FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Can we wait to some gameplay reviews before we start slagging it off...its really boring now..if you don't like FIFA 11/FIFA 12 dont't buy it, why waste your life posting on a forum about a game you dislike? It's just wierd!

I laughed at the dead facial expressions, specially from the real madrid vs barcelons. it looks like players really hate each other.

The dead expression from Benzema when he was about shoot with that voley animation was weird.

The only things notable are the impact engine and the new drbbling with the subtle touchs in tight space. I don't think that the animations of this new dribbling look realistic, at least in slow motion.

But it's too little to judge the game yet. I hope we see some real gameplay footage from the public.

I like the concepts of little touches in space, which is something PES does really well but it looks like the guy is on tippie toes. Looks a bit odd. But I'd really love to see the new default camera angle and then the gameplay.

Can we wait to some gameplay reviews before we start slagging it off...its really boring now..if you don't like FIFA 11/FIFA 12 dont't buy it, why waste your life posting on a forum about a game you dislike? It's just wierd!

I agree with you. But i post exactly because i liked the previous versions, at least online were good games, and i want the game to be better and playable offline this year, but from what i´ve seen so far there´s nothing new. They show us nothing new from previous versions and nothing that will make the AI plays different this year and the game is enjoyable offline just like it is online.

BTW, i don´t wait for reviews to criticize a game, i do that based on my opinion only... reviewers are not trustable, specially from sites that are clearly influenced by gigantic companies like EA.

I really hope they show us something in Gamescom different from marketing-made-features.

pffff
madrid the best in game?
benzema scoring barça?
kaka?

fuck you EA pfff

madrid scoring in all videos...

ok online ever madrid-chelsea another time...

As expected, nothing new at the Press Conference, only new Online Head
to Head mode, which to be honest I didn't understand what that really is about :D

kaka....fuck....this year kaka another time is 1 the best players...

EA you do't see football?

where is the news? small players movements?

the only good thing about that video was the volley at the end, looks like you might finally be able to hit some decent volleys

New ronaldo hair style...and wtf busquets..

sinttulo1copialv.jpg

My impressions so far of the trailer (fom the comments of FSB):

Not really impressed with the trailer. Sure, it’s “razzmatazz” flashy and graphics looks good (especially Nani, wow) but I can see the same ball-trapping annoyances and uninspiring shooting animations as before.

A later than usual demo date has me raising an eyebrow too.

Looks fun as usual though. EA know how to excite fans with their trailers.

I think I'm a littler harsh but I'm still a bit bitter that it's all looking too familiar. Like the players went of for a year and just put on new kits.
BTW Not sure why EA insist on constantly showing "their version" of Barca in these trailers, the must love to see their comments sections light up :LOL:

Edit: Nani really did look eerily real. They nailed him

Last edited:
^ Later than usual release date for demo? Wasn't last year's demo release Sept 15th?

Once again, KSI hits the nail on the head, trailer showed off little to nothing that's new, nevermind the fact that some of the highlighted features doesn't even tally with the subsequent gameplay shown. Visuals are pretty neat though, as usual.

YouTube - FIFA 12 | Gamescom 2011 Gameplay Trailer BREAKDOWN

Last edited:
No sponsor on the Villa kit, pre-order cancelled. Except I haven't, so first I'm going to pre-order it, then I'm going to cancel it.

Net freaks, check out those steel cage net physics, ouch!

FIFA might have smooth animations, but those animations for precision dribbling looks shit IMHO, doesn't look realistic at all. Not sure what's going on there.

Hopefully we'll have some videos from people playing the game in a couple of days. Nothing but the physics engine has impressed me yet.

Not sure about you guys but I find it highly worrying that FIFA gameplay producer is on FIFA street this year. Surely you can't focus on two huge projects like this in one cycle.

FIFA Street looks excellent though imo. FIFA12 manager mode has me interested. Should last longer with proper injuries and a proper moral system as well as the player responses to being left on the bench etc.

The Nani part of the FIFA12 trailer was amazing imo. Eerily realistic. He even glances before the pass!

adelante: my bad, could be cause we've had sweet FA out of EA for SO LONG that it feels like a long time between gamescom and the demo dropping.

I agree without criticising dribbling, EA have a $million studio to capture dribbling and this is what they come out with? :LOL: COME ON EA. Either way it's in Konami's court now. That really wasn't impressive and this is coming from a football fan setting his bar LOW.

FIFA street looks fun though.

Not sure about you guys but I find it highly worrying that FIFA gameplay producer is on FIFA street this year. Surely you can't focus on two huge projects like this in one cycle.

Well it won't be so much extra work. Just scale down the teams to 5v5 and replace the body shapes. It's not like the gameplay will be hugely different...

But anyway, wasn't there supposed to be some big announcement regarding the game? Or was that the FIFA Street announcement?

Perhaps, it is the real Busquet that has to do face lift in order to follow what EA offers not EA itself :BOP: jk

Btw Didn't Barcelona get some 8 way cam tech for face likenesses..?

Net freaks, check out those steel cage net physics, ouch!

the nets will be no different from fifa 11, i doubt they wil change until next-gen really. i hope the pc community can do something to improve them though

Back
Top Bottom