FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Manual Shooting is very difficult at first, it takes a lot of patience and practice. But it is also the most rewarding and satisfying aspect of Manual controls if you can persevere with it.

I have been playing a few all manual games online and the goals on all manual just feel better when you score. I scored a great one from an angle into the top corner, but it hit the corner in a different way, not right at the back in the corner but more, to the side. It is hard to explain, but it just looked and felt better.

Together with the fact that if you score on full manual you get a better sense of accomplishment.

Also with one on ones, if you are not composed then you will probably hit it wide. So you have to be calm on one on ones and it makes them alot harder.

I don't think I can play this anymore, it's just gotten a bit too easy. Disappointing because the gameplay is great.

How do you play the game?
v CPU? If so, Well it would get very easy in the end.
Online? I Still have plenty of tough games. I normally dominate but don't win as much as I should.
What config do you use? If its not already set to it, give All Manual a try.
If you are on that and its still too easy then I bow down to you as it sounds as though you are the dogs danglies at the game.

cpu easy lol..not for me on pro.

and if to easy its easy to make harder, icnrease cpu speed reduce human.

Decrease cpu shot and pass error etc..

How do you play the game?
v CPU? If so, Well it would get very easy in the end.
Online? I Still have plenty of tough games. I normally dominate but don't win as much as I should.
What config do you use? If its not already set to it, give All Manual a try.
If you are on that and its still too easy then I bow down to you as it sounds as though you are the dogs danglies at the game.

I play vs. the CPU, usually CM but sometimes exhibition matches. I'm using all manual controls on Legendary. I think the easiness is due to a combination of me being quite good at the game but more because my style of play works too well against the AI. I like to bring it down the wings (In my CM I play 3-4-3 which works surprisingly well, 3 CBs, a DM, 2 CMs, an AM, 2 wingers and a striker) and the AI just cannot defend against breakaways down the wing; the defenders refuse to mark the runs of my striker into the box. I've tried a variety of sliders to make it more challenging but nothing lasts very long.

I'm sure playing online would offer a good challenge but I've never had a good experience with Fifa's online.

cpu easy lol..not for me on pro.

and if to easy its easy to make harder, icnrease cpu speed reduce human.

Decrease cpu shot and pass error etc..

To me, giving the CPU better stats than me isn't fun. I still want to be able to outpace John Terry with Gareth Bale, for example, and I don't want lower league teams to be knocking the ball around like Barca (any more than they already do). I prefer to be beaten by the CPU playing well or me playing badly.

If you are beating them down the wings I would try increasing the CPU Line Width. Push the CPU Marking up to 100. Push the CPU Goalie way up too. All that doesn't work then play blind folded.:WORSHIP:

Would decreasing line height work too? I don't want them camping in the box like in PES but I guess that might help. I suppose part of my problem is that I don't want to attempt to make my own sliders out of fear of going mad so I just use other people's

Edit: As for how many goals, usually at least 2. I create loads of chances but my finishing on manual is awful.

Last edited:
Do you have any suggestions for sliders?
Well, these are the ones I use. They are not deliberately designed to make it more difficult, but they help create a slightly tighter, more compressed game I think. With the default sliders I find that the game is too open and forward ball movement is far too easy.

15 minutes / Legendary / Slow
Camera: Tele H:7 Z:3
All Manual controls (sometimes Passing Semi), Tactical Defending.

HUM/CPU
Sprint Speed --- 45 / 45
Acceleration ---- 48 / 48
Shot Error ------ 53 / 53
Pass Error ------ 60 / 60
Shot Speed ----- 50 / 50
Pass Speed ----- 55 / 55
Inj Frequency -- 92 / 92
Inj Severity ---- 66 / 66
GK Ability ------- 48 / 48
Pos: Marking --- 65 / 65
Run Frequency - 50 / 52
Line Height ---- 50 / 51
Line Length ---- 38 / 38
Line Width ----- 35 / 35
Fullback Pos. -- 51 / 51
Power Bar ------ 50

I have not experienced what you talk about when you say that defenders refuse to mark your forwards in the area.

If all else fails, pick a rubbish team and challenge yourself with using a wingless formation.

Last edited:
Well, these are the ones I use. They are not deliberately designed to make it more difficult, but they help create a slightly tighter, more compressed game I think. With the default sliders I find that the game is too open and forward ball movement is far too easy.

15 minutes / Legendary / Slow
Camera: Tele H:7 Z:3
All Manual controls (sometimes Passing Semi), Tactical Defending.

