FIFA 13

FUT offline with a Bronze team is so good.

I second this. Adding seasons to FUT might be one of the best additions to FIFA this year.

Plus, playing with Bronze players, or even Silver, is great 'cause you don't get so caught up in the typical FUT stress of needing to play the market so much and you can be relatively broke and still have a blast.

I'm addicted to my CM at the moment but it's awesome to finally have a real single-player alternative.

Do you guys have any tips on how to make your team play with more movement? I'm playing as Arsenal in CM and the players without the ball almost never make these great runs I've seen people write about. I've even bumped the slider for player runs up to 100 but can't notice any difference.

If the slider isn't making a difference, then play around with Custom Tactics. I'm playing with a League 1 side in my CM using Manchester City's tactics (someone had recommended them) and I've got loads of movement.

(In fact, if anything, there's too much movement and not enough covering in FIFA 13, leaving acres of space for CPU counters.)

If all else fails, try slowing down the pace at which you attack - if you pass to quickly all the time or rely too much on sprint, it's possible to out-pace your own attack.

RE: Demo thing

The player's movements do appear to be slower in the demo version of both Nerf's and John's video.

Nothing you can do but you both seem right about what you're trying to say.

RE: Demo thing

The player's movements do appear to be slower in the demo version of both Nerf's and John's video.

Nothing you can do but you both seem right about what you're trying to say.

There is something you can do - decrease the Acceleration slider.

Okay, it doesn't fix everything but if the game is moving too fast for you, this seems to make a significant difference, no?

IMO, dropping the Acceleration slider more than a few notches below default when playing on Slow gamespeed makes the gameplay feel like it's moving in SloMo.

There is something you can do - decrease the Acceleration slider.

Okay, it doesn't fix everything but if the game is moving too fast for you, this seems to make a significant difference, no?

IMO, dropping the Acceleration slider more than a few notches below default when playing on Slow gamespeed makes the gameplay feel like it's moving in SloMo.

It doesn't help in my experience, the problem can't be addressed by sliders, in fact I don't think it can be addressed at all. What makes me say that? Someone on SoccerGaming released a mod which actually slows the game down without the need of any slider tinkering, and upon trying this I still felt the movement and animation speeds were off, it appears whatever they changed is fairly deeply embedded within the engine and not susceptible to outside interference. Also, changing acceleration beyond one or two points in either direction has serious consequences on game balance and difficulty levels, it opens up a can of worms that even the most depraved masochist would shy away from.

Edit: for what it's worth these are the sliders I'm currently trying out: http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3307548#post3307548
It's definitely a lot slower and achieves a semblance of balance, the feeling of passing it around and moving with the ball is closer to the demo, although the CPU play still grates on me. I think pass speed is key here, the increased pass speed and reduced ground resistance in the final version means the camera has to move quicker to keep up with the ball and that also contributes to the loss of smoothness that is clearly evident in the comparison videos. In fact I'd say reducing pass speed has had a more significant effect on making it more-demo-like than changing acceleration/sprint speed.

Last edited:
It doesn't help in my experience, the problem can't be addressed by sliders, in fact I don't think it can be addressed at all. What makes me say that? Someone on SoccerGaming released a mod which actually slows the game down without the need of any slider tinkering, and upon trying this I still felt the movement and animation speeds were off, it appears whatever they changed is fairly deeply embedded within the engine and not susceptible to outside interference. Also, changing acceleration beyond one or two points in either direction has serious consequences on game balance and difficulty levels, it opens up a can of worms that even the most depraved masochist would shy away from.

Edit: for what it's worth these are the sliders I'm currently trying out: http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3307548#post3307548
It's definitely a lot slower and achieves a semblance of balance, the feeling of passing it around and moving with the ball is closer to the demo, although the CPU play still grates on me. I think pass speed is key here, the increased pass speed and reduced ground resistance in the final version means the camera has to move quicker to keep up with the ball and that also contributes to the loss of smoothness that is clearly evident in the comparison videos. In fact I'd say reducing pass speed has had a more significant effect on making it more-demo-like than changing acceleration/sprint speed.

