FIFA 13

Loaded an older saved game which I'd saved manually and that worked, it seems autosaves don't work?

don't think it does either, while playing manager mode, it keeps freezing at winter transfer and when i try to load the file, it puts me right at the start, two career modes it's happened to at the same spot.

I really do wonder who work's on the cm because they aren't doing a very good job of it, between that and the ref's, there the worst i've seen in a game for a while

Worried now. Started two Manager Mode games, and the match has crashed in the 3rd-4th game around 80-82 minutes in. Rebooted the console, attempted to load each autosave and/or manual save, system hangs.

What am I doing wrong? I know people have been talking about half-fixes, but do any (or all) work? Absolutely gutted here...

They don't play different tactical styles on different difficulties... that wouldn't make any sense.

I think they're just more likely to do lower risk, higher reward stuff on higher levels maybe?

I think that's right.

The tactics themselves are unchanged; but the player decision-making ramps up. Their ability to dribble becomes a lot sharper (not their stats, but their reaction times an judgement of what spaces they can/can't wriggle through and the defender's momentum). They're more likely to pick the right pass too, because the numbers they use to decide what to do become a lot clearer.

It's like the youth scouting. If you're told a player looks like he'll end up a 70-89, 7 times out of 10 you're likely to take a punt - particularly if he's very likely to be a good passer and that's what you're after. The result will vary, which keeps things interesting and authentic. If you're told a player is going to end up in a much tighter range - between 85-89, or 50-55, then regardless of his passing ability (or whatever you're after) your decision is already made.

I only get a hang on loading my CM if my gameface is downloaded.

I am 15 games into the championship with blackburn 3 points behind cardiff.

Really hoping I don't get a crash as I am really enjoying it so far.

For what its worth I am using cloud storage.

My biggest complaint is lack of fouls from the AI never going to see a player sent off unless the keeper fouls which I haven't seen either.
Had 1 yellow card giving to ai in a whole season in the championship

My biggest complaint is lack of fouls from the AI never going to see a player sent off unless the keeper fouls which I haven't seen either.
Had 1 yellow card giving to ai in a whole season in the championship

+1 - This absolutely killed last year's game so when I read several reviews stating that the refs in 13 were sorted I was really looking forward to it. I guess improving CPU fouls meant going from 1 called per game to 2 - it's bloody ridiculous.
The main problem is that 1/3 of the lot of refs in the game are lenient and then you have average as well, so if you don't get a strict ref you're just not gonna see any calls.
EA either need to let you select the ref in game settings in CM, BAP and other offline modes or they need a foul slider. This is a game-killer for me in that not only are there virtually no cards for the opponent but no free kicks for me. Sort it EA!!

dirtyai.jpg

AI don't foul you say? Meant to post this the other day, AI is Doncaster, dirty buggers!

dirtyai.jpg

AI don't foul you say? Meant to post this the other day, AI is Doncaster, dirty buggers!

As stated, the main problem I have is that games like this only happen once in a great while - with the rare combination of frequent CPU fouls and a strict ref. I know there is no way that the game can reflect reality in this regard (though i dont know why as we can get accurate stats in all other areas), but it would be nice to at least get close for sim fans.
The EPL average is 12 fouls per team a game, the rest of the big European leagues average 18 fouls - 36 total fouls per game. You would be hard pressed to see 12 fouls total regularly between both sides in a FIFA match (even the game you show here falls short of that), let alone anything close to 24 or 36. And those are just averages.
I realize that the majority of gamers might be happy to play without any fouls at all interrupting their game, but I think those of us who seek as authentic a gaming experience as possible, with plenty of fouls, free kicks and cards, should at least have some sort of option to do so. With FIFA you can't even come remotely close.

Last edited:
The EPL average is 12 fouls per team a game, the rest of the big European leagues average 18 fouls - 36 total fouls per game. You would be hard pressed to see 12 fouls total regularly between both sides in a FIFA match (even the game you show here falls short of that)

Nobody is saying there shouldn't be more fouls, but...

...you can't compare the two, real football matches are over 90 minutes, my match above is 20 minutes, so multiply that by 4.5 and you have a total of 40 fouls in the match with 14 fouls by me and 32 by the CPU...

In terms of fouls per minute it is reasonably reflective of real life, although I do agree that it would be nice to have more. The occasional extra mis-timed tackle and card would contribute to the experience, as long as it didn't go too far. I can't honestly say that the lack of them actively hinders my enjoyment, however.

Turning handball on (default is off) contributes to some more free-kicks.

...you can't compare the two, real football matches are over 90 minutes, my match above is 20 minutes, so multiply that by 4.5 and you have a total of 40 fouls in the match with 14 fouls by me and 32 by the CPU...

Just noticed from the screenshot that was a 120 minute match so my maths would have been a little off there as 120 minutes would make it essentially 1/3 the length of a real match, but still it's a pretty decent fouling rate IMO :)

CPU fouls for me.

I was 2-1 up in a game, and playing the ball about, into the corner, where a CPU defender sprinted 10 yards to slide through the back of me.

