FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

for fucksakes whats this im hearing that on online 1v1 games you can manually select the GK and let the AI defend for u?
FUCK RIGHT OFF

an idiot tried that against me last night and end up taking a goal because of bad positioning :LOL:

i was playing with lazio on division head up but all the other players uses REAL MADRID or BARÇA, at least i win twice and tied twice against them, even with a weaker team.

I didn't think you could switch to legacy defending in pro ranked team play???!!!
Hope the PS3 doesn't end up like this too!

It wasn't a ranked, just random games. I've only done a few ranked/actual team games and didn't notice it in there, but that was also right when the pre release was live so who knows. There were already guys with 83-86 overall VPs who of course were all 4'9".

Yeah unfortunately I think clubs is dead. We have played the last two nights and it hasnt been fun.

1v1 manual is where it is at.

A friend and me have played about 15 clubs games since downloading the game at the weekend, normally we'd play in a club of about 4 people but so far its been just 2 of us. I have to say quite frankly that I'm now very non plussed about Clubs mode this year, it's difficult to say why but here are some of the issues I have below, which really carry over from last year:

1) The CPU generated players (CPUG's) are still quite slow and unresponsive even though it has been said that they've had a boost. It doesn't really stand out at this point because a lot of VP's are <80 but having checked it seems that all CPUG's are <80 ovr, most midfielders seem to be 70ish top end and if I remember correctly I may have had one rated 69 which is a joke. To smaller teams (like the one I'd be likely to play in) the quality of your teammates is a big issue, one that will worsen over time as VP's improve will become more and more evident until the game is basically as bad as 11, where it's a VP showdown with the CPUGs barely involved at any point.

2) Small, fast VP's are still way too effective. They don't seem too punished by smaller stature against very big defenders, they can beat them for pace and strangely outjump them for headers on a lot of occasions. Thats a bit strange really but there it is. There is a lack of balance because they don't seem to be penalised for being 5'2" at all sadly. Expect to see a lot of small strikers as the weeks go by.

3) It doesn't look like keepers can be sent off. I don't think I need to say anything else on that. Ridiculous.

4) You can't see whether or not anyone is controlling the team (ANY) before entering a game. I can't tell you how irritating it is to have to actually enter a game to see whether anyone is controlling the team. Seeing as the AI is fairly telepathic and opposition players just stand on the halfway line smashing the through ball button until the CPU plays an inch perfect pass to them it is something I definitely want to know beforehand. Sadly that option isn't available and unless you don't play as ANY too you'll want to make sure you aren't wasting your time vs CPU ANYs. So frustrating.

5) VP Overalls no longer displayed? I know this has probably come from an intention to prevent people backing out but with the likelihood that people will hack VPs ever present (until they decide to save VP's to the EA Servers) I want to know if I'm playing against 4 x 100% VP's - being a reasonable bunch if the opposition have better VPs earned through hard work we will play but I'm not in the business of playing against cheats. Thanks EA for removing that option.

I know a few of those are not gameplay specific, but for me the main one - the overall quality of your teammates is going to hurt clubs mode again this year. It will be a VP showdown again, frustration and anger will set in once VPs reach a certain level after a month or so it'll be unplayable.

The impact engine provides some mixed results, it really still seems like a work in progress in places. In one example a defender went to jump over a player on the floor to get the ball, the player moved and flattened the defender giving the striker a clear run on goal. I know everyone knows about the IE though so I don't think it is worth elaborating too much, it's going to take some refinement though before it actually adds something to the overall gameplay.

In relation to VPs - still doesn't seem like there is much longevity in levelling up a VP. I think the highest target is scoring 400 goals, played online vs someone who was already at 81 today. It won't take too long for people to have near to max VPs and then the real gameplay problems will be evident in Clubs.

Despite all the complaining above there are other parts of FIFA 12 I'm enjoying. Offline (with slider adjustments) can be fun and you can see that Career Mode has been improved a lot this year - it's just a shame that the AI is still so/so.

Don't know if the above is of value to anyone else but I've already significantly lowered my expectations for Clubs in 12. Shame. :(

Last edited:
I want to buy FIFA12, But i don't know if PAL version contains arabic
or no..

Some people says that this mark
scaled.php

must be on the cover if the Disk to have an arabic version

Well, well, I overreacted a little bit, works without that Patch and the
patch still download while playing :D Awesome game btw. much better thant the demo.

what patch are u downloading if i may ask and please can you confirm what commentary you have after please sorry for always asking about arabic commentary its a shame how ea have hyped the feature only to potentially have it on offer in the middle east?

YouTube - رسالة خاصة من رئيس شركة الكترونيك ارتس للعرب| EA - Fifa 12

EA you are really silly for thinking that arabs only live in arab countries...what about the people that live in North America and Europe that want arabic commentary?? do we have to leave the country to get a copy?? wow...what a great marketing dept. you have..

Last edited:
what patch are u downloading if i may ask and please can you confirm what commentary you have after please sorry for always asking about arabic commentary its a shame how ea have hyped the feature only to potentially have it on offer in the middle east?
Don't know what the patch contains, a 3,1 GB big update just started after I
installed the game in Origin.

EA you are really silly for thinking that arabs only live in arab countries...what about the people that live in North America and Europe that want arabic commentary?? do we have to leave the country to get a copy?? wow...what a great marketing dept. you have..

I think it's a perfectly valid thing to want to know and agree that many people want/need Arabic commentary despite living in EU/NA etc and EA themselves did hype it after all.

I tweeted Romily Broad about it:

Placebo_obecalP
lots of questions from people in EU regions wanting Arabic text/comms in the game, which versions have it on disk & will be available asDLC?

RomilyBroad
it's only slated for arabic regions (360) right now, although DLC is being considered. Not planned right now though.

So that's not quite a no but maybe if you get some people to raise the issue, ask the question of EA, maybe a poll on the EA forums etc it could help :)

360 i don't know if it will b different for ps3 users many thanks for asking i too will set up a thread her and ask rutter on tweeter i defo think its a joke thank u for yr help

very sad now i know for a fact alot of ppl will b disappointed and this might inturn b ea downfall does anyone know Arabic shops online

please can i be rude and ask if u could tweet rutter plss sir im truly sad of this news to the point if i should buy the game or not

Last edited:
So the update installed succesfully, just two things I noticed:

1. I had to reapply my LOD settings, so there was something changed in data0.big/.bh
2. I now have French and Italian commentary, too.

Wow, can't believe how positive the reviews have been for FIFA 12. Wonder if I've made a bad decision now (just off to pick up my PES2012)...

I only really play single player, any thoughts on that in 12?

PES is for single player my friend. PES' AI and ability to conjure wondergoals often is a great feather to it's bow for single player.

PES is for single player my friend. PES' AI and ability to conjure wondergoals often is a great feather to it's bow for single player.

Well personally I'm absolutely loving FIFA 12 single player and CM at the moment. Even with its shortcomings, a simply fantastic game.

Back
Top Bottom