FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Played up until the close of the transfer window in career mode. Transfers are great - I'm Spurs and had teams coming in for Modric all month even though he wasn't listed. Accepted a £44m bid from Man City for him but negotiations broke down and he didn't sign.

A week later, Man U come in with a £50m bid. I accept, Modric is happy and moves. I sign Hamsik to replace him.

Then on transfer deadline day (which is fucking ace), I sign Hulk. The presentation throughout CM is infinitely better - for example, after signing Hamsik, the next match I played, at the start the camera panned around him in the lineup while the commentators mentioned 'the new signing'. A great little touch.

I was loving it too mate. Then I realized that every game I played was day dry! Nothing else. And I've been 2 months in the season. Have u also noticed this.

Already saw some weird transfers, Man Utd sold Hernandez and Nani both for £20m each in the second week and then accepted my bid for Rooney, makes no sense at all to sell 3 of their main forward line in one go.

I blame the drugs.

How you finding the gameplay, mate?

Pretty good so far, defending is obviously much harder which is great, it's a real achievement when you win the ball with a sliding tackle which was crazy easy previously!

Try the same for the cpu team and let's see them lose players to serious injury. As if.....

In the same match one of their players did get injured but not badly enough for him to go off, he spent the whole match with the knock though :)

That's nice to hear. It's good to see a player not be able to fully shake off/run off the minor injury as it always happened in FIFA11.

In the same match one of their players did get injured but not badly enough for him to go off, he spent the whole match with the knock though :)

Meaning he had that "ooh, I'm injured" animation when off the ball, but still played perfectly and at full speed when the ball came to him?

Has a single cpu team lined up yet not fielding its strongest line up? With a couple of star players missing through injury...or suspension?

Do I sound cynical?

English, French, German and Italian only :(

Maybe because it's the EU version, possibly you can download Arabic later, they made a big fuss about having Arabic commentary.

Here are my short impressions after playing the game since 10.30 am yesterday till near enough 1 in the morning... with a short break for Doctor Who and the X Factor in between of course.

Clubs atm is the games saving grace for me, it is actually really fun and the defensive AI hold together well now, you have no idea how happy I was when the other team got in 'that position' for a cutback, went for it and had two, yes TWO of my defenders slam into the other player and clear the ball with no issues, I was over the moon!

The AI on clubs now actually play some really decent football, which I'm pleased about too, I play CAM and it's actually really great.

I then tried out BAP offline and imo they still require too much assistance to do anything decent, without the added humans there it really isn't as fun, I was playing on professional though as World Class offline against the CPU just is not fun imo, online you have the help of other human players on your team making runs etc but offline (even with the run frequency slider up to 90) they just don't move enough.

As for Career Mode, the transfers etc/setup is all great, but the main issue for me is the AI. The same issues from FIFA 11 exist for me, as in the AI have ridiculously high passing accuracy no matter what team they are, I am Man United and Mallorca had a passing accuracy of 92% at the end of the game on professional 6 min halves, which is just ridiculous. The next game I played was against Toulouse and was going the same route before I had enough and switched the CPU passing error up to 100, which had an effect but it wasn't big enough... they were still pretty accurate and all it seemed to do was make the ball bobble more, with the odd misdirected pass here and there.

The CPU in the final third/outside their box make 'precision dribbling' (which I love, the contextual dribbling on clubs is wonderful even with an average player) pointless, as all they done was force me to make a pass or slammed into me and took the ball, they are still way too accurate just outside/inside their box with tackles.

I then tried online against a mate and the usual issues appeared, pace is still a massive problem and on something like Ultimate Team against a bunch of speed demons will show this game in it's worst light.

It also had those WTF moments such as, with Hulk I ran at one of his defenders who dispossessed me easily, then Hulk sort of auto locked onto him and barged into him, taking the ball then proceeded to bounce off his other defender and get through on goal for an easy finish, which if you've ever played 11 online you will know is annoying. I also scored an overhead with Pique using the new modifier from a corner, which by the way are still WAYYY to easy to get a free chance at goal from, although headers do seem to be less accurate which is a great, great thing.

Players do auto tackle as well, they may not do an animation but 9 times out of 10 it seems easier to just barge into them and take the ball than time a tackle, as people online don't have the insane reflexes the CPU seems to, so defending wasn't really difficult in the 10 games I played... whenever he came at me with Ronaldo I just used contain. (The only time contain will be helpful will be against those insanely quick players, as you just mirror them perfectly and all they can do is pass or run into you... it's actually ridiculous)

So as far as the game goes for me, Clubs is good enough to warrant a purchase but I fear that when all the VPs get highly rated it will just fall apart, hopefully I'm wrong.

Offline is just ruined by the CPU AI for me, I'm still hoping that someone will come up with a great slider set up that changes the game, but atm I just don't see it. To get any enjoyment I'd have to play on semi pro which is just too easy... where as with professional it isn't that it's hard, I just don't think the way the CPU can anticipate your tackles with turning perfectly at the right time, their highly ridiculous passing accuracy or insane need to get out to the wing to swing a ball in fun. I'll just never find playing against this AI fun, unless someone can change the way they work with the sliders...