TBH, those slider settings change the way FIFA plays so drastically, that if it's still too fast for your tastes than I really don't know how you'd expect FIFA to ever be your cup of tea to begin with.

I personally think FIFA plays a bit too fast on the default settings but I'm amazed at how slow some people prefer that the game be played at. There's nothing wrong with having that preference but there's something to be said for trying to make FIFA into something it's not.

It's like your buying a sports car and wishing it handled like a sedan.

TBH, those slider settings change the way FIFA plays so drastically, that if it's still too fast for your tastes than I really don't know how you'd expect FIFA to ever be your cup of tea to begin with.

I personally think FIFA plays a bit too fast on the default settings but I'm amazed at how slow some people prefer that the game be played at. There's nothing wrong with having that preference but there's something to be said for trying to make FIFA into something it's not.

It's like your buying a sports car and wishing it handled like a sedan.

It's not only a matter of speed though, if anything those settings are too slow, it's brutally slow with those sliders, but even then there is something missing from the demo in terms of fluidity and overall gameplay, I cannot capture that same satisfaction nor can I adequately explain why this is the case. Anyway I'm not going to keep harping on about it, I guess it may not have been wise to put 56 hours into the demo as it's come back to haunt me.

It's not only a matter of speed though, if anything those settings are too slow, it's brutally slow with those sliders, but even then there is something missing from the demo in terms of fluidity and overall gameplay, I cannot capture that same satisfaction nor can I adequately explain why this is the case. Anyway I'm not going to keep harping on about it, I guess it may not have been wise to put 56 hours into the demo as it's come back to haunt me.

Hmm, well that's really unfortunate then.

I wish I understood what you're talking about but I don't.

Have you tried sticking with lower league teams? That's what I do in my CMs and I find it an overall more enjoyable experience. I think it's because the overall pace of play is better without having to mess with sliders to the point it's messing up other things.

But then of course I'm screwed when I get promoted...

I think it does help to reduce Speed/Accel slightly, reduce Pass Speed, reduce Run Frequency, and raise First Touch Error. All of these things slow down the overall speed of play.

At the same time I also suspect it's true that there's something fundamental about the interaction between player and ball, whether it's due to a tweak to the ball physics or anim speeds or both, that is subtle but feels less measured and less satisfying than the demo.

I have also started doing TikTikTikTikTik's suggestion about the Sound Effects volume, which is a subtle change I quite like:
A cheap trick I used in the demo, and it really is a trick, is to adjust the sound settings so you can hear players kicking the ball and stuff. I found that with all the sounds equal you never really heard the players do anything, when normally you would depending on how noisy or quiet a crowd was. And not hearing them made them even more floaty. I think I ended up with everything (but crowd and effects) at 2, crowd at 3 and effects at 10. The annoying part is that it makes the refs whistle and menus really loud. But it probably depends on your set up how well it all works.

i think pes has better flow and fluidity to the games, u can lose yourself in the game and become engrossed end to end or midfield battle tussle.

FIFA on the other hand is a technically better game with better sohooting, dribbbling, passing and such things but the actual flow of the game is lacking.

Last edited:
I think it does help to reduce Speed/Accel slightly, reduce Pass Speed, reduce Run Frequency, and raise First Touch Error. All of these things slow down the overall speed of play.

At the same time I also suspect it's true that there's something fundamental about the interaction between player and ball, whether it's due to a tweak to the ball physics or anim speeds or both, that is subtle but feels less measured and less satisfying than the demo.

I have also started doing TikTikTikTikTik's suggestion about the Sound Effects volume, which is a subtle change I quite like:

With you 100% on that, I think you have to be ridiculously observant to notice the difference though.

