PES 5 is my favourite football game ever and there were plenty of things that weren't close to being real but you felt you could do anything and you didn't feel like the you were being robbed unless it was Adriano you were up against.

You can have the intricacies of reality in area's of the game where it's most needed then have an arcade like experience for things like shooting and dribbling I'm fine with that it's what PES used to do so well.

I honestly think whatever PES bring out next year is critical to whether I keep on lapping up these football games year to year for the 1v1 experience (and hopefully they add their own version of clubs etc with as much online fluidity) but if FIFA/PES aren't as exciting as nostalgia tells me then I'll be sticking to clubs it looks like for the foreseeable future it's as if the tactical side of these games have disappeared. I remember spending 10-15 minutes setting up my perfect formation for Chelsea + Inter in PES 5 being able to save it then just load it up and being able to execute my gameplan time after time.. I'd pick Shevchenko upfront not because he was the quickest but because I knew he'd find space and he had some of the best finishing attributes in the game. And those things seriously mattered when you were one of the top 1000 ranked players in the game.

I'm longing for an experience where it's not just speed and strength that matters! I hope it's just a case of these youtubers being ultimate team whores and to be honest they're the guys EA are catering for hate it or love it. Ultimate team is EA's focus if they spent as much time adding stuff to 1v1 we'd be playing the best football sim ever created already.

fifa 08... i agree

that is what took me away from pes6 and i have not looked back since until pes2013 who seem to have the right principle.

i only play fifa clubs and would much prefer a simulation.

even if people complained about the slow animations on fifa 08 at least it stopped some of this whorish play

Sweetkilla, i bet you also had adriano on the right wing with 3 upfront so you could cut inside and blast like a MOFO as Adriano was rediculous

fifa 08... i agree

that is what took me away from pes6 and i have not looked back since until pes2013 who seem to have the right principle.

even if people complained about the slow animations on fifa 08 at least it stopped some of this whorish play

Sweetkilla, i bet you also had adriano on the right wing with 3 upfront so you could cut inside and blast like a MOFO as Adriano was rediculous

Haha... Dont forget Recoba... Jesus was he over powered :-)

All good though... Loved that game... even online..

fifa 08... i agree

I hate to say it but I did and Martins as well what a team they were and Veron for free kick just outside the box what a team. :BRMM:

yea, Inter were like the producers favourite team i think

back then you could even play to the teams strengths. i remember a team i didn't know any of the players (forget the name) and you could soon enough work out which players you would want on the ball etc.

i find that part if lost allot on fifa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghep4PIgRHU&feature=youtu.be

I think this video alone explains why PES is not a simulation..and they call FIFA a trick fest ..half of these goals here i have never seen on FIFA.. thankfully

Tricks are there in both games for sure... Also both games will have its fair share of knobs playing it... Although, to be honest i dont play against that many players on head to head that just skill all the time, the manual filter also cuts out some idiots (not all).

Most dont think PES is simulation either, but it definitely has some pluses over Fifa in that respect. Formations and player positioning being the big one i noticed in the 2013 demo.

I think this video alone explains why PES is not a simulation..and they call FIFA a trick fest ..half of these goals here i have never seen on FIFA.. thankfully
That doesn't explain it's not a simulation. It just tells you there are different kinds of people playing the game how they want. Some love it flashy while others prefer the sim route, whether it be PES or Fifa. And please let's not start that in here.

On Fifa 08, I still play it to this day. It has it's flaws like just about every game, but it's still my best Fifa game ever made.

Comes down to effectiveness. For every PES game I've played online, I've never had difficulty defending against tricks. The majority of the time the more flamboyant ones just result in giving away possession. I'd be surprised if that was different in PES 13.

The implementation in FIFA is different though. Those fancy flicks tend to have a force field round them, and quite often there's little you can do, hence why they're exploited so much by the 'better' players.

Tricks are fine, using them is also fine. Allowing them to be performed in a way that gives an unrealistic advantage is not.

Pitch needs to be bigger.

Or the stadium smaller ;)

Santiago Bernabeu it's poorly represented in that aspect, 30 meters between terraces and pitch it's ridiculous

ayn4o9.jpg

White Hart Lane hasn't been replicated that well, pitch side, either. The pitch is too far away from the stands/terraces. Seems to be a common thing. Everything else about the mapping seems quite good though.

White Hart Lane hasn't been replicated that well, pitch side, either. The pitch is too far away from the stands/terraces. Seems to be a common thing. Everything else about the mapping seems quite good though.

Most of the stadiums in FIFA are shit, one of the aspects where PES is clearly the better of the 2.

Or the stadium smaller ;)

Santiago Bernabeu it's poorly represented in that aspect, 30 meters between terraces and pitch it's ridiculous

[MG]http://i47.tinypic.com/ayn4o9.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone else think this is because of frame rate issues? PES graphics are probably less demanding on consoles and thus can have the pitch much closer to the stands, and of course less demanding physics taking off the CPU etc. etc.

Anyone else think this is because of frame rate issues? PES graphics are probably less demanding on consoles and thus can have the pitch much closer to the stands, and of course less demanding physics taking off the CPU etc. etc.

If you have pitch closer to the stand, it means that less graphic to be real-time rendered, no ?

If i'm not mistaken, i remember from EA producer interview that. current stadia if changed will affect what happen on the pitch, code programming stuff probably.

Really? I didn't see anything in their that's that bad and could quite comfortably showcase FIFA looking like a much more arcade game.

Neither game is great, I don't see why in 2012 people still cling on to proving on is better than the other.

FIFA 13 looks like the last few fifas.
Just watching a few of these vids make me bored and I ain't even played the demo yet.
I probably won't even bother with the demo this year.

:BLUSH:

Interesting audio from two skillers saying how much more realistic Fifa is (of course will they are doing flick-ups and rainbow flicks)...

It is sort of true from what i played though... just maybe not far enough..

YouTube - FIFA 13 GAMEPLAY - Madrid All Stars v Barca All Stars - Neppo v Weeps [Part 2/2]

Back
Top Bottom