... Clubs is still fun tho.

Last edited:
is this tweet or email man im so disappointed if its not in final version

can some pls tell me how can i delete or edit my draft fifa 11 teams in the new creation centre

Why would it not be in the final version? It's been confirmed already. If it's not in the EU version then you most probably have to get it from the middle-east.

I was loving it too mate. Then I realized that every game I played was day dry! Nothing else. And I've been 2 months in the season. Have u also noticed this.

Oh god no not this again... Please tell me they haven't got us playing a season of games all at night or alternatively sunny day :( this is seriously annoying for all if us who play Manager Mode!

anyone with the game that wants a go on clubs today. We play manual but not really bothered if you do. Get involved and add us on Xbox live. On all day.

Here are my short impressions after playing the game since 10.30 am yesterday till near enough 1 in the morning... with a short break for Doctor Who and the X Factor in between of course.

Clubs atm is the games saving grace for me, it is actually really fun and the defensive AI hold together well now, you have no idea how happy I was when the other team got in 'that position' for a cutback, went for it and had two, yes TWO of my defenders slam into the other player and clear the ball with no issues, I was over the moon!

The AI on clubs now actually play some really decent football, which I'm pleased about too, I play CAM and it's actually really great.

I then tried out BAP offline and imo they still require too much assistance to do anything decent, without the added humans there it really isn't as fun, I was playing on professional though as World Class offline against the CPU just is not fun imo, online you have the help of other human players on your team making runs etc but offline (even with the run frequency slider up to 90) they just don't move enough.

As for Career Mode, the transfers etc/setup is all great, but the main issue for me is the AI. The same issues from FIFA 11 exist for me, as in the AI have ridiculously high passing accuracy no matter what team they are, I am Man United and Mallorca had a passing accuracy of 92% at the end of the game on professional 6 min halves, which is just ridiculous. The next game I played was against Toulouse and was going the same route before I had enough and switched the CPU passing error up to 100, which had an effect but it wasn't big enough... they were still pretty accurate and all it seemed to do was make the ball bobble more, with the odd misdirected pass here and there.

The CPU in the final third/outside their box make 'precision dribbling' (which I love, the contextual dribbling on clubs is wonderful even with an average player) pointless, as all they done was force me to make a pass or slammed into me and took the ball, they are still way too accurate just outside/inside their box with tackles.

I then tried online against a mate and the usual issues appeared, pace is still a massive problem and on something like Ultimate Team against a bunch of speed demons will show this game in it's worst light.

It also had those WTF moments such as, with Hulk I ran at one of his defenders who dispossessed me easily, then Hulk sort of auto locked onto him and barged into him, taking the ball then proceeded to bounce off his other defender and get through on goal for an easy finish, which if you've ever played 11 online you will know is annoying. I also scored an overhead with Pique using the new modifier from a corner, which by the way are still WAYYY to easy to get a free chance at goal from, although headers do seem to be less accurate which is a great, great thing.

Players do auto tackle as well, they may not do an animation but 9 times out of 10 it seems easier to just barge into them and take the ball than time a tackle, as people online don't have the insane reflexes the CPU seems to, so defending wasn't really difficult in the 10 games I played... whenever he came at me with Ronaldo I just used contain. (The only time contain will be helpful will be against those insanely quick players, as you just mirror them perfectly and all they can do is pass or run into you... it's actually ridiculous)

So as far as the game goes for me, Clubs is good enough to warrant a purchase but I fear that when all the VPs get highly rated it will just fall apart, hopefully I'm wrong.

Offline is just ruined by the CPU AI for me, I'm still hoping that someone will come up with a great slider set up that changes the game, but atm I just don't see it. To get any enjoyment I'd have to play on semi pro which is just too easy... where as with professional it isn't that it's hard, I just don't think the way the CPU can anticipate your tackles with turning perfectly at the right time, their highly ridiculous passing accuracy or insane need to get out to the wing to swing a ball in fun. I'll just never find playing against this AI fun, unless someone can change the way they work with the sliders...

... Clubs is still fun tho.

Damn the one thing stopping me getting this is the troublesome AI. I want to do career mode but the AI is make or break for me.

Same 2 questions every year

Can players get injured in online matches and can keepers be sent off?

Oh and did that volley button ever see the light of day?

Just curious about the creation centre.

I thought you could add licensed badges/kits to created teams? Can't see the option online (I have the season pass aswell).

One thing annoying me about the online games, it keeps matching me with the same team...so Liverpool vs Liverpool etc, there should be an option to avoid the same team.

If you quit the game as soon as you see who your opponent is does it affect DNF?
.....coz no matter who you choose you will most likely face the big guns (based on my exp. so far)

Anyone on ps3 looking for manual games add me : l_iam_legend

Last edited:
Changed injury occurrence and severity to 70, 2nd friendly of the season I win a corner, balls comes in and players challenge, Kolo Toure goes to the ground clutching his shoulder, broken collarbone out for 3 months :)

Ok 70/70 is probably too high, first league match of the season versus Swansea and Yaya Toure just did his ACL and will be out 7 months! Gonna change injury severity down to 55 :)

Back
Top Bottom