FIFA 13

I'm desperately trying to like the game. Still shocked how poor it is compared to the demo, for me, it may now be the worst FIFA :(

Stupidly fast - I've slowed it down using sliders and started a career managing barnet, who should be slow(er compared to prem teams), but it still whizzes around at unrealistic speeds and the ball pings around.

Not enjoying it at all.

The patch isn't available on PC yet. They said it will hit PC before consoles... Having to wait <lol>. Oh yeah, if you have career mode going, it might become damaged after update. Just saying ;).

The patch isn't available on PC yet. They said it will hit PC before consoles... Having to wait <lol>. Oh yeah, if you have career mode going, it might become damaged after update. Just saying ;).
There was a PC update on Wednesday. Or is there another?

Opposite for me; best FIFA.

Really enjoying it.
I agree... alongside the caveat that it took some slider work to get there. Now that I'm close to being settled on sliders that suit me, the latter part of this week I've been loving it.

Especially the amount of unpredictable moments I've been encountering. Enjoying it so much more than 12 because of this.

How are you guys finding the dribbling? Isn't it floaty and the players feel totally weightless. The demo did better.

For some reason I found the demo more floaty when I went back to it with same teams and sliders. It's sad if some people find the demo was better for them than retail. Happens in PES too...

PC version is really pissing me off now..

i am searching for manual matches on seasons and it says opponent found. but then says connection to your opponent has been lost.

can't for the life of me find a manual game because of this.

Has anyone fiddled with the Pitch Wear setting?

It is set to Random by default. I tried it on None and then on High, and I couldn't see any visual difference in the surface texture... however, I think it affects the ball physics. Felt like there was more friction with High pitch wear.

One thing that is bugging me at the moment is the reluctance of many CPU teams to shoot outside the area. They always want to feed a pointless extra pass forward and shoot from ~16 yards. Whereas some teams are happy to have a go.

I'm desperately trying to like the game. Still shocked how poor it is compared to the demo, for me, it may now be the worst FIFA :(

Stupidly fast - I've slowed it down using sliders and started a career managing barnet, who should be slow(er compared to prem teams), but it still whizzes around at unrealistic speeds and the ball pings around.

Not enjoying it at all.

Exactly the opposite for me. Best FIFA yet, but with the fact that I use sliders. Maybe you should use mine and hopefully you'll like the game then.

Legendary
Manual
Slow

Slider: User/CPU

Sprint Speed - 50/ 49
Acceleration - 47/ 46
Shot Error - 50/ 51
Pass Error - 50/ 55
Shot Speed - 50/ 50
Pass Speed - 42/ 42
Injury Frequency - 80/ 90
Injury Severity - 50/ 70
Goalkeeper Ability - 45/ 45
Positioning: Marking - 65/ 65
Positioning: Run Frequency - 50/50
Positioning: Line Height- 50/ 50
Positioning: Line Length -40/40
Positioning: Line Width - 40/40
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 60/ 60
Power Bar – 50
First Touch error - 70/73

;)

Last edited:
If anyone would be so kind to tell me how to alter the sliders in order to avoid every other AI player to turn around like iniesta.

Game is a bit premiership biased. stadia, kit, faces, player individuality all shine in the premiership.

playing a second division italian or spanish team in a generic stadium is pretty crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone would be so kind to tell me how to alter the sliders in order to avoid every other AI player to turn around like iniesta.

Legendary
Manual
Slow

Sprint Speed - 50/ 49
Acceleration - 47/ 46
Shot Error - 50/ 51
Pass Error - 50/ 55
Shot Speed - 50/ 50
Pass Speed - 42/ 42
Injury Severity - 50/ 70
Power Bar – 50

Legendary
Manual
Slow

Sprint Speed - 50/ 49
Acceleration - 47/ 46
Shot Error - 50/ 51
Pass Error - 50/ 55
Shot Speed - 50/ 50
Pass Speed - 42/ 42
Injury Severity - 50/ 70
Power Bar – 50

i'll give it a try thanks.

I get worst free pack today... best one was two weeks ago Schweinsteiger

Yeah I got an IF Gignac card. Meh.

Best I've got in a pack was Rooney a few days ago. Others of note were Di Natale and David Silva. Made around 270k from those 3 alone.

My first team at the moment is (4-2-3-1):
Mandanda; De Ceglie, Barzagli, Pique, Juanfran; De Rossi, Pirlo; Boateng, Silva; Di Natale; Falcao.

Bench: Amelia, Armero, Rami, Vidal, Alonso, Narsingh, Remy, Muriel.

As I say, I'd love Buffon to build the individual chemistry of Barzagli, but Mandanda is decent enough and team chemistry is 100 anyway.

Turned off handballs. Went ahead in my CM game and then the CPU starts to pressure me. Suddenly they get some handball from out of nowhere and a penalty, which I save. But clearly the CPU getting beat wasn't part of the original script so they get another penalty from another handball. Can't remember the last time I conceded a penalty from a handball so felt very convenient.

Back
Top Bottom