Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

Obviously I could be reading more into it but here's the conv (remembered the name of the wrong EA employee, immurbase is the one who went off in a big huff with me):

Munraj Hyare ‏@thisismunny
How's everyone's career mode going?
@Placebo_obecalP
@thisismunny gd thanks, Won EFA with Owls last season&managing Sweden (knocked out Euros groups tho), bugs better now, more patches coming?
‏@thisismunny
@Placebo_obecalP can't answer that.
‏@Placebo_obecalP
@thisismunny damn that doesn't sound good, there's still a lot of bugs/freezes left in the game :(
@thisismunny
@Placebo_obecalP that you're actively experiencing still?
@Placebo_obecalP
@thisismunny Yes, bugs such as custom chants not working, default ball of promoted team not being EPL ball, but still freezes lock up 360

Maybe, maybe.

On a side note, I really really hate black faceless minifaces of youth players.
There are many ways they can fix that:
- buy fotos of faces of teenagers from gettyimages etc and add kits to them. It would cost a few thousand euros.
- go to a highschool in uk and photograph teenager faces. Kids would love it, it would be free + good pr for the game
- go to a minor league youth club and photograph player faces
Etc.

Last edited:
Yeah in the end I got him for something like £22m which wasn't bad and I'll surely make a nice profit, I was just curious to play with someone of the calibre of Neymar in my team :)

he is a phenom in this game... havent played with messi, but the amount of technical ability, speed, and shooting power is insane. real game changer on the wing and 10 position.

Maybe, maybe.

On a side note, I really really hate black faceless minifaces of youth players.
There are many ways they can fix that:
- buy fotos of faces of teenagers from gettyimages etc and add kits to them. It would cost a few thousand euros.
- go to a highschool in uk and photograph teenager faces. Kids would love it, it would be free + good pr for the game
- go to a minor league youth club and photograph player faces
Etc.

This would be really cool. I also hate the black silhouettes. In my current career I finally started building a youth squad. Normally I can't be bothered with scouts and youth players, but when you're playing the Dutch League, the ratings gap between your first team players and your youth squad is surmountable without having to wait six seasons for youngsters to reach a somewhat decent rating. And it turns out to be good fun. But the thing is, so far I have promoted three youth players and they all turn out to have a weak foot rating of only one star! Which I find ridiculous, especially since they're three talented youngsters with high potentials. But even if they weren't, I don't think I have ever seen regular players with one star weak foot ratings, only goalkeepers. So I'm really disappointed with that, especially since I've read somewhere that weak foot and skill ratings don't grow.

Argh, so finally managed to finish my first season, made some good transfers in the summer and started the season well. Decided to check my manager career stats and enjoy my first trophy.... But once again the c***s at EA have neglicted to bring back the trophy cabinet, or improve the sh**e that is the career menu so I am left wondering..."Which cup did I actually win?" Because all you can see is "domestic cups won".

Tip for EA; when making a mode where a large part of it are achievements with trophies being the biggest one, how about actually f**king showing us!!!

Sorry for the rant, but this is so annoying, especially when I read one of the previews/reviews saying this had been sorted.

Any word what's included?

Hey Placebo, speaking of PC I have decided to completely switch from PS3 to PC for FIFA13 because of bugs/glitches. I'm not tech savy so it took me a bit to get new stadiums and Mod sorted but wow... it is beautiful for my Everton CM - I'm using BFL's Goodison Park and a whole heap other stadiums about to be released. This why I thought of you - check out this creation http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176077&page=11

You may already know your fav teams stadium is being built for PC , but just incase you missed it. The guy doing it is really doing a top job with the detail.

Come to the dark side Luke.... FIFA13 on PC :D

Decided to start a new CM with Tottenham Hotspurs instead.

When FIFA first came out, I started one but it's was not with the updated squads, so I have started a new one.

Barclay PL League Table:
Had a bad start, but after that I haven't looked back.
ege1wz.jpg

EURO League Table:
sb6dsh.jpg

Barclays PL Topscorers
357nips.jpg

Using Dembélé as a CAM, but he is just a beast and is so good at creating chances and just hammering them in from distance.

Had a decent transfer window:
zlbvuo.jpg

If you want - I can upload pictures after each match?

How are you enjoying your tenure as Sweden Boss, Paul?

