Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

OK now even I am annoyed now.
Started new lowered the minutes and properly started on wc(b4 first couple was pro then up to wc)
Now either i was to good or montpellier is a buggy team! i managed to win 10-0
They got 2 red cards for behind tackles and 3 injured players one injured 4 times but never subbed???
My possesion was 55% and passing was 81% to their 32%

Before anyone says also i play with assists and default sliders

Problem is i dont know the right changes regarding sliders etc to make it better and more real.
Probably why i just casually play it.
Is that the reason i am getting "easy" results??

Hey fellas... I am going to start a career with a created player.
I want to know what is the growth rate of a created player. Is there a potential we can set or is there a default?
Say, if I start with a created player with a rating of 65 (maybe 18 yrs old), what rating would he reach in 5 years?

Problem is i dont know the right changes regarding sliders etc to make it better and more real.
Probably why i just casually play it.
Is that the reason i am getting "easy" results??

Try one of the slider sets, obviously I'm biased but I feel mine plays realistically, try World Class + Manual Controls + My sliders (link in signature), at the end of the day it's your game, you should play how you want, for me personally winning matches by huge margins isn't realistic and I'd want the game to be as close to the experience of watching EPL matches as possible, in how it plays and in how the results end up.

I play on professional all manual usually 7 mins. I'm not great at the game, but this let's me be successful and enjoy the game. My Vp is usually the top scorer but by a couple of goals and with around 20-30 goals in the league.

So you see I wasn't trying to dictate to you by any means, some people would say mine is too easy, but it is still a challenge for me and most of my wins are by 1 or two goals which mirrors real life some what Imo.

I really wanted you to post something others would want to read as you are going to a lot of effort to post here which is great.

But really if you are enjoying the game that's all that matters :))

Try one of the slider sets, obviously I'm biased but I feel mine plays realistically, try World Class + Manual Controls + My sliders (link in signature), at the end of the day it's your game, you should play how you want, for me personally winning matches by huge margins isn't realistic and I'd want the game to be as close to the experience of watching EPL matches as possible, in how it plays and in how the results end up.

Well i tried that and i had to turn it off in all honestly,

The first and only match using it was far from realistic!!!!!
West Brom 7-3 Liverpool.

West brom winning like that is no way realistic even on their best day and liverpools worst lol

I'll try and tweak it again but that sure put me off lol

:)

Well you build up to it, if you're not very good on manual start on professional, eventually you'll get so familiar with the controls you'll be able to move up to the higher skill levels and the game is still challenging :)

Well I finished my Roma Season with the league title and top scorer and a cup. But missed out on the Euro cup in the first knock out stage and the other cup :((

I had an offer from Bayern Munchen and accepted it....still no offer from Arsenal :(( although had 3 from Man City, Two from Chelsea and one from Man United........WHY DON"T ARSENAL WANT ME??!!!!! :((

So lets hope I do well in Germany and Arsenal bid from me next summer.

Has anybody had any offers from Arsenal that they can remember while playing as a VP? I want to know if they ever bid for anybody?

EDIT: Also somebody asked about VP growth? I think I am around my 5th - 6th season now and my VP is a striker on 80 at the moment. He shot up in the first couple of seasons but has really slowed down the last couple. He isn't skillful but has pace and great long shot ability. I need to work on his assists/Crossing etc to build him up a bit more, but I don't think he will ever get to 90 or anything like that.

I think I might try a creative midfielder next :))

Last edited:
Well you build up to it, if you're not very good on manual start on professional, eventually you'll get so familiar with the controls you'll be able to move up to the higher skill levels and the game is still challenging :)

Cheers for tips, tbh i was having a bad couple of days away from fifa and got abit more touchy at comments then i usually would do so to Placebo and Bobbybox I do apologise.

Anyway onto more important things....FIFA lol

Right my above match with west brom didnt save as i turned the xbox off so I start off again.

