Copa America 2011

Who do you think will win the Copa America ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mexico was unsuspectedly winning, but they lost 2-1.. and we were lucky not to concede more goals! :(

man i'm so disappointed we could have won that game so easily, i'm sorry for argentina but they really suck as a team, maybe a better coach can fix them but I'm kinda sad because we had to win the game we were playing only against Romero

Batista has done something that was considered almost impossible in human terms: make Argentina play worse than with Maradona. I don't understand any of the decisions of this man. And the few that I can understand are horrible anyway.

Deffense
Putting a deffense line with Burdisso and Milito is committing suicide. Zanetti won't offer much in the left side right now, and this team desperately needs a deffender with some football brains, someone who can start to build from the backline. Offside trap is being a joke these two matches. Tonight I counted 5 times in which all 4 deffenders did the completely opposite thing to what they should have done resulting in Colombian players marching alone to the area. Rght now I would say the only real defender in this team is Mascherano.

Midfield
With Mascherano devoted to recover balls and sweep the field there's not much work to do for Cambiasso. He doesn't apeear in the middle and has no effect in the offensive side of the team. Banega has some moments of footballing brilliance, but it's only that: brief moments.
Messi is dragged to the midfield to touch the ball, and there he doesn't have anyone around to associate and create. Cambiasso and Banega won't offer much in this department, and the forwards...

Forwards
Lavezzi is clearly NOT the player argentina needs. He may be very fast, but he lacks passing skills, he doesn't even cross well and usually will loose the ball after running like a headless chicken for 50 meters. He's had 2 great chances and missed both of them to top it all.
Messi should clearly play upfront and RECEIVE good balls instead of having to do it all by himself. He has to do too many things and at the end this results in doing nothing. He can't focus on what he does and he doesn't know which is the gameplan. He's totally lost in the pitch and when he looks around he finds nothing...
Tevez may fight a lot, but he's on a kind of personal crusade in which he has to dribble all the time. At least he adds spirit and workrate, but he's clearly alone all the time. Cambiasso is always too far and hiding, Zanetti is still further in the pitch, and Messi is in the middle, so Tevez can't do anything else.

Clearly, Batista should make big changes and have a CLEAR GAMEPLAN. Right now this is one of the most absurd and disjointed temas I've ever watched. Di Maria should replace LAvezzi, Aguero should play as striker and Pastore or someone else should replace Cambiasso or Banega. And change that deffense line, please, it's a total disaster. Yesterday both Milito and Burdisso did pass to the opposing striker in a way a professional should never do.

That said, Colombia deserved to win clearly and comfortably. They played very organized and their players knew perfectly well how and what to do.

yeah was shocking to see Argies play like that ,but Brasil was no better so everyone has time to sort it out not much time mind you .

I watched Brasil too, and though they weren't specially good, they were much much better than argentina. In the first 30 minutes against Venezuela, at least, there was a clear way of playing for Brasil. I don't share Ramires in the midfield and Robinho in the pitch, and Ganso is out of shape. But at least the team has some idea of what to do.

Argentina was way way worse. I mean, I still don't know what were they supposed to do in the pitch at all. One of the worse tactical disasters I've witnessed in a tournament like this by a "big" national team.

I think Batista pick players according to their wage earnings and hope they could do something special among themselves :P

Batista has done something that was considered almost impossible in human terms: make Argentina play worse than with Maradona. I don't understand any of the decisions of this man. And the few that I can understand are horrible anyway.

Deffense
Putting a deffense line with Burdisso and Milito is committing suicide. Zanetti won't offer much in the left side right now, and this team desperately needs a deffender with some football brains, someone who can start to build from the backline. Offside trap is being a joke these two matches. Tonight I counted 5 times in which all 4 deffenders did the completely opposite thing to what they should have done resulting in Colombian players marching alone to the area. Rght now I would say the only real defender in this team is Mascherano.

Midfield
With Mascherano devoted to recover balls and sweep the field there's not much work to do for Cambiasso. He doesn't apeear in the middle and has no effect in the offensive side of the team. Banega has some moments of footballing brilliance, but it's only that: brief moments.
Messi is dragged to the midfield to touch the ball, and there he doesn't have anyone around to associate and create. Cambiasso and Banega won't offer much in this department, and the forwards...

Forwards
Lavezzi is clearly NOT the player argentina needs. He may be very fast, but he lacks passing skills, he doesn't even cross well and usually will loose the ball after running like a headless chicken for 50 meters. He's had 2 great chances and missed both of them to top it all.
Messi should clearly play upfront and RECEIVE good balls instead of having to do it all by himself. He has to do too many things and at the end this results in doing nothing. He can't focus on what he does and he doesn't know which is the gameplan. He's totally lost in the pitch and when he looks around he finds nothing...
Tevez may fight a lot, but he's on a kind of personal crusade in which he has to dribble all the time. At least he adds spirit and workrate, but he's clearly alone all the time. Cambiasso is always too far and hiding, Zanetti is still further in the pitch, and Messi is in the middle, so Tevez can't do anything else.