That sound trick is handy, the ball sounds are too weak in FIFA and that contributes to the floatiness, in fact I think it's one of the main reasons PES has traditionally had a heavier feel, because they go absolutely nuts on their sound effects. There is a setting I noticed in the product.ini that seems to indicate that the ball sounds are reduced in comparison to other sounds, it was set to -500 I believe and I changed it to 0 and noticed a slight increase in the ball sounds. I have to say though I think the sound effects (not including atmosphere/crowd etc.) are better in PES, specifically the passing, shooting, ball hitting adboard and ball hitting woodwork sounds, which is surprising given that EA are usually really good in that department.

Is it just me or are the CPU able to twist and turn with the ball in a way that you can never do? I'm really struggling to enjoy this game right now. Playing CM on world class with altered sliders and it's just so frustrating. It just feels like the CPU has the upper hand in all 50-50 situations. When you manage to get the ball from them in, or just outside, your box they somehow always manage to get it back straight away because of some odd freezing like animation of your player. And when they "need" to score they almost certainly will. I really don't want to decrease their speed and acc any more because that just feel like cheating.
Maybe I'm just too frustrated right now and need to take some days off :/

I'm curious to see what sliders your using (with difficulty and controller settings). You should post them.

It's interesting because you, like many, are reducing Speed/Acceleration and increasing First Touch, but many others are actually increasing Pass Speed and Run Frequency, unlike you.

So I'd be curious to see how your set of sliders play.

I'm curious to see what sliders your using (with difficulty and controller settings). You should post them.

It's interesting because you, like many, are reducing Speed/Acceleration and increasing First Touch, but many others are actually increasing Pass Speed and Run Frequency, unlike you.

So I'd be curious to see how your set of sliders play.
Since you asked, I've just posted them in the Sliders thread here.

I had some very engaging Live Matches just now. I played as Dortmund at Hanover again (I like the stadium and the way the two teams play), then as Levante vs Valencia in the midday Spanish heat, then another local derby as SK Rapid at FK Austria in rainy Vienna. The last was probably my pick of the three.

I think the low Pass Speed slows the tempo down and more interceptions happen. You and the CPU can still make the passes, you've just got to whack the power up when you need it and it's more difficult to squeeze the ball past an opponent, perhaps making you consider your passes more.

With the lower Run Frequency I feel like I still get the movement I require, there are just slightly fewer bodies piling forward. Same for the CPU.

As ever, it's whatever feels best for your own preferences - but feel free to try. Perhaps choose Rapid in the rain or Dortmund overcast.

On another note, if anyone's annoyed by the AI not shooting enough, play versus Valencia - they were taking pot shots from everywhere!

lTHHY.jpg

The best things in FIFA13:
-ESPN themes/scoreboard,etc.(american version of FIFA);
-commentary by Mr. Palomo and Kempes(spa-mex commentary);
-gameplay (the best ever made for football games);
-skill games (the best new mode in 10 years of football games).

Back to game, thank you EA :)

Tadaaa...

Hello FIFA 13 fans,

Below is an important update on the large amount of activity happening this week to improve your FIFA 13 experience and address some of the challenges some fans have been facing with the game.

First, we want to thank everyone that provided feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums. We’ve been listening to the comments and our teams across the world have been working extremely hard to prioritize and address the items that have been brought to our attention. While we can’t respond to every post and tweet, we have connected with and responded to thousands of you, and its invaluable feedback that we have received. We appreciate the help and support.

The FIFA 13 launch has seen the largest amount of daily online play for any game in EA history. Your feedback to date has already helped us optimize connectivity for users, as well as tweak applications and game modes. This week, our teams are scheduled to deliver the following three things:

1) Maintenance scheduled on October 10.
2) Regularly scheduled maintenance on October 11 (Oct 12 UK morning).
3) A title update for FIFA 13 that will begin to roll out on Oct 10th for PC, and later this weekend for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

The following list includes issues that will be addressed in the title update and upcoming maintenance windows.

Maintenance - October 10th
During this maintenance window we have successfully addressed:
• Stuck and missing items in the FIFA Ultimate Team watch list and trade pile.
• Duplicate match results in Seasons and Online Friendlies.
• Users being relegated from Division 1 in Seasons with matches remaining.

