FIFA 11 Career Mode Thread PS3/360

Really dreading looking and finding out the answer for myself, but someone posted they got Leeds promoted and all they received in extra transfer funds was $1.5m :( I'll be majorly fucking gutted if this isn't fixed in 11 :(

Hey Placebo,

That was me and this is correct... I did get a couple of little cash injections throughout the season but it didn't make sense to me to only get 1.5 mil. Maybe I'll get more later but I had to work really hard to shape a squad with what I had at the beginning of the season.

Overall I've been able to bring in a few good mid level players but if going into the 3rd season I don't have any money, There is nothing I can do further in the mode.

As Leeds I just beat Liverpool last night 2-1 in a massive shock FA cup win after losing to Scunthorpe 1-0 the previous week (goals are hard to come by) and got a 600k TF bonus.. :P

But 1.5m does seem very low...

That's good to hear! These must be the same exact programs running because I had to play Liverpool as well and got hammered 3-0. I got nothing... Maybe there are rewards for cups and such to get some extra cash then?

Hmmm nice one, how about chants then, this would be great..

All I need now is a FECKING INJURY... :RANT:

I'm a disillusioned man right now...

I went to get my chants and now they are banned... that's fecking disillusioned!

I had 3 injuries my first season. One was 3 months long and happened in game to Baxter who I loaned in. As soon as he was injured I dropped out of 1st place and into 5th and couldn't recover because I had no backup...

Argh, gutted :(

Chelsea at Villa Park. Lampard fired them unerringly into a first half lead from the edge of the box, before Ireland levelled. Then, in the 90th minute, a cross deflected off James Collins and fell kindly for Sturridge to tap in at the far post. Heartbreaking!

That's three defeats in three. A relegation zone contest with Bolton up next...

A relegation zone contest with Bolton up next...
...a two-nil victory at the Reebok with arguably our best performance so far (weakest opponent, admittedly). Even Sidwell had a good game. Carew returned to the starting lineup and had one of his occasional good days, scoring the first and then linking nicely with Reo-Coker to seal the points:

YouTube - FIFA11 - Carew hold-up play

Check out Nige's movement, as well. Wasn't even a one-two, he just saw the gap and curved his run into it.

btw I'm laughing at how weak sauce REPLAY THEATRE TM is. Five replays. Total. I have a 120gb hard-drive, EA! Five little flv files? Jesus. :FAIL:

That was a sweet run by coker, I sure wish he would do that in my CM! I don't understand why the coach keeps putting Delph behind Carew, and Gabby on the RW... which leaves no room for Albrighton or Downing

So I finished my first season with W.B.A:

- Finished 11th so the board are happy enough seeing as my objective was to stay around the middle of the table

- Won the F.A. Cup, beating Stoke 3-0 in the final, Dorrans getting MoM with two brilliant goals

- In the close season was offered jobs at Sunderland and West Ham, who both finished a few places below me (quite realistic offers then) but because I received about £4m for my F.A cup run, £6M for finishing in the league and about another £8M from the board for completing my season objective it was a no brainer to stay at West Brom now that I had about £20M to play with on new signings!

Over the summer:

- Sold off any underperformers (here's looking at you Ricardo Fuller) and loaned out any promising youngsters to free up the wage bill.

- Said goodbye to Macheda, Wilshere and Gibbs who were all fantastic on loan the season before. Macheda finished as the clubs top scorer with 14 goals!

- Made Scharner captain for his never say die performances and impressive goal contribution (6 in all competitions)

- I'm now a 1.5 star manager on £7K a week, I now this is pretty irrelevant but it gives you a little bit of role playing scope - so far I've earned £300K for when I retire!

New signings and season:

- No 1 priority was a man I just missed out on the deadline day of the January transfer window and who I was sure would be a reliable week in week out goalscorer - John Carew. It was here I was very impressed with the new transfer system. In January Carew was rated at about £6.5M and Aston Villa wanted £8M. Six months later he was now £6M and I eventually signed him for £7.5M so its nice to see player prices fluctuating. So far he has 3 goals from 2 games so looks promising.

- Behind Carew in the No 10 position I signed Fabrizio Miccoli from Palermo for £7.1M who looks brilliant so far, fast, skillfull, pops up everywhere with a shot and scored some proper scorchers in pre season. Had to give him a pretty beastly wage of £55K/week though!

- Next I set about looking for some pace and crossing ability on the wings to make the most out of Carews power and heading ability. Here I found searching by speciality really great. Amusingly I ended up bringing in Beckham for £5M - now rated at 78 and pretty slow but has 2 goals in 2 games and is absolutely lethal from free kicks and crosses so I think its a gamble that will pay off. I also signed Felipe for £3M who is has the dribbling speciality and Apodi for £2.6M who is a RWB, 24 years old 71 ovr with the speedster speciality (92 acceleration!). I have my formation set up so that he overlaps Beckham and so far they are tearing up the right wing.