HUM/CPU
Sprint Speed --- 45 / 45
Acceleration ---- 48 / 48
Shot Error ------ 53 / 53
Pass Error ------ 60 / 60
Shot Speed ----- 50 / 50
Pass Speed ----- 55 / 55
Inj Frequency -- 92 / 92
Inj Severity ---- 66 / 66
GK Ability ------- 48 / 48
Pos: Marking --- 65 / 65
Run Frequency - 50 / 52
Line Height ---- 50 / 51
Line Length ---- 38 / 38
Line Width ----- 35 / 35
Fullback Pos. -- 51 / 51
Power Bar ------ 50

I have not experienced what you talk about when you say that defenders refuse to mark your forwards in the area.

Thanks for those. The only problem I may have with them is that last time I used a higher acceleration level than sprint speed I found it much too easy to dribble past players.

If I can find the time to play a match tonight I'll try and get a video of what I'm talking about uploaded

Thanks for those. The only problem I may have with them is that last time I used a higher acceleration level than sprint speed I found it much too easy to dribble past players.
If you don't like that part, just stick those two sliders back to 50/50 and use the rest of the set. It's just personal preference to take the edge off the speed a little bit.

Here's what I'm talking about with the defenders:

http://youtu.be/ci4azhGjzFw

It says Amateur but it was on Legendary, not sure why it does that. I don't score from it because the ball in is a bit off and the forward stops his run for some reason, but usually that's a goal. Notice how the two defenders just let him run by without tracking him. This was 1 or 2 real-time minutes into the game and only my second attack of the match.

Also here's my favourite goal I've scored on Fifa 12:

http://youtu.be/fpKrwP6DUtc

There were about 15 more passes in that sequence before the ones shown, I was very proud of that one.

Edit; Fixed the links

Last edited:
Hey guys can you sum up about FIFA 12 what makes it not the complete game.

When I played Pes1-5 I was happy and never make complaints just enjoy.

Sometimes I play fifa12 and I think WOW this game is THE GAME!!!

BUt often people are always slating it?

Why?

FOr me? It has a few problems which seem to be solved with slider adjustments tbh.

I play vs. the CPU, usually CM but sometimes exhibition matches. I'm using all manual controls on Legendary. I think the easiness is due to a combination of me being quite good at the game but more because my style of play works too well against the AI. I like to bring it down the wings (In my CM I play 3-4-3 which works surprisingly well, 3 CBs, a DM, 2 CMs, an AM, 2 wingers and a striker) and the AI just cannot defend against breakaways down the wing; the defenders refuse to mark the runs of my striker into the box. I've tried a variety of sliders to make it more challenging but nothing lasts very long.

play a different formation then? 4-4-2.....see your 3-4-3 as an exploit and dont use it

That is really strange - I have never seen that.

By the way, you might find the game more challenging if you didn't play with Barcelona and Man Utd ;)

Well if I'm the only one seeing it I guess there's a good chance it's my sliders causing it. Maybe a bad mix of marking and line height? I'll try the ones you suggested and see if there's a difference.

I was just using Barca there to create one of those situations as quickly as possible, and United is my long-term CM where I'm trying to focus on British players and youth. I've tried finding a weaker team to play as but it's not as fun to me because I don't feel like I'm playing with or against poorer quality teams.

was playing fifa 12 today and commentator sasy

''great to see ronaldo playing on such a big occasion as his birthday''

or soemthing along those lines lol

Just got into FIFA Ultimate team, but I have a HUGE problem, whenever I play a match, regardless if I win, lose or draw at the end of the game it says "cannot connect to ultimate team" and chucks me back to the FIFA 12 main menu, so I can't earn any coins etc but ridiculously my players contracts are deducted with that game. Seems that this issue has been going on for months for PS3 Users(http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1129396.page), has anyone else had this problem?

Also very very disappointing that EA not fixed the problem.

I'm still loving the sliders I've altered for my game, and have switched to semi shooting and passing, and manual everything else. Long balls now have a new dimension, I can hit the ball into space and it feels like it gives the game a new, free, feel to it. I played some friendlies as Ajax v Feyenoord last night and while I didn't do very well, the game felt organic, the individuality between Ajax players was amazing (the nippy wingers were in massive contrast to the turning circles of larger, more cumbersome players and the passing was really pronounced. I found myself getting the best passer on the ball as much as I could in the middle of the park).

