FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

is there a lack of fouls or a lack of bad challenges? by cpu and human? its to easy to get ball without bad challenge chance?

I play with the strictest referees. Playing Lengendary might mean more pixel perfect tackling but TBH I don't see many CPU fouls on the lower difficulty settings either. There are only a few fouls by the CPU each game and I am playing 15-20 minute halves. I try not to foul because most calls are yellows.

There's nothing arcade like about the way the game plays on my settings, I wish I could video the whole match and post it. It consists of defending by covering the runs of players off the ball, good possession play from both teams, and varied and fairly limited chance creation.

Overall the pace and flow of the games, for me anyways with the settings I'm using, are as close to my view of the way football matches play out as any game I've seen yet.
This describes my experience too :TU:

I play with the strictest referees. Playing Lengendary might mean more pixel perfect tackling but TBH I don't see many CPU fouls on the lower difficulty settings either. There are only a few fouls by the CPU each game and I am playing 15-20 minute halves. I try not to foul because most calls are yellows.

I wodner hwy it is and how it can be fixed?

I think the game is a nice balnce of sim/arcade.

to me a problem is assisted is far to fake gameplay...whereas manual is hard to master....I play semi for most options its ok....maybe crosses and headed efforts on goal is a weak aspect of the game also?

Hello people,

Can anyone here post the most realistic sliders?

I want to start CM and need the best ones out.

I already did that Placebo. Went through a lot but can't put a finger on which is the most realistic choice.

What do you think?

Head to Head seasons is beginning to annoy me!

For a start you choose your kit before you even know what team you are going to play...3 times now both teams have had a similar kit, which is nearly impossible to play with!

I think it finds you a team within a star of the team you choose, so I choose Arsenal and it can't find an opponent, then I choose Freiberg 3 1/2 star and it puts me up against teams much better?! I was NY Red Bulls the other day and got put up against Shalke.

These two things are very annoying!

I get the being within one star for finding an opponent, as otherwise you wouldn't find anyone, but it is still shit. Also because I always seem to be the less stared team, I think only once my team has been better (star wise) than the opponent.

I got to league 9 easily, then got relegated, because when I choose Arsenal I have to play against Barcelona and Real Madrid all of the time! which is really crap.

I think they need to review the star system somehow, because although Arsenal are 4 1/2 star it is extremely hard to play against a decent player when they are Barcelona.

You should be able to ban Barcelona/real madrid/man city when you are seearching for a game.

Anyway, I was jsut annoyed because I got relegated :))

Loving H2H seasons again :))

Really on all manual, it just plays so well. The games ebb and flow, the chances missed, all add up to how well it plays.

I haven't had a kit clash for a while, it is as if Fifa heard me moan and just corrected it :DD

I now always quit when I play against Barca, so if I am a bit more patient I get great games against teams like Juventus, Bayern, Dortmond etc

I also like to go 3 star teams (I try every other game) which has been good fun.

The fact you can get promoted and relegated really adds to the online experience and also play in cups aswell, it gives you things to aim for which is great.

It is crazy though, I go from Division 10 where I can beat most people, to division 9 where the step up in manual player quality just shoots up! nearly in league 8 now, but dread to think of how good they are?! I don't think I will be seeing league 1 anytime soon.

Formations... what is consensus here? are people customizing formations?

one thing i much prefer PES to FIFA is the fluid ability to adjust formations, especially in game with out saving. what do you guys think?

I generally play a 4411 but I have numerous variations where it's changed slightly, default against top teams makes it a 451 with a CAM in the hole, against lesser teams or chasing the game more it's a 442 with a CF in the hole, other times it's 4213 with a CAM behind the forward and the wide players are wingers, the actual shape rarely changes just the roles of the players in the positions.

Is it me or does playing in the rain feel much better than other games with no rain? Everything seems weightier. I just love it! In normal games players feel so light, which I don't really like tbh. I wish that weighty feeling was always there in all games.

I hate the rain, I think it is over exageratted and feels like you are playing in a swamp most of the time.

I generally play a 4411 but I have numerous variations where it's changed slightly, default against top teams makes it a 451 with a CAM in the hole, against lesser teams or chasing the game more it's a 442 with a CF in the hole, other times it's 4213 with a CAM behind the forward and the wide players are wingers, the actual shape rarely changes just the roles of the players in the positions.
This is very similar to what I do. I tend to keep the same basic shape but tinker with the roles/arrows depending on opponent and personnel. I usually end up changing something every fixture.