Clearly, Batista should make big changes and have a CLEAR GAMEPLAN. Right now this is one of the most absurd and disjointed temas I've ever watched. Di Maria should replace LAvezzi, Aguero should play as striker and Pastore or someone else should replace Cambiasso or Banega. And change that deffense line, please, it's a total disaster. Yesterday both Milito and Burdisso did pass to the opposing striker in a way a professional should never do.

That said, Colombia deserved to win clearly and comfortably. They played very organized and their players knew perfectly well how and what to do.

TOTALY agree with you... I think even a 8 year old kid wouldnt have made that kind of choice for a center back partnership...

HOW IN THE WORLD can you choose gab milito who havent PLAYED AT ALLL for barca this year and a modest burdisso that shouldnt nowhere be a part of a national team...

Cambiasso and Zanetti are legend but they should be apart of last year world cup with the form they had with inter, but this season they were ordinary and shouldnt have been picked this year for this competition.

Mash IMO is better when playing CB as he did with barca, hes pretty useless in a team that possess the ball more than the opposition.

banega is doing a good job, defending and creating...hes no xavi but hes doing a good central midfield job.

Argentina need better full backs and shouldnt play tevez and messi at the same time.

Aguero should start along with di maria.

Argentina will get nowhere until they start realizing they actually need a world class coach instead of hiring celebreties...

Well said drekkard.

This guy is more clueless than Maradonna it seems almost and that takes some doing! :LOL:

They have no plan, bad decisions, bad tactics... wrong players for wrong roles... some starting that shouldn't be.. some on bench t hat should be on pitch... TOO many things wrong with team.

Go CostaRica!
Mexico just lost again, and the worst Mexican side ever won't make it to the 2nd stage

Goals Highlights

8 July, Group C

Uruguay 1-1 Chile

YouTube - Uruguay Vs Chile ( 1-1 ) All Goals Highlights Copa America 2011

Peru 1-0 Mexico

YouTube - Peru VS Mexico( 1-0 ) All Goals Highlights Copa America 2011

Very sorry for the national team of Mexico, and now after the second defeat in a row she lost her chance to go to the next round of the tournament. Well, Mexico is certainly not brought here a strong line-up, as he took part in the Gold Cup 2011. That's why she was not able to score points with the teams of Chile and Peru, though, and played the entire game on an equal footing with them. Now she has to match with Uruguay, which will have to necessarily win, to go further (in fact after two games he has only 2 points, while Peru and Chile for 4 points). Good luck. ;)

I hope Suarez gets sent off soon for blatant and persistent diving.

im watching 1st match from Copa America now Brasil (my fav NT team) vs Paraguay and i want to say that match is really boring

and that Neymar ? ohhh hes just a little girl and if im Perez im going to pay him 2 euro not more for him !

im watching 1st match from Copa America now Brasil (my fav NT team) vs Paraguay and i want to say that match is really boring

and that Neymar ? ohhh hes just a little girl and if im Perez im going to pay him 2 euro not more for him !

agreed.
I think he's the most overrated footballer ever!

agreed.
I think he's the most overrated footballer ever!

im sorry but now after i watch all match i have to change something .... 2 euro are much for that girl 1 euro its enough !!!

I think Brasil its better with old like Adriano , Ronaldinho , Fred and this players than with this stupid young players i never saw one brasil so bad NEVER !

Neymar was so useless, he always want to drible and do some skilled pass, he thinks he is already a superstar, something close to Messi. I simply don't buy Ramires on this team, Lucas Leiva is ok though.

ps: i will change my avatar just now :FAIL:

Fred`s goal was pure instinct and Neymar hasn`t quite have that attribute at the moment. He will be good just need more time he`s still a kid.

Highlights (HD)

9 July, Group B

Brazil 2-2 Paraguay

YouTube - Goals - Brasil x Paraguay - Copa América 2011

Splendid match, four beautiful goals, but again, hardly the Brazilians satisfied a this result, because this is their second consecutive draw in this tournament.

Venezuela 1-0 Ecuador

YouTube - Highlights - Mejores Jugadas - Venezuela x Ecuador - Copa América 2011

Bravo Venezuela! Good match. Now in the last match against Paraguay they can play and draw, to go further, and Paraguay is only needed a victory, because Brazil is unlikely to lose or play in a tie with Ecuador, though ...

:COOL:

Loved the Chile goal. Skillful shot and made it look so easy even though it wasn't.
That's right. A simple combination and natural her goal. ;)

Me neither my friend. I agree 100%. And today i had the weird feeling of wanting them to lose the match so somebody kick Batista out for good :(

guys , i have a question for you who is following Copa America , is there Robinho for Brasil or trainer didnt call him ? because i saw last match and he wasnt playing !

Robinho is there and played (awfully) the first match. In the currant brazil formation he is used as a offensive midfielder and he gets lost quickly in that position. Besides, with the big problems in midfield that the cariocas are having, it's almost impossible for the forwards to shine.

Pato was the best in the first match but players like ganso, alves and neymar are obviously not in their prime. Add to this the absurdity of having a midfield based on ramires and leiva...

Back
Top Bottom