:Y1

Just noticed from the screenshot that was a 120 minute match so my maths would have been a little off there as 120 minutes would make it essentially 1/3 the length of a real match, but still it's a pretty decent fouling rate IMO :)

All well and good for you mate if you think it's decent but as stated there should be an option for gamers that aren't happy with it.

I can play a 20-minute game and get a realistic representation of almost all other events in a footy match from goals to shots to tackles to corners, but I can't get anything even remotely close with fouls. By your logic I should be mutliplying all these stats by 4.5 but I don't have to as the game gives me a compressed experience of 90 minutes in those 20 minutes. I can customize the game to get the EPL average of 3 goals total per game and 25 shots total per game and 11 corners total per game, but I can't even come close to averaging even half the 24 fouls total per game (and consequently not get anywhere near the experience of free kicks and cards).

Again, as stated, I know that the majority of gamers don't want the fuss of fouls (which is likely why EA does not program as many as there should be), but hardcore sim gamers such as myself would at least like the option to experience more fouls (and more freekicks and cards) in a match. Madden, NHL and other EA titles have penalty/foul sliders - why not FIFA??

Last edited:
Been playing with the product.ini for PC version someone mentioned here before. I'm not sure of what most parameters do but with the latest config the CPU is very aggressive and I'm getting enough fouls, if not too much, as I had two penalties in a single 12-min match, first for shirt pulling and another for a mistimed tackle.

Been playing with the product.ini for PC version someone mentioned here before. I'm not sure of what most parameters do but with the latest config the CPU is very aggressive and I'm getting enough fouls, if not too much, as I had two penalties in a single 12-min match, first for shirt pulling and another for a mistimed tackle.

Read about that - those of us on console don't have that option though.
I've played about 50 matches on 15 minutes and haven't gotten a single penalty yet.

I think it all depends really. Had one match Newcastle vs Spurs 8 minute halves no fouls throughout the game.

Had another game Madrid vs Barca and Barca made 8 fouls! so it depends they were generally done by the likes of Mascherano, Song and Sergio Bus

To chip in on the fouls aspect, atm I'm busy trying out the custom tactics ( which thankfully look to be effective again) and watching the ai vs ai matches there are hardly any fouls, and not a huge amount of tackles either. So far ive watched 4 matches, 2 on legendary, 2 on wc with all the matches being between possesion vs long ball. I even edited the stoke defense and midfield to all have 99 agression just to see if that would make a difference, but sadly it didnt seem to change much. They really need to tweak the ai to make more mistakes or be more reckless with tackles, as by themselves they dont seem to do anything. Cant remember seeing a sliding tackle, and the fouls that got called were a handball, a tugback and a header collision.

I think it all depends really. Had one match Newcastle vs Spurs 8 minute halves no fouls throughout the game.

Had another game Madrid vs Barca and Barca made 8 fouls! so it depends they were generally done by the likes of Mascherano, Song and Sergio Bus

That's exactly the point I was making mate - most of it depends on what ref you get. If he's strict, you'll have fouls called, if lenient or average, you may get none.
Don't know why EA doesn't just allow us to choose the ref before a CM match (just like they do with a friendly) - then gamers would have the option if they want the match called strict or lenient. Simples really.

I have one problem and I would be grateful if someone could help me.. I bought FIFA 13 for pc today. I installed it and everything is ok. When I am in the step which u save the hospitality settings whatever I choose (Yes or No) and want to continue the game the screen freezes in FIFA 13 logo with the ball and the nets.. I've searched other forums too,even EA's and others have that issue. I'm totally pissed off. Can anyone help me please?? I'm new in FIFA... Please

I see that the CPU didn't receive a single card in that match though.

Maybe a bigger problem is not the quantity of fouls but the quality, or type, of fouls - I rarely see mistimed tackles, or overly aggressive slide tackles, etc. by the CPU. Through October in my Npower League 2 CM, I've also given away several PKs but not had one called against the CPU.

It's all a little too perfect by the CPU.

It's indicative of a larger issue - ever since introducing Tactical Defending, FIFA plays a far less aggressive game. Just like EA are wont to do, they over-compensated for the heat-seeking missiles of FIFA 11.

This can also be seen at those times when the AI decides to ramp up its attack when it's losing and it can seem impossible to get close to the ball.

The fouling, or lack there-of, is indicative of a much larger issue. I prefer this to what it was like in FIFA 11, but there's certainly some serious tweaking to the system that needs to happen.

If anyone on PC, or XBOX fancies a game, just tell me. Got it for PC today and loving using licensed kits for Brazil online!

Also, can you change players kit style to technifit or normal?

Cant you choose the ref in the main settings menu? Same as ball, gamespeed, etc.

For a friendly, yes, but for all other game modes, no - the option isn't there. For CM I'm pretty sure it's a rotation of the refs who are the same nationality as the league you play in so for every one game you get with a few decent fouls with a strict ref, you get the next two or three with not much from the lenient and average refs.
What EA should have done was start the refs at strict and go up from there. In addition, the degree of strictness should be skewed to the respective leagues they ref in - that is, if you play in the Bundesliga or Serie A you'll get a lot more fouls called than if you play in the EPL.
I don't know why these type of ideas never get considered by professional game designers. :CONFUSE:

Back
Top Bottom