Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

I think its worth it, if your not sure then rent it and take it from there.

Well I played it for about an hour solo last night and managed to unlock 7 achievements ;)

I am guessing it gets more difficult to get them as the game goes on, well I hope it does!

First impressions are the game looks stunning and though the car you start with aint the quickest its good enough to win you the first few races and unlock you a better car. The more races you win the more cars you unlock as each licence upgrade gifts you a new car, there are also cars driving down the city that you can takedown and then they move to your garage.

Stunt mode in this version seems odd as instead of giving you a setup route to fuck about on you are just left out on the open road trying to find jumps and all sorts of other bits and pieces to play about on. Maybe it will grow on me but for now it seems like they should ahve left this as it was.

Road Rage races are there for the angry amongst us, though I am sure there is a little glitch there as for the first race I had on this mode I had a target of 3 takedowns and a set time limit of 2 minutes to get these. With every takedown though you get extra time to get more takedowns. I got up to 11 before I got bored and just let the time tick down.

Overall though its bloody good fun and I look forward to playing it online with some of you, I am sure it will be a top laugh

I've got the worst self-control ever. I want this game now. I'm going to trade some games in and get it over the weekend possibly.

I'm gonna get this soon aswell - Probably not til the week after next though.

Did you try the demo mate?

If that was for me - yes I did. I really liked the idea. But I did all the races really quickly and got bored.

So when the full map is open I know I am going to enjoy it :)

I'm just heading into town now to buy it. I've been waiting for about a year for this (after loving Burnout Revenge but finding the top 1000 were all lag-cheats). :)

I love the idea of driving round the city with your mates doing the challenges, for me this will add a load more to the game

I got the game this morning and I've played it non stop for 4 hours, the game is fantastic! Showtime is excellent, online is incredible.

Heads back to Paradise...

Woohoo, just traded in Stranglehold and got a tenner off. Paradise here I come... I hope they've still got an excellent soundtrack for it.

I got the game this morning and I've played it non stop for 4 hours, the game is fantastic! Showtime is excellent, online is incredible.

Heads back to Paradise...

what's showtime exactly?

Gamestation are doing a deal - if you trade in COD4 you get burnout for £9

Its good if you don't like COD4 anymore :)

So they're saying CoD4 is worth £30 trade-in? Pretty good, you can get it brand new, collectors edition too, from Amazon for £35. Unfortunately my CoD4 is an Australian copy and I can't trade it in :(

jaygrim, I played on the last one solidly for three months until I worked my way up the rankings, and I played it on and off for another three months after that. As long as there is a rankings system in this, I will play it to death - don't know about anyone else but I certainly will.

Just been playing it for the last two hours, I am absolutely head over heels in love with it. To be honest I thought riding around looking for races would get annoying, but it really doesn't. You don't even realise you're doing it after the first three or four times, and it provides a good place to practice and check out the whole race before you enter it (especially if you're playing online against brilliant drivers).

I can't even give a mini-review because it's not technically above everything else, it's not even miles apart from the last Burnout, it's just so much fun that nothing else matters. I can't stop playing it.

Between this and the FIFA league I'm going to have very little time for anything else, I'm so glad I got rid of the Wii and I might as well sell all the games I haven't finished. By the time I get around to them they'll only be worth a quid each.

Last edited:

I give it 24 hours til JB posts with something that annoys him...

*Starts clock*

Oh I can give you that right now. Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" is the worst choice of song ever for a Burnout game. What a waste of a track-space.

That doesn't mean I don't think it's fucking outstanding - like I say, I played the last one for six months and I'm pretty sure I'll be the same with this.

what's showtime exactly?

Showtime is a mode where you have to crash into cars, the more cars you crash into the more money you make. You not driving instead your steering the car around as it bounces along. Crashing into buses gives you multipliers.

I've turned majority of the songs.

If you're not boosting you can traffic check, but if you boost and you try it then you crash. I think it's a great happy medium, actually.

One annoying thing is that the online challenges you complete dont save.

Gamestation are doing a deal - if you trade in COD4 you get burnout for £9

Its good if you don't like COD4 anymore :)

No thanks. Played Burnyawn at my brother's earlier - arcadey shite. PGR 4 pisses all over it in my opinion.

I played the demo for this and having not played any of the Burnout series before I just found myself driving around thinking "whats the aim of the game?". I then entered the online mode had a race or two then smashed up a few of my opponents cars, that was fun for a short while but I dont know how many times I could do that before it gets a bit tedious!

Back
Top Bottom