Copa America 2011

Who do you think will win the Copa America ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, yesterday I could not lay review, as I had much affairs, but I guess not too late still ... :P

Highlights

17 July, Quarterfinals

Brazil 0-0 (pen. 0-2) Paraguay :SHOCK:

Goals: -

Penalty Goals: Elano, Thiago Silva, André Santos, Fred - Barreto, Estigarribia, Riveros
:ROLL:

YouTube - Brasil 0 (0) x (2) Paraguai ( Melhores momentos ) - pelas Cuartos de final da Copa América 2011

Hmmm, this is just awful. In my opinion, Brazil has deserved such a result. I did not see that Brazil play with equal team, like they were trying to beat Paraguay on only the classroom, and that's what happened. If you look, almost the entire match, Brazil dominated the field, but when it came to shots, all at once it was clear, with the shots in Brazil is not very good, though except for a few moments, but even then the great action of goalkeeper and defenders saved Paraguay from certain goals. In conclusion of match, Paraguay had a few moments to score, but ... Penalty, I do not want to discuss, because of the 4 Brazilian penalty scored 0, it must try. Well, Paraguay is going on, and to Brazil, we can say the same thing that was said to Argentina: Thanks for playing and goodbye! :BYE:

Chile 1-2 Venezuela

Goals: Suazo (69') - Vizcarrondo (34'), Cichero (81')

YouTube - Chile vs Venezuela (1-2) All Goals Full Highlights 2011 Copa America Quarter Final

(Small highlights) :P

Good match! However, very sorry that Chile lost, as I supported them, well, best team win, in addition, the second Goal in their gate, Chile must blame themselves, because the goalkeeper was unable to take the ball and the defenders must were better look after Cichero. The result is completely natural. Well, goodbye Chile! :BYE:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well ... onwards. :)

Semifinals

Peru vs Uruguay (19 July, La Plata)

Paraguay vs Venezuela (20 July, Mendoza)

Ah, the tournament draws to a close and already identified four best teams from CONMEBOL zone 2011, which and will be playing the medals ... No "Messi and company", no and Seleção. :D

SUAREZ.

13012020115607.jpg

steal of century for LFC.

SUAREZ.

steal of century for LFC.

it's one of the best deals liverpool did in the last few years (wich to be fair, doesn't mean much, given liverpool's recent record in transfers), but it's definitely not a ""steal".

steal = paying an outrageously low sum for a great player.
suarez is a great player, but 26 millions euros is a "normal" price (neither too high, nor too low) for a player like suarez.

a steal is something crazy and extremely rare... it's something that goes beyond the concept of "bargain"
suarez for 26 millions euros - decent deal
ibra for 24 millions spread over 4 years - great deal
snejder for 16 millions - absolute bargain
cannavaro swapped with carini - that's a steal!
or eto'o swapped with ibra plus 40 millions - that's a steal!

btw where is albi? i'm assuming some big changes are about to occur in argentina....:))

Steal in terms him + Carroll were swaped for Torres and Babel.. net spend there was very little..

that´s true, even if many say we got 50 milion for Torres..it was a swap..

our owners started spending their money just from Henderson..

net spending is one of the most deceptive and less significant arguments in football today mate... anyway i guess we should get back on topic ;)
albi where are u?!!:))

let´s say i doubt there is any LFC supporter who would take that deal back right now :)

yeah i was wondering where is albi.. maybe he was upset with Argentina..

let´s say i doubt there is any LFC supporter who would take that deal back right now :)
most definitely! the fact that it wasn't a "steal" doesn't mean it wasn't a great signing by liverpool. i would agree with any liverpool fan on that ;)
Pipa said:
yeah i was wondering where is albi.. maybe he was upset with Argentina..
yeah, poor fella he must be fuming right now. but it would be great to have some infos from him about what's going on in argentina right now. after this debacle, i just can't imagine batista holding his job for long.

We're are in the final of Copa America not only because of Suarez, the whole team is playing as a group and every player is giving the max in each position of the field. Of course, having players like Suarez and Forlan makes things much easier, they're our top class players (Cavani too, but is injured). So i wish we win this cup, the team and the country deserves it.

Paraguay is known for their stting around the table drinking tea at the plaza . Is it the same for Uruguay ?

2914587-cup-from-calabash-with-yerba-mate-tea-and-straw.jpg

Paraguay is known for their stting around the table drinking tea at the plaza . Is it the same for Uruguay ?

