Copa America 2011

Who do you think will win the Copa America ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
win is a win.. justice has nothing to do with it i´m affraid.. they were unlucky but starting fight and looking at this make me remember Darwin again...

It's worth noting that Paraguay did start the game pretty well and played with attacking intent for the first half, at the very least.

The fact that Santa Cruz got injured so soon after coming on didn't help them in an attacking sense.

yeah they won anyway, but they semmed like they weren't making their best effort to try and win the match.. that's what makes it look unfair imo

Important!!!

I learned that after the match, Paraguay - Venezuela has been a large fight! I have this moment once lost, can someone tell what happened there and because of what it all??? :COAT:

Video:

YouTube - AFTER Match ( Boxing Fight ) Between Players Venezuela Vs Paraguay Semi final Copa America 2011

:CONFUSE:

This is awesome!

Any other videos though? Of perhaps the moment that 'triggered' it and made fight happen?

And yes I will be another supporting Uruguay in the final. They're hardly saints and full of players who'll do anything to win and be dirty and cheat like Lugano, Suarez, etc. But what a TEAM! This is a great team! Tabarez has made a very special team.

EVERY player fights 110% for EVERY ball! Great team work, covering, movement, passing. They never give up and got very good balance in their team. A little bit of everything and a threat from setpieces (They win everything in the air! lol) but also open-play. It's a good team of mixed individual brilliance combined with excellent team-play.

Tabarez deserves a lot of credit.

Uruguay = Solid defenders, Potent attackers, Hardworking midfielders = deadly team!

Funny comments... nobody is telling about the fact that the two dirstiest anti-football teams reached the final.

All my life I've seen those teams, in Copa América or in the WC Qualifiers, and they do suck, not because they play bad, but because they always go for the HARD foul. If anybody sees well the matches, most of the Uruguay and Paraguay players must be not booked, but instead BANNED from play football.

Venezuela, Perú, Chile, even Ecuador where better teams who player crealry FOOTBALL and not RUGBY or AMERICAN FOOTBALL.

The final will be a match to be seen, but not to see a beautiful game, but instead to see the most dirtiest game in history.

The final will be a match to be seen, but not to see a beautiful game, but instead to see the most dirtiest game in history.

THIS.

i'm expecting an EPIC brawl, hopefully it happens before Parawey bores me to death!

Last edited:
i don´t know but Uruguay matches are enteratining for me.. they play great style that suits every player..as mentioned above they are a team.. if they have ambitious players, that do everything to win is better than to have someone who don´t care..or try, look at Tevez..

Yeah so cool. Its so nice to watch this violence with no reason :APPLAUD:

Yup! :D

I'm looking forward to it and agree with what's said above! These 2 are two of the DIRTIEST, most aggressive teams with players who will do ANYTHING to win!

But that's not always a bad thing. Especially for us neutrals. :P

Seeing guys like Lugano and Suarez combine great ability in their respective positions + the willingness to do anything to win is quite entertaining! :D hahhah
It's only annoying when they do that to your team lol. For rest, it's funny! :LOL:

They're top-class as well as extremely dirty! lol

And anyway Uruguay do have some attacking intent at least. Paraguay have been a bit shameful in this tournament. Better use of Barrios needs to be made!

One thing that I've been wondering about is why isn't Cardozo in Paraguay's squad? Is he injured?

parawhyyyyy.png

Some of you says Uruguay is the dirtiest team, but nobody says that argentina made 13 fouls to Suarez. We're much more than aggresive game, that was in old times, we've great players that really knows what to do with the ball, and we are A TEAM.
C'mon Uruguay, Sabremos cumplir

Oh, great first half! Gorgeous! A worthy final. I thought it would be pretty boring game, as these two teams more focused on defense, but what I saw was amazing. Especially well done Suarez, he is a god in the attack for Uruguay. Forlan lad that scored, well and the whole of Uruguay as a whole is also very good was in the first half. It is interesting that now will invent Gerardo Martino, because judging by the game of Paraguay, these two goals have destroyed all his plans. Well, what it we shall see in the second half and is now resting and waiting for the second half of this wonderful finale. And GO of Uruguay! ;):BSCARF:

Congratulations Uruguayans !! Forlan & Suarez are such awesome strikers, it's a great "team" as well. Very well deserved victory.

