Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

I like your post but I'm not sure I agree with this part. I'm not saying you're wrong necessarily, I just have my doubts, especially about the idea that a more realistic football sim would be less appealing to FIFA fans.

Sure, the EA forums are atrocious - posts trend toward the juvenile, meaningless, and at worst malicious. But until EA release a more "realistic" game and see its sales figures drop, I'm hesitant to jump to the conclusion you have. Some of EA's other games, like Madden, Tiger Woods, and MLB, do very well for themselves, yet they are not frenzied action-fests but instead require moments of pause and thought.

If the game is fun, they will play it. I don't have the sales figures in front of me but didn't PES 5 and 6 sell well, when they were at the heyday of realistic football sims? Now combine that with next gen graphics and 360 dribbling etc, and you're telling me the kids won't like it?

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm completely talking out of my butt here, but until it actually happens I'm going to resist the argument that a more realistic FIFA would turn away a significant portion of its fanbase.

You are probably right. Perhaps what i should have said is that i don't think many of the Fifa forum dwellers would appreciate it immediately....it would take time. If that makes sense...

Watching the celebrations it's such a shame the Knee slides did not leave pitch streaks, the first team to bring real time pitches will have such a wow factor on the graphics side...

You and "pitch wear" ... haha
Ihope that during those celebrations there will be more than 1 teammate joining up.Otherwise if FIFA 12 you'll have the huge feature "3 players can now celebrate goals" together

You and "pitch wear" ... haha
Ihope that during those celebrations there will be more than 1 teammate joining up.Otherwise if FIFA 12 you'll have the huge feature "3 players can now celebrate goals" together

Pretty sure I've read about player piling up after a goal

It already seems taxing enough as it is with all those shader tech on the player models, not to mention the weather effects. With news that even the simplest of player running animations being calculated based on stats as opposed to a locomotive system of simply speeding up/slowing down, its safe to assume more cpu cycles are taken up than ever before. If they ever get to implement real-time pitch deterioration, that probably meant something else had to give.

Watching that video again it's pretty clear that the players have to slow down much more while doing strong turns with the ball. The first one where he runs around at the back looks so fast because he almost keeps a constant speed (with perfect touches) all the time even when turning. If they just could fix this it would make it so much more realistic in pace.

People need to understand to let go of the RUN TRIGGER in Fifa. It makes the game x200 better. Seriously. You can beat players with someone with good skill. It will be even more apparent in '11.

Pretty much the kind of thing I expected. Looks good - but it's always hard to tell with this kinda trailer. 11v11 confirmed.

There has always been a limit to the amount you can turn when you sprint. To make a large turn you had to stop sprinting and go to jog speed briefly.

Sure, but what does it matter when you can clearly see him in the video twisting and turning "full" speed? doesn't matter that he is jogging, it's too quick and look unrealistic.

And the trailer didn't impress me at all, I think they actually made it look pretty unrealistic.

My god - Arshavin made Cashley look fucking STUPID in that 'We No Speak Americano' video. :SHOCK:

If that's the A.I. then I'm looking forward to this. The trailer looks slick, but I can't wait to see real time full match gameplay soon enough. :D

Sure, but what does it matter when you can clearly see him in the video twisting and turning "full" speed? doesn't matter that he is jogging, it's too quick and look unrealistic.

Jogging by definition isn't full speed. I know what you're saying - but this really has been the way it's been for a while. To be honest, most players really wouldn't struggle with a 90 degree turn whilst jogging, at all. I think it would make a big difference if it looked more strained.

good video on facebook page, trailers always look the balls, but i like what theyve done with personality+. Also for the net freaks I noticed a hexagonal loose badboy in the vid!!! LOL I know its sad!!!!!

Jogging by definition isn't full speed. I know what you're saying - but this really has been the way it's been for a while. To be honest, most players really wouldn't struggle with a 90 degree turn whilst jogging, at all. I think it would make a big difference if it looked more strained.

Most people would never have 100% perfect touches all the time, as a matter of fact no one would.

Back
Top Bottom