So yeah, I think this year's edition has got such a bad rep from people claiming it's arcade like. There's nothing arcade like about the way the game plays on my settings, I wish I could video the whole match and post it. It consists of defending by covering the runs of players off the ball, good possession play from both teams, and varied and fairly limited chance creation. It's the best football game I've ever played IMO.

It's such a huge leap forward from FIFA11. The AI poses a constant threat, doesn't try the same types of moves over and over, and it's really tough without ever resorting to set moves or high pressuring. Those two games I mentioned, I finished with only 41% of the play, which makes a massive contrast to previous FIFAs and current PES titles where I'd have at least 60% of the play no matter what the teams were, and all of the time.

And I'm loving the physics engine too: the collisions in tackles are great, but you really have to position your body and be balanced before hitting the ball otherwise it'll go all over the place.

Overall the pace and flow of the games, for me anyways with the settings I'm using, are as close to my view of the way football matches play out as any game I've seen yet. I'm not trying to claim they're the best settings out there, what I think is amazing might be shit for someone else. Out of the box, I think the game is a bit problematic, but like the NBA games the sliders seem to be able to bring out something in the game that makes it all the better.

Last edited:
was playing fifa 12 today and commentator sasy

''great to see ronaldo playing on such a big occasion as his birthday''

or soemthing along those lines lol

The commentary is awesome, generally. I conceded a goal last night where I cleared the ball, all my defence pushed out, but the CB who gathered the ball near his halfway line dribbled through a giant hole in the centre of the pitch, walzed through two defenders (awful defending by me!) and slotted it home. It sounds like an odd goal, but I've seen these happen in real life when a team pushes out as someone dribbles towards the box and bypasses the defending team.

He must have run 50 yards with the ball as I pushed out to meet him, and the commentator screamed something along the lines of "that's an amazing wondergoal, especially for a defender".

I was amazed. I'd never heard that before, let alone the fact that it recognised that he'd dribbled so far with the ball before shooting.

I'm still loving the sliders I've altered for my game, and have switched to semi shooting and passing, and manual everything else. Long balls now have a new dimension, I can hit the ball into space and it feels like it gives the game a new, free, feel to it. I played some friendlies as Ajax v Feyenoord last night and while I didn't do very well, the game felt organic, the individuality between Ajax players was amazing (the nippy wingers were in massive contrast to the turning circles of larger, more cumbersome players and the passing was really pronounced. I found myself getting the best passer on the ball as much as I could in the middle of the park).

So yeah, I think this year's edition has got such a bad rep from people claiming it's arcade like. There's nothing arcade like about the way the game plays on my settings, I wish I could video the whole match and post it. It consists of defending by covering the runs of players off the ball, good possession play from both teams, and varied and fairly limited chance creation. It's the best football game I've ever played IMO.

It's such a huge leap forward from FIFA11. The AI poses a constant threat, doesn't try the same types of moves over and over, and it's really tough without ever resorting to set moves or high pressuring. Those two games I mentioned, I finished with only 41% of the play, which makes a massive contrast to previous FIFAs and current PES titles where I'd have at least 60% of the play no matter what the teams were, and all of the time.

And I'm loving the physics engine too: the collisions in tackles are great, but you really have to position your body and be balanced before hitting the ball otherwise it'll go all over the place.

Overall the pace and flow of the games, for me anyways with the settings I'm using, are as close to my view of the way football matches play out as any game I've seen yet. I'm not trying to claim they're the best settings out there, what I think is amazing might be shit for someone else. Out of the box, I think the game is a bit problematic, but like the NBA games the sliders seem to be able to bring out something in the game that makes it all the better.
seems interesting
it would be nice if you post ur sliders

I agree with some user editing this is the best football game ever!!

It's a great game esp when compared to FIFA 11. I think it is more arcade than sim because the game changes once you go to manual shooting and passing esp where stats are concerned. I only wish they could program in as many fouls as you would see in an old PES5 match. Played a 20 minute game last nite and there were over 20 fouls.

I think it is more arcade than sim because the game changes once you go to manual shooting and passing esp where stats are concerned.

Strange, I think the game is more sim than arcade because of how it changes the play when using manual controls where it takes into account player's stats :)

Strange, I think the game is more sim than arcade because of how it changes the play when using manual controls where it takes into account player's stats :)

My opinion but a true stat based game would be fully assisted then it wouldn't matter how much you screwed up the pass or shot. I agree though that the full manual this year is unlike any other FIFA I have ever played. The passing is a lot easier. Might be stat based I guess but I can screw up any pass regardless of the player.

Back
Top Bottom