- Last minute deals included bringing in Frimpong on loan from Arsenal and Pierre for £1.2M (71 ovr, tactician speciality) from Palmeiras to rotate in the 2nd CDM position alongside M'Bia in my new 4-2-3-1 formation, F. Borini from Chelsea on a free and Michel a CAM on a free.

So a busy summer then!

So far I lost unluckily 2-1 to Everton, drew 1-1 away at Chelsea and destroyed Bolton at home in the league and am 8th. The team feels much more creative offensively which was where I faltered last season. Just got beat knocked out of the league cup by Wolves but I think it will be a blessing in disguise as now that I'm in the Europe League the games are coming thick and fast!

Sorry for the EPIC post - really enjoying manager mode this year, even if it is somewhat simple!

Anyone else care to share how they are doing? :SMUG:

@nerf i love your cm!!great goal by the way!just to know what are your settings?full manual?and did you edit tactics?

Amusingly I ended up bringing in Beckham for £5M - now rated at 78 and pretty slow but has 2 goals in 2 games and is absolutely lethal from free kicks and crosses so I think its a gamble that will pay off.

I think I jinxed myself because Beckham just got injured away at Blackburn is now out for 100 days! Hopefully Dorrans can fill his boots - is pretty decent at free kicks himself....

just to know what are your settings?full manual?and did you edit tactics?
Legendary, slow, 10 minute halves, everything set to Manual except player selection ('air balls'). I haven't edited any custom tactics yet, no.

Unfortunately there wasn't any momentum from the Bolton win. A disastrous, ugly 0-1 defeat at home to Blackburn in the rain, with ex-Bluenose David Dunn of all people getting the winner, was not welcome at all. Things will have to pick up soon. 'Marathon not a sprint', etc :P

I had a 'semi-injury' with Agbonlahor. He picked up a knock during the game, so I chose to sub him off. After the match I received an email from the physio stating that Agbonlahor is able to be selected to play, but is still carrying a minor injury. He's got a little plaster/band-aid next to his name.

The CM mode is atrocious in this game. One measly week and I will never touch it again. Very poor. Online is again the only thing that saves Fifa.

Need some help with player growth in CM, anyone got the hang of it yet? Seems hit or miss, quirky, bugged, or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet - today I got an email bitching me out for not playing a player with a lot of potential, but in the player growth screen my assistant coach has no comment about the player.

So which should I do - give time to the player who the email recommends or to the players that are listed as having loads of potential in the player growth screen?

Also, is there a way to see how my players grow? I just got updated that one of my CMs went up 1 OVR but I'd like to know exactly how he improved, is this possible?

Last year there were player potential screens with growth line graphs - are those still around somewhere?

Even if manual player growth was a tad unrealistic to some, at least I knew what the hell was going on with my players!

Any ideas?

Great post Jamxo!

Good to see you got quite a huge kitty to spend! Seeing as Erik only got 1,5mil I guess they didn't realise they needed to award prem money for 1st division promotion! Hopefully he can scrape by the coming season and stay up and then get some money to consolidate his position and grow.

Obviously most Rutter tweets relate to the online/clubs issues, but a couple of pertinent tweets for the CM fans:

@ruttski is there going to be a title update out soon?? Or are you just going to fix the servers? about 16 hours ago
@Jori91 no title update soon. Takes some time to get them through sony and MS. We will get them done as soon as we can though. about 14 hours ago via Twitter in reply to Jori91
@ruttski Are you guys at EA trying to fix 1) the edit problems which changes positions 2) overall rating bug 3) and career mode issues 10:03 PM Oct 4th via web
@addazsc 1 - yes, 2 - Yes, 3 - Yes. about 16 hours ago via web in reply to AdamSCurran

So I just finished the January transfer window, only purchase I made was Emnes from Middlesbrough, I needed someone with pace who could cover wings and up front if need be, I was surprised they let him go for £1.2 and also surprised he was happy to join a League1 team, I guess the fact we're in an automatic promotion slot helped, I still had about 900k left to spend so I decided to use my final budget adjustment and I moved it all over to wages, this gave me about 30k to spend on wages so I signed 10 free transfer players who're valued between 600k and 800k, I will sell off the surplus of those next season to help out my Championship warchest :)

Need some help with player growth in CM, anyone got the hang of it yet? Seems hit or miss, quirky, bugged, or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet - today I got an email bitching me out for not playing a player with a lot of potential, but in the player growth screen my assistant coach has no comment about the player.

