FIFA 11 Career Mode Thread PS3/360

Yeah we can talk about the shortcomings of the mode all day long but at the end of the day that won't do no good for now and I'm having a great time and enjoying myself very much so and while there could be SO much more depth, I don't quite agree that this is just like 'tournament' mode + transfers.

And I don't quite get how anyone can really say this is anything more than a tournament mode plus transfers. I'm loving the new menu layouts and functions but I'm struggling big time to get as immersed in the mode as I have in the past. Please elaborate because I don't see what I'm missing - from what I've experienced so far, Ultimate Team has more manager-type features than CM.

The last few years' versions were as crap imo, if not worse. It's all very well improving your staff, but the only differences worthwhile were your scout and transfer guy. Transfers are now a lot better.....(haven't actually tried any yet). But the scouting is weaker. However I think the whole atmosphere is a lot better, the news items, being able to see other leagues, etc. If it holds up to not be bugridden then it will be a decent improvement imo.

Really dreading looking and finding out the answer for myself, but someone posted they got Leeds promoted and all they received in extra transfer funds was $1.5m :( I'll be majorly fucking gutted if this isn't fixed in 11 :(

Really dreading looking and finding out the answer for myself, but someone posted they got Leeds promoted and all they received in extra transfer funds was $1.5m :( I'll be majorly fucking gutted if this isn't fixed in 11 :(

As Leeds I just beat Liverpool last night 2-1 in a massive shock FA cup win after losing to Scunthorpe 1-0 the previous week (goals are hard to come by) and got a 600k TF bonus.. :P

But 1.5m does seem very low...

Wasn't this something they told you was fixed?

But that 600k bonus is good news indeed, it's a shame you will draw Liverpool at that stage of the cup every time, how fucking stupid must they be not to draw cup fixtures randomly? Bizarre.

Wasn't this something they told you was fixed?

But that 600k bonus is good news indeed, it's a shame you will draw Liverpool at that stage of the cup every time, how fucking stupid must they be not to draw cup fixtures randomly? Bizarre.

Yeah they did, but you also find your budget will change through the year too so it may be they had a big increase before they won the title too...

I'm gutted with the cup thing, that's just a slap in the face TBH, how lazy is that...:RANT:

There is a terrible Bug in my CM (PS3).

Saturday Night i played a long session until the transfer-window was open again. I was trying to buy a good midfielder for my weak second division team. I found someone make an offer and glad everything fit together and the player signed a contract. After he signed it i end my session for this day.

On the next day i read in this forum that EA would have a new squad update available. Some of you were even saying it would change the gameplay a little bit. So i updated the squad, played some friendlys (don't see any gameplay changes).

Then i started my CM again. But suddenly my new signed player is gone and is replaced by a player without a name. He has just a row of letters as name. No face, no data at all, his position is goalkeeper. He is a ghost without any single data (age, height, ability - everything is empty).

It must have something to do with the squad update. But how could this be? That is terrible. He was a very good player and a expensive one. Now i have no player and no more money to buy a second one. What bullshit is this?

Last edited:
You should never update your squads when you have an active CM it's always been likely to cause problems, and you should always keep 2 saves for your CM as minimum. Have you tried resetting your squads to default? I keep 3 saves of the squads, CM1, CM2 which are the edited ones I used to start my CM and then finally a 3rd one called default which is the one I save last as that's the one that will be overwritten by squad downloads.

No, i didn't try to reset the squad to default (never thought about this ). I will try it today, thank you for giving me this idea. Let's hope it works and if it works i will use more then one save file for sure. What a bug this is, crazy.

Yep I agree it's crazy, but unfortunately EA's manager mode/career modes have been prone to these corruption type glitches for a long time :( If you have an ongoing CM then download the new squads manually you'll almost certainly find that when you load your CM it's full of players with names of 548458978937498347389 and 15 GKs with 0 rating etc.

Didn't someone say music/chants don't take effect in ongoing career modes? Not true, the GNR track I added as a test is playing during the intro to my career mode league match!

Yeah they did, but you also find your budget will change through the year too so it may be they had a big increase before they won the title too...

I'm gutted with the cup thing, that's just a slap in the face TBH, how lazy is that...:RANT:

What?! Cup games are always the same?! Guess that was the reason, when I did a random FAcup tournament to test the game out, that I drew Leeds in the first match.

How thick can they be?! So they create a game mode (CM) where the goal is to start as a player and work your way up to manager across 15 seasons. So obviously making a cup mode where you play the same f#$king team every season is a logical....and NOT noticable.....decision! The mind boggles.....Was already starting to get a bit bored with it but with things like this it really just seems pointless.

Hmmm nice one, how about chants then, this would be great..

All I need now is a FECKING INJURY... :RANT:

I'm a disillusioned man right now...

They do exist (just about)

From proper in game injuries I've had Wilshere out for 3 months, and my right back out for a month. I also tackled N'zogbia in game to see him go off Injured and in the news post match it said he is out indefinitely after picking up a serious injury.

Using the 'sub-off-anyone-that-gets-a-minor-injury-in-game' tactic I discovered a few pages back I've had two midfielders out for around 15 days each and at about 4 other times over the season I've had players pick up minor injuries to which I've been informed I can play them but they arent fully fit (they start on the bench with 1/3 or 1/2 stamina - quite cool)

So yes they do exist, but I agree they should be even more frequent - they should just give us an option of injury frequency?

@Nick Cave: Sign some players with the Injury Prone trait? ;)

I hope they can patch the cup fixtures thing.

I'm not going down that route... :P

I'm moaning as loud as I can at everyone and anyone at EA about it everyday, Marcel is avoiding me, we should have knocks every other game forcing subs as well as minor 1 or 2 match ones.. This is four years I've been banging on about this.. Arrrghhh... :D

Also posted the Cup issue to EA, with a moan about that too...

They absolutely need to fix the player growth ASAP - players that have played every single match for me wilshere/mancheda/tamas/scharner/etc regularly scoring/getting MOM awards are losing OVR ratings? WTF?

On the other hand for the most part it is SO much more enjoyable than last years abomination.

I won the manager of the month award for going all of April unbeaten and that has continued into May - have Stoke in the F.A Cup final which If I win will mean I take W.B.A. into Europe!

Also last league match against Stoke I was 1-0 down to a typical stoke corner bombardment, 2 injuries to my weakened side meant I was forced to bring on some 1st teamers who were on the bench being rested for the F.A. Cup final. Bought on Gibbs at LM in the 80th minute, he skinned two tired stoke players before passing across for my January signing Funes Mori to nip in front of the keeper and prod it in before getting totally wiped out.

Was so satisfying, and as he has the clinical finisher and poacher shields it was good to see my tactical signing pay off. The unbeaten run continues...

I'm moaning as loud as I can at everyone and anyone at EA about it everyday, Marcel is avoiding me, we should have knocks every other game forcing subs as well as minor 1 or 2 match ones.. This is four years I've been banging on about this.. Arrrghhh... :D

Also posted the Cup issue to EA, with a moan about that too...

Are you getting any feedback at all? It's shocking how silent they've all gone, they're talking about fixing the Clubs issue which fair enough is a popular mode but there are plenty of us that have zero interest whatsoever in clubs and would like our own fucking mode to work thank you.

Hmmm nice one, how about chants then, this would be great..

All I need now is a FECKING INJURY... :RANT:

I'm a disillusioned man right now...

Yeah I'm gonna test chants and goal music (will just add a Wednesday chant in for goal music as we don't actually have any now), just waiting for the transfer window to close then I'll give it a bash, currently 60 mins into an FA Cup tie away to Stoke, wow gone are the days where your easiest matches are when you face much stronger opposition, I'm getting battered! 0-0 so far but they have had about 70% of the play, I've had no shots on target and maybe one off target, they have come close to scoring repeatedly, not least a Kenwyne Jones piledriver that hammered the crossbar from 25 yards.

Are you getting any feedback at all? It's shocking how silent they've all gone, they're talking about fixing the Clubs issue which fair enough is a popular mode but there are plenty of us that have zero interest whatsoever in clubs and would like our own fucking mode to work thank you.

I'm not getting any at the moment... :CONFUSE:

The last few years' versions were as crap imo, if not worse. It's all very well improving your staff, but the only differences worthwhile were your scout and transfer guy. Transfers are now a lot better.....(haven't actually tried any yet). But the scouting is weaker. However I think the whole atmosphere is a lot better, the news items, being able to see other leagues, etc. If it holds up to not be bugridden then it will be a decent improvement imo.

09 and 10 were rubbish, but 08 worked fine and was a deeper mode. The Scout and Staff upgrades are not the only features now gone - they've also removed manual player growth, the random event instances that forced you to make a little decision like magazine interviews and fixing your team bus, player form (broken but should've been fixed not removed), and in 08 (09 too?) we had a simple chemistry system. The atmosphere of the mode may be better but I would argue that for a mode that's suppose to be about creating, molding, developing, and managing a team, it's an extremely weak effort.

The more I play the more I find it hard to accept how shallow a game mode this is when plenty of bugs exist and so little has actually improved - the "new" visual/menu layout is just a modified version of the WC game, so that means they spent a whole year on improving the transfer system and what else?

I might feel a little better if my current CM with Aston Villa wasn't crashing on me every time I try to play my next match. What am I really missing if I just start an EPL tournament with them instead? I'll miss transfers but at least I should be able to make it through a season.

There's still time before PES and ML are here so I've got the time to try another career. Maybe I'll try my luck on different shores and have a go at bringing a club up from the second Bundesliga, any suggestions?

Didn't someone say music/chants don't take effect in ongoing career modes? Not true, the GNR track I added as a test is playing during the intro to my career mode league match!

Same has happened for me too although it's only music and doesn't apply for those I programmed for my VP.

Just a quick one, ooeerrr missus,
Is it possible to start a CM as a player manager with an actual player, So say I want to start as a Player manager with Paul Scholes at Utd can i do this?

I started a CM with Birmingham and Mcfadden got injured in a game and was out for a while.

Then I decided I wanted to get a team promoted, so scrapped that CM save and started one as Cardiff City. 1st game Chris Burke injured out for a long time.

His injury was quite nice actually, he went down injured, then sat off the pitch for a bit on the side line, then after a while I was told I had to sub him.

They do exist :)

His injury was quite nice actually, he went down injured, then sat off the pitch for a bit on the side line, then after a while I was told I had to sub him.

Yeah I had the same thing with Rodallega, he walked himself off the pitch then after a while waved that he couldn't come back on.

Back
Top Bottom