Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

Has anybody else had the problem of their CM not letting them advance? My York City career won't advance at all. Is there anyway I can correct this? Thank you.

I'm not sure whether it has been started with the latest patch as I haven't been informed of a new one being available on my PS3 in a while.

But I'm at the beginning of the second season.

Im at A Madrid and have swapped Falcao for Neymar plus sold Turan to Chelsea.
Also brought Torres back (19 goals in all compes so far). Brought in Lescott, Baines, Lucas, Tello, Eriksen and Dortmunds right back who name escapes me.

Coming to end of the season and have just lost 0-2 to Madrid which kills off any hope of me winning the league. I should quailify for CL. There are about 6 games left. Went on a 9 game winning streak which really helped me climb the table.

Adrian is bang in form at the moment and Tello has about 14 assists.

Dortmunds right back who name escapes me
Piszczek?

I ended my Dortmund career after 2 seasons. Walked away as league winners, but couldn't quite get the Champions League.

I've opted for a new CM at Real Madrid (after the winter transfer window I'll do a United one), mainly because the squad isn't that big - especially after shifting some overrated players - so can bring in a mix of marquees & youngsters...

Ins & Outs
Out:
Pepe -> Man Utd, £9.5m, thank you very much!
Carvalho -> QPR, £1m
Khedira -> Leverkusen, £12m (wasn't for sale, but let him go back to Germany)
Ozil -> Man City, £38m
Higuain -> Chelsea, £29m
Kaka & Callejon -> used in part exchange deals.

In:
Subotic - Dortmund, £9m. Replaced Pepe
Kouyate - Anderlecht, £4.3m. Replaced Carvalho, & was awesome in my Dortmund career
Benito - FC Zurich, £2.5m. Rapid young left back, stats are pretty good too.
Rafael Galhardo - Santos. Young RB, to cover / take over from Arbeloa
De Marcos - Bilbao, £7m. Replaced Khedira, can play almost anywhere.
Isco - Malaga, £11m. Promising playmaker, will cover Alonso.
Muniain - Bilbao, £16m. Needed some wingers, & opted to bring in Spanish players.
Duelofeu - Barca B, £5m. Same as above, and was good during Dortmund career.
Neymar - Santos, £16m + Kaka.
Wellinton - £9m. Another success at Dortmund, replacing Callejon.
Falcao - Atletico, £42m. He put in a request, so seemed rude not to make an offer on deadline day.

Into November, and currently joint top with Atletico. Barcelona are in 4th, but not ruling them out just yet!
Also managed to win the opening 4 CL games, so can rest the big players ahead of the league games for a while.

Wellinton had a slow start to the season, but after a few goals the media are praising him, saying he's a fan favourite (not seen that before). Modric is getting narked over losing his place, so might look to ship him out in the next window.

I'm really starting to hate this CM: too many games too close together [EPL on Saturday, UCL on Tuesday, Capital One Cup on Thursday] and too little transfer funds [and I'm using Chelsea] Ongoing offer for Adrian of Atletico really hope it goes through because my only strikers are Torres (17 goals) and Lewandowski (17 goals): as you may tell I have a very shallow squad, any advice? thanks in advance

Just had a thought about the player growth; has anyone had a player grow more than +5 in a single season?

I've got a couple of players who were growing at a fercious pace but they haven't grown for ages now - they're both at +5 already for the season.

Maybe to combat the fast growth they've put in a cap of +5 per season? :THINK:

EDIT: I'm certain there's a cap of +5

Just started the new season, not a single game played and Lecointe is up to 67... although it only says +1.. and I checked all the growth just before I ended the previous season... weird...

Yeah and Gurrieri is up to 70, so is Punch; Bandalovski is also up to 71.
Right now I have two players on +6; Nathan Ake and Lucas Piazon

i was busy with nba2k. today i played a few fifa game (stoke city career).
I must say, it is a hell of a game with some sliders adj. the unexpected is alwasy there as opposed to pro evolution scripting. great fun.

I hate how the keepers are stupidly overpowered: in the FA Cup against Chelsea's world class striker's a league two keeper is pulling off triple saves from point blank range; tempted to resort to siders...

Looking to start a new CM at some point in the near future, can anyone suggest some methods of making the gameplay more similar to real life football? (i.e. The AI retaining the ball more and adopting certain styles like long ball, rather than simply playing on the counter)

If anybody has any information it will be appreciated, thank you.

