FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Are there any offers in the Supermarkets this year?

I can get it for £35 with discount but would obviously rather get it for £25

Are there any offers in the Supermarkets this year?

I can get it for £35 with discount but would obviously rather get it for £25

Quite possible, but I've just gone with the Shopto offer of £39 for the Special Edition copy.

Shopto are usually very good delivery wise, too, and I wasn't too fussed about the extra savings. Although I should be, as October and November are a bitch for new releases.

Sainsburys might be doing another promotion. For FIFA 11, if you spent something like £30 on shopping, you could also get the game for a discounted £25. Okay, so you have to spend £30 to get the discount, but it worked out for me because I was doing my weekly shop anyways :) I'm sure they'll do the same offer this year if anyone wants to buy lots of beer with the game :P

Not sure what I'm gonna do with Fifa 12. I was certain there would be no football game for me this year but am getting tempted with Fifa 12. One minute I'm reading the AI sux then I read its pretty good.

I'm sure most (all?) people in here are saying the sliders didn't change much, especially with regards to CPU passing error?

I don't know how that is, because on its lowest setting i can make the CPU not kick one single pass straight.. Which is obviously not what your after either but they make a massive difference.

I'm sure most (all?) people in here are saying the sliders didn't change much, especially with regards to CPU passing error?

they make a big difference for me. But unfortunately there are two things happening if you ramp up pass error to lets say 90-95.

1. A lot more passes are misdirected in various ways, wich is good.
2. Almost all cpu passes are very bouncy, which does not look good or realistic.

I'm still looking for the right balance.

I have played a lot of games and my experience is that sliders make a big difference. It's great for quick and easy costumization of the teams playing style.

I am really happy with the full game, it's a big improvement over the demo in various ways and the sliders are the icing on the cake voor ofline matches. I'm impressed with EA this year. Too bad that playing assisted players online still sucks, even though it's not as bad as fifa 11.

I want really want to enjoy head to head seasons because i love the (worldcup) concept and it could have been so much better if there was an option to play head to head semi/manual seasons.

But all in all, amazing game so far. Great presentation too.

Can anyone tell if the sliders can affect the speed at which players can turn (or effectively their acceleration)?

The lighning speeds the AI players moved was what put me off the demo. If this could be corrected, or at least lessened, I think it would make a few more people reconsider the game.

Could've swore I saw some people saying it didn't change anything apart from make the ball bounce more :CONF:

Well reading the last few posts about the sliders is very good news then, good stuff :)

Can anyone tell if the sliders can affect the speed at which players can turn (or effectively their acceleration)?

The lighning speeds the AI players moved was what put me off the demo. If this could be corrected, or at least lessened, I think it would make a few more people reconsider the game.

Inertia/acceleration is much improved in the early release over the demo IMO.

I'd definitely say the sliders do make a difference, I adjusted pass inaccuracy and passes go wild if you try passes with players who aren't very good in technique/passing ie a defender for example.

When I played Macclesfield in the League cup they were absolutely awful at first, basically shit themselves every time they had the ball, their keeper spilled almost all my shots etc, but for the first 60 mins or so they kept me to just 1 goal and they grew in confidence and improved on the ball, eventually they even managed to equalise but then I scored the winner to make it 2-1, I was using the Man City 2nd string of course.

Can anyone confirm this, has the game been slowed down from the demo? Because according to my eyes, it has.. I likey!

Too bad that playing assisted players online still sucks

Are you having any joy finding Manual games? It was naff in 11 and took ages to find an opponent. I'm sure I read something that said it would be better finding people who use Manual.

With the new defending system and some people saying it's hard getting the ball off their opponent, I imagine this game would come into its own on Manual. You have a little more time on the ball but there will also be a bit of passing error so it should be quality as you just won't be able to keep the ball as well as people on assisted... well you could if you concentrate but I'm sure you all get what I mean.

Inertia/acceleration is much improved in the early release over the demo IMO.

I'd definitely say the sliders do make a difference, I adjusted pass inaccuracy and passes go wild if you try passes with players who aren't very good in technique/passing ie a defender for example.

When I played Macclesfield in the League cup they were absolutely awful at first, basically shit themselves every time they had the ball, their keeper spilled almost all my shots etc, but for the first 60 mins or so they kept me to just 1 goal and they grew in confidence and improved on the ball, eventually they even managed to equalise but then I scored the winner to make it 2-1, I was using the Man City 2nd string of course.

Thanks Placebo, sounds much better! You tried CM yet? Any good?

I've put the gamespeed to slow and then slightly increased player speed, acceleration and pass speed in the sliders and the inertia and acceleration seem to be improved. Of course everyone's perception is subjective.

I've put the gamespeed to slow and then slightly increased player speed, acceleration and pass speed in the sliders and the inertia and acceleration seem to be improved. Of course everyone's perception is subjective.

That +infinity.

Everyone's game and their needs may well be different.

Scutch your manual aren't ya? Not fancy bobbing on clubs with us lot?

There's about 6/7 of us from Evo-web but we need numbers up this year.

We do ok, play good footy and have a laugh, its a bit frustrating when they score cheap goals but we've won more than we've lost.

I've never played clubs before tough I do play a lot of Be a Pro mode as a single player or with a friend against CPU.