I hate the rain, I think it is over exageratted and feels like you are playing in a swamp most of the time.
I don't mind the rain, it's the snow I can't stand. Even with the orange ball I find it a strain on the eyes.

Is it me or does playing in the rain feel much better than other games with no rain? Everything seems weightier. I just love it! In normal games players feel so light, which I don't really like tbh. I wish that weighty feeling was always there in all games.

This will sound really odd but I get a different feeling of 'weight' in different time of day and stadium settings. It's bizarre.

In the rain at night, or certain stadiums like Old Trafford or Wembley, at night, it feels more weighty. In other situations like daytime matches in other stadiums it can feel really floaty and light. The speed of players can feel different too.

Is that just me?!

This will sound really odd but I get a different feeling of 'weight' in different time of day and stadium settings. It's bizarre.

In the rain at night, or certain stadiums like Old Trafford or Wembley, at night, it feels more weighty. In other situations like daytime matches in other stadiums it can feel really floaty and light. The speed of players can feel different too.

Is that just me?!

No! Same here. Exactly how I feel. Which is making me hate playing daytime games..

I can't control the ball well during daytime, while during night/rain I can play sweet Brasilian football.

Is there anyway I can pick day/night/rainy before a game in CM?

Is that just me?!

soemtimes even in the same game its like the ball zips about on the rainy surface then other times in the game the ball gets stuck on the grass and wont move?

wtf is up with that? just my imganination?

I'm fully with you Bobby.

They need to only match you with teams that are the SAME Star level. I continuously have the same problem as I like to play with a variety of teams including lesser ones and I almost always come up against teams quite easily stronger than me.

Like I went and picked a 2nd division French team the other day and the guy had picked Sao Paulo!!

And the Kit thing is real annoying too!

So two things to fix for next year's edition, other than that, I like it. :)

I'm fully with you Bobby.

They need to only match you with teams that are the SAME Star level. I continuously have the same problem as I like to play with a variety of teams including lesser ones and I almost always come up against teams quite easily stronger than me.

Like I went and picked a 2nd division French team the other day and the guy had picked Sao Paulo!!

And the Kit thing is real annoying too!

So two things to fix for next year's edition, other than that, I like it. :)

Good glad I'm not the only one :))

Noticed Arsenal are 5 star team! but Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City are so much better, so it is so hard.

I said to myself I will quit straight away if any of the above teams are picked against me, which I usually do, but everynow and again I don't and end up sooooo frustrated when I am playing somebody I know isn't that good, but scores two jammy goals with Messi or something.

Overall I am enjoying it though :)) in division 8 and hopefully going to get promoted but it is tough. Will try a cup tomorrow aswell :))

I hardly ever play online and dont think im that good..just got promoted to DIV5 or 4? like promtions straight in a row.....suprised myself.

I hardly ever go the big teams. But when I need a win..eg last game to get promotion etc..my safety team is always AC milan!! dunno why maybe real or barca are better I just do well ith Ibra+Pato+Robinho + they have a solid defense

Any of you lads on xbox? I'm keen for a few full manual games. Maybe a friendly head to head season or something. Add me with my name as my gamertag.

p.s. LOL @ Lami's drool picture

I would Calcio and I am on x360 but I play assisted so I'm not sure you'd be interested. Though, I love playing with lower teams, so if that's something you're interested in, maybe we can add each other.

@Bobby, no I'm totally with you but facing likes of Barca or Real as Arsenal isn't even that bad. The problem is, it allows a WHOLE STAR above your team's current rating to be matched which is then just TOO unfair.

Like today I picked Bordeaux and the other guy had Juventus!

I then picked Brentford (Leauge 3) and 2 star team only to be be playing against the 2nd division Barcelona B which is 3 stars!

I also picked a 2nd division Spanish team, Xerez to face Auxerre from Ligue 1! The messed up thing is, if I knew there's this guy playing as Auxerre, I would've gladly taken a similar French club. But of course you don't know who's taking who and get mismatched like that.

Despite all those mismatches, I'm in Div 8, 4 points away from promotion with 4 matches remaining. So might just play as Barca/Real for next couple games to guarantee promotion as that's the only way (picking a 5 star team) that you won't get screwed. And of course the KIT thing is stupid as well!

They should maybe have an option where you can change your team to a similar level team as your opponent when you see the opposition, and also let you change your kit.

Yah definitely.

Two easy to make but KEY improvements that will instantly make FIFA13 that much better just on its own.

Back
Top Bottom