FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

The moment EA and Konami brought in the game speed options its been a nightmare.

The main problem I ahad with Fifa when I had it was the pitch maybe big but all the players bunch in the middle thus creating the effect that the pitch is really small.

The moment EA and Konami brought in the game speed options its been a nightmare.

The main problem I ahad with Fifa when I had it was the pitch maybe big but all the players bunch in the middle thus creating the effect that the pitch is really small.

True use a slider to increase line lenght?

Been playing head to head online last few days and must admit im addicted. Off course no cpu ai only human play and had some great games. All opponents are different some good some poor. Only notable thing is cut back counter attack 1v1 goals etc...that is only real repetitve annoyance.

Is this any better/different on PC (compared to PS3)?

Fancy trading in my PS3 version and getting it on my new gaming rig, but will there be any advantage?

Graphics better? Smoother? Is FIFA modable on PC?

Thanks!

Soccergaming.com has all the modding.

You can play at higher graphic resolution and some of the mods give you higher LOD.

Is this any better/different on PC (compared to PS3)?

Fancy trading in my PS3 version and getting it on my new gaming rig, but will there be any advantage?

Graphics better? Smoother? Is FIFA modable on PC?

Thanks!

manly better gfx and faster loading screens I think, some mods I dont use them though

Hey, does anyone know how you 'dink' it over the keeper in a one on one situation (PS3)

Hold l1 and shoot if i recall correctly practice in arena

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1702578.page

A new update for the EURO 2012 expansion pack is currently being rolled out on all platforms! We’d like to thank the FIFA community (and a special thanks to our forum members) for providing continuous feedback.

The update includes fixes to the following gameplay issues in the EURO 2012 expansion:
• We have addressed occasional game freezes encountered in the Team Management screen.
• We have fixed freezes that could sometimes occur at the end of Expedition, Tournament, and Kick Off mode matches.
• Users with Assisted controls will no longer be able to search for Manual games.
• Users will no longer be able to switch to the goalkeeper in Online Tournament mode.

No word if it fixes the bugs brought in by the last two updates (CM form graphical bug and 360 lockup when UCG data exists).

This is so good on the pc, reinvigorated my love for FIFA! Got numerous patches, new kits and the ability to use CM12 to keep it all updated is brilliant.

Think the game plays a. It nicer too, certainly helped by the better gfx.

Fifa13 will be pc for me.

For all those that slate fifa 12 especially on default sliders when I play head to head online I have great amazing addictive games.

This leads me to believe the only major flaw in fifa is the CPU AI.

However, shot power 51, increased pass speed and run frequency to default sliders would make online sensationally good.

Therefore IMO fifa 12 is a great football game. I mean the best ever!! CPU AI on default sucks bad...with sliders its ok as well..

To much hate for a great game

any idea why fifa is not saving my controller settings? it keeps everything i change (including setting control method to alternate) except the settings for manual control. gets all messed up everytime i start the game...:(

any idea why fifa is not saving my controller settings? it keeps everything i change (including setting control method to alternate) except the settings for manual control. gets all messed up everytime i start the game...:(

It happens to me when I use a different controller and swap them over. Are you using different controllers? then it might be that. If you are always using the same controller then I don't know why?

I have tried FIFA 12 with the zlatan superpatch 2.0 and wow... Im having a blast with the game... I dont even realise im actualy playing FIFA 12!

Im a die hard fan of PES and with the superpatch2.0...the game is the best FOOT sim I have ever played. The pass, the speed, the mouvement addin with the superb fifa animation...wow I must agree that the franchise have come a long way! Thanks to that Zlatan superpatch 2.0 tought =p

I have tried FIFA 12 with the zlatan superpatch 2.0 and wow... Im having a blast with the game... I dont even realise im actualy playing FIFA 12!

Im a die hard fan of PES and with the superpatch2.0...the game is the best FOOT sim I have ever played. The pass, the speed, the mouvement addin with the superb fifa animation...wow I must agree that the franchise have come a long way! Thanks to that Zlatan superpatch 2.0 tought =p

where do u get patch? what cahnges does it make.

Do u still apply sliders after patch such as placebos or not?

Aarggh, so disappointed lol.

Been off PES for a week as my kid has split the centre of the disc, so I've caned FIFA the best part of three days. Adjusted sliders, done this and done that, up to manual and Legendary. BUT - today I've just 'got' the game. I've won ten in a row, and my last game v Newcastle I won 8-1, and it could have been 15-1. Even yesterday I could never see myself caning the CPU as bad as this, but it seems I've just stifled it and negated it. I can almost predict every attacking pattern of play now, and virtually with every attack I can create a goal scoring chance. Fk me, two days ago I was having trouble scoring a goal every three games and thought this was hardcore and that I was a pleb for dissing it.

Sigh. Alas, I think this could be the end of my little FIFA run lol. Have to say the more I gotten it the more it plays okay. It's just it seems that once you reach 'that point', you can pretty much outsmart the CPU on the highest levels. If only FIFA had some realistic AI movement, build up play, to go along with the animations and player movement. Anyway looking forward to both games 13's this year!

Aarggh, so disappointed lol.

Been off PES for a week as my kid has split the centre of the disc, so I've caned FIFA the best part of three days. Adjusted sliders, done this and done that, up to manual and Legendary. BUT - today I've just 'got' the game. I've won ten in a row, and my last game v Newcastle I won 8-1, and it could have been 15-1. Even yesterday I could never see myself caning the CPU as bad as this, but it seems I've just stifled it and negated it. I can almost predict every attacking pattern of play now, and virtually with every attack I can create a goal scoring chance. Fk me, two days ago I was having trouble scoring a goal every three games and thought this was hardcore and that I was a pleb for dissing it.

Sigh. Alas, I think this could be the end of my little FIFA run lol. Have to say the more I gotten it the more it plays okay. It's just it seems that once you reach 'that point', you can pretty much outsmart the CPU on the highest levels. If only FIFA had some realistic AI movement, build up play, to go along with the animations and player movement. Anyway looking forward to both games 13's this year!

I switched to FIFA from PES till the 13 editions come out, the game play doesn't compare in my opinion.. But FIFAs Career Mode is certainly worth playing, even of you decide to sim every game! The Youth System was enough to get me hooked :L

You're right though ccshopland, if FIFA's AI had the intelligence of PES it would be an amazing game. Playing PES I see so many times where a player has made a pass and then continued his run for the next 3 or 4 passes and he's open for the next pass in sequence. Can look really organic. FIFA is looking a lot better so far in this regard for FIFA 13 and let's hope it delivers, since the animations and shooting are already very good.

Playing PES I see so many times where a player has made a pass and then continued his run for the next 3 or 4 passes and he's open for the next pass in sequence.

If you sign players with high attacking they do that, I have a number of those in my current CM and they're all over the place, very organic and exciting to build attacks through them :)

Ok I'll keep an eye out for it. I remember the first night I bought FIFA 11, I brought it to a mates place and there were runs happening a lot but then it really died off lol.

If you sign players with high attacking they do that, I have a number of those in my current CM and they're all over the place, very organic and exciting to build attacks through them :)

I won't sign a player unless he has a high attack rating. It makes a huge difference but it's still not nearly good enough. If the new AI is as good as it should/could be, the quality of the game will shoot to a whole new level.

I haven't tweaked custom tactics yet this year but can you still choose the arrow for high attacking mentality on the formation? Does that help above and beyond a player's attacking mentality?

I haven't tweaked custom tactics yet this year but can you still choose the arrow for high attacking mentality on the formation? Does that help above and beyond a player's attacking mentality?

It does but it's still relative to the player's workrate stats, and it also brings in the problem of forcing a player to work much harder than is natural to them results in them running out of stamina quicker (which IMO is as it should).

Cheers.

My main career mode is where I'm a player only so I haven't done these tweaks. Next time I will have to do it as player manager. Although I do have one of those careers started but I'm managing in China at the moment I think haha

Back
Top Bottom