FIFA 13 Title Update

This will be our first official update of FIFA 13, and will address the game issues that have had the biggest impact on our fans:
• Connection stability in Online Seasons when finding an opponent in the Arena, and at kick-off.
• Career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
• Career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
• Stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
• Users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
• Freeze in FUT Online Tournament HUB on PS3.
• Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
• Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
• Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
• Matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with "ANY" and "Match Keeper") will provide the desired results.
• Changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.
• (PC Only) Freeze while retrieving Hospitality Settings.

Maintenance - October 11th (Oct 12 UK morning, expect online service downtime)

We have also scheduled an additional server outage and update to address:
• Work on the Auction House in FIFA Ultimate Team.
• Changes to error messaging in FIFA Ultimate Team Web and the EA SPORTS Football Club app.
• Leaderboards not displaying the correct gamertag.

Some fans may wonder why we can’t fix all the known issues at once. That’s a fair question and the answer isn’t quite as simple. We are delivering improvements and fixes in such a way to ensure the millions of people playing FIFA 13 each day do not experience undue or overly lengthy network/server outages, that title updates and other improvements are done to a high quality, and that we’re confident the changes will improve the FIFA 13 experience for everyone.

We have plans for further updates to FIFA 13 this month, so stay tuned and we’ll keep you updated on the dates for these improvements, as and when available.

LOL!

Even just counting freezes there's a shitload more that need fixing than those listed, and that's not even considering the dozens and dozens of bugs in the game.

Had a fun CM freeze last night, offered to buy two players and each player included the same traded player from my side, both clubs accepted, both players accepted the contracts, so then I had the stall/accept/reject offer for both players, I accepted the first, then when I went to accept the second it froze, surely good programming would set in some kind of parameter that if you complete a deal with a traded player another deal just changes to the full value of the fee or something?

Since you asked, I've just posted them in the Sliders thread here.

I had some very engaging Live Matches just now. I played as Dortmund at Hanover again (I like the stadium and the way the two teams play), then as Levante vs Valencia in the midday Spanish heat, then another local derby as SK Rapid at FK Austria in rainy Vienna. The last was probably my pick of the three.

I think the low Pass Speed slows the tempo down and more interceptions happen. You and the CPU can still make the passes, you've just got to whack the power up when you need it and it's more difficult to squeeze the ball past an opponent, perhaps making you consider your passes more.

With the lower Run Frequency I feel like I still get the movement I require, there are just slightly fewer bodies piling forward. Same for the CPU.

Tried out your sliders and had a couple of decent tight matches. Increased pass speed to 45 though as 40 was a bit extreme even for me.

I still feel like the CPU AI caught the PES 2013 go forward at all costs bug somewhere between demo and final builds, often they will reject the chance to make an easy backwards pass and just do that stupid strafe dribble until a forward pass becomes available (all the while being protected by an invisible forcefield). I had 60% possession against Arsenal with Man City just now, they seem more wasteful with posession in the final third, almost like the custom tactics aren't having an effect, even Arsenal are firing in Long shots and crossing from deep and they often do these things even when I'm blocking them off resulting in a very high possession turnover rate. I no longer have to dig in deep and survive concerted periods of pressure like I did in the demo where the AI could be passing around my area probing for an opening. That is what is annoying me most about the game right now I'd say, I might be able to learn to adapt to the unsatisfying physics but I can't adapt to the PES 2013 style CPU AI.

How do you turn OFF the sound of OPPONENT's microphone when playing them online? I just want to hear the game's audio not other shit. Same goes for clubs.

Can I not just play against someone online without hearing their crap?

Yesterday I played this MExican guy who had the TV running loud showing what I'm guessing was some Soap Opera and his wife and kids talking in the background commenting on it! :LOL:

WTF?! I went to options but could only see things like commentary volume, announcer, etc.

Back
Top Bottom