6 Mins P/H Professional, Manual, def sliders
Trying to get used to manual first

Match 1 Result
West Brom 0-3 Liverpool
Suarez-43' Assist-Sturridge
Sturridge-45' Assist-Adryan
Sturridge-90'

Formation 4-2-3-1
Reina
Agger,Skrtel,Wisdom,Johnson
Enrique,Adryan
Kroos,Gerrard
Suarez
Sturridge

Found it quite hard keeping control but kept more constistency near end of 1st half, think during 2nd half wba turned up the 'Ultra Attacking' because they were constant.

Transfer window is open atm as you will notice in my line up.

In(before wba game)
Kroos - £34,000,000
Adryan - £4,9000,000

Out(before wba game)
Shelvey Loan to Olympiakos
Sama Loan to Oldham
Ward Loan to Hartlepool
Coates sold to Sunderland - £3,000,000
Ngoo loan to Ipswich

Negotiating
In-
Coutinho
Subotic
Vidal

Out-
Lucas(Valencia)
Henderson(Southampton)

Will update after 2nd match then update after summer transfer window then the jan so i dont bug everyone with constant reports, just a couple summaries. If i get used to manual i will try tweak the sliders then up diff. :)

Well I finished my Roma Season with the league title and top scorer and a cup. But missed out on the Euro cup in the first knock out stage and the other cup :((

I had an offer from Bayern Munchen and accepted it....still no offer from Arsenal :(( although had 3 from Man City, Two from Chelsea and one from Man United........WHY DON"T ARSENAL WANT ME??!!!!! :((

So lets hope I do well in Germany and Arsenal bid from me next summer.

Has anybody had any offers from Arsenal that they can remember while playing as a VP? I want to know if they ever bid for anybody?

Did you start your career with Arsenal or a diff team??

I started on the ps3 with a Liverpool VP, loaned to charlton then back to lfc then sold on to bayern then barca. Not once did lfc want me back saying they were doing well once i left(of which they won no cups no leagues etc sold suarez and brought in damaio and a french striker i cant remember) lol still waiting to this day but it might be depending on your rating and worth ea might have put it in they wont go back in for you?

Cheers for tips, tbh i was having a bad couple of days away from fifa and got abit more touchy at comments then i usually would do so to Placebo and Bobbybox I do apologise.

Anyway onto more important things....FIFA lol

Right my above match with west brom didnt save as i turned the xbox off so I start off again.

6 Mins P/H Professional, Manual, def sliders
Trying to get used to manual first

Match 1 Result
West Brom 0-3 Liverpool
Suarez-43' Assist-Sturridge
Sturridge-45' Assist-Adryan
Sturridge-90'

Formation 4-2-3-1
Reina
Agger,Skrtel,Wisdom,Johnson
Enrique,Adryan
Kroos,Gerrard
Suarez
Sturridge

Found it quite hard keeping control but kept more constistency near end of 1st half, think during 2nd half wba turned up the 'Ultra Attacking' because they were constant.

Transfer window is open atm as you will notice in my line up.

In(before wba game)
Kroos - £34,000,000
Adryan - £4,9000,000

Out(before wba game)
Shelvey Loan to Olympiakos
Sama Loan to Oldham
Ward Loan to Hartlepool
Coates sold to Sunderland - £3,000,000
Ngoo loan to Ipswich

Negotiating
In-
Coutinho
Subotic
Vidal

Out-
Lucas(Valencia)
Henderson(Southampton)

Will update after 2nd match then update after summer transfer window then the jan so i dont bug everyone with constant reports, just a couple summaries. If i get used to manual i will try tweak the sliders then up diff. :)

No need to apologise, I think my initial post wasn't the best either, I just read it back and it did sound a bit arsey, I could have worded it differently.

If this is your first few games with manual then you are doing really well, It took me ages to be able to score consistently with manual. I kept getting beat or winning by 1 goal here and there....but I am shit on games as a whole :LOL:

Did you start your career with Arsenal or a diff team??

I started on the ps3 with a Liverpool VP, loaned to charlton then back to lfc then sold on to bayern then barca. Not once did lfc want me back saying they were doing well once i left(of which they won no cups no leagues etc sold suarez and brought in damaio and a french striker i cant remember) lol still waiting to this day but it might be depending on your rating and worth ea might have put it in they wont go back in for you?

I started off with Barnet, then Bilbao, then PSG, then Roma and now Bayern :))

So I am hoping I can finish my career at Arsenal, I want to win the Champs league with them.

I have Arsenal as the team I chose when I first got Fifa 13 so I was hoping there would be something that kicked in somewhere where you would get at least one or two offers from that club in your career? but I think that was wishful thinking.

They really need something so you can present yourself to clubs etc imo

No need to apologise, I think my initial post wasn't the best either, I just read it back and it did sound a bit arsey, I could have worded it differently.

If this is your first few games with manual then you are doing really well, It took me ages to be able to score consistently with manual. I kept getting beat or winning by 1 goal here and there....but I am shit on games as a whole :LOL:

I'm not bad on manual but alot better on assisted. Never used manual on actual matches b4 just on the skill games where have no choice. I was surprised when they did go in cos i was trying the whole half on both sides to shoot and kept missing. Sturridges first was good, adryan through ball and first time shot between gk legs lol

I started off with Barnet, then Bilbao, then PSG, then Roma and now Bayern :))

So I am hoping I can finish my career at Arsenal, I want to win the Champs league with them.

I have Arsenal as the team I chose when I first got Fifa 13 so I was hoping there would be something that kicked in somewhere where you would get at least one or two offers from that club in your career? but I think that was wishful thinking.

They really need something so you can present yourself to clubs etc imo

Oh right ok, Might just be where they are in the seasons. like with man u, they ALWAYS sign mascherano and inter ALWAYS sign tevez lol so it might just be that they dont need ur position maybe. I agree they need something like that or the ability to have certain leagues scouts view you

Update #2

Liverpool 1-0 Arsenal

Arsenal had 3 goals disallowed via offside!!!

Transfer Updates:

In - Coutinho £11,000,000
Vidal - £21,500,000

Out - Doni sold to Sunderland(£425,000)
Lucas sold to Valencia(£7,500,000)
Henderson sold to Southampton(£4,700,000)

Negotiating -
Subotic - £14,500,000(waiting on player)

Right Update 3# and final for a little while

Transfers -
Almost didn't get Subotic as i had ran out of funds when the contract was accepted but West Brom came in for the save and bought martin kelly!!

So full list of ins and outs for Liverpool FC

IN
Adryan - CAM - £4,900,000
Kroos - CAM - £34,000,000
Coutinho - CAM - £11,000,000
Vidal - CDM - £21,500,000
Subotic - CB - £14,500,000

Sold -
Coates - CB - £3,000,000 to Sunderland
Doni - GK - £425,000 to Sunderland
Henderson - CM - £4,700,000 to Southampton
Lucas - CDM - £7,500,000 to Valencia
Kelly - RB - £4,500,000 to West Brom

Loaned -
Ngoo - ST - Ipswich Town
Ward - GK - Hartlepool Utd
Sama - CB - Oldham Athletic
Shelvey - CM - Olympiakos

Midfield is more pacey and solid now.

Results -
Only 2 b4 transfer deadline day
Liverpool 0-1 Manchester City :(
And
Stoke City 0-6 Liverpool in the Capitol one Cup.
(sour note i have Man u in next round lol)
My new midfield of countinho, vidal, kroos and adryan wouldn't let stoke past at all. Very pleased with the match. Stoke had NO shots at all completely shut out lol

See ya at the Jan window lol

Right Update 3# and final for a little while

Transfers -
Almost didn't get Subotic as i had ran out of funds when the contract was accepted but West Brom came in for the save and bought martin kelly!!

So full list of ins and outs for Liverpool FC

IN
Adryan - CAM - £4,900,000
Kroos - CAM - £34,000,000
Coutinho - CAM - £11,000,000
Vidal - CDM - £21,500,000
Subotic - CB - £14,500,000

Sold -
Coates - CB - £3,000,000 to Sunderland
Doni - GK - £425,000 to Sunderland
Henderson - CM - £4,700,000 to Southampton
Lucas - CDM - £7,500,000 to Valencia
Kelly - RB - £4,500,000 to West Brom

Loaned -
Ngoo - ST - Ipswich Town
Ward - GK - Hartlepool Utd
Sama - CB - Oldham Athletic
Shelvey - CM - Olympiakos

Midfield is more pacey and solid now.

Results -
Only 2 b4 transfer deadline day
Liverpool 0-1 Manchester City :(
And
Stoke City 0-6 Liverpool in the Capitol one Cup.
(sour note i have Man u in next round lol)
My new midfield of countinho, vidal, kroos and adryan wouldn't let stoke past at all. Very pleased with the match. Stoke had NO shots at all completely shut out lol

See ya at the Jan window lol

Now I'm interested ;)) :PP

Now I'm interested ;)) :PP

Well thats a good thing then lol:APPLAUD:

I have reached January 1st now so I will update(then again at the end of jan, not that i have decided on any business yet as i only have £1 mill left of transfer budget lol then again at the end of season)

Have to say I am pleased with the 5 players brought in the summer!!!
Gotta say that Adryan has been a decent signing at £4.9 mill he's v pacey(thx Taylor_94 for pointing him out!!!)

Onto the results I have a fair bit so i am just going to keep it as short as poss. All prem otherwise stated)

Sunderland 1-3 LFC
LFC 5-0 Man Utd (C1C)
LFC 2-0 Man Utd
Norwich 0-5 LFC
LFC 3-0 Stoke
LFC 2-0 Wigan
LFC 3-0 Reading
Bury 0-7 LFC (C1C)
Everton 0-0 LFC
Chelsea 0-2 LFC - Simmed Game
LFC 5-0 Newcastle - Simmed Game
Swansea 2-1 LFC
LFC 4-1 Sheff Weds (C1C)
LFC 4-1 Soton
Spurs 0-2 LFC
West Ham 1-1 LFC
LFC 4-0 Villa
LFC 3-1 Fulham - Simmed
Stoke 1-2 LFC - Simmed
QPR 0-1 LFC

Simmed a few just to quicken to the season

On 1st Jan I have Sundeland at Home then Fa Cup Clash Away To Stoke(4th time this season seriously???)

I am still gettin alot of decent results but they are coming quite harder now.

What are your guys thoughts on my starting 11??
Reina,
Agger, Skrtel, Subotic, Johnson,
Adryan, Kroos, Coutinho, Vidal,
Suarez,
Sturridge

Could it be improved or left as is?
Or should I try and think of back ups for certain positions even though I do have Gerrard, Enrique, Allen, Jones, Assaidi, Downing, Sterling etc

I do look out for more 80+ players but those with more speed because my playing style is ultra attacking with loads of speed/pace.

1st offer in the window so far has been a £9 mill offer for reina who has the most clean sheets of the season atm but I am unsure if i want to replace him or if i am able to.

Well thats a good thing then lol:APPLAUD:

I have reached January 1st now so I will update(then again at the end of jan, not that i have decided on any business yet as i only have £1 mill left of transfer budget lol then again at the end of season)

Have to say I am pleased with the 5 players brought in the summer!!!
Gotta say that Adryan has been a decent signing at £4.9 mill he's v pacey(thx Taylor_94 for pointing him out!!!)

Onto the results I have a fair bit so i am just going to keep it as short as poss. All prem otherwise stated)

Sunderland 1-3 LFC
LFC 5-0 Man Utd (C1C)
LFC 2-0 Man Utd
Norwich 0-5 LFC
LFC 3-0 Stoke
LFC 2-0 Wigan
LFC 3-0 Reading
Bury 0-7 LFC (C1C)
Everton 0-0 LFC
Chelsea 0-2 LFC - Simmed Game
LFC 5-0 Newcastle - Simmed Game
Swansea 2-1 LFC
LFC 4-1 Sheff Weds (C1C)
LFC 4-1 Soton
Spurs 0-2 LFC
West Ham 1-1 LFC
LFC 4-0 Villa
LFC 3-1 Fulham - Simmed
Stoke 1-2 LFC - Simmed
QPR 0-1 LFC

Simmed a few just to quicken to the season

On 1st Jan I have Sundeland at Home then Fa Cup Clash Away To Stoke(4th time this season seriously???)

I am still gettin alot of decent results but they are coming quite harder now.

What are your guys thoughts on my starting 11??
Reina,
Agger, Skrtel, Subotic, Johnson,
Adryan, Kroos, Coutinho, Vidal,
Suarez,
Sturridge

Could it be improved or left as is?
Or should I try and think of back ups for certain positions even though I do have Gerrard, Enrique, Allen, Jones, Assaidi, Downing, Sterling etc

I do look out for more 80+ players but those with more speed because my playing style is ultra attacking with loads of speed/pace.

1st offer in the window so far has been a £9 mill offer for reina who has the most clean sheets of the season atm but I am unsure if i want to replace him or if i am able to.

Glad Adryan has helped, you should consider grabbing Yeray (Spanish Goalkeeper) while he's young and cheap, he's got an incredible growth curve and he's cheap, I don't know his full potential but he's a gamble worth taking!

Also, in an earlier post you asked or LB or RB suggestions well: Luke (?) Shaw of Southampton looks like something special. I prefer not to use the spreadsheets of player potentials because I like to feel like Wenger when I find a raw talent myself!
I'll let you know if I think of a potential RB, though my original idea is a young Italian De Sciglio (I think) but his price and the rest is beyond me as I haven't tried to sign him, I've only glanced at him in passing!

My Man United Squad :
GK De Gea
RB Abate
CB Mat Hummels
CB Nemanja Vidic (C)
LB Jordi Alba
RM Nani
CM Axel Witsel (Recently signed from Zenit for 21.5 mil)
LM Sterling
CAM Marco Reus
CAM Eden Hazard
ST Neymar

My last 3 matches:
West Brom 0-3 Man United
Man United 1-0 Aston Villa
Newcastle United 3-4 Man United

Im having a problem at LM at the moment. I have LM Ayew who plays crap for me. At his first season for me he played decent football for my first team but after that his form started to dip game after game so i decided to bid for Bale for 30 mil but Spurs countered with 50 mil. But then i saw Sterling a cheaper LW/LM so i decide to buy him for 6 mil. Then before the game against Newcastle, Ayew came up to me in training telling me to play him over Sterling. i put him on as a sub.Played crap again.

After that he sent me a text message saying "Thanks boss, i knew i would make a difference." ARE YOU SERIOUS !!!!!!!!! I felt like fireing him the spot but he could bring in some money to add to my decent transfer budget to buy a new LM/LW. Anybody wanna help me out and scout me a LM/LW that can start regularly for my first team?

Glad Adryan has helped, you should consider grabbing Yeray (Spanish Goalkeeper) while he's young and cheap, he's got an incredible growth curve and he's cheap, I don't know his full potential but he's a gamble worth taking!

Also, in an earlier post you asked or LB or RB suggestions well: Luke (?) Shaw of Southampton looks like something special. I prefer not to use the spreadsheets of player potentials because I like to feel like Wenger when I find a raw talent myself!
I'll let you know if I think of a potential RB, though my original idea is a young Italian De Sciglio (I think) but his price and the rest is beyond me as I haven't tried to sign him, I've only glanced at him in passing!

Thx for that will have a look later.

Which team/league does Yeray play for/in?

I do remember on my ps3 career mode i had signed LB-Jordi Alba, CB-Mascherano, CB-Muniesa, RB-Kyle Walker

All of which worked pretty well and was a decent rotation with Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Johnson.

