FIFA 13

That I did know for user celebs, but can you skip computer ones? Or opponent ones like that online? I believe you can't.

Also when your teammate starts to pile up and hug you can't skip it no more or I am mistaken here and couldn't do it -.-

Simple tap on A would do better, or pressing start/back to skip this nonsense altogether.

YouTube - FIFA 12 - Best of teo2609

directed at hitmanuk. Have fun :). Of course you are not forced to play like that (same with PES). Still OTT compilation (and I like it ^^).

YouTube - FIFA 13 - The Start Of The Season

Here is Kazoo Community montage. Still can see the lay off free kick 100% successful goal, long range shots easily going in :/.

Dont read too much into the montages, some of the commentary on one of the others they said they changed settings etc so they could get easy goals for these montages because they only had a day to record it all.

One guy spent all day just try to do every trick against amateur, others put legendary 5 star skill players all on one team...

Thats why you can see Robinho at Barca in one of the vids.

They probably did 30 free kicks to get that one shot of it.

Dont read too much into the montages, some of the commentary on one of the others they said they changed settings etc so they could get easy goals for these montages because they only had a day to record it all.

One guy spent all day just try to do every trick against amateur, others put legendary 5 star skill players all on one team...

Thats why you can see Robinho at Barca in one of the vids.

They probably did 30 free kicks to get that one shot of it.

So that Balotelli goal in that airjapes vs ksi video was with sliders, those assholes :RANT: I was so looking forward to being able to volley at will on a FIFA game ala PES. Ah well now the demo might disappoint me.

Is it just me, or does the animations look worse this year? They seem to glide more than ever...

And the stadiums, was there really this much space between the pitch and the crowd last year? Haven't played 12 in a while so maybe Bernabeu was the same last year?

Is it just me, or does the animations look worse this year? They seem to glide more than ever...

And the stadiums, was there really this much space between the pitch and the crowd last year? Haven't played 12 in a while so maybe Bernabeu was the same last year?

Everything's the same both in terms of animation and stadiums. You mustn't have played FIFA 12 in quite a while :)

:LOL: it looks like they have turned he first touch into a skill move, that control flick up and volley is going to be very annoying after a while.

As you don't control the touch you get other than the direction/speed you press (unlike PES, incidentally), I don't think it will get 'very annoying'. It will hopefully be rare, unpredictable, and maybe, just maybe, realistic. You know how EA are - they show things off with extreme examples.

Why is there SO much space for attackers?!
Probably about 50% the game, 50% the players.

3:23 is a prime example. Wepeeler charges Pique and then Arbeloa to the ball, evacuating the entire right half of his defence, then asks: "where's my defence?".

Isn't helped by AI Sergio Ramos turning and sprinting in the opposite direction, admittedly...

Yeah I wouldn't read much into these clips. Those guys are both annoying fools.

I like the First Touch stuff as well especially since in real life you see even the very best players and those with highest technique, miscontrol balls and fail to bring it down or take a heavy touch, etc. In previous Fifa's, even fat big CB's would perfectly trap the ball.

What determines how bad a player's first touch is though? Ball control attribute right? Or is it dribbling? Surely it should be the former.

Nice. Has that been confirmed then? I thought I heard something about 'dribbling' attribute in one of those videos on last page.

Anyway Ball control would make the most sense.

Nice. Has that been confirmed then? I thought I heard something about 'dribbling' attribute in one of those videos on last page.

Anyway Ball control would make the most sense.

Even if this was the case, surely they would be interconnected when deciding how a player controls the football.

Oh dear, no wonder this game is usually based on. Slag fest with that bunch of skillerz pushing the game for EA

They need to get a balance and amongst some of them have people who care about other aspects other than unrealistic skill move at every turn

This game is just like FIFA 12 - if you and your opponent play it right it's the best football you've ever played in your life, but if one of you starts ping-ponging or pressure-whoring, then the whole realism goes out the window. Offline+playing against friends is where it's at, just like it's always been.

Who knows, maybe by FIFA 20 we'll eventually get there, so that you wont be able to ping-pong.

P.S. Btw, I think all these videos were on Amateur AI, so that's why defence sucks so badly. They lowered it to make it easier to Skill and Score Goals. Might be wrong though, but I just can't explain such bad defending.

Last edited:
Even if it's offline though, players moving like they're skiing doesn't add to realism at all. Every time I see it it kills me slowly. I just cannot stand it. It sort of crawled into PES 2012 but not as obvious and made me cringe. That is why Fifa 08 will always be the best for me.

Fifa13 is looking more like Fifa Street.

But then (imo) Fifa has always been for the gamer and not the footballer. Thats how I think anyway.

My mates get frustrated at PES because a game will end 1-0 or 1-1 and none of the goals have been a volley from the halfway line or a 35 yard scissor kick. In Fifa over the top goals have always been the rule and not the exeption

My 10 year old son loves Fifa and wont even play the PES13 demo. Why? because Fifa is a great out of the box game. It has all you want to see. But theres no depth to the game.

Back
Top Bottom