FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I'm a one touch type of player.

I usually lay it off quickly when I receive, lots of one-two's and first time passes. Not typically a dribbler though when I play as a striker and have a pacey forward, then yeah in rare instances when no better options are present, I try to beat my man by putting ball around him (left stick) when he goes in for tackle etc.

Anyway, this is first year I'm getting xbox live, so I gotta see how my connection and everything is as well but yah if everyone sticks to their position and does their 'role' to get the win, this should be a lot of fun! :)

I usually lay it off quickly when I receive, lots of one-two's and first time passes. Not typically a dribbler though when I play as a striker and have a pacey forward, then yeah in rare instances when no better options are present, I try to beat my man by putting ball around him (left stick) when he goes in for tackle etc.

Anyway, this is first year I'm getting xbox live, so I gotta see how my connection and everything is as well but yah if everyone sticks to their position and does their 'role' to get the win, this should be a lot of fun! :)

the+rock.jpg

This is what Jazz is like when you don't pull your weight.

Because we're manual we normally try keep possession as much as possible going sideways and backwards first which brings out the pressurers (even in 12) and that how we get space further forward.

See how it goes with ya connection... Its been great this year...

If you've got 12 already we'll be on most nights this week. If not come on after retail release.

Add Jaz Fiction or Bitter Rivals on XBL.

Ha ha.

Right, can we get a clubs session going tonight?

Hopefully you guys were just a little frustrated last night, but we need a fun session. It will take us time to work out the best way to play vs the new defence system.

Ha ha.

Right, can we get a clubs session going tonight?

Hopefully you guys were just a little frustrated last night, but we need a fun session. It will take us time to work out the best way to play vs the new defence system.

I'm not gonna get much of a chance to night, my new lady friend is coming round *Showing off* but Tuesday/Thursday and i've booked Friday ALL day off work.

I'm not gonna get much of a chance to night, my new lady friend is coming round *Showing off* but Tuesday/Thursday and i've booked Friday ALL day off work.

Nice one Jaz, so long as she knows the score when it comes to getting your clubs fix ;)

I am off on Friday, will pick up the retail version in the morning then up for a major clubs session.

Failing that some 1v1's. Still smarting after my heavy defeat to Stu.

Nice one Jaz, so long as she knows the score when it comes to getting your clubs fix ;)

I am off on Friday, will pick up the retail version in the morning then up for a major clubs session.

She will :-)

Final post of hi-jacking the Discussion thread...

Go here for all clubs talk.. cheers

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=65139

i will play some 1v1 with you

Sounds good. I'll get the retail version tomorrow buddy.

And there is a time difference as I'm in Toronto, Canada but night time for you guys should still be okay for me when I'm home because you're 5 hours ahead I think. I'll add you both once I get the game and get xbox live and everything's settled. Should be a lot of fun!

I need help, never happened this before to me. I still don´t know waht game to choose this year. Any ideas that make me decide? Apart from "play the one you like". Both games are good but I feel that if I play one I miss the goods from the other one.

Are you having any joy finding Manual games? It was naff in 11 and took ages to find an opponent. I'm sure I read something that said it would be better finding people who use Manual.

No joy at all.
I did atleast 15 searches but couldn't find one manual game. Also, i havn't seen anyone in the manual lobby either. I tried sunday morning and sundaynight.

I also did a few head to head matches with a four star team and got matched with Spain, Real Madrid and AC Milan. Hopefully more joy when everyone can buy the game in the stores.

With the new defending system and some people saying it's hard getting the ball off their opponent, I imagine this game would come into its own on Manual. You have a little more time on the ball but there will also be a bit of passing error so it should be quality as you just won't be able to keep the ball as well as people on assisted... well you could if you concentrate but I'm sure you all get what I mean.

You are so right. Manual games with less pressure are quality. I used to play manual against human players without either of us using the two pressure buttons at all. That was great. Fifa 12 is even better.

I need help, never happened this before to me. I still don´t know waht game to choose this year. Any ideas that make me decide? Apart from "play the one you like". Both games are good but I feel that if I play one I miss the goods from the other one.

Play one until you're bored of it, then you buy the other game.

You're welcome.

Buy Fifa and if you don't like it blame it on the kangaroo.

I´m satisfy with game so far, it´s much better to play against the CPU on full manual with edited sliders. Also the creation center this year is great, a lot of licensed teams already there, i downloaded 10 argentine teams with badges, sponstors and third shirt.

You're telling me EA hosts files that makes unlicensed teams look licensed?

Yes, the new creation center do that. People can create teams with real badges and sponsors. Only people with ticket pass can create teams that way, but anyone can download and use it!

Yes, the new creation center do that. People can create teams with real badges and sponsors. Only people with ticket pass can create teams that way, but anyone can download and use it!

