FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

No PES does a really lame cutscene first and then shows the player walking up to the ball and then throw it. It's not flowing like in FIFA.

The only thing that has annoyed me is assisted players online and the finese shots when one on one with the goalie. Totally bugs

Anyone want any manual games on Xbox add me:

Leighlad2010

NOT HAPPY

100% VP available for download already, talk about runining a mode AGAIN

thought EA stopped this, or said they would

:RANT: ffs, it's not exactly hard to stamp this out, someone at ea needs to pull there finger out, this is the main reason i enjoy fifa but the whole have giant players on pitch and maxed out players is just stupid.

Played 5 online, lost all 5.

I'm not quite sure why though. I'm not a terrible FIFA player - my record on FIFA 11 was good. I think maybe I'm just trying to play FIFA 12 differently, with a bit more build up and passing, whereas everyone I've played is playing it like FIFA 11 and just playing 1-2s with their two strikers and running through on goal from 40 yards.

I fired up the demo on the weekend and for once set it to "experienced". And the AI seemed better. Well options were easier to come by and I drew with the AI and scored easier than playing on Professional level? Can't be right. I wonder if there was a bug with difficulty settings on the demo or if the AI intelligence that ramped up.

I fired up the demo on the weekend and for once set it to "experienced". And the AI seemed better. Well options were easier to come by and I drew with the AI and scored easier than playing on Professional level? Can't be right. I wonder if there was a bug with difficulty settings on the demo or if the AI intelligence that ramped up.

I'm not ashamed to say I suck so bad at the new defending system that my current CM is being played on professional with manual/semi controls, and I'm really enjoying the opposing AI, they attack in varied ways, make mistakes, aren't perfect in how they play, even screw up simple passes, but are still very deadly in attack (I lost 6-1 to Bolton as Man City but it's my Pug's fault TBH) :)

It twists and turns to try to get past you yes, but more often than not the more skillful players just go past me by doing very subtle little tricks/ball shifts or lane changes etc, I really have to stop leaping into the tackle!

It twists and turns to try to get past you yes, but more often than not the more skillful players just go past me by doing very subtle little tricks/ball shifts or lane changes etc, I really have to stop leaping into the tackle!

I hear you on this. Ive just posted in another thread on FIFA 11 full manual WC mode Id do ok but im on proffesional and lost all my pre season games as liverppol.

Anyone want to play full manual on xbox add me please, full manual v assissted is no fun with the finesse shot:

Leighlad2010

I hear you on this. Ive just posted in another thread on FIFA 11 full manual WC mode Id do ok but im on proffesional and lost all my pre season games as liverppol.

Anyone want to play full manual on xbox add me please, full manual v assissted is no fun with the finesse shot:

Leighlad2010
There are a few of us who play full manual online 1 v 1

I'll add you or you add me gamertag is andythom77

I honestly think this will be the only online mode I'll play this year

Anyone care to upload a picture or write out the default controller settings? Kinda messed mine up being the idiot I am.

For people deciding wether to buy this or not based on demo - Ive said this already but i hated the demo. I couldnt win the ball back off the AI even on semi pro, i hated the way the AI dominated possesion dancing and tricking around my team, i hated my team mate AI who didnt make space giving me any attacking options and i just found it sluggish and pretty much dull. Im now playing the early release and i really love it. Im having more possesion, the AI isnt as agressive and the problems ive stated seem to be gone. The demo must be a really old build because this game is brilliant. My suggestion would be just to forget the demo, if you like past fifa games you'll love this.

Just read that on another forum. If that's true then my interest in FIFA might be rekindled again. Hopefully there's more weight to the players and variation in the player. If so, I'll pick up FIFA.

I didn't play much of the demo but I would say that the full game (that's assuming the early release is 100% final code) is a lot better than the demo, especially in terms of game pacing, weight of the players etc.

Oh and I would say it's a massive improvement all round over Fifa11.

I haven't had any ingame stuttering, couple of times the audio stuttered and went completely silent for a second or so but that's about it.

Someone has reported no commentary during a cup match but I didn't have that problem, in the league cup it correctly switched to Tyledsly/FakeIrish whereas the league games are Tyler/Smith

One thing i can say about this game, playing a game with Real Madrid, when you shoot the fecking ball is like a rocket. Very impressed with this game at the moment. But still get owned online.L/L/L/L/L/L.:SHOCK:

There are a few of us who play full manual online 1 v 1

I'll add you or you add me gamertag is andythom77

I honestly think this will be the only online mode I'll play this year

Nice one mate ill look out for you. Ive just had two more games 1-1 last pre season then beat Sunderland 3-1 after going 1-0 down and they hit the post from a penalty to make it 2-2. Ive changed my tactics to have 2 defensive midfielders and just one up front its a 4-2-3-1 but Gerrard makes ace runs as the attacking midfielder

Handballs have been fixed too. Seen just too pens and both of which were deffo handball. Arms out

The game for me is just awesome. I'm sure I'll get called a fanboy but im not fussed best football game Ive ever played bar none

Yep add me to any manual list too... 1v1's are superb this year.

Clubs? The jury is still out on that one...

Online Team play (Pro Ranked Match) was a nice surprise, playing manual in that and still having enough time to play well.. In fact most games being better than the assisted players.

Offline still turd until i find the right slider settings. Any suggestions? Dont mind AI keeping the ball but its depressingly boring in its play. CM was spoilt so far because of it... because CM looks to really improved in all other areas.

Just got 9.10 & Man of the Match in a Pro Ranked match as CB - that was lovely. Didn't get a Man of the Match credited to me in my VP's accomplishment's though. :YAWN:

Bloody game.

I'm half tempted now if people say the offline game is vastly improved. People are saying the final version of PES has been ruined so this could be tempting. How much different is the AI to the demo?

I'm half tempted now if people say the offline game is vastly improved. People are saying the final version of PES has been ruined so this could be tempting. How much different is the AI to the demo?

Some are still a little unhappy with the defensive AI but overall it seems to have been improved enough to give a good account of itself. Certainly from the demo, anyway.

In addition to this, the sliders are making for some decent alterations to how the CPU goes about it's job, and they seem to work.

Obviously you'll never have the same feeling as playing against a human opponent, as the AI will always know what to do and how to prevent you from doing something just from working out your corresponding button press, but it's clearly a much better experience than the demo and of course Fifa 11.

In addition to this, the sliders are making for some decent alterations to how the CPU goes about it's job, and they seem to work

I'm sure most (all?) people in here are saying the sliders didn't change much, especially with regards to CPU passing error?

Back
Top Bottom