Yep, the Uruguayans do that, as well as Gauchos (southern Brazilians) :)

As well as we do (the argentinean), is pretty common to see people drinking "mate" in South America, and we are one of the biggest producers and consumers of it.

btw where is albi? i'm assuming some big changes are about to occur in argentina....:))

Don't know of his whereabouts, but I can assure you that there's a big debate here in Argentina about what should be done now, but unfortunately, Grondona won't leave, Bilardo won't move aside from his pseudo-manager position, and Batista won't be fired, so I assume everything will keep the same s**t.

thanks for the info man..
it sure looks like some kind of smoking device for hardcore potheads! lol

anyway, for all I've seen of this CopaAmerica.. the best players have been Muslera & Villar.. amazing keepers!

Surely Muslera and Villar are splendid keepers, good luck of Galatasaray and Estudiantes LP for getting their services!

And respecting the "smoking device for hardcore potheads", you must drink it someday, I can assure you that it tastes good!

In Miami they have that too! the straw is the filter and the drink is full of tea leaves . We have Iranians here and they have a real big jug n they seem to smoke from it. Well I`ve seen only the women do it.

Argentinians are known for there smoke BBQ they cut the rib meat by a better angle more meat less bones. And their chorizos are the best in the world it`s like pork-beef-bacon-?-?-?red peppers-garlic ..etc. wrapped in one bite .

Last edited:
14ui442.gif

they are in the final without winning a single game.. that sums up how lame this CopaAmerica has been

I wouldn't be surprised if they won the final on penalties..

As well as we do (the argentinean), is pretty common to see people drinking "mate" in South America, and we are one of the biggest producers and consumers of it.

Don't know of his whereabouts, but I can assure you that there's a big debate here in Argentina about what should be done now, but unfortunately, Grondona won't leave, Bilardo won't move aside from his pseudo-manager position, and Batista won't be fired, so I assume everything will keep the same s**t.

Wow.. I didn't know you guys drink it too. It's called exactly the same in Arabic and pretty popular in the Levant too. I just realized the its called exactly the same because it is originally from Paraguay. We live and learn!

Here's what it looks like in the Arab world:

451alsh3er.jpg

And Albi, I finally found him!

Official Highlights

20 July, Semifinals

Paraguay 0-0 (pen. 5-3) Venezuela :DOH:

Goals: -

Penalty Goals: Ortigoza, Barrios, Riveros, Martínez, Verón - Maldonado, Rey, Lucena, Fedor
(see during the tournament Paraguayans learned well to punch a penalty, they are already is the pros in it) :ROLL:

YouTube - Paraguai 0 (5) x (3) 0 Venezuela ( Melhores Momentos ) - pela semifinal da Copa América 2011

WTF this Paraguay side is a disgrace to football.

14ui442.gif

they are in the final without winning a single game.. that sums up how lame this CopaAmerica has been

I wouldn't be surprised if they won the final on penalties..

Uruguay should win for the sake of Football
I devilishly agree with you guys! Indeed, Paraguay has not won a single match in this tournament, he won only on penalties, but it's is pretty bad. It seems the tactics of Paraguay and is based on that, hold on to a penalty shootout, and there already as we can. :ROLL: If Paraguay won again in the serie penalty, then in my memory it will be the first time when the team wins the tournament, not scoring not a single ball in the playoffs. :TUMBLE: I hope that this will not happen. Well, anyway, will wait for the final, where shall see who will be the best team in CONMEBOL zone in 2011, it will be either Uruguay, which I will support, or Paraguay, 10-0-0-team. Patience and good luck! :P

Btw, June 23 in La Plata will be a match for 3rd place between Peru and Venezuela, do not miss the match promises to be interesting! ;)

Important!!!

I learned that after the match, Paraguay - Venezuela has been a large fight! I have this moment once lost, can someone tell what happened there and because of what it all??? :COAT:

:CONFUSE:

my guess is that Venezuelan players were as frustrated as Drogba in the .gif I posted before.. they just needed a Paraguayan smile or wink after the penalties to make them want to rip their freaking heads off!

I was absolutely rooting for Venezuela, they hit the post like 3 or 4 times!

man I hate that antifootball antics :/

Important!!!

I learned that after the match, Paraguay - Venezuela has been a large fight! I have this moment once lost, can someone tell what happened there and because of what it all??? :COAT:

Video:

YouTube - AFTER Match ( Boxing Fight ) Between Players Venezuela Vs Paraguay Semi final Copa America 2011

:CONFUSE:

What I understood from what they said is that the Venezuelan players were a bit cocky and didn't accept the loss, and were mentally ready for the final match, thinking they're definitely going to win this game.

Hmm, thanks! :TU: Now I understand a little bit. But how could start a mass brawl because of the defeat? After all, they are professional players and they no lose for the first time, even in the semifinals. :DOH: Btw, some say it could fuel the fight and the fact that Paraguay had wins only on penalties, and therefore something the Venezuelan players did not like. What you think about this? Possibly, Venezuelans may outraged by the fact that in the final will play the team have never won in main time on this tournament? :THINK:

Back
Top Bottom