If Konami offered a service like that they would be sued before it was released. I mean isn't this why Konami can't host options files? If they could, surely they would since licenses are a big weak spot in their marketing.

You are so right. Manual games with less pressure are quality. I used to play manual against human players without either of us using the two pressure buttons at all. That was great. Fifa 12 is even better.

Yep, we have played occasionally and were fair and exciting matches. The problem is that is hard to find people to play like this and at the same time, but it's the only way I could enjoy Fifa 11 at all.

I'm thinking of waiting one or two months and get it on second hand. I thought this day would never arrive. I always bought one or both on launch, but this year I will have Dark Souls and NBA 2k12, and later on Batman, Uncharted and Assassin's Creed, so Konami and EA will need to do a better effort to take my money. I know they don't care much, but I'm quite let down by the last years of practically no evolution in both titles in the CPU AI.

is it just me but i cant seem to edit my draft fifa 11 teams in the new creation centre

Haven't been able to since it first went live. Loads of people have tweeted this problem, yet it's been seemingly swept under the carpet.

Don't really rate the creation centre. Yes, it's a lot better than previous current-gen FIFA's offered, but we had layered kit editing on PS1 that was better than what we're given these days. Don't get me started on the player creation.

Yep, we have played occasionally and were fair and exciting matches. The problem is that is hard to find people to play like this and at the same time, but it's the only way I could enjoy Fifa 11 at all.

I'm thinking of waiting one or two months and get it on second hand. I thought this day would never arrive. I always bought one or both on launch, but this year I will have Dark Souls and NBA 2k12, and later on Batman, Uncharted and Assassin's Creed, so Konami and EA will need to do a better effort to take my money. I know they don't care much, but I'm quite let down by the last years of practically no evolution in both titles in the CPU AI.

Yes i remember. Great games. We also played some online teamplay. You, Azzur and some other guys.

Too bad you're not getting it this week. You're still in my friendslist and i'd like to play you again.

I see IGN have given FIFA 12 a score of 9.5 out of 10. Really?? Game journalism is a joke, and like this game or not, it's not a 9.5. That's ridiculous. It's rated it above some of the greatest videogames ever made. Something smells fishy yet again with FIFA reviews and frankly it stinks.

It might be a game a lot of people clearly enjoy, but to rank it above some of the greatest games of all time is a ludicrous joke.

Honestly I did not like the demo of FIFA 12.

The CPU does not press, just watch the game. The Tactical Defense makes everything look so unnatural, I never saw a football game with a player cover to side as if a force field preventing him from approaching the opponent. Esthetically unfortunate, although the idea is good. But TD doenst work well. The AI ​​does not give our team attacking options, get stuck all the time. Remain practically immobile all the time, without any mobility, even minimal.

The CPU defense is always too deep, as if the opponent's offense was always very fast and going against the modern football. Some animations seem to cut in half, losing speed in output movements. Example floor, take hands off analogic and try to change the position of player abruptly. It seems a maneuver a car without steering assist or a truck. Just awful. Once again, aesthetically unpleasant. Also in this aspect, getting out of inertia is very, very, very slow. Some players just even dont run!!! The game is split on players with speed and players who run like have a sack of potatoes on his back. Same thing with the semi-automatic features for passes. Or the player is good or horrible.

With these and other problems not mentioned by forgetfulness, FIFA 12 is tiredness.

Absolutely no CPU errors against us, seem magical, be a Marseille or Barcelona. Make no difference. Do not make mistakes. ALL CPU players are the best in the world, no matter their attributes.

Some players are physically awkward. Walcott have wide shoulders, it looks like a swimmer, Rooney looks fat and Arshavin is slow and lazy in the game.

The shots are too easy, always very strong and now out of any position. There is no longer the slightest obligation to adjust his body to kick, as in real football. Simply kick. And here were able to make almost a Semi Auto.

FIFA 12 is quite inferior to FIFA 11. In absolutely every way. I can hardly find something that FIFA 12 is better. Perhaps the goalkeepers, because they are less powerfull. Impact Engine is cool too, works without major problems. Yeah, I'm done with the compliments on FIFA 12.

I'll probably play FIFA 11 until 2013.

ps: Please forgive my poor english!!!

Last edited:
Anyone else feel as though manual is not as manual as it should be or was previously in Fifa 11? It just seems more semi semi-assisted than manual.

Done some VP random games, playing semi for pretty much everything. It's starting to deteriorate to FIFA 11 style games as players get their VPs rated higher. I'm guessing through cheesing the system.
Nothing but small players, and I'm 99% sure everyone, or most, have switched to legacy defending now as the pressure is up. But with the new dribbling you can really make fools of people. In the last four or five games I've drawn six penalties and converted them all.

Shooting feels a lot better, more close misses and great saves. I should say, I have found a few games where teammates played their positions, worked the ball around and waited for opportunities. Rewarding when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom