FIFA 11 Career Mode Thread PS3/360

Just beat West Ham 1-0 at Old Trafford through a Wes Brown goal. Hargreaves went down injured aswell as Kieran Dyer during the match, pretty realistic, lol. Well, Hargreaves is out now for 48 days and Cambiasso suffered an injury during training and is out for 47 days.

I'm currently third, Man City are top but i've got two games in hand and they're just 3 points ahead. Liverpool are second on same number of points and games as me. So far it's fairly enjoyable. Spurs away next though!

Oh wow, I hadn't noticed those. Nothing seems amiss with my defenders in my CM - is it a random bug then or am I missing something?

It should effect every single defender or defensive midfielder, here's an example of it in "action"

alcaraz.jpg

In the squad list you can see that it displays his wrong OVR but when you view the individual player profile on the right it shows the correct one.

Thomas in the centre is another example as it shows 70 but his actual OVR is 72.

I had to play Arsenal twice in a week, both at the Emirates, because we drew them in the League Cup (as is shabbily pre-destined).

The league meeting was a disaster, Arsenal ran away with it without breaking sweat. Having been stung once I went defensive for the subsequent cup match, 4-1-4-1 with Heskey up on his own. Emile promptly went off injured (he's now out for ten days, having only recently returned from his first injury), Carew came on, and he put us into the lead with a typical header. Robin van Persie's equaliser sent it to extra-time, where it remained 1-1, only for us to be defeated on penalties :(. Carew blazed over and Ashley Young had his saved by Almunia, while Arsenal netted all of theirs. At least they've fixed the penalty bug from the demo! :P

Arsenal put out their strongest team, they didn't play any of their young reserves. Oh well, concentrate on the league etc...

hating the defense on this game... there is no skill involved and it is too easy to just pressure and hit x.. kind of ruining it for me and the fact that i can never, ever, dribble the cpu.. all i can do is pass and never beat a man, it is very very unrealistic in this sense. the pc also never mess up passes and you cannot intercept there passing... oh well, i think this game is good for 2 v 2 and thats about it

hating the defense on this game... there is no skill involved and it is too easy to just pressure and hit x.. kind of ruining it for me and the fact that i can never, ever, dribble the cpu.. all i can do is pass and never beat a man, it is very very unrealistic in this sense. the pc also never mess up passes and you cannot intercept there passing... oh well, i think this game is good for 2 v 2 and thats about it

I am playing on world class, I find the defending hard. If I pressure I always leave space and the cpu exploits it most of the time and scores because of it.

You can dribble the Cpu, it just takes time to get the knack of it. I have done it a few times, but you need to do it with a player that is good at dribling. I think it is quite realistic, as there are very few players that take on people all of the time, trying to dribble around them imo.

anyway different opinions and all that :))

It's a fun way to defend, isn't it? I played an exhibition as Arsenal against Barcelona without ever pressing the A (360) button on defence; I was petrified whenever Messi got the ball :SHOCK:. That's how it should be.

Yeah i tried to play a game without the'a' boutton and i have to say it is great !it adds an other dimension to the game! Absolutly love it!

I am playing on world class, I find the defending hard. If I pressure I always leave space and the cpu exploits it most of the time and scores because of it.

You can dribble the Cpu, it just takes time to get the knack of it. I have done it a few times, but you need to do it with a player that is good at dribling. I think it is quite realistic, as there are very few players that take on people all of the time, trying to dribble around them imo.

Exactly, there are things to complain about but not things which are down to basic levels of gaming ability IMO.

In League1 I can defend fairly comfortably but the two times I met stronger opposition (Wigan and Stoke in the cups) I got battered, dreading promotion to the Championship as I reckon I won't get things all my own way any more!

quick question i always wondered but never asked (and never played the game to that stage)

if you get promoted from the championship to the premier league, do your kit badges and backnumbers change or not? that's something konami is doing for years now and i can't recall seeing in FIFA (different badges for different leagues etc.)

as this seems to be lost in complains and battles in the other thread...fits in here aswell

quick question i always wondered but never asked (and never played the game to that stage)

if you get promoted from the championship to the premier league, do your kit badges and backnumbers change or not? that's something konami is doing for years now and i can't recall seeing in FIFA (different badges for different leagues etc.)

as this seems to be lost in complains and battles in the other thread...fits in here aswell

Hmmm.. Good question, I'd say a big no knowing EA and past titles, I have not finished a season yet in 11 to tell though and I'm in npower Div 2, the only real great thing EA have over Konami...:P

i'd also say no but i try to believe in ea...would motivate me more to play an actual full Manager Mode season...

it's a small detail but still :) especially considering konami have been doing this for years now (even back in their ps2 days...) i can't see how you can miss on something so small and subtle, still so important.

i'd also say no but i try to believe in ea...would motivate me more to play an actual full Manager Mode season...

it's a small detail but still :)
I keep banging on to EA that the Devil is in the detail, these small things make a massive impact into the depth of the game and some of them are very small additions in cost and manpower...;)

Hey Nick, can you inquire about potential gameplay sliders, (like Madden and NHL) they would be awesome to tweak our offline game to our liking!

Thanks

When I won the F.A. Cup there were shots of my players clapping, running around like nutters, sliding at the end of the pitch, then lifting the trophy with lots of fireworks and confetti so its definitely improved - ALTHOUGH in my manager history it says I havent won any domestic trophies?!?

Well not one to complain usually but now I definitely have the right to.

So last night having been very busy the past few days, I finally boot up FIFA and hope to pick up right where I left off (Mid-season in January, 1st season with my massively over-achieving Charleroi side in Belgian league), only to find out for whatever stupid reason, when I go to 'squad', team management, my LDM, LAM and one striker now have no names and weird numbers like 259864564 on the right side.

Also my team is playing a 4-3-3 formation by default which I never set with many players in 'red' circles on the picture on top.

I open up the other backup save I have, and it's the same thing.

Very weird, certainly wasn't like this when I last saved and quit the game and means ALL the hours I put into this game are gone/lost.

If there was one thing I was hoping from CM mode this year was STABILITY. Having never completed even a single season on FIFA10's MM, I was okay with the mode not being that deep provided it is now stable and bug-free.

Well bugs don't get much worse than this.

I'd just raised $6M getting rid of deadwood and wanted to bring in one or two more quality players to really help me sustain my championship challenging title-run.

Instead, this is what happens.

And this is from a guy who uses 'default' squads, doesn't even have the patch (not connected to online) and hasn't really fucked around with chants, or editing or anything! So I was certainly not expecting this.

Only thing I can think of is maybe I sold/loaned out too many players. I think I was left with like 11 players on pitch, a full bench (7) plus 2 more reserves. That's like 20 players with all others sold/loaned out. Nonetheless, it's stupid...

Now I wanna start one with Watford in 2nd division of England but am thinking in back of mind... who's to say same shit won't happen again?!

----------------

On a side note, I'm really enjoying reading different stories/progress here. Especially jamxo and his WBA adventures. Keep it up mate.

Sounds like you'd updated your squad file, you should never manually update your squad file when you have an active CM on the go, almost always breaks your CM.

Sounds like you'd updated your squad file, you should never manually update your squad file when you have an active CM on the go, almost always breaks your CM.

Do you mean the file it asks you to download when you want to play a match online or the file you go get yourself in the menu's.

Getting to put my 2¢ to EA soon so I will be checking the board for feedback as well as putting together my extensive list...;)

Tell them to give me back my damn option to manage player growth myself!

My guys are all over the place at the moment, some are up, some are down. One of my best performing youngsters just dropped a point, while a striker with too few goals to his name went up a point... the former was said to have high growth potential while the latter had nothing to report on him, wtf? And is there not a way to see how our players have changed, or do I need to right down everyone's attributes and compare/contrast when an OVR change has occurred?

Seriously Nick, can you please ask them why they've been removing options, like manual player growth and the old scout feature? I get that neither were ideal systems but seeing as they were optional and they weren't removed to make way for a similar feature, I just don't get why Marcel is doing this. What's his line of thinking?

I'd also like to express a concern I have regarding the email system and its relation to the entire game mode. The management mode in sports games is about, well, managing. I'm worried that Marcel's approach to CM with the introduction of the email system is in essence bypassing the management aspect of the game. I don't want to be told who to play or who not to play; who has high/low potential; who is risking an injury because of fatigue; or who I should or shouldn't buy in the transfer window. The point in these modes has always been to figure-out these *gasp* "management" decisions for yourself.

While we've been told that this year's game mode is somewhat shallow because they've started over with new code to avoid problems with the old, I'm worried that EA have in fact chosen to turn MM into a stripped-down noob-friendly version with CM, and essentially remove management-type decisions from the game.

Oh, another but more specific gripe: player OVRs should not drop just because they aren't seeing enough playing time. That should be form related but form has been removed from the game. I have a couple youngsters that have dropped OVR points and my emails tell me it's because they aren't getting enough playing time, but that's stupid - they should be playing in reserve matches and maintaining their abilities, shouldn't they? These guys are still training right? Since when do players lose their abilities just because they don't make the senior team!? It's simple stuff like this that makes me wonder whether Marcel knows what he's doing.

On a side note, I'm really enjoying reading different stories/progress here. Especially jamxo and his WBA adventures. Keep it up mate.

Thanks dude, it's a pleasure! Have to say I'm enjoying myself so much, sure there are problems, but I think we all need to take a breath and remember how sick footballing games are now in terms of graphics/physics/immersion etc. Wasn't so long ago that I remember getting the first family computer and fifa '98 - how things have progressed eh?

Anyway back to W.B.A, I've just had my first performance check from the board of the season at the end of October and I think they are going to be delighted - here's why:

- In Europe, we were grouped with Sevilla, Sparta Prague and FC Utrecht which I thought was a pretty tough group. Yet W.B.A are currently top with 9points out of 9, winning 5-2 away at Prague, 2-0 at home to Utrecht and 1-0 away at Sevilla which was the most nerve racking game, scoring early and defending like absolute titans.

- In the League we are currently 3rd! Although I have played about 2 more matches than those around me and the table is very tight, so once everyone catches up and gets some points I'll probably drop down to around 5-8th, but still the board will be happy as my objective was top half of the table.

Some other observations:

- Just had Arsenal at home in the League and was very nervous as the season before they absolutely hammered me 4-0. A few minutes into the match Eboue got a straight red from a tackle from behind. The free kick was a little into arsenal's half so I thought I'll just hoof it in the mixer and maybe Carew will get a head. Was hilarious to see Almunia come and flap at it, it hit Djorou's head and divert into the back of the net - and as it was technically on target it was credited by Shorey who now has a half way line goal from playing at LB. Defended well and won 1-0 - good times!!!

- Carew has been a beastly signing, 2nd highest goalscorer behind Van Persie in the league with 6 and 6th in Europe with 4.

- Definitely starting to see elements of personality plus. For example I bought Felipe who is a CAM, 75 overall and has the dribbling shield yet he is being kept out of the team by F. Borini who I signed from chelsea on a free - 70 OVR and a striker but so far has 5 goals in all competitions and a bag loads of asssits - he makes runs and links up brilliantly and so even though his rating isn't that great he is turning into the bargain of the summer!

- Having a great time so far, If I have some funds in January I think I'd like to add another really solid striker, although my no9 Funes Mori is turning into a super sub, usually scoring when I bring him on in the 75th minute or so.

Back
Top Bottom