How do you like the International side of management? I haven't experienced it yet myself since I've barely played CM mode but with latest update out now, I'm gonna start one.

Actually really enjoying it, first real matches were the Euros which didn't go very well as I was still getting used to the players (not very good squad compared to my 4 year Wednesday team), didn't make it past the group stage but then started the World Cup qualification and it's going better, lost the opening match against Norway but then found a formation and lineup that works for the players and won the next match 5-1 in Slovenia and then got a 0-0 in Holland which I thought was excellent then another win so I'm hopeful of qualifying for the World Cup, have a really weak squad though so need some magical regens to come from somewhere! Definitely plays quite different from club football and helps to be managing a nation you have some interest in :)

Sounds very interesting.

I hope to take charge of Swiss National team and bring them to glory days. Putting my nationality as Swiss is hopefully gonna help that.

For two years I declined all international offers, all from subpar countries, until at the end of season 2 Belgium came along. Couldn't resist. And alle WC Qualifiers had already been played, so it was straight to the World Cup! I have just beaten England in the quarter finals, Italy will be my next opponent.

At the same time I am starting my third season with Feyenoord. After two fourth places in the previous seasons, I would like to be able to compete for the title this season. But at the same time I want to play as many youth / young players as possible, so it's gonna be difficult...

Started a Career Mode with York City as it's a wonderful city that I enjoy visiting and it deserves a much better football team than it currently has.

There isn't much money at hand so I've made the following transfers:

(IN) Iliya Milanov - CB/59/20 - Free
(IN) Nathaniel Chalobah - CB/60/17 - Season loan from Watford
(IN) Michael Hoganson - LB/51/18 - Season loan from Derby County

(OUT) Doig - CB/53/31 - £15,000 to Cork City

Mainly looked to bolster my defense, as I feel having a good back line is more crucial to turning the side into a possible promotion candidate and with the players being young they'll develop to be even better as the season goes on. I'm a big fan of Roberto Martinez' and Michael Laudrup and their philosophy of playing out from the back and playing attractive football and shall look to craft a team of players able to keep the ball for periods of time whilst looking to disect the other team, but my first priority as I have said is to build a strong defense before I develop the rest of my team.

I have renewed the vast majority of contracts, but one of the brightest players at the club Michael Potts refused to sign a new contract and stated he will be moving at the end of his contract. I have decided to sell him now and at least gain some funds to spend on the squad (or maybe scouting) rather than let him leave on a free in the summer.

I have only played 3 competitive games so far, the first I lost 1-0 to Morcambe in the league, despite being in control of the game until the last 30 minutes when the tables turned. I then crashed out of the Capital One Cup to Nottingham Forest via a 1-0 defeat, it was a similar story to the Morcambe game which once again left me feeling disappointed. In the final game I played I finally achieved victory smashing Southend 3-1 at home, thanks to two nifty goals in the final 10 minutes when they began to press hard for a late winner.

I will update come the end of the transfer window, or when anything of note arises - thank you.

I became disgruntled at Roma with their 4-3-3 formation failing to get the best from my player. Nearly every goal I scored I had to create myself.

So, I decided to take the first offer that came up in January. Alas nothing did so half way through the month I tried to force a transfer - denied, likewise a loan - denied.

Thus, faced with the option of plodding on unhappily for the rest of the season (but top of the league and top scorer) or retiring, I did a Stan Collymore and quit.

I was then faced with a plethora of management jobs so desperate to return to the Prem I picked Southampton as I liked the idea of keeping them up and seeing how high up I could finish.

Managed to do some excellent deals in the last week of the window and have strengthened the squad with relative unknowns and I'm now in the semi's of the FA Cup (beating Liverpool 3-2 in the qtrs) and jostling for a mid-table finish with all of the usual suspects.

I think it's now year 2015 so I'm not sure I will carry on much longer before starting again with another team as I like to keep to realistic, current squads, playing against randomly generated youth-developed players isn't much fun to me.

Perhaps I will start in the 4th division (or whatever it's called these days).

Anyone else struggle to still enjoy CM after a certain amount of years?

Quick update on my York City Career Mode.