I don't play 'manual' though. Let me know if you guys want me in Johnny. I don't mind giving online modes like clubs a go this year and if with some evo-web friends, then even better!

I'm on x360 by the way.

Scutch your manual aren't ya? Not fancy bobbing on clubs with us lot?

There's about 6/7 of us from Evo-web but we need numbers up this year.

We do ok, play good footy and have a laugh, its a bit frustrating when they score cheap goals but we've won more than we've lost.

I would mate but my connection is always a bit iffy with Fifa, hence why I resort to Offline play.

It's absolutely fine and a joy with BF:BC2, so I don't know what the issue is with Fifa.

I'm XB360, too.

I am always hard on this game, as in the past it did not represent the sport in a proper way during single player matches which is all I play. I did not play the demo, but caved and got the early release portion.

I have to say, this is much improved over the past FIFA's. That doesn't mean there are no issues, but I think this game is back on my radar and may be playable. I have been playing with the slider tweaks Scorpio posted in the slider thread, and on Slow speed, here are my observations.

+ Manual passing applied, I see alot of errant passes (CPU Pass Error at 75). At times they pass it right to my players or miss with lead passes. Also some crosses are plain awful and go straight out of play. At the end of the match, it seems the CPU will be between 70 - 80%, maybe still too high, but it honestly feels like they make alot of mistakes which is realistic as even the best players make bad passes/decisions/or cross poorly. This is one area where this game shines over the over one (manual passing).

+ Time and room to move about the pitch is much improved due to the tactical defending. Past FIFA's were an absolute joke in this area with you getting chased across the pitch in a comical fashion. The most fit box to box player would be collapsed after twenty minutes of playing this way, so thankfully this crap is gone. You have time to make passes and move about, which was sorely lacking due to the pressure. It made you play arcade style to match the CPU as you had no other choice. In the middle of the pitch where there is more traffic, and you still have to make quick decisions and are under pressure, but it is in a more realistic fashion.

+ CPU seems improved in the way they attack due to the new defending. They now set up on your side of the pitch and will pass the ball horizontally if you stay in front of them and do the team control tactical defending to stop them. I still think they are behind PES in terms of individualism and the way the CPU can attack, but this is much better. Time will tell if this holds, but it is clear to see it is much better.

+ Playing longer halves feels good as I can hold the CPU to a realistic number of shots on goal the better I get at defending. I played a 15 min match Milan at Genoa, and held them to 13 shots, 8 on target. I play with semi shot control as I am not that good yet at shooting, which probably makes the CPU better at shooting. Maybe if I can switch to manual, they will miss the target more often as that shooting percentage is too high. Still the point is that I can play real futbol and set up and take time, without having the CPU just go forward at all costs and bomb my goal. In the past, the minnows would be world class and pepper a good team, although style of play issues may also come into play, something FIFA has been poor at.

+ Crosses into the box caught by the keeper are not counted as shots. I may be wrong, but in the past I thought this was not the case, which also could skew the numbers. Good positive regardless.

+ Injuries! Finally! I have the freq at either 65 or 70 and severity at 53 or 55 (at work now) and I see injuries. Like it or not, there are many injuries in this sport, and the fact that both titles seem to have a hard time replicating this is a disgrace. Milan has 11 first team players hurt at the moment. While it sucks, you have to deal and shuffle your side accordingly. Finally FIFA may have this right. I played as Madrid once and brought it Ricky for Ozil as they normally do as a sub. Ten minutes into his time on the pitch, he went down during a corner and had to come off. Love it. He even has the Injury prone trait, lol. Had Prince Boateng get a concussion during another corner, Nasri get a broken ankle, and also had another injury that I can't quite remember about. Love seeing the injury description, and also love that the ball is played back if the referee stops play. The little things keep you coming back, and this one is huge. Will be awesome in a MM to have to rotate your team. The slider settings will prob need to be tweaked to find the sweet spot, but at least this is an option.

- Lack of fouls is so frustrating. Like injuries, this is a part of the sport. You can't please everyone, so why on earth is there no slider for this? Just poor and comical. Like the random referee option, but no matter how strict, the number of fouls is not there. You only seem to be able to get fouled if you use that special dribbling option. Can't remember what it is called. I believe it is left trigger on the 360. Even then, not enough of them are called. I also can't foul the CPU, as I can't catch them, equally as frustrating. In a 15 minute match, I should see 5 fouls a piece at the low end, and 10-15 on the high end. Make a damn slider next year for this please!

- Spinning flawlessly around, the CPU is too prefect when moving. Seems everyone possesses this trait. Not good and causes issues when they attack. Defending is hard enough as it should be, but seems too many of the CPU players can spin around too easily. I sure cannot do that.

That is just an initial list from about 6 or 7 15 minute games vs the CPU.

I've never played clubs before tough I do play a lot of Be a Pro mode as a single player or with a friend against CPU.

I don't play 'manual' though. Let me know if you guys want me in Johnny. I don't mind giving online modes like clubs a go this year and if with some evo-web friends, then even better!

I'm on x360 by the way.

No problem PLF get involved.... We used be strict about playing manual but i think we can stretch to a few semi or assisted players if it means we get more on.

We just wont celebrate your goals because they'll be cheating ;-)

Re: Scutch give it a go if you like, and if its still shit, stick to offline, as Bitter says the whole mode is alot smoother online this year and connections have been great.

Back
Top Bottom