I did look back at the fact i bought Schurrle and tried to get gotze in the past but at this time in this career my midfield is pretty impactful so wouldnt need them unless i sort out back ups later on.

Hey guys, new on here, just got a couple of thoughts and a question for you.

I like the career mode in general but find getting a job at a new club frustrating. I started at Liverpool and after 3 1/2 seasons went to Real Madrid. Stayed there for 1 1/2 seasons that went to AC Milan. That was all fine but I got a bit bored of winning everything (i know - increase difficulty) so I tried to get a new job. I wanted to move to France or Germany and to a club that wasn't a "major" one, i appied for Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Montpellier, Stades Rennais and Lilles. Despite winning the league in every season on the game and a European cup in every season in which i've competed, i could not get a new job anywhere - even Montpellier turned me down 3 times. Why could I not get a new job with my credentials? I have also won the WC with Spain & England, the European Champs with England and the Copa America with Brazil. I have finally ended up back at Liverpool at the fourth application.

During the season I just completed at Liverpool, i took over on 1st Feb 10 points behind UTD. I ended up winning the league by 3pts from Spurs - however the weird thing is the final league table showed that all but 4 of the teams in the league had played a total of 39 games. 39? WTF? My penultimate game was against Spurs, this should have been their last game of the season, if they had beaten me and i had lost my final game then they won their phantom 39th game, they would have won the league. Has anyone else ever seen this bug?

Final thing, sorry for the super long post. I signed a new player on a free for Milan (who i have taken with me to Liverpool) he is from Brazil - Jaimez Junior or something like that. Anyway, he is a rebel - he always plays wearing black tracksuit bottoms regardless of what colour shorts the rest of the team wear. It looks funny, i keep thinking he is either my keeper or the ref because he looks so different to the rest of my team.

Cannot find Yeray either by name or through the 117 spanish gk's???? lol :(

Ok so atm
transfer wise

Reina wants to leave and I have had offers from Juventus, Barcelona & Real Madrid.

News Feed shows that Valdes wants to leave Barca!!

So I prompted myself to a swap & £1.2 mill deal(only funds i have) for valdes with Reina going to Barca. They accepted I am just waiting to see if it goes through.

Other news I have Brought in a 21 year old Portuguise GK named Mika 70 rated who's strength caught my eye(81) also Barca CB Muniesa again I have him. Both on Loan to Buy Deals. Mika on £2.800,000 and Muniesa on £1.800,000

Will update further soon

Cannot find Yeray either by name or through the 117 spanish gk's???? lol :(

He plays for RCD Mallorca, starts at 20 years old and a lowly 60 overall, hence why he's such a gamble, though his growth is phenomenal (up to 71 in 1 and 1/2 years at Bristol Rovers) there's no guaranteeing he's a superstar in the making, only a potential raw talent worth signing and loaning :)

He plays for RCD Mallorca, starts at 20 years old and a lowly 60 overall, hence why he's such a gamble, though his growth is phenomenal (up to 71 in 1 and 1/2 years at Bristol Rovers) there's no guaranteeing he's a superstar in the making, only a potential raw talent worth signing and loaning :)

Still can't see him!!

Checked Spanish gks - none
checked by name - none
checked RCD Mallorca - 3 gks - Dudu Aouate(35) 75 rated
Calatayud(33) 72 rated
and Ruben Mino(23) 69 rated

Strange lol

What season were you on when you found him? Im on 2012/2013

Barcelona r getting on my nerves lol

4 bids for Suarez!!!!

£18,000,000
£22,000,000
£26,500,000
now £30,500,000

Get the hint I am not selling lol

Still can't see him!!

Checked Spanish gks - none
checked by name - none
checked RCD Mallorca - 3 gks - Dudu Aouate(35) 75 rated
Calatayud(33) 72 rated
and Ruben Mino(23) 69 rated

Strange lol

What season were you on when you found him? Im on 2012/2013

That is strange, I found him in my first year.
Have you done any updates at all? Maybe he's been added in later.. If not then I've just found a star of nowhere!

Back
Top Bottom