So which should I do - give time to the player who the email recommends or to the players that are listed as having loads of potential in the player growth screen?

Also, is there a way to see how my players grow? I just got updated that one of my CMs went up 1 OVR but I'd like to know exactly how he improved, is this possible?

Last year there were player potential screens with growth line graphs - are those still around somewhere?

Even if manual player growth was a tad unrealistic to some, at least I knew what the hell was going on with my players!

Any ideas?

I heard that it's bugged.

Also is anybody elses CM crashing constantly? Mine has crashshed twice in the first "month" of playing.

Just had the weirdest commentary bug in my CM. I'm playing with PSG and during the lineup against Saint Ettien they say:

"Arjen Robben has gone back to Spain, leaving Bayern Munich for Barcelona"

Pretty cool that they mention that, but what has that got to do with my game? :)

Just had the most awesome match, first european game for W.B.A - away at Sparta Prague.

First have I was 2-0 up after two brilliant taken goals by Carew but then they levelled from a corner with literally the last kick off the half. Started the second half slowly and soon gave away a penalty (for literally running into their striker, not pressing slide or standing tackle - quite cool but frustrating that they have added this in!). 2-2 - changes were needed.

Took Carew off and brought on Funes Mori - my 19 year old No 9 with the poacher and clinical finisher shields. A few minutes later we were 3-2 up, Mori nutmegging the keeper from a through ball. Replaced my tiring RWB with a strong CB to shore up the defence and switched to counter attack tactics.

I absorbed the pressure comfortably enough and from our corner the ball fell to the new Captain Paul Scharner. He muscled through two Prague players and hit a low driven shot from outside the area which beat the keeper, hit the post and went in! On manual shooting so I literally gasped out load - nice one! Prague tired and I was able to slip in Mori in the 80th minute to finish clinically beating the keeper at his near post.

FT. Sparta Prague 2 West Bromwich Albion 5 - a good day for the Baggies!

Hope no one minds me interjecting to ask this but I've been googling my ass off for an answer to no prevail. Does the career mode get a bit stale after a bit? It got a bit boring in 09 (both BAP and MM) so last year I went with Pes for ML. In 09 it just seemed like every game was the same and this is what I read about Fifa 10 CPU AU.

Obviously most Rutter tweets relate to the online/clubs issues, but a couple of pertinent tweets for the CM fans:

Quote:
@ruttski Are you guys at EA trying to fix 1) the edit problems which changes positions 2) overall rating bug 3) and career mode issues 10:03 PM Oct 4th via web
Quote:
@addazsc 1 - yes, 2 - Yes, 3 - Yes. about 16 hours ago via web in reply to AdamSCurran

What is #1? What edit problems? Actually if anyone can explain all three of those I'd appreciate it.

Lots of people deleting the update as the gameplay is better on the out of the box 1.0 game...

Is there a post you can link me to that describes the differences? I'm thinking of clearing my cache again to see if I notice a difference, especially since I only play offline.

Any ideas?

So no ideas then? I guess I'll just go by what the player growth screen says but I hate to ignore that email since I kinda like that player!

It's frustrating there's no way (I guess) to view how our players actually improve - has anyone noticed how their players improve, as in whether it seems random attributes increase or if it's just a single attribute?

Also, I've got a young player who I'm told has high potential and should be playing all the time. He is but he currently is at -1 for growth. I haven't received an email about this and I'm hoping this is just a bug - can't imagine why he'd decrease, especially when he's one of my best players.

Hope no one minds me interjecting to ask this but I've been googling my ass off for an answer to no prevail. Does the career mode get a bit stale after a bit? It got a bit boring in 09 (both BAP and MM) so last year I went with Pes for ML. In 09 it just seemed like every game was the same and this is what I read about Fifa 10 CPU AU.

If you like PES then def stick with ML - CM is a pretty bare-bones management mode and is a bit of a mess at the moment. If you enjoy FIFA's gameplay then it certainly can't hurt to give it a try, but if you don't already own the game and would be buying it only for this mode, I might wait to see if it gets smoothed out. Although if you found MM boring in the past, there's even less now to keep you interested, so...

What is #1? What edit problems? Actually if anyone can explain all three of those I'd appreciate it.

3. too many to list, as usual.
2. Overall is being calculated wrongly for defenders/defensive players, it's using attacking positioning stat instead of interceptions.
1. Edit a CM for example and he'll change to CAM and your only other option is to make him DM.

3. too many to list, as usual.
2. Overall is being calculated wrongly for defenders/defensive players, it's using attacking positioning stat instead of interceptions.
1. Edit a CM for example and he'll change to CAM and your only other option is to make him DM.

Oh wow, I hadn't noticed those. Nothing seems amiss with my defenders in my CM - is it a random bug then or am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom