FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

But I can control the whole team too ;)

lol maybe he doesnt know. But you have option to control only yourself or whole team.

But as for above point on lack of runs..thats bs with custom tactis to attack and free form and make runs, and set players to make runs and buy players with high att stat you get lots of runs..furhtermore increasing slider=evern more runs

That's it? I do that anywhay with him in regular manager mode, just wish he didn't level up so quick as I always create a real SWFC academy player to use in my CM.

That's it? I do that anywhay with him in regular manager mode, just wish he didn't level up so quick as I always create a real SWFC academy player to use in my CM.

i never realised u still had your virtual pro in your team if u do manager only?

U sure u arent playing player-manager

It does but it's still relative to the player's workrate stats, and it also brings in the problem of forcing a player to work much harder than is natural to them results in them running out of stamina quicker (which IMO is as it should).

I've been banging my head against a brick wall with custom tactics. FIFA 12's defensive AI (for you) is quite simply appalling lol. So what I tried to do is get my defensive midfielders to drop back and help out the defence and just basically act like it should in general defensive play. It's so tough though, as the engine is basically programmed for the CPU to 'just get' one on one and have this little duels all over the pitch. Which leads to the everlasting loop of CPU dribbling one on one against you, instead of having build up play.

If the AI of the defence was better and indeed if the midfield players dropped back to help out the defence, then FIFA would be very good. But it just feels like I'm battling the controller and the game constantly, trying to control as many players as possible because the AI just simply refuses to help me out, or just to act and defend properly.

just wondering if anyone has had any problems recently with regards to lag/button delay.

basically for the first 6 months of fifa 12 it played great offline and online felt like offline.

now for around the last month or 2, it has just gone horrible.

my passes are slow and take forever to reach team mates, my players turn like im trying to turn a sherman tank, skills are pointless as they are very unresponsive, and i get the odd flicker of lag, and occasionaly the game slows down, basically to sum it up, my games feel like slug fc vs snail utd.

i have tried new xbox, different tv, new 100 quid router, replaced all cables at least twice to double check, placed xbox in dmz, formatted hard drive.

im at a complete loss as to why this is happening.

thought i'd post here as if i posted on the main ea forums i'd probably be met with the oh so tiresome "cool story bro"

I've been playing a lot with the sliders, custom tactics and man marking settings this last week, and credit where it's due, I'm finding FIFA thoroughly engaging at last. My sliders are quite radical in the 'slowness' area, but nevertheless I feel it reflects the pace of football as I see it on the tele.

I've got a really nice balance going between the CPU cheating being toned down at the highest levels, trying to get FIFA to be more like PES in terms of defensive AI, whilst also creating more pressure from everyone so players don't have an eternity on the ball. The result, is a highly enjoyable game ATM.

So credit where it's due as I bash FIFA from time to time. I'm uploading a game I played earlier v Arsenal which kind of shows the pace, and since then I've had a good game v Man Utd and Everton. I'm also seeing variety in terms of goals. The one thing that cannot be altered however is just some CPU variety in terms of aerial balls, but at the moment it's only a little gripe.

Looking for a lil PC help - My FIFA 12 has been fine til this morning, now when I try to load either directly or from Origin, the screen pops up in Origin that says 'Launching FIFA12' but then it goes away and nothing happens.

In my process menu (win7) it also says fifa is running, but not in Applications so I can't switch to it. Origin also believes it's running.

Anyone else come upon this? I've tried to restarts, no idea what's changed but don't really want to uninstall and start again :(

I've been playing a lot with the sliders, custom tactics and man marking settings this last week, and credit where it's due, I'm finding FIFA thoroughly engaging at last. My sliders are quite radical in the 'slowness' area, but nevertheless I feel it reflects the pace of football as I see it on the tele.

I've got a really nice balance going between the CPU cheating being toned down at the highest levels, trying to get FIFA to be more like PES in terms of defensive AI, whilst also creating more pressure from everyone so players don't have an eternity on the ball. The result, is a highly enjoyable game ATM.

So credit where it's due as I bash FIFA from time to time. I'm uploading a game I played earlier v Arsenal which kind of shows the pace, and since then I've had a good game v Man Utd and Everton. I'm also seeing variety in terms of goals. The one thing that cannot be altered however is just some CPU variety in terms of aerial balls, but at the moment it's only a little gripe.

your sliders?

To find my preferred.sliders I set the majority to zer and grdually worked up...found good ones now with a deeper back line and slower acceleration ...I don't get theses sliders that increase speed as it just sends the collision system haywire in my experience

To find my preferred.sliders I set the majority to zer and grdually worked up...found good ones now with a deeper back line and slower acceleration ...I don't get theses sliders that increase speed as it just sends the collision system haywire in my experience

Can u post them?

Sure mate , playing on pc , stock.gameplay , world class or ledgend, full manual ,slow ..sliders same for ai

From top to bottom
52 sprint
48 user power bar

Let me know what you think

Guys - do you know if there is a FULL database of players and all their stats available anywhere? I want to check out all the stats for the Hyundai A-League. I checked out some ultimate team database site but it only includes a handful of players. Not the entire squad.

Talking of A-League, what's Bernie Ibini-Isei like in real life? I stumbled on him in my third season and signed him for £2.5m as a squad backup but he's become a first choice Premier League player now, having a really good season! What he lacks in finishing he makes up for in energy and movement around the attacking areas and compliments my team really well :)

Cool, he started off not being a very good finisher but he's scored 3 or 4 in the last 6-8 games now which is decent, he's also a very good penalty taker, I think he starts at 64 in Fifa12? He's at 71 now for me in the 2nd 3rd season so obviously shoots up :)

He really stepped up for me last night, 3-0 down at home to Tottenham, he scores a second half hat-trick to level things at 3-3 and then the on loan Henry Lansbury scores the winner in the 90th minute, what a match! Got me an achievement that as well for winning after being 3-0 down at half time! :)

Amini? that name rings a bell, I may have signed him in the past as well.

Doesn't look quite the same in Fifa :(

199002.png

http://fifa12winter.sofifa.com/en/player/199002
486px-Mustafa_Amini-Olyroos.jpg

Back
Top Bottom