Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

I'd suggest getting Yeray, starts as a 20 year old 60 overall and jumped up to 65 in one year for me in one of my many many careers haven't checked him recently but +5 in one year suggests excellent growth, I intend to sign him in my next career started below:

Anyway this time as Bristol Rovers, as I felt my York career had lost touch for me.

I feel I should set out some rules this time, very basic:

- No exploiting the Free Agents, sign only who I need and not players who I think I can use in trade deals later on.

- Age limit only signing players aged 17-23.

- Players who want to go according to the papers have to go, no exceptions.

With an alright squad at my disposal I quickly look into improving my CAM and LB options as my options are severely limited in these positions.

TARGETS
GK - Yeray - RCD Mallorca - 20 years old - 60 overall: My enquiry into him came up with a value of only £180,000 a real bargain for a player of high (I hope) potential.

GK - Kone - Free Agents - 22 years old - 63 overall: My previous experience with this lad is that he's solid between the sticks and a good back up should the Yeray deal fall through.

LB - Hogg - Free Agents - 22 years old - 61 overall: Adding strength to an otherwise poor position in my basic squad, potential for growth is there however there does not appear to be anything special about this player.

CAM - Somoza - Free Agents - 22 years old - 61 overall: Quick for his overall and comes with mid 60's passing and 4* skill moves making him a very good option for the club.

ST - Avila - Free Agents - 22 years old - 68 overall: Strong dribbling, finishing, free kicks and ball control combined with better than League 2 stats in his 'required' stats make him a must get at only £2,000 in wages.

OUTGOING (listed)
ST - Richards - 20 years old - 60 overall - Loan Listed.
ST - Ayinsah - 27 years old - 59 overall - Transfer Listed.
ST - Harding - 18 years old - 49 overall - Transfer Listed.
ST - Harrison - 18 years old - 47 overall - Transfer Listed.
ST - Harrold - 27 years old - 62 overall - Transfer Listed.
LM - Brown - 21 years old - 57 overall - Transfer Listed.
CB - Virgo - 29 years old - 61 overall - Transfer Listed.
GK - Bevan - 32 years old - 59 overall - Transfer Listed.

With a squad over-haul on the cards and a clear indication that this is a start of a new era at Rovers a new fresh young set of targets being approached things look hopeful for the future, even if the new boss has shown a clear lack of interest in sentimental value by selling players who've spent years of their careers with the club.

Updates will be posted as and when!

So many crashes. My season has been disrupted by pause menu freezing in matches and a strange occurence where my match on Transfer Deadline Day was simmed without me knowing.

I feel like I'm trying to prevent the game breaking whenever I have a match. Add in the rubbish player switching and playing this feels like a chore. Can't remember being this disappointed with a FIFA game in a while.

Well, it's been fun reading this during my work hours ha.

Thought I'd mention a good buy if you're starting from the lower leagues. Bernie Ibini-Isei from the A-League costs around £300,000-400,000 to bring in, and dirt cheap wages, and develops into a decent Championship quality striker.

I'm in my third season, and he's currently 22 and 74 OVR. Plus he's incredibly fast, and gets faster. I think his acceleration is 94 and his top speed 95-96 for me currently, though I imagine he'll get faster still. Finishing and dribbling are decent as far as I remember too. He's also about 6'3.

I bought Avila as well. Avila was quality, but a bit small, and not actually that fast. I sold him this season which the papers and fans weren't too happy with ha. Think he was around 75 OVR at that point.

My favourite player has to be my young CB I got on a free. Sgrigna the 6'9 unit, 69 OVR, who looks like Dolph Lungdren's character out of the Rocky films. He's immense, wins everything in the air, and is only 18. Game pegs him as destined to be a great player.

Currently in 2nd season as manager of birmingham and in the premiership,
cleared the squad of deadwood in my first season and brought in young players such as piazon, ginter and suso
board gave me 12 million to spend to stay up and was mostly spent on better scouts and new CBs such as prince desir gouano (sorry if wrong spelling) also brought in a few loanees such as fischer (currently with real madrid) and some cb from juventus
Coming 5th after 5 games with a record of 2-2-1 and playing on legendary with some slider adjustments, will continue to updat if there is interest:))

Another interesting thing I've tried is to play matches locked to only the goalkeeper. It essentially means the cpu is playing the match instead, which gives the effect of your players actually playing to their stats rather than you compensating for team shortcomings. It also allows you to make the subs, and on-the-fly tactical changes during the match.

As someone who regularly sims matches, it makes an interesting change. Watching your new signing score a hat-trick under his own volition is far more rewarding to me than making him do it, or having the cpu tell me he did it after simming the match.

The one thing to sort out is user and cpu tweaks as your team tends to play better than the opposition when the cpu takes over.

Pulled together a decent string of results so far in my second season. I did manage to offload Raul Meireles and find Arsenal 2 points behind me in the league.

When i signed Alejandro Gomez i told him that he would be a Squad Rotation Player but he wants a more involved role, so I have had to give him an extended run of play: hoping he doesn't dip in Morale

I just need to ask, Who is the most advisable to choose as captain of your team?
In my case, I have a hierarchy:
Captain - John Terry (33)
V/Captain - Frank Lampard (35)
3rd Captain - Petr Cech (31)
4th Captain - Ashley Cole (32)

Now this may seem strange, the issue of captaincy, but according to FIFA Scouting Tips.com, your choice of captain affects the organization of your team and the overall morale of your squad members, postively or negatively, and that your captain always gets a periodic morale boost.

