FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Ball looks looser in the sense that touches are a little heavier under regular dribbling, not as close to the feet. Presumably to contrast more with the new technical dribble thingy.

AI didn't immediately dribble forward on kick-off.

Turf looks nice.

Hard to take much else from it given that he was playing on kiddy mode. This is what I don't get. You don't release any gameplay videos before Gamescom, then when Gamescom arrives everyone watches a bunch of low quality videos of simpletons with no thumbs vs your AI on the weakest setting. Why not release an official HD gameplay video the day before, played by people who know what they're doing vs your AI on a high setting, so your game is shown in its best light?

It certainly looks better graphically. I don't see how you know that it plays better. Within 30 seconds of watching that first video I can already spot some serious issues.

animations, motion capture, etc... they all look better than in fifa 11 (according to those vids we've seen).

animations, motion capture, etc... they all look better than in fifa 11 (according to those vids we've seen).

They look? They are the same!!! Want some examples?

From the last video. 0.28 ; 0.33; 1.22; 1.47...

Show me something new.

Nobody seems to have pointed out that the defenders and midfielders still don't get close to the attacking team, ergo you can just pass the ball up up and up without any issues....oh dear.

Nobody seems to have pointed out that the defenders and midfielders still don't get close to the attacking team, ergo you can just pass the ball up up and up without any issues....oh dear.

It's set to amateur fella, same as in 11 the team don't defend at all. Seems like all the consoles are set to it. Same every year, was like that last year then when demo hit it took me 5 games to score.

Is it just me or they seem to have changed the camera only for the game don't look exactly like Fifa 11 and have a "fresh" feeling for the eyes of the players? I couldn't see any video with Fifa 11 cameras to see differences in game more precisely... do i smell another marketing move by rutter team???

Shame about the virtual pro/Pro Club mode not having any changes to it. They have introduced a great mode to the game and are not building on it when it has huge potential.

I'd love to train with my online club friends as well. Surely couldn't be too hard to implement?

Oh well :(

As long as they get it working proper I'll be happy.

Also, they better make the overall ratings of the AI players on your team scale depending on the overall of the team you're facing... it got incredibly unbalanced in FIFA 11. I'm probably hoping for too much.

I just hope the apparent advances in AI (not seen any yet, but they are "adding it last") help make it a better experience.

I can't stand the low rated AI players. We usually play with a guy controlling the ANY and his own striker up front. Works well as hes a really good player but doesnt stop us from conceding awful goals down to the players

If I carry on I will derail the thread into a moan about all the flaws in the mode so I'll leave it at that.

If they have fixed the lag issues then I can live with that I suppose but theres so many other areas that need addressing

So far I'm not impressed with what I've seen from both PES and FIFA. Hopefully it's because of the difficulty settings, the assisted settings and the total retards who play these games that don't have a clue how football should be played...

I'm looking forward to the PES demo, and hoping that FIFA has at least improved enough to be a decent fallback if I don't get on with PES again.

Well FIFA 12 looks like it'll be fun, but FIFA always looks like fun in h2h gameplay vids. Can't see anything that gives the appearance of being "revolutionary."

Shame about the virtual pro/Pro Club mode not having any changes to it. They have introduced a great mode to the game and are not building on it when it has huge potential.

I'd love to train with my online club friends as well. Surely couldn't be too hard to implement?

In his interview, I believe Rutter did say that VP development has been given some work, so that may be good. Sounds like Clubs is not expected to be much if any different from 11 - all the work has gone into actually making it work this time.

Wait, where does it say no changes to clubs?

animations are godly it has to be said, i've noticed quite a few new turning animations which makes it seem harder to just instantly change direction without regard to momentum and inertia

the shooting still has that horrible jarring issue with the camera

pace looks much more measured than the pes2012 vids, so it cant just be down to youtube compression

Not impressed at all. Do they put it on low level CPU to mask how shit it will also be (as usual) on higher levels? Still extremely floaty, no acceleration at all, no momentum/inertia. Even ball physics looks shit now compared to PES, and I always thought FIFA had great ball physics. Still waiting for the revolution*, if anyone can point it out, please do.

* For people that don't know, Rutter promised that this year FIFA would be a revolution in football gaming.

Not impressed at all. Do they put it on low level CPU to mask how shit it will also be (as usual) on higher levels? Still extremely floaty, no acceleration at all, no momentum/inertia. Even ball physics looks shit now compared to PES, and I always thought FIFA had great ball physics. Still waiting for the revolution*, if anyone can point it out, please do.

* For people that don't know, Rutter promised that this year FIFA would be a revolution in football gaming.

PES' ball physics are horrible, especially when anyone's dribbling, same weird stuck/unstuck ball movement for the last 3 PES'.

I won't go off on a rant but place a bet with everyone in here;

Whoever spots the AI making a backwards pass to keep possesion will get a 100euro's*

*Obviously I'm not serious.....but then again the AI won't pass the ball back anyway so there is no chance I'll lose the bet! People can go on about the AI being low, but the inherent football "intelligence" in the engine won't drastically change imo. So far the only difference I'm seeing is that the AI will pass more sideways to keep possesion. But never back....check it out, they won't make a backwards pass. The teammates HAVE to be equal or ahead of them. So you get that they will either get clsoed down and lose the ball, or they will JUST make it because the AI managed to move a mm ahead of the player in possesion before a tackle comes in. That's it! Utter sh!t.

With regard to the defending in FIFA, remember that people are using tactical defending for the first time, so it might explain some of the looseness being seen.

PES' ball physics are horrible, especially when anyone's dribbling, same weird stuck/unstuck ball movement for the last 3 PES'.

I agree it has the rubber band syndrome, I was talking about the passes, which I think looks better in PES now.

I agree it has the rubber band syndrome, I was talking about the passes, which I think looks better in PES now.

Funny, because while PES seems to replicate how a real football match plays out FAR better than FIFA based on these early gameplay videos, passing in PES to me is almost visually jarring.

I don't know why, if it's because there's not enough backlift from the players considering the velocity of some of the passes, or just because the ball still too closely resembles a marble on a perfect surface rather than a football, but something about passing in PES still really bothers me.

In FIFA 11 at least, I never really have an issue at all with ball physics in the passing game - it never looks unrealistic - only that players cannot get the power that they should on many passes because of the stupid way that Pro Passing was implemented.

Both games, for me at least, still seem to have major issues with ping-pong passing being far too easy and effective on the default control settings. Playing manual in FIFA at least gets rid of this, but then you're still dealing with underpowered passing (although we should have a slider for this in 12). Hopefully PES this year provides more of a challenge through its passing assistance settings or through other means, because pinging the ball up the pitch was far too easy and simple a task in PES 2011, but something about the passing game still doesn't look right regardless.

That said, it's always difficult judging these things from internet gameplay vids.

Yeah I might change my mind again when playing the demo, it's just when I watched FIFA after the PES videos, the ball felt weird.

Back
Top Bottom