Anyone looking for a great striker on a mild budget, Adrian is definitely the man for you,
Here are just some of his stats
Pace - 83
Accel. - 87
Att. Position - 83
Dribb. - 87
Ball Control - 84

He is around 7,000,000 pounds, great striker, he's been banging in the goals, already at 10, and with3 different hat-tricks, already +1 to 80

Your not been cheeky mate theres a website were i got my custom tactics from and yea i have changed my sliders to suit me mate.

Any chance you could link me to the website? Also, do you have to enter them all manually?

Ah okay, I'll take a look at some of the sliders people have posted on the sliders thread, thank you.

Hey guys I'm new. Just started my first Career as manager for Al Shabab in the Saudi Professional League.We actually won the Saudi league my first season. I attempted to bring some big names to Al Shabab but none of them would agree haha so I mainly focus on my scouts bringing in talent. I have one player from Argentina named Pablo Ramos who is 70 ovr and only 16 years old so Im really excited about that.Another player we found was a kid in the US that we scouted for awhile and we broguht them to Al Shabab and I think their on the US National Team now. I turned down a couple International jobs (India, Hungry, Romania, Peru, Bolivia and a few others) but decided to take the Ecuadorian national job and I think we qualified for the World Cup! After this season Im hoping to try and purchase Antonio Valencia from Manchester United.

I paid Manchester United 20 million for a transfer of Antonio Valencia, I offered Valencia a 1 year deal for 300k a week. He better accept

And rejected again. Im just gonna try and get him on a loan

....Didn't work I gave up on Valencia

Last edited:
Hoy Goys,

I haven't posted on here in absolute ages, however, after an extended break from fifa, i have resumed my career with Plymouth Argyle and I felt obliged to return with a little update:

I won promotion to the premier league! Woooooo!
It wasn't all sunshine and daisies though (I'm unsure of what the exact saying is but ah well, this is my adaptation), we only managed to secure second place in the championship, finishing 4 points adrift of the league winners Southampton.

Anyhoo, after securing promotion and plodding on into the following summer the board gave me a nice tasty budget of £7 million to splash around the joint. Being the over-cautious, tight-pocketed chap that lower league management has shaped me into however, I had no intention of running around the town centre in my underpants waving bundles of cash above my head shouting 'YOLO'.

I decided to invest wisely in the squad and since there was a fair bunch of deadwood rotting in my ranks I had quite a bit of negotiating to do:

IN

Connor Coady (CDM) - £3 million, Liverpool (didn't want to spend this much but he seemed like a perfect fit)
Ryan Gough (CAM) - Free Agent
Arouna Razak (CB) - Free Agent
Sosa Pena (CM) - Free Agent
Brett Pitman (ST) - £500k, Bristol City

OUT

Jake Lowry (CM) - £100k
Jonathon Perrot (CB) - £2.2 million
Georgi Sarmov (CAM) - £350k
Ahmed Fathy (CDM) - £200k
Alex Brosque (ST) - £300k

Now, I was sceptical as to how well this 'stingyness' had served me in the clubs finances so I did a quick calculation and it turns out, over the previous 3 seasons, and the summer of this 4th season, I have actually made a profit of £1.2 million overall! :SMUG:

Just to finish off, here is how my squad is looking at the moment:

Starting XI

GK. Marc Vidal 71
RB. Ivan Bandalovski 73
CB. Curtis Nelson 71
CB. Jonothan Ulm 78
LB. Punch Masenamela 73
RCM. Luke Young 72
CDM. Connor Coady 74
LCM. Jose Maria Sosa Pena 75
RW. Andreas Gurrieri 74
ST. Biagio Benedetti 80
LW. Rustem Golubov 74

Subs

GK. Rene Gilmartin 69
CB. John Emerton 74
CM. Federico Bassi 73
CAM. Ryan Gough 70
LW. Mathias Cisse 72
ST. Matt Lecointe 72
ST. Brett Pitman 67

Reserves

RM. Joe Lennox 61
CAM. Jordan Copp 59
CDM. Jason Macklin 55
CDM. Josepmir Ballon 68
RB. Durrell Berry 67
CB. Arouna Razak 72
LB. Onismer Bhasera 65

Thanks if you took the time to read all of this :))

Any chance you could link me to the website? Also, do you have to enter them all manually?

Ah okay, I'll take a look at some of the sliders people have posted on the sliders thread, thank you.

Yea sadley mate you do after enter them manually i will find the website for you unless someone else knows it on here.

Back
Top Bottom