Congrats to Uruguay, best south-american team in the last 2 years.
Wonderful game, it is fully deserved for them.
While watching the game, and especially at the beggining of the action of the last goal, it was clear that Uruguay is the last big Southamerican team, and by that i mean having this southamerican strenght and aerial/spectacular game Argentina and Brazil used to have.
Now Argentina and Brazil play european football. And they are not the best in it.
Uruguay kept its original style of playing, which means southamerican style. That's normal they win this Copa America :P

WTF?

Wow, the best scorer of the tournament, Paolo Guerrero received the same trophy as and the winners of today's German Grand Prix of Formula 1. :BLINK::LOL:

Fully deserved. What a team Tabarez managed to assemble there!
Suarez and Forlán are deadly, but the whole team is spectacular. Pérez, Arevalo Rios, Lugano, Gonzalez and the others... Congratulations Uruguay!

Absolutely!

BEST team of Continent definitely. Now at this time Uruguay is one step above Argentina and Brazil who are more at level of 2nd rate teams like Chile and Paraguay.

best TEAM won! Very well deserved. Very balanced. Solid defense, potent attack, hardworking midfield, good goalie.

Congratulations to the small nation of Uruguay! Record Copa America winners!

Congrats to Uruguay, Suarez is a royal pest but I'd have him in my team any day. Then again he's no better than Defoe so I guess he can only play for us in a digital form.

and the winners are :D

el_cely and lukas_rod

two guys who believed Uruguay in the poll :)
Congratulations! :APPLAUD:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the last time.

Highlights of finals matches Copa America 2011

23 July , Third-place match

Peru 4-1 Venezuela

Goals: Chiroque (41'), Guerrero (63', 89', 90+2') - Arango (77')

YouTube - Peru Vs Venezuela (4-1 ) All Goals Highlights Copa America 2011 Third Position

24 July, FINAL

Uruguay 3-0 Paraguay

Goals: Suárez (11'), Forlán (41' 89')

YouTube - Uruguay Vs Paraguay ( 3-0 ) Final Copa America 2011 All Goals Highlights

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Medals

1. Uruguay (15 title)
2. Paraguay
3. Peru

Best Goalscorers of tournament:

1. Paolo Guerrero (Peru)..........5
2. Luis Suárez (Uruguay)..........4
3. Sergio Agüero (Argentina)...3

Awards

Most Valuable Player: Luis Suárez (Uruguay)
Best Goalscorer: Paolo Guerrero (Peru)
Best Young Player: Sebastián Coates (Uruguay)
Best Goalkeeper: Justo Villar (Paraguay)
Fair Play Trophy: Uruguay

Well, that ended with this wonderful South American tournament. Argentina led him to a very high level, thanks to her. I liked the fact that time of the games also were picked up very comfortably, so I was able to watch most games live, for it too thanks a lot. Once again I congratulate all the winners of this tournament with such a high achievement, for Uruguay the trophy at all was 15. In short, this tournament brought a lot of pleasure, because the game was really nice and hard in every match. Hopefully the next tournament will be as enjoyable and organized (which will be held in Brazil in 2015, a year after the World Cup in the same place!). Special thanks to Albi, who started this thread and has opened for us this tournament, although later he was gone somewhere, probably been frustrated by the defeat of his team, but thanks anyway, along with Bebo you have discovered America. :D I hope you like my stuff, which I put in the course of the tournament, I tried to make it more informative and colorful, finding the best reviews for all those who have been here. Well, this end my reviews of Copa America 2011, good luck and goodbye! Until the next meeting on the football fields of Europe and the World. :BYE::D

Back
Top Bottom