Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

Exclusive in game car for Burnout when you preorder from the lovely people at GAME.

:cool:

You do get a real sense of speed when playing this game, but I do wish the playable map was a lot larger. Playing just that demo doesn't make me want to buy it though!

Bigger?

The demo map is huge!

Usually we'd get a 1 lap race demo and that would be your lot!

The map may be "big" but there are very little events to actually get a taste for the game/races. I mean you have the time challenge to the hotel and then you have the race to the hotel. The race is over in 40 odd seconds and is no challenge whatsoever. The rest of the time you are just wondering about making a few jumps but not much else. Also the size of the map is relative to your speed. You can cross the city very quickly so it does actually feel quite small. Thought it was a lot of fun though, cant wait for the full game. The mountains look b-e-a-utiful :D

Last edited:

Caught GamerTV today with the Burnout Paradise preview on

Nothing amazing we didnt either know before or found out in the demo ourselves except for one thing.

Crash mode!

I've been thinking its got worse and worse since burnout 2 - adding in multipliers i thought ruined the mode because it basically told you the best spots to aim for...

But anyway... from what they showed... this years crash mode is Katamari Burnout!

You crash your car and then hold the 2 triggers to keep flipping the car around the map ... you can guide it around corners... down long winding roads and as long as you keep crashing into things you can keep going on and on.

Looks fking stupid and shite like this will turn me off the game and make me take my money elsewhere

wasnt really impressed by the demo neither. Lack of competition sucks and one I tried the crash it wasnt really pretty.

Ah well I hope the full game will be better.

I used to love crash mode, but I read a preview that says it wont be singular crash modes and instead you drive to the point to start it off. Not sure I can be arsed with all of this driving to places. It worked in TDU because the game was slow enough, it wont work in BP (for me anyway) because the game is so fast and it'll piss me off just tapping a car and crashing.

Never bothered much with the crash mode anyway, although I did like it in B3. But this years effort does indeed look ridiculous. The fun for me was that even though burnout was pure arcade the crashing and stuff gave it a certain amount of realism that you would be punished for making mistakes/crashing. The same thing for the crash mode, you had to aim correctly to make the most damage. Not just bounce around the place and explode. Also the driving around Ive never liked, same with one of the NFS versions. Found it pretty pointless and more often then not a waste of time. Thats why Im a bit dissapointed that you cant just go to a race via menu's (atleast I couldnt in the demo) as burnout for me is frantic action crammed into such short burst. Having to drive for 5min just to start a race puts me off.

Always hated crash mode, since the day it was introduced. In-fact I don't know a single person in the flesh who likes it. I always leave those events until last and get the girlfriend to do them, but it usually involves a chocolate bribe.

I did like crash mode, the last Burnout was a lot of fun. But like TikTik said, I don't think I can be arsed driving 5 mins just to get to a crash event, or any event for that matter.

Even TDU/NFS let you select your race from the map screen if you didn't want to actually drive there.

Always hated crash mode, since the day it was introduced. In-fact I don't know a single person in the flesh who likes it. I always leave those events until last and get the girlfriend to do them, but it usually involves a chocolate bribe.

Me too. It makes it tedious and boring, I love everyhting else though.

Yet again its another game that forces you to use the analogue sticks. And that pisses me off no end. I cannot judge where on the road I am when I'm trying to go through the middle of cars, meaning I'm crashing constantly.

And we NEED the mountain section open for drifting!

The camera is a bit low in the demo.
I was driving around with my thumb keeping the right analogue stick in the up position, so I could see where i was going.
I thought it was fun just driving around, although I had trouble finding the events, infact the first time i tried the demo I turned it off because i couldn't find the race after driving around.

DEMO SUPPORTING UP TO 8 PLAYERS ONLINE

From Jan 4th to Jan 14th 2008, the Paradise City servers will double the number of players that can join in an online session of Burnout Paradise, from 4 to 8.

With it, a total of 13 new Freeburn challenges will be available for players to attempt - 3 challenges in 5, 6 and 7 player sessions, and 4 new challenges for those playing in 8 player sessions.

Source

:cool:

It's out Friday guys! \\:o/ I am going to order mine and get it sent to my work :)

I'm not overly looking forward to it now, don't see myself buying it for a while, and certainly not for anymore than £25.

I have pre-ordered my copy, looking forward to playing around in the whole city

I didn't like any of the Burnout games so I will be giving this a miss for sure. PGR4 all the way!

Yeah, same here. I'm not really looking forward to this one, it doesn't have the same feeling the older releases of Burnout usually had. I remember playing Revenge a couple of years ago and I simply loved it. This one just doesn't impress me at all, I've barely played the demo.

I'll pop out to the shops on saturday to get it. Besides fifa I just havent got anything else to play atm. And there isnt anything else on the horizon that I want the coming month.

:lmao: It's a fair point!

I bought Assassin's Creed for £25 just before Xmas, got home and played it for about 2 hours. Haven't touched it since. It's not that it's a bad game or I don't like it, but FIFA just rules my life :(

I cant wait, I'm trading in Uncharted for it.

My copy of Burnout has been dispatched today! Should have it tomorrow all being well :D

Back
Top Bottom