FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Well personally I'm absolutely loving FIFA 12 single player and CM at the moment. Even with its shortcomings, a simply fantastic game.

+1

Never had this much fun with a footy game offline. Especially since you can make the game as good as it gets for yourself with the sliders. Can't get enough of it!

Managed to play the full game against a friend last night. He doesn't play football games much so he used the two-button method whilst I used my normal semi controls. Had some really good games where he was able to enjoy himself just pinging it around with Barca and had tons more possession because of that but I enjoyed playing on the break with the likes of Bolton, Wolves and Sporting.

The players felt a bit heavier, certainly felt a lot slower and weighty than the demo where I felt like they could turn in an instant. I haven't had a game against the CPU yet but local multiplayer I think we preferred FIFA to PES. That's probably because he had to use all of the buttons I PES whereas it was much simpler in FIFA so resulted in a more balanced game.

One of the games had snow on the pitch, looked superb!

Thanks cesc unfortunately sad news no Arabic

I'm trying to start a twitter retweet campaign to get Arabic comms in the game!
Placebo_obecalP Paul R. Statham
Want Arabic commentary in #Fifa12? Want to experience something like this: http://t.co/77dk59aL EA please give us Arabic DLC! Retweet pls.

I was gonna use that Adebayor/Togo clip someone posted earlier as that was awesome but I couldn't find it :(

If you search Twitter for "#fifa12 arabic" there's quite a few people asking the same question, why it's not in US/EU versions and whether it can be added as DLC, I've retweeted them all and I have a few EA people who follow me, the more people that retweet this the better exposure it will get, I normally only ever play with English commentary but would definitely try out Arabic commentary it sounds amazing! :)

Assalam o alaikum.

Loads of UK sites ship overseas, Game.co.uk, Shopto.net, Play.com, Zavvi.com they're the usual ones all used by us, I ordered Arkham City and Rage from Gamestation.co.uk as they had a £5 off voucher offer but that expired now.

IMG_0738.jpg

Suarez :FAIL:

Awful.

Does anyone know of a list or something showing all the players with real faces in the game? I'm not only talking about the 8-tech thingy.
unfortunately I don't have any idea.
However it's far too less with real faces. I've already spotted some players that used to have a real face in previous versions and now show up as generic zombies (e.g. Claudio Pizarro)

I don't fell the pitch is that narrow on Tele Cam.

I simply can't use the new Tele Broadcast, as it does the only thing I don't want the camera angle to do - Speed up the game :(

But that's just natural - Because the pitch seems wider, the ball travels faster than on Tele Cam, because it need to cover the same length, just on a shorter notice, as on Tele cam :s

Hope that makes sense!

tele broadcast speeds up the game?

imho, pithc IS too narrow on tele cam.

but overall, game is amazing, excellent, even better than demo version.

It doesn't speed up the game in that matter - Let's make an example:

Telecam:

The pitch seems narrower to your eyes and that means that when you will pass the ball from A to B it seems slower on Telecam, because the distance between the two players (Let's say 10metres) seems shorter to your eyes.

Tele Broadcast:

The pitch seems wider and that means that when the ball goes from A to B it seems like the ball travels faster, because the distance of 10metres seems like 20metres in your eyes, because the cam is lower and you have a wider view of the pitch ;)

And when you put 2 and 2 together, your brain will automatically think that the game is faster on Tele Broadcast than Telecam :)

If you search Twitter for "#fifa12 arabic" there's quite a few people asking the same question, why it's not in US/EU versions and whether it can be added as DLC, I've retweeted them all and I have a few EA people who follow me, the more people that retweet this the better exposure it will get, I normally only ever play with English commentary but would definitely try out Arabic commentary it sounds amazing! :)

Assalam o alaikum.
Thanks for the effort Placebo. :)

For those who pre-ordered the game through Amazon and are UK residents, just to share with you all that they have started to deliver the retail version - I have just received an email confirmation of the delivery.

According to this tweet Placebo has just received Fouls could be fixed in a gameplay update on release day.

@Placebo_obecalP fouls and some difficulty tuning.

Just tried two games against the CPU. As Liverpool v Hartlepool, it was good to see them standing off and backing away. Their passing wasn't as good, they weren't as adventurous and played just like I'd expect them too really.

Second game as Barca v Marseille trying to recreate a demo scenario to see how different it played. And it played a LOT different. No crazy pressure from Marseille, no twisting and turning all over the place, NO CONSTANTLY GOING DOWN THE WINGS, and generally (again) played just like I expected.

VERY impressed with the full game. So much so that it might actually get played ahead of PES this year. Maybe the shine will wear off like it usually does with FIFA after a few weeks/months but for now I'm really enjoying it.

Could do with changing sliders to make CPU passing a bit looser and maybe more runs but otherwise it's very good.

Back
Top Bottom