Most of us may not care, but there's some food for thought; I woukd love all your suggestions and opinions

Why is it that in FIFA you can't change captains during the match but in real life it always happens; so Frank Lampard is tired and want to bring him off, and I'll have to ontend with a 20 year old youth player captaining a team that has much older players than him. NOT COOL :(

I just need to ask, Who is the most advisable to choose as captain of your team?
In my case, I have a hierarchy:
Captain - John Terry (33)
V/Captain - Frank Lampard (35)
3rd Captain - Petr Cech (31)
4th Captain - Ashley Cole (32)

Now this may seem strange, the issue of captaincy, but according to FIFA Scouting Tips.com, your choice of captain affects the organization of your team and the overall morale of your squad members, postively or negatively, and that your captain always gets a periodic morale boost.

Most of us may not care, but there's some food for thought; I woukd love all your suggestions and opinions

I would advise you to pick someone else other then than four.They're all over 30, hence will decline RAPIDLY and soon become unusable.

I just bought <a href="http://www.progamingshop.sk/fifa-13-cz-p-205865.html">fifa 13</a> (xbox360) and it seems that everyone i play against can sprint with the ball right at their feet and faster than me. When i sprint with the ball it suddenyl just goes ahead, what am i doing wrong? Its annoying that im running with it and it then goes 3/4 yards ahead and the other team gets it. Also how do you all of the turns quickly, ive tried everything and it wont do it?Any help please, its annoying

My career mode trying to be signed eventually by Arsenal is going well.

Started off at Barnet, won the league 2 and the Paint Trophy.

Moved to Bilbao and came 3rd and won the cup and super cup.

Now Moved to PSG half way through second season with Bilbao and fighting for a place with Ibra, Lavezzi, Lewandowski etc but they play 3 forwards so am getting alot of games, but if I don't play well I get subbed sharpish.

Beat Barcelona convincingly over two legs in Champs League, but got humped by Chelsea in the next round.

Bad thing is I was in the Champs League with Bilbao and moved half way through the season to PSG and could play in the Champs league with them as well. I liked it, but not good.

Hopefully in a season or two Arsenal might come in for me? Would like to try the Italian league as well maybe.

Started off at my home town club Derry City (Be a Pro ), In the Airtricity League (Ireland) , Made myself a big strong Target Man, Position i never ever tried before in FIFA. Been dreaming of a move to Celtic. After the first half of the season i managed 11 goals. As the Jan window opened Celtic made a move for me to my Shock....:BOP:, So i Signed. And the gits sent me out on loan, Was gutted.....:COAT:, I'm on Loan a Kilmarnock now and have managed 4 goals in 5 games, just hope Celtic keep me at the end of the season. As i really want to do a couple of seasons then get a move to the EPL.

Help a dummy please!!

I'm trying to resign as manager ofchelsea but I can't seem to find the option??

Someone help me out please!!!

I don't think you can resign.....:WHISTLE:

Do you not have to retire and then it make's you start a new game......:((

Well on my quest to be signed by Arsenal, I had offers from Chelsea, Liverpool and......Spurs! Bloody annoying.

We had Arsenal in our champions league group and beat them both times (I'm with PSG at the moment) and I scored a couple in those games and played quite well, so I am hoping they noticed ;)) and will put an offer in in the Jan Transfer window :DD

Im in my second season of my cm with manchester united. I won the Champions league in my first season beating FC Barcelona 3-1. Ive bought a columbian striker called muriel who is just an absoulute BEAST !!!!! and i also bought Insigne a CF who is just a sensational young player.
I play a 4 1 2 1 2. Lewandowski was a bargain at 14 mil. Im currently in the semi final of the champions league against Valencia. im new to ewo web so any advice from you guys would be helpful !!!!! thxs !

Couldn't wait for the transfer window update to get back into Fifa, so decided to do a Newcastle CM until Mid Feb, decided to get the takeover thingy and the fucker didn't activate in my CM so I didn't get the money, seems this is a very common bug :(

Couldn't wait for the transfer window update to get back into Fifa, so decided to do a Newcastle CM until Mid Feb, decided to get the takeover thingy and the fucker didn't activate in my CM so I didn't get the money, seems this is a very common bug :(

Everyone has a problem with the fianancial takeover on cm. ive tried 3 times and ive gotton nothing. WELL DONE EA ! I bet your enjoying our ea points !

Mine didn't acivate in my CM unless I
A) bought it while on the game mode select screen (the on with Ultimate Team, Career etc) and then loaded my save or started a new career

Or

B) Bought it in career mode, Quit out and then re-loaded from there.

Otherwise no problems really.

Alright im gonna be starting a new career mode. My career modes will be posted on here like a story. Any one like to help me out here as i have no idea who to pick. I was considering real madrid because of the fact that they have 73 million to spend. (OMG !) Any suggestions ?

Alright im gonna be starting a new career mode. My career modes will be posted on here like a story. Any one like to help me out here as i have no idea who to pick. I was considering real madrid because of the fact that they have 73 million to spend. (OMG !) Any suggestions ?

How about a team with very little money, then the game might be..y'know, a challenge?

Yeah I don't think many people will be interested in a story about one of the big teams, you will win everything and sign great players etc

Go for a lessor team and find bargain players and do well and build them up over a couple of seasons, that is interesting.

Yeah I don't think many people will be interested in a story about one of the big teams, you will win everything and sign great players etc

Go for a lessor team and find bargain players and do well and build them up over a couple of seasons, that is interesting.

Exactly what i do when playing as a manager, I also start with a strict budged, Which mean most signings are free transfers or loan deals, Anyone i sign come's from winnings or transfers.

Good idea im actually thinking of picking a team thats in the championship or below. Maybe a road to the BPL ?

Back
Top Bottom