FIFA 13

Those are really nice videos nerf. To be fair to johnconstantine, I don't see many examples like that in the games that I play. I wish there were more.

I see lots of that in the demo though, and without the need to make massive changes to the sliders. In fact the only changes I've made is -2 acceleration and +1 pass error for the CPU. For example, I just had this match against Arsenal on World Class difficulty, I tweaked the database to improve their defence as the match day form had them somewhat underrated, and I barely got a sniff against them, they dominated possesion and played me off the park, but they were patient and waited for openings like in nerf's videos, when they finally got their chance they took it (a Giroud header in the box):

fifa13demo2012101213484.jpg

I see lots of that in the demo though, and without the need to make massive changes to the sliders. In fact the only changes I've made is -2 acceleration and +1 pass error for the CPU. For example, I just had this match against Arsenal on World Class difficulty, I tweaked the database to improve their defence as the match day form had them somewhat underrated, and I barely got a sniff against them, they dominated possesion and played me off the park, but they were patient and waited for openings like in nerf's videos, when they finally got their chance they took it (a Giroud header in the box):

fifa13demo2012101213484.jpg

That is so unrealistic! Giroud finding the back of the net.. But fair enough! It's only a demo, so "Not representive of the final product" ;)

Lol, it was an almost unchallenged header though to be fair, which he is supposedly good at in real life. He moves like a double decker bus with the ball at his feet.

neither do i have any problems with throwing..you can even select the receiver and move him and throw it when in space
Could someone please explain how you select the receiver of a throw, prior to throwing? I only know how to do short and long throws. :THINK:

this is shit on fifa 12 i had no probs online now i can never get connected to a game wtf...fifa 12 never once had any issues so why is fifa 13 fuked up online...on pc btw

Bought the game. First match : United v City. The game was hell fast. Used cheat engine to absolutely slow it down. Speed became perfect. Then, I noticed one thing. Not only dribbling had become floaty but also, players look the same. In FIFA 12, I could recognize Rooney and Scholes from others but in 13, I cannot. Individuality, imo, has been toned down!

But, the game is fun though unrealistic. I hope dribbling will be made realistic through patches. As of now, it's like skating!

Could someone please explain how you select the receiver of a throw, prior to throwing? I only know how to do short and long throws. :THINK:

Press LB (or L1, the switching button). It's weird, because the cursor won't appear over the player, but it's not hard to find out which player you're in control of.

Bollocks. Why the hell did they remove it, i really can't come up with a reasonable explanation why they would do that, it's clearly can't be a performance issue.

Getting a tad bored with hearing

"well Alan, what do you think of this, the (home/away) team defending with a high line, trying to play offside"

Wouldn't mind, but it's usually at least 60 seconds AFTER I've tried to play the offside trap.

Played some matches on the 360 version this afternoon, I preferred it to the PC version to be honest, I think it felt slightly slower on the big screen (but still way too fast), bearable at least.

Still felt movement was off compared to the demo, also that was against human opponent so none of the horrible CPU attacking mentality, had some good tight matches. Really feel for people playing online though, human v human matches get ridiculously fast at times. Why don't they slow it down for crying out loud, they aren't short on feedback to that effect.

Bollocks. Why the hell did they remove it, i really can't come up with a reasonable explanation why they would do that, it's clearly can't be a performance issue.

+1 - Even though it's not major it really does take some oomph out of scoring. With the attention EA has put into all the other details, there's no reasonable explanation why this was removed.

I really wish FIFA had that offside goal thing pes has where you score and the game continues acting as if it's a goal but then it shows the linemen and it disallowed. That and maybe some wrong decisions based on ref skill/how close the players are at the time of the pass etc

+1 - Even though it's not major it really does take some oomph out of scoring. With the attention EA has put into all the other details, there's no reasonable explanation why this was removed.

I agree. It adds so much to the feel when scoring. But EA are know for removing things without reason.

Any patch out yet for the console versions?

Just had a couple more matches on the 360 version, only this time after updating with the latest squads and having match day enabled, suddenly the game got about 25% faster and everything went into arcade mode, no way in hell I imagined that it was like playing two completely different games, absolutely horrible. Even the passing suddenly got quicker and easier to ping-pong with on semi, game seemed more open with more clear cut chances and lack of midfield. Whatever those updates did ruined the game. :SHOCK:

No football games again for me this year, except the odd FIFA 13 demo match perhaps.

Just had a couple more matches on the 360 version, only this time after updating with the latest squads and having match day enabled, suddenly the game got about 25% faster and everything went into arcade mode, no way in hell I imagined that it was like playing two completely different games, absolutely horrible. Even the passing suddenly got quicker and easier to ping-pong with on semi, game seemed more open with more clear cut chances and lack of midfield. Whatever those updates did ruined the game. :SHOCK:

No football games again for me this year, except the odd FIFA 13 demo match perhaps.

Given that your previous posts have been somewhat different to my feelings, I'm going to hope that this is just your perception of the game after the update.

If it's actually true, I will cry.

Game needs to be considerably faster. Fast is too slow. Also, assisted isn't assisted enough - I sometimes have to not only hold my controller but actually press the buttons to get my guys to score. Get real, EA, I want to win 7-0 whilst eating my microwave instant meal.

Back
Top Bottom