Progressed through the transfer window with only 2 more deals made:

(OUT) Michael Potts CM/56/20 - Aldershot Town £140,000

(IN) Andraz Struna CM/58/23 - Free

Michael Potts had refused to sign a new contract and wanted to play football elsewhere so I decided to take the cash I could for him and bring in Struna as his replacement, slight increase in quality, and is a sturdy defensive minded player who can play all along the back four as well, very versatile.

Overall, the team is doing quite well and I am managing to play some very nice football but I am really struggling to score goals. Scott Dobie, arguably the most talented striker hasn't scored a goal all season and the most any of my Strikers and Center Forwards have scored is 2. So will be looking to find a player with a knack for goals in January possibly and maybe offloading the under performing strikers to try and bring in one that fits the system I am using better.

We're 16 games into the season now and sit 13th in the nPower league 2 with a W/D/L record of 6-5-5 and have 23 points. One of positives from this is that we have the best defense in the league as we've only conceded 12, however the scoring problem is once again evident as we have only scored 15.

Additionally, we are through to the area quarter final of Johnstone Paint Trophy after a shock 3-0 win against Scunthorpe and are now set to face MK Dons. First choice Centre Back and captain of the side Iliya Milanov is out for 2 weeks with a bruised leg he picked up in the last league game against Exeter so he will be a huge miss, however veteran midfielder Lee Bullock will have recovered from a broken ankle injury that kept him out for 3 months which is a bonus as it will restore some depth to my midfield.

Thank you for reading.

Little update from me too.

Finished the season in 7th place with Southampton, having won the FA Cup 2-1 v Chelsea (last minute winner again and my first ever over-head kick).

The board were very generous with their transfer budget as I far surpassed expectations so I spent July stripping out all of the crap and older players and I've bought a load of auto-generated players, 18-21. I've sold my 3 biggest players too so I've still got £20m in the bank so I might treat myself to a superstar (if they'll come).

Had good offers from Columbia and Scotland but I'm holding out for one that really appeals to me.

So I think I'll give Southampton one more season (this will be 2015/16) before starting again.

Just started my second CM and noticed that once again my manager on the touchline is old and gray haired. Is there some sort of parameter that dictates his appearance such as what body type or outfit you select? Or is it just random?
I've seen a younger dark haired manager coaching the opposition - has anyone gotten him in their CM or do we always get stuck with the Fergie type??

Abit of help needed im gunna start a MC with liverpool any ideas off players to sign.Im looking at a couple of forwards and a defenders decent obvs lol.
Lorenzo Insigne is excellent up front, also Romagnoli & Papadopoulos from AS Roma & Schalke respectively have excellent for me in defence.

Two questions:

1 are there handsballs in the game ? With my carreer player i'm currently loaned out to Doncaster Rovers and we had to play a league Cup match against Swindon. I lost that match because of a penalty that i really don't get. There was no contact at all with a Swindon player, the only possibility is a hands ball...
2 Something weird happened. I had to play Stevenage two times in a row. The first time in the Johson Paint Cup and the second time in the league. I won the first match and for the second match i received an e-mail from Stevenage that they were sorry but due to injuries and suspensions they did not have enough players to start a match. I won that match 3-0. Anybody else has had this?

This is my most enjoyable carreer until now, really love the lower leagues. Fantastic.

Two questions:

1 are there handsballs in the game ? With my carreer player i'm currently loaned out to Doncaster Rovers and we had to play a league Cup match against Swindon. I lost that match because of a penalty that i really don't get. There was no contact at all with a Swindon player, the only possibility is a hands ball...
2 Something weird happened. I had to play Stevenage two times in a row. The first time in the Johson Paint Cup and the second time in the league. I won the first match and for the second match i received an e-mail from Stevenage that they were sorry but due to injuries and suspensions they did not have enough players to start a match. I won that match 3-0. Anybody else has had this?

This is my most enjoyable carreer until now, really love the lower leagues. Fantastic.

Hey.

1) - I'm still getting penalties for things that aren't clear but I don't think I've heard the commentators call any free-kick or penalty as "hand-ball" since the latest update.
2) - Ha, yes, I've had that too when on loan at Crewe - thought it was cute how they apologised!

I do have them turned on and I believe I've had infringements that can only be hand-balls but literally not once has Tyler uttered the words "hand" and "ball" together.

I wasn't aware that they were in my settings, must have looked over them. Anyway, i will not change it. It happens IRL too.

Back
Top Bottom